PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide where to eat!

sugabutt
03-20-2010, 09:21 PM
I'm hoping for free dining in late September. We've only been to Disney once before, but never on the dining plan, so I'd love to eat at the places I see talked about alot on this board.

I think we are staying 8 nights, thus 8 Table Service credits. It's myself (mom), DH and DD-age 4. Last time we went we ate at CRT and Akershus (just for the princesses). We do like buffets (DH is a big guy and likes to eat a lot), and I like buffets just to try a little bit of everything. DH does like steaks and seafood. Me, I'm more into new/different things and tend to lean towards vegatarian (not totally though).

So - here's what I've come up with so far - please give me your input!

Day 1: Arrive late.

Day 2: Late Breakfast at Chef Mickey's (1TS) (for the characters for DD) and Dinner at Spirit of Aloha (2TS). Not planning on any parks that day since we will be arriving really late the night before.

Day 3: Spend in MK. Lunch at CRT (2TS). Hoping to get a BBBoutique ressie that morning then go up for lunch afterwards.

Day 4: Epcot day. Eat at Le Cellier (1TS) -for DH's steak.

Day 5-7: nothing planned yet - go to AK and HS for the parks. Just planning on eating at Quick Service places.

Day 8: Back to MK. Eat at Crystal Palace for lunch (1TS). Dinner - go over to 1900 Park Fare for the Cinderella dinner (1TS), then back to MK for final fireworks. I thought this would be a nice way to end the vacation for my daughter. She is a princess nut.

Day 9 - leave :(

Please offer any suggestions on other places we should try. Of course none of this is set in stone cause I can't make ressies yet.

Pooh&OurHunny
03-20-2010, 09:44 PM
Suggestion for AK is Tusker House breakfast buffet...my son loves this one and my husband loves the juice and a good selection of breakfast food. The place is less hectic than CP or CM and great character interaction too...they have a musical parade. Another place my son loves is Hollywood and vine character meal (food is so so) but one of the best for my son. They have sing/dance ever 15 mins and have a parade ever 30 mins.

EKW
03-20-2010, 09:49 PM
I agree...Tusker House breakfast is a MUST! The food is great, the service is better, and Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Daisy all come to your table for pictures...then dance with the kids.

You can get ressies for before the park opens, meaning you're there while it's still semi-cool. You get into the park before everyone else if you do this. Send someone to get FPs for the safari while you're waiting...they're next to each other.

Of all our Disney meals at either park, this is our favorite!

I'd also suggest choosing one of your AK days to have dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe. If your son is outgoing at all, he will LOVE it! Your mom will get a kick out of watching him there! I should add...it's at Wilderness Lodge, so it involves travel, but AK closes so early (if you even plan to stay the whole day!) that you could go after closing if your son can do a later dinner.

Rosetta89
03-20-2010, 09:49 PM
Cape may cafe in the beach club has a great seafood buffet! Crystal palace is amazing, must do for my family every time!
Magical Wishes:wizard:

kathie859
03-20-2010, 09:57 PM
If she's truly a "princess" nut, you have to try Akershus (Norway Pavillion). It has the very best princess interaction of any character meal. princess:

DISNEY1975
03-21-2010, 12:53 PM
The last time I went to Disney, I had my DD4 (now 6) with me. Her absolute favorite was the Princess breakfast in Norway, but very close second was Hollywood and Vine Breakfast at DHS.

Her favorite non character meal (aside from the dinner shows, which she liked Mickey BBQ) was dinner at OHana. She loved the coconut races and the limbo.

As for the adults, we liked California Grill. She liked the food and liked going on the balcony to see the fireworks (we had 7:15pm ressies). Adults also loved Le Cellier and Yachtsman Steakhouse. She liked them, but would not recommend them to any of her little friends!! No characters and nothing fun...just good food!

cbg1027
03-21-2010, 01:06 PM
Best 1 TS credit meal ever - Sanaa!!!