PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite restaurant in Epcot?

fterie4u
03-19-2010, 08:48 PM
We are doing Le Cellier one night and Akershus for breakfast one morning. We have one additional night that we are going to be in Epcot. Where would you recommend for dinner? It is myself, dh and dd (4). Thank you!

TinkerbellinLouisian
03-19-2010, 10:19 PM
I have tried Coral Reef, Les Chefs de France, and Biergarten a million years ago.... so long ago that I don't feel I qualify to report on them....

Teppan Edo became a Family Tradition...DS won't let us skip...as it's his FAVORITE thing about WDW ....So we've been there at least the last 10 times.

Still can't get him to part with Teppan Edo...so for his Graduation Celebration...I had to get PH's for the first time in a long time...just to try Le Cellier...which I've been dying to try... All my Disfanatic friends recommend it...and it's recommended on here...

So from someone who can't provide much comparison...I would recommend Teppan Edo... It's Fun...It's a Show....It's a Great meal !

Hugs,
Mary

MinnieLovesMickey
03-19-2010, 10:25 PM
Rose and Crown and Coral Reef are two of my favorites. The child's menus at both are similar so it just depends on what you and DH are in the mood for.

Love the fish and chips at Rose and Crown, also try the mushy peas, you'll be pleasantly surprised. At Coral Reef, the Mahi Mahi and the New York steak are both very good and I always go for the Chocolate Wave for dessert.

Whatever you decide on, enjoy!:goodvibes

bluechic03
03-19-2010, 10:26 PM
we like teppan edo too, but you might also enjoy biergarten. it has a buffet so u can pick and choose, also stuff for kids. the band is awesome and of course the beer! :drinking1 it is so festive and sooooooooo much fun :cool1:its our favorite!

jodywgirl
03-20-2010, 12:43 AM
I would go with Teppan Edo or Coral Reef.

DansBride2009
03-20-2010, 05:59 AM
I love EPCOT! It's one of my favorite places ever.

I agree with a PP that said that Coral Reef would be nice ... my mom and I had a truly magical experience there. We were so lucky and got to sit right next to the fish tank and watch the sea life in it ... so beautiful. And the kids there seemed to love it, and it would be romantic for you and your DH.

However, I also love the main resteraunt(sp?) at the Mexico pavilion, however it helps to have adventerous(geez can't spell) eaters because the meals aren't typical of normal Mexican resteraunts(sp) (forgot what it's called!). Make sure you leave plenty of time for dining because they are a bit on the slow side. There is neat shopping and a ride inside that now features Donald Duck(I didn't read your post too closely to see if you've been before so sorry if I sound like I'm talking to a first timer!). We had one of my pre wedding meals there and it was beautiful and romantic.

Whatever you choose will be great!! I liked the main resteraunt(sp) in Morocco as well, but don't know how kid friendly it is; I'm sure they have choices for kids. The belly dancer is fun! Have fun and hope I helped some!

Doombuddy
03-20-2010, 07:05 AM
I have eaten at a few Teppan Edo turned us on to Japanese hibachi. But our favorite (and sometimes hard to get reservations) is Le Cellier. We love the cheese soup!

disney_girl2010
03-20-2010, 07:33 AM
I LOVE Coral Reef! It is such a neat atmosphere with the lighting and you feel almost like you are underground with in the sea. There is what looks like crushed blue glass on the railing by the tables on the tier level and it is just soooo pretty and ofcourse the aquarium is awesome!!! I think you and your DH would love it and your daughter at age 4 would probably be fascinated by all the fish and sea turtles. I loved watching them pass by and didn't want to leave after dinner. As for the food I had the blackened catfish and I really enjoyed it and I think DH had a Ceaser Salad and I recall it being big! Anyway I say pick Coral Reef I know you will LOVE it too!!!!:goodvibes

Mamu
03-20-2010, 07:42 AM
It's a tie between Chefs de France and Tutto Italia.

Art 1
03-20-2010, 07:45 AM
I like them all, yes, even Mexico. Probably eat at China the most.

Totoro
03-20-2010, 08:06 AM
So many great restaurants.

I would have to say Akershus is one of my favorites. You get a cold buffet, a real entree, delicious desserts and the Princesses.

We also like Tokyo Dining and Biergarten.

goofy4prez
03-20-2010, 08:16 AM
My favorites in order.

1 .Coral Reef
2. Teppan Edo
3. Biergarten
4. San Angel Inn ( I know I'm weird, but I love this place)
5. Rose & Crown

Yes, I have eaten at Le'Cellier and it is not by error that I left it off my top 5. Good, but overhyped and overrated. The Cheese Soup and Pretzel bread is more memorable and more enjoyable to me than the steaks were.

fterie4u
03-20-2010, 09:46 AM
Thank you so much for all of your replies! We have been to Biergarten a few times and would like to try something else. All the rest sound great! My dh would like to try Mexico, however, the food does not look that good to me. We may try Coral Reef (for dd) or Rose & Crownm for the fish fry??:confused3

Forever Fairy
03-20-2010, 11:36 AM
DH and I would have to say Teppan Edo and/or Tokyo Dining. We used to really love Alfredo's when it was there. We haven't been to Tutto's but have it scheduled for an upcoming trip.

JoePa4Ever
03-22-2010, 10:47 AM
Coral Reef is my favorite restaurant - love the atmosphere with the aquarium view and we've had great meals there.

pickles
03-22-2010, 01:48 PM
Morocco is our family favorite! The Brewats are delicious! and your hubby will enjoy the dancer as will the kids.

vettegirl
03-22-2010, 02:13 PM
Our favorite is Biergarten. We love the food selection and how authentic the food really is. An added bonus is the entertainment.

KatMark
03-22-2010, 02:41 PM
We love Rose & Crown.

princessallegra
03-22-2010, 03:18 PM
We love Tutto Italia, only outside! It's a great experience, ambiance and food.

Rosetta89
03-22-2010, 03:22 PM
Have to say been to Akershus twice and love it :)
Our favorite EPCOT dinning hands down though is the Biergarten. It is a must go everytime for our family!
Good food! Good entertainment!
Magical Wishes:wizard:

BurghFan111
03-22-2010, 05:03 PM
We love Tutto. The food is great. The atmosphere is great. Not much more I can say.

Nermel9
03-22-2010, 05:35 PM
Le Cellier, no question! Although, as of now, I've only been to Le Cellier and Rose and Crown...but Le Cellier definitely beats Rose and Crown! :lmao:

Cookie Princess
03-28-2010, 08:29 AM
After Le Cellier as our first choice, it would have to be Coral Reef.

beroh2253
03-28-2010, 08:57 AM
We do most of our TS at EPCOT so we always need hopper passes
this would be my order of the restaurants we have eaten at in EPCOT
Le Cellier
Coral Reef
San Angle Inn
Chefs de France
Rose and Crown
Teppen Edo
Nine Dragons (before refurb)

I would go back to any one but I still have to get the the others in EPCOT but must doos seem to be the first 5 of these restaurants on every trip

BEANTOWNDR7
03-28-2010, 09:31 AM
we love Biergarten, not only is the food great but the entertainment is fantastic; the kids can go down and dance while the band plays German music.

Evan&Kimberly
03-28-2010, 10:42 AM
You have some great places! PSB breakfast is A Must Lecelliar is a Must & Coral Reef is A must!
I have heard Teppan edo is good but it doesnt come with a salad or miso soup besides we have those type of places at home, I tried Tutto last year & was not happy with it!

A_Princess'_Daddy
03-28-2010, 11:07 AM
It's tough to go wrong in the World Showcase, in my opinion.

We like to go to places that we cannot get as easily at home, so places like Tutto Italia, Le Cellier and Nine Dragons are not as popular with our family as places such as Biergarten, Restaurant Marrakesh & Les Chefs de France/Bistro de Paris.

The one we're currently debating for our upcoming trip is Teppan Edo, a style that we can easily get here but that we really enjoy in Epcot.

That having been said, our favorites would probably be:
Biergarten (a lot of fun, and we both really like German food)
Teppan Edo
San Angel Inn (DW's favorite, largely for sentimental reasons, but we do all enjoy more authentic Mexican food, however, so this is a popular choice)
Restaurant Marrakesh

Beauty & the Best
03-28-2010, 11:35 AM
Another vote for Tutto Italia. It is delicious!!

elastigirl
03-28-2010, 11:38 AM
We love Morocco and Mexico.

aurorae
03-28-2010, 01:12 PM
Check out the Dis Reviews. Tokyo gets the highest rating for table service in Epcot.

http://reviews.wdwinfo.com/showcat.php/category/39_Theme%20Park%20Table%20Service

Pooh&OurHunny
03-28-2010, 01:23 PM
We love Chefs de France

Rubbertops
03-28-2010, 06:05 PM
We liked Chefs du France.
The Tartes des Chefs a la Flame Alsacienne is the best thing I have EVER eaten!

A_Princess'_Daddy
03-28-2010, 06:21 PM
The Tartes des Chefs a la Flame Alsacienne is the best thing I have EVER eaten!

Totally agreed!!! So absolutely delicious!!!

For whatever it's worth, Trader Joe's has a version of it that is one of our favorite special treats. We don't have a Trader Joe's in Iowa, so whenever we go to a city with one, we fill a cooler to bring home and stock our freezer with a dozen or so.