PDA

View Full Version : Are these good choices????????

rookie78
03-20-2010, 10:18 PM
This is my first time to do dining plan and made reservations for our trip for May 28-June 3. 2010. We just decided to go a few days ago, so did not get all the reservations wanted. Not sure how these restaurants are??? I have never ate at any dw restuarants.

28th-
dinner--crystal palace

29th---dinner
the garden grill

30th--dinner--1900 fare

31st--dinner--tutto italian

1st--kona cafe

2nd--dinner--princess story book in epcot

catne
03-20-2010, 10:24 PM
This is my first time to do dining plan and made reservations for our trip for May 28-June 3. 2010. We just decided to go a few days ago, so did not get all the reservations wanted. Not sure how these restaurants are??? I have never ate at any dw restuarants.

28th-
dinner--crystal palace Like the food, Winnie the Pooh characters are fun

29th---dinner
the garden grill Food is OK, Chip & Dale characters are fun

30th--dinner--1900 fare food is good, love the stepsisters, Cinderella & prince are sweet

31st--dinner--tutto italian food is good

1st--kona cafe food is good

2nd--dinner--princess story book in epcot haven't been, but daughters should enjoy the princesses

See comments in blue above --I think you did quite well getting character experiences on short notice...no "bad" food choices as far as I can see.

Rosetta89
03-20-2010, 10:32 PM
crystal palace is amazing! that is a must go for my family. food is good, spacing is decent in place and characters come around regularly. they also do a little like kid parade around the dining room usually(saw you had little ones) if they do it they get all the little kids up and play music while they follow the winnie the pooh characters around and swing there napkins :goodvibes love this place.
Have not been to the italian place since it changed location but the food was so delicious where it used to be so im guessing it still would be!
never been to garden grill but if the food is similiar to the other food options in The Land it should be good. i ate in the food court on the bottom floor of The Land and there were a lot of unique choices and it was really good! :)
I have been to Akershus (the princess story book breakfast) twice. loved it. Ariel. Snow White. Belle. Aurora. were there the one time and the other time them plus Mulan were there. The food is good but it is brought family style which is not everybodys favorite. But it is definitely great interaction with the princesses! I think it is awesome for all ages.
Hope i was of help!
Magical Wishes :wizard:

ipodluvr287
03-20-2010, 11:38 PM
Your choices look great to me! You did good for such short notice! :thumbsup2

TiggerFamily
03-21-2010, 08:45 AM
Love Crystal Palace and Garden Grill! Good food and great characters

FlightlessDuck
03-21-2010, 08:53 AM
Crystal Palace - Food is OK but not great. Decor is weird. Very cold. Been there one, had horrendous service.

Garden Grill - I absolutely despise this restaurant. The Living with the Land soundtrack is too loud and very annoying. You feel too crowded in by the design of the restaurant (especially if you are on the upper level). The little cubby holes you can see in the center cylindrical wall if you sit on the upper level are cluttered. The characters go by too quickly. But I did like the food.

1900 Park Fare - Went in 2006, before they changed to the stepsisters. Food, again, was OK. Didn't like the decor. Wasn't our favorite character meal.

Akershus Princess Storybook - Went here for lunch. Loved the decor and the food. Apparently we don't like face characters all that much, because we found the whole experience a little weird. I'd rather talk to a big Mickey head than an overly-made up princess. I'd come back here if I could avoid the characters.

dina7
03-21-2010, 09:39 AM
I've only been to 2 of the restaurants on your list, Tutto Italia & Crystal Palace. We are also returning to both of them for our trip this Aug. Crystal Palace has good food & a lot of variety. Pooh characters are fun, but it takes a long time for all of them to get to your table. Last yr. we left before Piglet got to us...it was just taking too long. Went to Tutto Italia for the 1st time last yr & loved it...the food is delicious & so are desserts! Enjoy!!

Goofy&Sleepy
03-21-2010, 09:48 AM
You didn't say if you were on DDP? If so, you got some pretty good choices as dinner is the more expensive meal. Personally, we like doing character b'fast as the meal lasts for us most of the day. If you are doing DDP, B'fast at BOMA is usually pretty easy to get as is WVL Whispering Canyon. WC is great fun & good food & you can usually get it easily. I'd probably pick it over another character meal as it is fun for kids, an easy hotel to get to from MK, and good food for adult as opposed to doing buffet.