PDA

View Full Version : AKV Room types released to CRO. Concierge and Value?!

KAT4DISNEY
03-15-2010, 02:33 PM
On another thread on the planning board Disbug1 shared that they were seeing Concierge rooms available thru CRO for cash bookings over Christmas 2010. When I looked I also saw Values were available along with Standard and Savanna. I always thought that Concierge and Value room types were ones that would not be released by DVC for cash bookings and I'm more than a bit bothered by it. From what I understand at BWV they do not release either the boardwalk view or the standard view rooms.

Is it appropriate for DVC to release rooms from the two smallest booking categories (and two very popular room categories) for a premium time? Or anytime? And to do it in the home resort booking priority?

I am not saying that DVC doesn't have the right to b/c I don't recall ever seeing the topic of what types of rooms are released in any of the ownership documents but I don't think that DVC is attending to their member's best interests in doing this.

BWV Dreamin
03-15-2010, 07:55 PM
I am concerned with this. I thought rooms only went to CRO in the last 30 days of the booking timeframe?

CarolMN
03-15-2010, 08:07 PM
Are you sure that the concierge rooms were from DVC inventory? As you know, the resort also has concierge rooms.

If they truly were DVC inventory, that seems wrong. If I owned AKV, I would email Member Satisfaction and express my displeasure unless the available dates were less than 7 months out. Don't feel I have the standing to complain since I don't own there.

Don't feel the same way about the value category - I've read several reports of those being available at 7 months. So it would definitely depend on the dates offered by CRO,assuming the rooms were DVC inventory.

dclfun
03-15-2010, 10:07 PM
Those concierge rooms would not be AKLV's, but the concierge rooms on the third floor. The DVC concierge villas area booked at exactly 11 months out, exactly at 9 am. I'm not sure about the value rooms but perhaps they are inventory that has not been declared or sold. I know they were still converting value rooms.---Kathy

its_jason
03-15-2010, 10:53 PM
The DVC concierge villas area booked at exactly 11 months out, exactly at 9 am.

I can vouch for this missing at the 11 month mark a couple of times. :(

DebbieB
03-16-2010, 12:08 AM
Those concierge rooms would not be AKLV's, but the concierge rooms on the third floor. The DVC concierge villas area booked at exactly 11 months out, exactly at 9 am. I'm not sure about the value rooms but perhaps they are inventory that has not been declared or sold. I know they were still converting value rooms.---Kathy

Not always true. A friend of mine who owns a BCV got at 1 bedroom concierge for June 2008 at the 7 month mark to celebrate a "milestone birthday". I was lucky enough to be invited along!

KAT4DISNEY
03-16-2010, 12:23 AM
The belief that it had to be AKL rooms was expressed on the other thread. I went and looked because I couldn't really believe it either that they would turn over these room types. It came up when selecting the Deluxe Villas - Jambo selection and I can only say that it is the DVC Concierge room.

I don't know of an AKL hotel room that has the sofa's in the studio and 1BR or a whirlpool bath and washer/dryer in the 1br. It's definitely DVC rooms. :mad: And I too have been shut out at 11 months for these rooms.

The one possibility could be that they are adding the concierge to a different room type but I'm doubtful b/c of the Value option. The Value's just have to be DVC. It even says the view will be Savanna, Pool or Parking lot.

Here are screen shots of all room types that came up:

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn282/kat4golf/Miscellaneous/ConciergeCRO_Page_1.jpg

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn282/kat4golf/Miscellaneous/ConciergeCRO_Page_2.jpg

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn282/kat4golf/Miscellaneous/ConciergeCRO_Page_3.jpg

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn282/kat4golf/Miscellaneous/ConciergeCRO_Page_4.jpg

KAT4DISNEY
03-16-2010, 12:27 AM

I also have gotten a 1BR concierge at 7 months. Besides that this inventory has been turned over while still in the 11-7 month priority booking period. It never even went as far as 7 months, much less 60 days or less.

If they truly were DVC inventory, that seems wrong. If I owned AKV, I would email Member Satisfaction and express my displeasure unless the available dates were less than 7 months out. Don't feel I have the standing to complain since I don't own there.

That is what I was thinking about doing. CRO has concierge options to offer - they don't need to have access to 2 of the ten rooms available to DVC at any time IMO, much less more than 7 months out over a holiday. I also feel the same way about the Value option since there are so few rooms of that type.

BWV Dreamin
03-16-2010, 06:24 AM
Even if these are available at 7 mos., they are to be available for DVC members, not CRO. I really hope there is some other explanation for these rooms being available in CRO.:mad:

pyrxtc
03-16-2010, 08:15 AM
perhaps they took these rooms for someone trading out to RCI or something ?? Still very wrong to take the most prized rooms and try to book them for cash but still ... not cool !

pyrxtc
03-16-2010, 08:18 AM
what are your dates, cuz I can't get club level to come up at all. Studio's and 1 bedrooms, yes but no club level for Jambo.

pyrxtc
03-16-2010, 08:25 AM
nevermind, I got offered them for the 24th to the 26th. I got offered a studio and 1 bedroom villa.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a125/pyrxtc/AKVCL.jpg

Simba's Mom
03-16-2010, 10:01 AM
Don't feel the same way about the value category - I've read several reports of those being available at 7 months. So it would definitely depend on the dates offered by CRO,assuming the rooms were DVC inventory.

I'm upset about the value category, since I'm on the waitlist for a value studio. I went on the waitlist at exactly 7 months, shortly after 9:00 am.

cel_disney
03-16-2010, 10:30 AM
Is it possible that since AKL isnt a sold out resort that DVD already released some developer stock (or whatever its called) to CRO?

tjkraz
03-16-2010, 10:44 AM
Is it possible that since AKL isnt a sold out resort that DVD already released some developer stock (or whatever its called) to CRO?

That probably does play a role.

I've read that Kidani is only about 50% sold, which means that DVD still holds about 30% of all points for "Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas."

Disney probably has a computer algorithm which pulls a cross section of all views/categories equivalent to the percentage of points still owned by the developer.

KAT4DISNEY
03-16-2010, 01:15 PM

When Kidani sales were about to start or just starting they were very specific that Jambo was sold out. I know that for booking purposes Kidani and Jambo are considered one but Jambo itself, where these rooms are, is sold out so they specifically are not still held by the developer. There's the 3% or so they retain for room servicing I'm doubtful that's part of this either.

Either way - DVC has the ability to control what category of rooms are given to CRO and these two shouldn't be - especially since not all categories at other resorts are.

I'm still comparing to the boardwalk view at BWV (or even Standard view) which from everything I've heard is never released to CRO - and those are far bigger categories than either Concierge or Value. I hope this is just a glitch.

tjkraz
03-16-2010, 01:22 PM
When Kidani sales were about to start or just starting they were very specific that Jambo was sold out. I know that for booking purposes Kidani and Jambo are considered one but Jambo itself, where these rooms are, is sold out so they specifically are not still held by the developer.

I don't see where the building really makes a difference.

When SSR was still selling the initial 18 buildings, guests were spread over all 18 buildings not just the ones declared. Only 30 of the 60 treehouse villas have been declared but I can guarantee there aren't 30 undeclared treehouses available to CRO.

Up though May '09 all of the Jambo rooms would have been available since that's all that was in the system and they were all sold. But once Kidani opened and the developer was suddenly holding a large percentage of "Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas", it would certainly be within their rights to hold some villas at Jambo House. It's all just one big condo association.

I'm still comparing to the boardwalk view at BWV (or even Standard view) which from everything I've heard is never released to CRO - and those are far bigger categories than either Concierge or Value. I hope this is just a glitch.

With the difference being that BWV is all sold out. If DVD was holding 30% of BWV, I suspect there would be BoardWalk View rooms in that inventory.

KAT4DISNEY
03-16-2010, 01:40 PM
I don't see where the building really makes a difference.

When SSR was still selling the initial 18 buildings, guests were spread over all 18 buildings not just the ones declared. Only 30 of the 60 treehouse villas have been declared but I can guarantee there aren't 30 undeclared treehouses available to CRO.

Up though May '09 all of the Jambo rooms would have been available since that's all that was in the system and they were all sold. But once Kidani opened and the developer was suddenly holding a large percentage of "Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas", it would certainly be within their rights to hold some villas at Jambo House. It's all just one big condo association.

Of course which is why I clarified about my concern being that this category is released at any time to CRO.

wdrl
03-16-2010, 04:28 PM
The belief that it had to be AKL rooms was expressed on the other thread. I went and looked because I couldn't really believe it either that they would turn over these room types. It came up when selecting the Deluxe Villas - Jambo selection and I can only say that it is the DVC Concierge room.

I don't know of an AKL hotel room that has the sofa's in the studio and 1BR or a whirlpool bath and washer/dryer in the 1br. It's definitely DVC rooms. :mad: And I too have been shut out at 11 months for these rooms.

Has someone confirmed that the Concierge rooms being being offered for cash reservations are actually the five two-bedroom villas located on the 6th floor of Jambo House? I ask this question because Animal Kingdom Lodge has several Concierge rooms and suites that are not part of the DVC inventory. AKV has Royal Suites, two-bedroom suites, and even standard rooms that have Concierge Level service. See this link from the Disney website: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/animal-kingdom-lodge/rates-rooms/. In its description of the Standard room with Concierge Level service, the Disney site says that some rooms have bunk beds. Do any of the DVC Concierge Level rooms have bunk beds?

In the past, I've used the Disney website to check prices prices of cash reservations. Sometimes, the price of a specific room accommodation is shown on one page of the website but if you choose the accommodation, the next page will indicate that it is not available. It would not surprise me that Concierge Villas are listed as an accommodation choice on the website, but that they are not available for cash reservations.

DVCGeek
03-16-2010, 04:31 PM
Deleted

DVCGeek
03-16-2010, 04:41 PM
Either way - DVC has the ability to control what category of rooms are given to CRO and these two shouldn't be - especially since not all categories at other resorts are.

I agree and would hope they aren't released to CRO as a normal policy! At the very least I'd like for them not to be open to CRO until the 7 month mark at the earliest...

wdrl
03-16-2010, 04:43 PM
I would hope that is the case, BUT if the room isn't booked during the breakerage period [60 days prior to arrival?] (i.e. someone canceled a ressie and there weren't any waitlists for the room that late in the game) maybe then it would go to CRO? :confused3

Yes, that can happen. I can imagine a scenario in which a member cancels a reservation within 7 days of a trip, and no other member has an active wait list for that specific accommodation and days. In that event, CRO could step in and book the room for cash. Of course, the OP's original question was about reservations for December, so the breakage rules are not yet applicable in that scenario.

Vickis3js
03-16-2010, 05:11 PM
UGHH I just called today to see about getting CL for our Christmas trip since DH bought me an add on for our anniversary and I have some extra points to play with. I was told they had no availability for most days the days I wanted which happened to be over Christmas with the 24th-26th being some of the dates they told me no to.

KAT4DISNEY
03-16-2010, 07:33 PM
Has someone confirmed that the Concierge rooms being being offered for cash reservations are actually the five two-bedroom villas located on the 6th floor of Jambo House? I ask this question because Animal Kingdom Lodge has several Concierge rooms and suites that are not part of the DVC inventory. AKV has Royal Suites, two-bedroom suites, and even standard rooms that have Concierge Level service. See this link from the Disney website: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/animal-kingdom-lodge/rates-rooms/. In its description of the Standard room with Concierge Level service, the Disney site says that some rooms have bunk beds. Do any of the DVC Concierge Level rooms have bunk beds?

In the past, I've used the Disney website to check prices prices of cash reservations. Sometimes, the price of a specific room accommodation is shown on one page of the website but if you choose the accommodation, the next page will indicate that it is not available. It would not surprise me that Concierge Villas are listed as an accommodation choice on the website, but that they are not available for cash reservations.

I don't know if it's possible to know 100% until a person who booked it checked in but every indication is that it is the Concierge category DVC studio and 1BR. Even if they're doing something with getting a person concierge access (which I don't think is it), the Value category can only be one thing. The link you provided is for the hotel room descriptions. Also, I'm not aware of any hotel suites that have washer/dryers nor do I see it in any of the hotel room descriptions but it is there for the rooms I'm referring to.

I've run into what you've described on the website - selecting it then when you update learning it's not available but then I've usually had that option completely disappear - as if someone else got to it before I did. So I went and checked on the Concierge Villa choices and it was going to allow me to complete the booking so they are available.

I'd be much happier to have something show it's not the DVC Concierge and Value rooms but so far nothing indicates it isn't and everything points to the DVC category.

UGHH I just called today to see about getting CL for our Christmas trip since DH bought me an add on for our anniversary and I have some extra points to play with. I was told they had no availability for most days the days I wanted which happened to be over Christmas with the 24th-26th being some of the dates they told me no to.

:sad2: Did you try a waitlist? Maybe you'd get lucky and they'd pull it back?

Tigger1
03-16-2010, 07:42 PM
Vickis3js

It is very hard to get CL with points at 11 months out. They only have 5-2bdrm (which can be split into5 1-bdrm and 5 studios instead of 2-bdroms) in cl.

I have never went over christmas, but have heard that for any dvc resort that you need to try to reserve at 11 months for christmas time.

You might try in January for Dec 2011.

Good luck.

wdrl
03-16-2010, 07:52 PM
I

I'd be much happier to have something show it's not the DVC Concierge and Value rooms but so far nothing indicates it isn't and everything points to the DVC category.

I agree. I'd be happier, too, if I had a better understanding of the facts in this case.

Disneycouple99
03-16-2010, 08:57 PM
My thoughts, maybe Disney but the DVC description for the club levels onto the website for AKL club level rooms. Would not be the first time they screwed up.

DebbieB
03-16-2010, 10:40 PM

Even though it's been said you can't get a boardwalk view through CRO, if you read the room descriptions on disneyworld.com, it says they are available. Although I've never seen one come up when checking rooms online.

Description Deluxe Studio Studios with Standard Views look out over Resort grounds or parking area. Preferred View Studios look out over pools, the canal, courtyards or gardens. Boardwalk View Studios overlook Disney's Boardwalk and Crescent Lake. Rates vary for each.

DVCGeek
03-17-2010, 12:18 PM
Kinda' off topic, but 7 month success with AKV CL does happen- here is a report:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=35853189&postcount=1

But that doesn't change not liking them going to CRO of course!

Vickis3js
03-17-2010, 05:29 PM
Vickis3js

It is very hard to get CL with points at 11 months out. They only have 5-2bdrm (which can be split into5 1-bdrm and 5 studios instead of 2-bdroms) in cl.

I have never went over christmas, but have heard that for any dvc resort that you need to try to reserve at 11 months for christmas time.

You might try in January for Dec 2011.

Good luck.

I am wait listed and there was actually days available when I called the other day. I had NO intention of trying for CL at all until we came home from WDW the other day. While there DH bought me an add on so I have extra points to play with now for our Dec trip. If I had enough points at the time my 11 month window opened I would have booked CL then since I am well aware of how hard it is to book there. I just figured I would call and see what was available since it never hurts to ask.

dclfun
03-17-2010, 11:17 PM
Of course there *can* be availability at any time for CL- it's just not as likely as in other categories due to lack of inventory and demand. That said, people do cancel and anyone in their right mind who even has a thought of staying CL and with the points to do so would want to book something and then cancel later if the dates didn't work out. I've known several people who booked CL and then cancelled, and these were over holiday periods. Turns out they ended up with other family plans. I wouldn't want to think DRC could book those rooms either, but the last time we stayed in value there were no rooms facing the parking lot in that section that had the little DVC logo outside the rooms so I figured perhaps they weren't yet declared into DVC inventory.---Kathy