PDA

View Full Version : Mum's Birthday...with kids..help!!!!

clairelly
03-20-2010, 11:06 AM
Hi

My mum will be celebrating her 59th Birthday whilst with the Mouse this August. For the first time, our extended family are holidaying out there at the same time. My dilemma is this.

In my party, our youngest DS is 12 and our eldest DSs 16. In my brother's party, his youngest DS is 5 and doesn't like to sit still ;) and his DD is 7 and loves anything princessy!

Where can we take my mum and stepdad to eat that's nice for adults but also cool for our teens and also entertaining for the kids?

Any help would be much appreciated xx

ValinWV
03-20-2010, 08:28 PM
The only one I can think of of the top of my head is Coral Reef. My kids are entertained by the aquarium and it is a nice atmosphere for the adults. The food is good. I hope this helps some.

jodywgirl
03-20-2010, 08:33 PM
My two suggestions would be Ohanas ( good food with entertainment for the kids and it is all you can eat which helps with teenagers)

Another option would be Teppan Edo (the show part should keep the younger ones entertained and the food is good.)

Brook1099
03-20-2010, 10:03 PM
Biergarten is always fun my my 2 kiddies,and us the 2 big kids and the food is really good as well. Party of 8 seated to a table, bigger parties not sure how they seat

Ohana's is fun and food is good just a little loud though.

Gala Feast @ Grand Fla. is really good buffet w/ Cinderella,Prince Charming and the stepsisters and mum, really fun entrtainment and good food.

tarheelmjfan
03-20-2010, 10:33 PM
Unfortunately, it sounds like you have too many people for Teppan Edo or Biergarten. It wouldn't be a very fun celebration, if you had to split up. Ohana sounds like it may be a good choice. We've never eaten at 50's PTC, but it also sounds like a fun place for a multi-generational birthday. I would ask your mom where she would like to eat, unless it's a surprise. My bet is that she would choose a place the grandkids, especially the active one ;), will be entertained so you all can chat over dinner.

honeydiane1953
03-21-2010, 03:46 AM
O'Hana's was the first thing that came to mind.:love:

clairelly
03-21-2010, 05:29 AM
Thanks everso much for all your replies.....has given me lots of work on :goodvibes

tarheelmjfan
03-21-2010, 04:16 PM
Another thought, what about HDDR? That would probably be a fun place for a birthday. FWIW, I would give totally different suggestions, if it were adults only. Your circumstances are different from what we're used to though.

Whatever you decide, you're mom's birthday will be great, because you'll all be there to celebrate.