PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Movies: What are you Most Excited to See?

WaltD4Me
03-15-2010, 11:23 AM
Several Disney movies are coming out this year. What ones are you most excited about?

Toy Story 3 for me of course and also Tangled (Rapunzel) and Sorcerer's Apprentice looks interesting. I'm not a big fan of Nicholas Cage, but I did like him in National Treasure. Tron doesn't interest me, but I know alot of people are very excited about it. I don't even think I ever saw the first one.

Andrea73
03-15-2010, 11:28 AM
Honestly, I am most excited that Beauty and the Beast is coming out of the vault. I did not have kids when it was out last and it is the one princess movie we are missing.

ocalla
03-15-2010, 11:40 AM
Toy Story 3!!!!

Never heard of Tangled? I will have to look that one up.

Tron doesn't look like anything I would like either.

iwrbnd
03-15-2010, 11:43 AM
Toy Story 3 and my daughter is anxiously waiting for March 16 to get Princess and the Frog!

WaltD4Me
03-15-2010, 12:05 PM
Toy Story 3!!!!

Never heard of Tangled? I will have to look that one up.

Tron doesn't look like anything I would like either.

Tangled is Rapunzel. It comes out in 3D in November of this year. Not much out there about it yet, it is on Disney's website, (but doesn't have it's own website yet( and there is a very short trailer on You Tube. Mandy Moore is the voice of Rapunzel.

thelittlemermaid83
03-15-2010, 12:10 PM
Toy Story 3!

I'm a bit upset they renamed Rapunzel to tangled. But hey-ho what can ya do. lol.

pixiepirate
03-15-2010, 12:29 PM
Just saw Alice in Wonderland last week. I thought it was amazingly imaginative and delightful. Now I am looking forward to Prince of Perisa: The Sands of Time.

redboxcar
03-15-2010, 02:32 PM
I'm definitely looking forward to Toy Story 3 the most! And National Treasure 3, whenever that comes out.

cannp123165
03-15-2010, 02:35 PM
I am so excited to see Toy Story 3 - the trailer before Alice in Wonderland was great, and it looks really good! :) I am looking forward to seeing the new characters in it. :)

karen l
03-15-2010, 02:39 PM
Can't wait to see Toy Story 3 - Love Buzz & woody. I'd also like to see Sorcerer's Apprentice.:thumbsup2

startrekkie
03-15-2010, 03:19 PM
Toy Story 3

Bridge203618
03-15-2010, 03:33 PM
Honestly, I am most excited that Beauty and the Beast is coming out of the vault. I did not have kids when it was out last and it is the one princess movie we are missing.

When is that? That is awesome news. I ahve been wanting to get it for my DD!

pretty excited about Toy Story 3 and I did like the other 2 national treasure movies...

disneyfav4ever
03-15-2010, 04:56 PM
Toy Story 3 and Rapunzel.

TNMice
03-15-2010, 05:11 PM
Toy Story 3 for sure and it would be amazing to get Beauty and the Beast on Blu ray when it gets released.

ocalla
03-15-2010, 05:52 PM
I really hope they come out with National Treasure 3!!!!! Isn't this one supposed to be about Atlantis? or am I imagining things again???

Daisybelle
03-15-2010, 06:12 PM

When when when??? I've been waiting for this to come out again! For some reason I never bought this on DVD.

j&j620
03-15-2010, 08:30 PM
Toy Story 3!!! I think I almost ripped DH's arm off when we saw the teaser before UP! :yay:

I hadn't heard of the new Sorcerer's Apprentice until now...

ZiPaD3doDAH
03-15-2010, 09:28 PM
Toy Story 3 !!!! :banana::banana::banana:

SOSOSO exicted!

I am always buying toy story related items. Bought 'squeaky' plush, jessie pencil case & alien earsers in inside their "claw" yesterday haha.

Raenstoirm
03-15-2010, 09:59 PM
Another Toy Story here. I also hear rumor of a new Pirates in the works!

gymnastgirlflips
03-15-2010, 10:24 PM
Toy Story 3. How can you not get excited about a Pixar movie? Tangled (I wish they just called it Rapunzel...) seems nice, but I've only read about it in D23. I was laughing at the people's reaction to the Tron trailer when I went to see Alice- no one knew what Tron was. It HAS to be better than the original though.

PK Disney Dork
03-15-2010, 10:47 PM
Like everyone else, I'm more than excited for Toy Story 3! From the new trailer it really doesn't feel like they've lost a step in this series.

Other than that...TRON:LEGACY!!! I can't tell you how many times I've watched the trailer and I salivate every time!! Christmas can't come fast enough!

Pyrate_Pryncess
03-15-2010, 10:57 PM
Prince of Persia for sure! Also a non-Disney movie, How to train your Dragon. I cant wait for Toy Story 3 either. Wow, now that I think about it there are alot of movies Im dying to see! We saw Alice on WOnderland yesterday and it was fantastic! I Love Tim Burton and I think his touches were great!

Pyrate_Pryncess
03-15-2010, 11:02 PM
Another Toy Story here. I also hear rumor of a new Pirates in the works!

Yes, they are filming the 4th Pirate movie as I type this! Now, THAT is a movie that I won't miss at all! We love the Pirate movies and IMHO, Noone on this planet could have played Capt Jack better than Johnny Depp! He is AMAZING in this role and I am so glad they decided to go on with the 4th. They had said that there was a script for it but were unsure if they would make it or just end the movies with the 3rd, so when they announced that they were already filming the 4th I jumped out of my chair!

jg121285
03-15-2010, 11:42 PM
Like everyone else, I'm more than excited for Toy Story 3! From the new trailer it really doesn't feel like they've lost a step in this series.

Other than that...TRON:LEGACY!!! I can't tell you how many times I've watched the trailer and I salivate every time!! Christmas can't come fast enough!
I'm glad to see I'm not the only excited about Tron: Legacy. Never seen the original, need to, but the trailer I saw before Alice in Wonderland looked amazing.

Also excited for Prince of Persia because I love the games and the trailer looks good for that one.

Toy Story 3 is 3rd on the list. I'm very excited to see it but I feel like I wanted something new from Pixar. Ratatouille, Wall-e, and Up blew me away and now I'm kinda sad that I have to wait till after this and Cars 2 come out for something new. But I still can't wait to see this in 3D :goodvibes

jewels1916
03-16-2010, 09:09 AM
I'm excited for Disney's take on Rapunzel in Tangled, and also for Toy Story 3. I tend to shy away from sequels, I never think they hold up to the original, but TS2 was good, so I am expecting that TS3 will be as well!

jennbunn
03-17-2010, 08:04 PM
toy story 3
cars 2 : )

princess-lola
03-18-2010, 10:21 AM
Oceans, Toy Story 3, Tangled, Pirates of the Caribbean 4: On Stranger Tides, Bear and the Bow, King of the Elves, & Snow Queen. popcorn::

joannalh
03-18-2010, 09:25 PM
Haven't heard of Tangled either, interesting!

I am VERY excited about TS3. My son is in love with TS so I can't wait for us all to go.

Sgt Mickey
03-19-2010, 07:38 AM
Toy Story 3:cool1:

charming23
03-19-2010, 11:58 AM
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides and Toy Story 3

Kumquatmelon
03-20-2010, 11:31 AM
Toy Story 3 and TRONN!!!!!

I can't wait until my Disney Tron shirt comes in the mail!!!!!!

j&j620
03-21-2010, 08:15 AM
Oceans, Toy Story 3, Tangled, Pirates of the Caribbean 4: On Stranger Tides, Bear and the Bow, King of the Elves, & Snow Queen. popcorn::

I thought this project was scrapped a few years ago...? :confused3 Any details?

JennyMP03
03-21-2010, 04:04 PM
I am dying for Toy Story 3. The first two movies are amazing, and it took my breath away to see college-aged Andy in the first teaser for the movie.

I'm 25 now, but I was quite young when I saw the first Toy Story in theaters. I can't believe how many years ago that was. I feel like Andy has grown up with me (or vice versa). A friend my age and I were discussing it and the thought had both of us rather emotional (and he's a guy! :laughing: ). I have a theory about how it might end, and if it does end the way I am thinking, well... tears will be shed on my part, I assure you!

Oh Pixar, how I love thee. :lovestruc

leslie@dvcstore
03-23-2010, 07:10 PM
i am looking forward to the next pirates of the caribbean movie although disappointed orlando blume is not returning

the horned king
04-05-2010, 08:41 PM
Tron Legacy and Toy Story 3!

softball chick
04-11-2010, 12:38 PM
TOY STORY 3!!! I totally grew up with the toy story movies and loved them so I'm so excited to be able to see what happens next!

dancer067
04-11-2010, 01:38 PM
Toy Story 3 :]

LittleMissMusical
04-11-2010, 02:38 PM
Yes, they are filming the 4th Pirate movie as I type this! Now, THAT is a movie that I won't miss at all! We love the Pirate movies and IMHO, Noone on this planet could have played Capt Jack better than Johnny Depp! He is AMAZING in this role and I am so glad they decided to go on with the 4th. They had said that there was a script for it but were unsure if they would make it or just end the movies with the 3rd, so when they announced that they were already filming the 4th I jumped out of my chair!

yea but orlando and kira where cut!!!!!!!

toy story 3
cars 2 : )
cars 2?

i had never heard of those or sorcerers apprentice till reading this thread... anyone care to elaborate????

i am sososososososo excited for ts3. growing up jessie was my favorite disney character. i even had the pull string jessie doll(i wrote my name in sharpie on the bottom of her foot like andy did to woody!). tangled looks really good too! i remember hearing in '06 that it was in the works... it was originally slated for '08!!!! well disney missed that deadline!

Ppufi
04-11-2010, 07:44 PM
I'm excited about the Maleficent movie coming up. I'm pretty sure it's not a rumor anymore, but I can't be sure.

LittleMissMusical
04-11-2010, 07:58 PM
I'm excited about the Maleficent movie coming up. I'm pretty sure it's not a rumor anymore, but I can't be sure.
they are in talks with angie jolie... there was a piece in people about it!

princess-lola
04-12-2010, 01:19 AM
Seem like a lot of people what to know more about some of the movies I wrote about. I have to say I find most my movie info on Wikipedia so I hope it's credible on this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Disney_feature_films I go to the bottom of the page and look at the "future relases". Also I have been hearing about an Enchanted sequal all over the place.

Feline Princess
04-12-2010, 09:31 PM
Toy Story 3! When I was a little kid, the first Toy Story was good, but still held a back seat to Lion King, B&tB, Aladdin, etc, but Toy Story 2 was (and still is) one of my favorite movies. Jessie was my favorite Pixar character for years and I carried the doll around everywhere. What's more, with the release of Toy Story 3...there are some eerie parallels. I am also going off to college this fall, and trying to cope with leaving my carefree childhood behind, and clinging to my old toys and such. Needless to say, this movie is going to have me in tears, I just know it. Especially considering Pixar has been putting more and more tearjerker material in their films over the years.

Then there's Rapunzel/Tangled. I'm a big fan of the modern Princess movies from Disney, and I've heard this is supposed to be just as good as the others. And although I prefer 2D for fairytale films, the oil painting look I've heard about sounds beautiful!
(Plus, Alan Menkin!:woohoo:)

PotC has me both worried an excited. 3 wasn't quite as strong as I think it could have been, and franchises tend to do poorly in a 4th installment, but I'm hoping for the best. I have so many fond memories attached to the pirates fandom and its movies!

And if they ever manage to make Snow Queen (it got shelved again :( ), I definitely want to see that. I love that story, and a Disney Version would be awesome.

Pil
06-05-2010, 07:18 AM
How come we saw sequels (several in some cases) for classics like Cinderella, Jungle Book, Peter Pan etc but we've never had sequels for Snow White, Sleeping Beauty etc ?? How do we all feel about sequels 50 years after an original classic ?

Pyrate_Pryncess
06-05-2010, 07:39 AM
How come we saw sequels (several in some cases) for classics like Cinderella, Jungle Book, Peter Pan etc but we've never had sequels for Snow White, Sleeping Beauty etc ?? How do we all feel about sequels 50 years after an original classic ?

I am actually excited to see these! To me the originals are a bit dated and there are some kids who just cant get into them. The animation was grainy! I know that neither of my kids will sit through any of the older movies. They just dont hold their attention! They are 8 and 4. I am excited to see what Tim Burton brings to the table with the remakes he is doing and I am excited to see the new fresh look of the movies! Worse case senario~noone likes the new ones and the originals are still intact! No harm no foul!

I havent heard that they are going to be sequel type movies....I heard they are flat out remakes.

Amber Leigh
06-05-2010, 04:43 PM
"Tangled" cus I'm totally a princess movie kind of girl and while I look forward to "Toy Story 3" and such, more so for "Tangled."

MOST of all though oh I am REALLLLLLY waiting with anticipation for "Brave" (formally known as the "Bear and the Bow"... what is up with all the name changes on their movies) But that a long ways off. Yet it is like my ideal plot line for a princess movie. I mean... a highland warrior princess. That girl is gonna kick booty

aikenjhon
06-06-2010, 11:04 AM
toy story 3

EpicDisneyFreak
06-08-2010, 05:23 AM
Well, I hadn't heard about it before, but now I'm excited about Tangled! :)

swhitson
06-09-2010, 09:06 AM
I'm pretty excited about the release of Alice in Wonderland on DVD. Love to be able to show my kids some of the best scenes (Futterwacken dance, Alice in the Teapot) without having them sit for the whole movie (still a bit too young, at 7 and 4).

Super excited for some of the Disney Channel Original Movies that are coming out this summer--especially 16 Wishes and Camp Rock. I've got some serious Disney fans in my house and their excitement over counting down the days until the new releases is so fun to watch!

swhitson
06-15-2010, 11:04 AM
The countdown for Toy Story 3 is well underway--we can't wait.

Our best thing right now, though, is Alice in Wonderland on DVD. Lots of creative Futterwacken-ing going on!

buskr
06-29-2010, 01:07 AM
very good and interesting story:happytv:

santadog
06-30-2010, 10:56 PM
I am looking forward to James and the Giant Peach hitting Blu-ray (as well as Toy Story 3, Beauty and the Beast and Finding Nemo).

For theaters: Toy Story 3 was top of the list. I'll probably go see it again shortly. I am also looking forward to Tron Legacy and Tangled.