PDA

View Full Version : Sci Fi Fun

Cecil
03-10-2010, 11:37 PM
On two seperate trips to disneyworld in the last 4 years one of our favorite dining experiences has been Sci Fi Theatre in MGM Studios. Cool atmosphere and great food....very fun! Sci Fi takes you back to those Saturday afternoon "Creature Features" with great diner food. Sitting in a 50's convertible only adds to the experience. For the younger kids, they get the experience of a "drive in". A don't miss dining experience!:banana:

PrincessPaczki
03-11-2010, 08:19 AM
Hi!:) There has been so much possitive reviews for SF that we have to try it this year. :goodvibes The pictures I have seen of the food and milkshakes look delicious.:thumbsup2

briankflanigan
03-11-2010, 04:44 PM
I agree that the atmosphere is outstanding but I thought the milkshakes left something to be desired. Everyone in our group Mom, Dad, kids; 6, 9, and 12 loved sitting in the convertible and the food wasn't too bad.

JoePa4Ever
03-11-2010, 04:54 PM
We're so glad we tried Sci Fi for lunch last year - great atmosphere/very fun and we had good sandwiches - we booked lunch there again for this Sept & look forward to going back.

2minny
03-11-2010, 05:04 PM
We always love Sci Fi, such a unique experience and we enjoy the burgers. This time I'm trying the Blue salad (can't remember exact name)

pauly's girl
03-11-2010, 09:59 PM
Love, love, love the Sci~Fi we are going in Sept for our 4th trip and will be doing a lunch at the sci~fi...it's a must do for our family!!

tortoni
03-11-2010, 10:09 PM
We love Sci Fi too for atmosphere. I agree with Op that the milkshakes are so so, but some on these boards love them!

Disney owl
03-12-2010, 01:28 PM
glad to see a good review, thanks

weswife
03-12-2010, 05:37 PM
After reading all of the positive posts, I made a resv. for our trip! We are going in April!!! :thumbsup2

Would anyone know if they have car for someone in a wheelchair?

SueM in MN
03-12-2010, 09:40 PM
After reading all of the positive posts, I made a resv. for our trip! We are going in April!!! :thumbsup2

Would anyone know if they have car for someone in a wheelchair?
They have cars like this:
http://allears.net/din/scifi3.jpg

and, if you can transfer, you can move to one of the car seats:
http://allears.net/din/scifi6.jpg

weswife
03-13-2010, 08:51 AM
Thanks again!!!!!! Sue your pics. are a wonderful help!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup2

disneyfav4ever
03-13-2010, 11:36 AM
I just decided yesterday to add it to my trip this falll. I am really looking foward to having a burger and shake there.

mkleinbe
03-13-2010, 04:50 PM
We LOVE Sci Fi!!! :banana::thumbsup2:lovestruc

Lidian
03-16-2010, 03:21 PM
DH refused to get involved with planning, but did have two dining preferences. One was Sci Fi. So we're booked for dinner there on 4/28.

Question ... Since it appears that a family of four will be seated by 2s, does it make it difficult to have a family meal? Even if so, its just one meal, which isn't a big deal. ^.^

We're excited either way - was mostly just curious. Thanks!

Luvmepluto
03-18-2010, 08:09 PM
Their milkshake is suppose to be the RAVE!:woohoo::woohoo:

All the years that I have gone....Sept. 13, 2010 for dinner will be my first Sci-Fi visit. My DD is so excited. She thinks it is the coolest!!! :cool2:

KarBear
03-18-2010, 10:05 PM
I have read a lot of complaints about the food here, but we LOVED it!:cool1:

evilqueenmindy
03-19-2010, 09:14 AM
DH refused to get involved with planning, but did have two dining preferences. One was Sci Fi. So we're booked for dinner there on 4/28.

Question ... Since it appears that a family of four will be seated by 2s, does it make it difficult to have a family meal? Even if so, its just one meal, which isn't a big deal. ^.^

We're excited either way - was mostly just curious. Thanks!The seating is definitely not conducive to conversation, but you can still interact pretty well, and the screen is the main attraction. We made the mistake of ordering the chips & spinach dip, which was really not easy to share with people in the front seat (But perhaps it served them right for TAKING the front seat.) But it is a blast, the overall experience is really fun.

Luvmepluto
03-19-2010, 09:20 AM
We are so excited!

I bet it would be hard to split appetizers. I didn't think about that. :) So, a question? The actually don't show a movie, correct? It's just clips?

evilqueenmindy
03-19-2010, 09:44 AM
We are so excited!

I bet it would be hard to split appetizers. I didn't think about that. :) So, a question? The actually don't show a movie, correct? It's just clips?No, it's just creature feature clips and such. If you are sharing an appetizer, just stick to onion rings (We were laughing about it for most of the meal,and you can pass the plate forward and back, but this leads to "STOP HOGGING THE DIP" amongst four very mature adults)

SlippinFalls
03-19-2010, 09:55 AM
Can't go wrong with the burgers here! I thought the milkshakes were great, but I don't eat them too often so any milkshake is great to me!

It is hard to talk to others in your party when they are in front/behind you, but just relax and enjoy the movie screen!

Luvmepluto
03-19-2010, 10:10 AM
Then, onion rings it is!!!

It sounds great! I will probably order a burger and a milkshake. I don't have either of those often. :banana: I will have to go on a diet when I get back that week. All I do is eat when I am at the "World".;)popcorn::popcorn::

hurdlertwin
04-04-2010, 09:32 PM
I'm glad some people have had some positive experiences at the Sci-Fi theatre.. but I had the complete opposite. We waited 45 minutes after our reservation time had passed before we got our food. Our waiter was not very good, came to our table only once when he didn't have to bring our food or our check. Our food was dry, chips broken, food was bland.. and they even burned Tofu.. overall our group (12 of us total) gave it a D rating.

P.S. we were with the author of a dining review book of WDW restaurants so if he said it was one of the worst experiences he's had then that's gotta say something

WAHMto5
04-04-2010, 09:35 PM
We also go to Sci-fi every trip and really enjoy it, like nothing else out there:)

Sugar Jones
04-06-2010, 08:28 AM
We have a ressie there on September 23rd. I showed the boys your pictures and they are soo excited!!!:cheer2:

GGGhosts
04-07-2010, 01:17 PM
Can you get burgers for dinner? Don't see them listed on allears menus!

floridascgirl
04-07-2010, 06:14 PM
How does a family of 3 sit in a car? Does one member have to sit alone or can 3 sit comfortably together...my DH has very broad shoulders? :confused3

mkleinbe
04-07-2010, 07:20 PM
I highly recommend the hot fudge sundae for dessert. We got cokes with our meal and LOVED the sundaes for dessert. :thumbsup2

MinnieMouseLove
04-07-2010, 07:59 PM
We went there and it was awesome. Unfortunately I didn't know about these legendary sundaes and shakes. Guess We have to go back!!

Imagummybear
04-12-2010, 10:11 PM
Just recently my clasa and I all went and ate at the Sci Fi and we all decided and had everyone order something diffrent. We were only satisfied with the Burger and the Shakes...Also, our service was not very goood...The postives though is that it is really neat to sit in a car and eat and watch movies.....maybe we just had a bad experience but we were only satisfied with the burger.

KY*Figment
04-17-2010, 11:52 PM
Growing up I didn't have cable and I'm really not THAT old. We lived so far out into to the country we had a big antenna that you could climb it to get on the roof. It was also a lightening rod (Grandparents house burned because of it along w/ ours). Anyway, we watched re-runs that my parents watched as the orginals. So, going here is like a blast from the past. My kids like sitting in the car and they love anything that comes on a big screen. The food reminds me of Applebees. We have always had a great experience there. One of my friends went w/ her family and she hated it. She didn't like sitting in the cars and wanted to sit more as a family even though I told her they could she didn't bother to ask. They thought the food was over priced of course I said DUG it's Disney.

r&kmommy
04-20-2010, 04:35 PM
Atmosphere is awesome, the food choices (and food itself) leaves a LOT to be desired... the shakes are delish though!!!

MyVirtueAidan
04-21-2010, 12:28 AM
We'll be having lunch here soon! With the mixed reviews I feel I had to find out for myself! But Im not a Picky Eater so Im sure everything will be great!!!

Coopers2006
05-03-2010, 02:10 PM
I'm thinking of ordering this off the menu, since we will be eating burgers at other places. Has anyone had it and is it good?

anorman
05-12-2010, 10:03 AM
Does anyone know if the milkshakes are included as a beverage on the Dining Plan? I hear they have great milkshakes and it would be wonderful if they were already paid for....if not I'm getting one anyway!

plutospal
09-14-2010, 09:43 PM
just got back from wdw and had lunch at the Sci Fi. Split the ruben sandwich and a shake. It was very good. This was our first time there and was pleasently surprised at how good it was. Would go back again.

crazedprincess
09-14-2010, 11:38 PM
I'm so excited to check it out! We're going end of January and this was one of dh's requests. :cool1:

To those that complain about the milkshakes... what's wrong with them? I'm kinda picky when it comes to something like this... I wouldn't want something that was really "milky", I would want something thick and really chocolatey, like a malt.

dzneelvr
09-15-2010, 07:03 PM
Agree 100%! we've been going there for over a decade since the first trip when DS and DD were small...in July they were 22 and 20 yet still requested SciFI for a meal:thumbsup2Think of it as a drive-in movie, not a 5-star eatery and you'll be amazed...it's the atmosphere! The film clips have been updated and isn't it a trip down memory lane for those of us who had our childhood in the 60's :hug:Truly a magical experience and one that only disney could have thought up:worship: