PDA

View Full Version : Two Vegans, Too Much Food - Including D23 Party! (March 3 -6)

v_gan
03-07-2010, 01:52 PM
In the first week of January, I found out that the Disney Store that I work at (and have been shopping at for nearly 22 years) is going to be closing in April. :sad2: I had also just been told that I was getting to stay after the holidays, and would be able to use my discount for WDW vacations. So, obviously, this situation really sucked. Especially since me and my boyfriend had already had a trip planned in May, couldn't change our dates, and I wouldn't be able to use my discount then. :rolleyes:

So, when I found out about the D23 First Anniversary Party, I used it as an excuse for a quick trip so that I could use my discount at least one good time before the store closed.

Before I go any further, I would just like to say that the dining plan, under any other circumstances, wouldn't be worth it for us. For the meals me and my boyfriend plan on eating in May, we would pay less out of pocket since we wouldn't eat TS every day, never order dessert, and almost always order water. Sometimes we even share an entree. So we're cheap.

But when one of my co-cast members mentioned that I could get the dining plan half off :worship:, I figured this was the best possible time to try it out. So we only ended up paying about $25.99 per person, per day for the regular dining plan. Right around $80 per person for our whole trip. Well, well worth it this time around!

This trip included me, my sister, and my mom. My mom planned on staying at the resort the whole trip (something I honestly wish I could have done, as you'll read later), so, since I found out the dining plan credits are pooled together for everyone on your reservation, my mom used most of the counter service credits, while me and my sister used most of the table service credits.

I'll start out by saying that two days before our trip, I started getting sick. It developed very quickly, and my worst two days were spent at the theme parks. So, in between chest pains, breathing in cold air, shortness of breath, aches and pains, blowing my nose, and coughing up mucus, I tried to enjoy our super cheap and wonderful meals. Oh, and not to mention it was FREEZING and WINDY the full four days we were there (barely got up to 60 during the hottest part of the day - but it didn't feel like it because of the wind). Just those four days, though. Temperatures jumped up into the mid-upper 70s the day we left.

Needless to say, this was probably the worst Disney trip/vacation I've ever had. It was just miserable.

But the food was good. So, from now on, we'll focus on that. :goodvibes

Sorry for all the depressing background information :lmao: I'll get on with the show now!

v_gan
03-07-2010, 02:01 PM
I got very lucky with our ADRs, considering I made them about three weeks out. Here's where we ended up eating:

Wednesday, March 3
Boma

Thursday, March 4
Mama Melrose's
'Ohana

Friday, March 5
Crystal Palace
Diamond Horeshore Saloon (D23 party)

Saturday, March 6
Old Port Royale breakfast
Old Port Royale lunch

I do want to mention that, while the Dining Plan wouldn't be worth it for us on a normal trip, I really did enjoy the system. I enjoyed not having to scramble for cash and a tip at the end of every TS meal. (And by that I don't mean I didn't leave a tip! I just mean it was just less trouble. haha.) It was just very simple and easy. I wish they did custom dining plans. Then I might consider it again. :lmao:

v_gan
03-07-2010, 02:36 PM
I honestly don't even want to go into any details about the trip before dinner. We left home 50 minutes later than scheduled. We had a horrible check-in at Caribbean Beach (lasted 30 minutes - not counting waiting in line), were horribly late and rushed, and checked in at the podium one minute before our ADR. Luckily, it wasn't crowded and we were sat almost immediately.

We were seated in that little semi-enclosed, rounded area that's right across from the fruit and salad greens:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP1-7.jpg

My view from where my chair was facing:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP1-5.jpg

Suprisingly, I had both the same server (Gilberto) and the same chef (Lance) as I did the last time I visited. Blast from the past. :wizard:

Just like last time, Lance showed me and (instead of my boyfriend) my sister around the buffet, naming off nearly the exact same list of items as last time. He did, however, leave off the mealie bread that he said I could have on our last trip. So I'm thinking he was a bit mistaken that night :sad1:

Since everything was mostly the same, I'm going to leave off the buffet pictures this time around. And since my sister got all the same food I did, I'm just going to post pictures of my plates.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP1-1.jpg
Plate #1: Falafel, Tofu and Green Bean Curry, Geelry's Rice, Kokonut Rice with Sauteed Vegetables, Cous Cous Marakesh.

Everything was SO much better than last time, except for the Cous Cous Marakesh. I guess maybe I ate it so much last time, I didn't like it as much this time around? I don't know, but I enjoyed everything else much more, even though it was still good the last time.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP1-2.jpg
Plate #2: Tunisian Cous Cous Salad, Geelry's Rice, Cous Cous Marakesh, Tofu and Green Bean Curry, Pasta with Marinara Sauce, topped with Falafal Balls instead of meatballs :goodvibes

The Tunisian Cous Cous salad was a lot better than last time, too. I wish I hadn't put my falafel balls on top of the marinara, because EW. I just wiped it off. haha. The marinara tasted like a jarred variety. It was on the kid's buffet section, so it probably was from a jar. Oh well.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP1-3.jpg
Plate #3: More Tunisian Cous Cous salad, more Kokonut Rice with Vegetables, salad greens, and Mango Vinegarette.

Ohhh my gosh, that vinegarette was nasty. I don't remember why, but it was just gross. I wish I had gotten the cilantro kind. But I didn't want any more after that.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP1-4.jpg
Plate #4: Strawberries, grapes, cantelope, pineapple, watermelon.

Those strawberries were heavenly.

After everything was consumed and we were just about ready to go, my sister made me ask for some ice cream. I didn't want any ice cream, but I did it anyway.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP1-6.jpg
Chocolate Tofutti with yummy, fresh, mixed berries.

Overall, the meal was great. My mom didn't try anything new, as usual. She went for what she knew she would like and didn't have any comments on anything. Our server was better this time (even though it was the same guy), and the chef was still very nice and made sure everything was ok after the meal. He even asked for suggestions for improving the vegan selections. I didn't have any, but it was nice of him to ask. I should have told him to make some vegan mealie bread, though :laughing:

Coming Up: Mama Melrose's!

Vegcentric
03-07-2010, 03:22 PM
Oh yay, you're back!
I always love reading your reviews. My husband and I visited Boma in November and we loved it, since you can have a really enormous meat-free meal there. I didn't know they had tofutti ice cream :( I'm vegetarian, my husband is pescetarian but oh man I would have loved some tofutti instead of the desserts they have out. They are just way too dense for me (and some of them have gelatin in them).

I'm excited to read your other reviews, yayyyy!

lilpnutmama
03-07-2010, 06:05 PM
I am so sorry you were sick and the weather sucked :( that is too bad. I will be looking forward to reading your reviews.
I hope one day far in the future my girls and I will be doing a sisters-and-mom trip. :)

Plasticletters
03-07-2010, 06:15 PM
Alright! Bummer about the store, but at least I get to see your review sooner than expected :)

ehartman4
03-07-2010, 06:15 PM
What a bummer about you being sick! I hope the food at least cheered you up.
Boma looks delicious! Can't wait to see what else you ate :)

v_gan
03-07-2010, 11:17 PM
Oh yay, you're back!
I always love reading your reviews. My husband and I visited Boma in November and we loved it, since you can have a really enormous meat-free meal there. I didn't know they had tofutti ice cream :( I'm vegetarian, my husband is pescetarian but oh man I would have loved some tofutti instead of the desserts they have out. They are just way too dense for me (and some of them have gelatin in them).

I'm excited to read your other reviews, yayyyy!

Thank you! I'm excited to post new reviews!

I'm not a big dessert person, myself. I would much rather eat a lot of savory food than save room for dessert! :upsidedow

I am so sorry you were sick and the weather sucked :( that is too bad. I will be looking forward to reading your reviews.
I hope one day far in the future my girls and I will be doing a sisters-and-mom trip. :)

Yeah, it really wasn't a good trip at all. (And that's hard for me to admit, since I can't imagine any trip to Disney being bad.) I wish I could have moved our dates as soon as I got sick, but since I couldn't really move the D23 party I already had non-refundable tickets for, I couldn't exactly do that. :laughing:

Meeting Gaston at the D23 party was almost the only good part about the whole four days. And, believe me, it was a very, very good part! I love Gaston. Ironic, I suppose, since he uses antlers in all of his decorating :rolleyes1 (My what a guy, that Gaston!)

Alright! Bummer about the store, but at least I get to see your review sooner than expected :)

Haha, I guess that is a plus side! By the way - we did get Chef TJ this time around! It was awesome, and very similar to your experience except for dessert. I can't wait to get to those reviews!

What a bummer about you being sick! I hope the food at least cheered you up.
Boma looks delicious! Can't wait to see what else you ate :)

Oh, the food definitely cheered me up! :goodvibes Sitting down to eat was the best part of my day, every day. Warm restaurants, comforting food, no cold wind.. :laughing:

v_gan
03-07-2010, 11:50 PM
Today was the day I wanted to relax at the resort, do fun stuff I never get to do when all we do is go to the parks, and just get to enjoy the resort for once. But my sister had to see Fantasmic. So we spent the whole day at DHS.

Had to go to the concierge at Caribbean Beach to add tickets to our cards that morning - Again, it took forever. But I'm going to partly blame this on the VISA gift cards we were trying to use, even though it shouldn't have been as much trouble as they made it out to be. I process them all the time at The Disney Store. You'd think a WDW resort would have a little more experience dealing with different kinds of payments. :confused3

But, anyway.. We somehow made it for rope drop. Rode Toy Story Mania, got FPs for later, rode Tower of Terror, Great Movie Ride, Star Tours, saw Muppets, got FPs for Rockin' Roller Coaster and rode that right before deciding where to eat.

I had had enough of both Sci-Fi and 50s Prime Time by this trip, so I didn't want to eat there again. I originally wanted to eat at The Wave, but I was just feeling too horrible to do any more driving and traveling than I had to. So we stayed in the park.

I had an ADR for Mama Melrose's for mine and my boyfriend's trip in May, but I cancelled it because he didn't want to eat a lot of TS on that trip. I still wanted to eat there, so I tried a walk-up on this trip.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP2-1.jpg

I asked at the podium how long of a wait we would have without reservations, and if there was anything available for vegans. The super nice girl said the wait would be about 20 minutes, and that they could send a chef to us to explain what we could have. Sounded good to me!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP2-4.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP2-3.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP2-2.jpg

We were seated in a little section closer to the backside of the restaurant:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP2-6.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP2-5.jpg

This is what the ticket said when we sat down: "Approx. 20, vegan, female, Mickey hoodie" :laughing: I guess that narrows it down!

Our server was very nice, and upon learning that we were vegan and after taking our drink orders, went to get us a chef. We admired the decor while we waited..

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP2-11.jpg

I want the pizza sunshine!

The chef, whose name I can't recall, came to our table and proceeded to name a few things he could make for us. He first mentioned a pasta dish with vegetables and an olive oil/garlic sauce. That sounded awesome to me. He then asked if there was anything on the menu that we had our heart set on. I asked about the pizza, and he mentioned that they had a dairy-free cheese :scared1: and an allergy-free crust. I started freaking out, and said that would be awesome. I had heard they had Follow Your Heart mozzerella at the parks, but I had never been offered any. I told him I would love some pizza, and that he could put whatever he wanted on it, since I like all vegetables.

So we decided on the pasta he had mentioned, and the pizza. We were going to split the two entrees so that we could both try them.

But first we were brought out our bread:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP2-7.jpg

I don't know if this is the same kind everyone else gets, but this is what we got. It's those yummy little baguettes that I like to get at home, because they're awesome. They were served with olive oil and cracked black pepper.

After a short while, our entrees were brought out:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP2-10.jpg
This is the pasta dish he mentioned. I'm not sure about the name of that type of pasta.. But it had the pasta, the olive oil/garlic sauce, basil, green peas, red peppers, artichokes, onions, and a few other random vegetables.

My sister took one bite and said she felt sick. But that's just because she's a picky baby when it comes to food people make for her. :sad2: I, however, thought it was very tasty. I liked all the vegetables, and the garlic helped with my sickness. The olive oil was a little strong, though. Could have toned that down a bit. But, overall, I thought it was great.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP2-9.jpg
Pizzas! These had tomato sauce, the dairy-free mozzerella (which I assume was Follow Your Heart brand), onions, red and green bell peppers, and amazingly awesome slices of tomato.

The tomato sauce on these was AMAZING.:lovestruc I don't know what made it so good, but it was thick and savory and I loved it. I honestly would have loved the pizza without any cheese substitute at all, and I think I would ask for it that way the next time, because I would want that tomato sauce to be the star. Gosh, it was good.

I really enjoyed both of the entrees, and ended up up having to eat the majority of both since my sister only took about 3 or 4 bites of the pasta and had two slices of pizza.

After our meal, my sister made me ask for ice cream again. I didn't want any.. again. But I asked for it anyway. This time we got vanilla Tofutti:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP2-12.jpg

Considering we gave no advance notice, I give Mama Melrose's two, big, vegan thumbs up for accomodating special diets. I'm really glad I decided to eat here on this trip, and I would definitely go back again.

Coming Up: 'Ohana with the amazing Chef TJ!

ehartman4
03-08-2010, 08:55 AM
Holy crap, Mama Melrose's is soooo awesome! It's great that they had dairy free cheese for you.

disney_princess_85
03-08-2010, 09:59 AM
Your reviews are great, looking forward to more! I'm glad you received such good service at Mama Melrose's. :thumbsup2

Vegcentric
03-08-2010, 12:06 PM
My husband will flip when he finds out there is vegan cheese at Mama Melrose'. He loves pizza, hates dairy. Me, I'm not a huge pizza fan (and I'm Italian) but I am going to definitely remember that they have vegan cheese.

That pasta dish you had looks so fresh and clean. That is usually what I am in the mood for, for lunch on a daily basis. Definitely looks good!

dpndka
03-09-2010, 10:04 AM
Thanks V_GAN! Looks great so far!

And, so sorry to hear about your store closing.

v_gan
03-15-2010, 02:52 PM
Holy crap, Mama Melrose's is soooo awesome! It's great that they had dairy free cheese for you.

I know! I was so glad we tried it that day. I was amazed at what they did with no advance notice.

Your reviews are great, looking forward to more! I'm glad you received such good service at Mama Melrose's. :thumbsup2

Thank you! I'm about to post my 'Ohana review :goodvibes

My husband will flip when he finds out there is vegan cheese at Mama Melrose'. He loves pizza, hates dairy. Me, I'm not a huge pizza fan (and I'm Italian) but I am going to definitely remember that they have vegan cheese.

That pasta dish you had looks so fresh and clean. That is usually what I am in the mood for, for lunch on a daily basis. Definitely looks good!

I flipped when I found out! I had read that they had Follow Your Heart cheese on site, but I never encountered any. I was so excited when I found it!

If the pasta hadn't been so heavy on the olive oil, it would have been fantastic. But it was great anyway, with all the veggies!

Thanks V_GAN! Looks great so far!

And, so sorry to hear about your store closing.

Thank you. We've all had a little time to adjust since we found out, but with April getting closer and closer, it's like the end is now in sight :sad1:

aprilisis
03-15-2010, 02:59 PM
I'm SO glad I found your dining review! I had no idea I could get tofutti or vegan cheese anywhere in WDW. :woohoo: I will definitely be asking for that stuff next time I'm there!

v_gan
03-15-2010, 03:10 PM
Before I go on, I want to mention that I followed in the steps of ehartman4 and Plasticletters by calling the Special Dietary Request Line (407-824-5967) and leaving a message with all my information. Within the hour, I recieved an e-mail containing a message along with three different documents. One was a Guest Allergy-Dietary Request Form, which I was asked to fill out and send back.

The other was a Food Allergy/Dietary Reference sheet which contained allergy information about most of the regularly used items in the park (breads, condiments, baking mixes, snacks, etc.) It also had a section on where to find specialty items like Tofutti ice cream, Divvies cookies, and a section about what items are available to guests with allergies or special dietary needs (Earth Balance margarine, Follow Your Heart cheese, Ener-G foods, etc.)

The last document was basically a letter to those with special dietary needs about how to go about talking to the chefs and how to make reservations and whatnot, along with suggested counter service restaurants for each park.

After I sent in my Dietary Request Form, I recieved another e-mail stating that they had notified the locations I had mentioned and that they would be expecting me, and also a reminder to talk to a chef upon arriving.

Like ehartman4 and Plasticletters, I don't know how well this worked, as it was never mentioned when we arrived for our ADRs. But I guess it's worth a try whenever you go. It could have been the reason we had such good service, but I don't really know.

Now onto 'Ohana! :thumbsup2

v_gan
03-17-2010, 09:38 PM
After lunch, me and my sister did a little shopping, stopped for a few minutes during Block Party Bash, and then headed to the car so that I could take some medicine for my horrible sickness. When we made it back into the park, we rode Star Tours again and then met Sulley and all the guys from Up!. Then it was time to try to cram ourselves into the Fantasmic theater.

Just another slap in the face on this trip: The only reason I like going to Fantasmic is so I can see Megara. So, of course, she went to the other side of the boat when it sailed in front of us and I didn't get to see her :sad2:

But anyway.. After that, we rode Tower of Terror with our two remaining Fastpasses for the day, rushed with our last-minute shopping, and then we had to high-tail it out of there to make our 'Ohana reservations. We were three minutes late, but that's a lot better than I was thinking it was going to be the whole way there.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP2-13.jpg

Once we arrived, I made sure to ask if Chef TJ was working that night, since we were going to find somewhere else to eat if he wasn't there. But he was! I breathed a sigh of relief, and sat down to wait for our table.

I would have been much more excited had I not been so sick and tired and miserable. But I was still really looking forward to everything after months of looking at and reading about everyone else's Chef TJ experiences.

We were seated within about 10-15 minutes, near the front left-hand side of the main window. Our server's name was Roy, and he noticed our ticket and let us know that as soon as he found Chef TJ, he would bring him over to talk to us. In the meantime, he took our drink orders. My sister had water, and I had the Pomegranate Lemonade:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP2-14.jpg

Ugh, this was so good. I probably went through 3 or 4 glasses.

After about five or ten minutes, our server came back with Chef TJ. He asked about our "allergies", and I told him that we didn't actually have any and that we were both vegan, but that the lady on the phone wouldn't note that on our reservations, like I had had done on our previous trip. He said that was fine, and asked if we ate honey. I said no, and he said that was great and told us that we were going to have a 7 (or was it 8?) course vegan meal, and I told him I was really excited :goodvibes

Within five minutes, our first course arrived:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP2-16.jpg
Baba ganoush and red pepper hummus with pita chips. Ohhh, that hummus was good! I had never had baba ganoush before this, so it was really new to me. I liked it, it was just different. I really liked getting a little bit of each onto a chip. That made everything a thousand times more awesome than it already was. But the hummus was definitely my favorite.

Ten minutes later, our salad arrived:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP2-17.jpg
Chef TJ explained to us what all was in the salad - I remember salad greens, red onion, carrots, some kind of nuts, and pears. It was all wrapped in this amazing seaweed wrap and tossed in some kind of sweet and tangy vinegarette.

He mentioned that we could either pick it up like a wrap and eat it, or put it on a plate. I tried picking it up at first, but everything just started falling out. So I layed it all on a plate.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP2-18.jpg
Absolutely, 100%, the best salad I've ever had. I don't know what else to say about it. It was fantastic. Salads are usually pretty "blah" to me, but this.. :worship: Perfect.

Another ten minutes, and our sides were brought out:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP2-19.jpg
Peanut noodles. Same as last time, if not slightly better.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP2-20.jpg
Broccoli and sugar snap peas. The broccoli was good, the peas were a little too crisp (undercooked?) for me, but they were fine.

Yet another ten minutes, and this was brought out:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP2-21.jpg
At first it was just bowls filled with peanuts and watercress, along with a wedge of lime. Then Chef TJ pulled out a steaming pitcher filled with a ginger and coriander broth/soup and poured it over the top. Then he placed the skewer of fried tomatoes on top, all while explaining what everything was.

OMG. This soup was HEAVENLY. :lovestruc With me being sick, I couldn't have asked for anything more perfect. It did wonders for my congestion, and it tasted amazing. It was definitely spicy (which I like!), and I probably could have done with less peanuts and more watercress. But the broth itself was just perfect. The tomatoes were nicely seasoned, but they weren't anything out-of-this-world. Just nicely seasoned tomatoes.

This is when our courses began spacing out a little more. It was about 15 minutes until our next course arrived. Fine with me: more time to digest!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP2-23.jpg
This is bok choy with sauteed mushrooms and potatoes, with a pomegranate sauce. Mm, that sauce was good. I loved the mushrooms and potatoes, but wasn't a big fan of the bok choy. Don't get me wrong, it was good. I just had to pick and choose at that point what I could fit inside my stomach. And the mushrooms and potatoes ruled out the bok choy.

It was nearly 20 minutes until our main course arrived. That's right - the biggest course hadn't even arrived yet! Look at all that food!

During this time, the restaurant really started to empty out. It was just us and a few scattered tables of large groups, who had finished eating, but were still socializing.

I was hoping with everything in me that I would be able to consume plenty of the entree, but I was really feeling full at this point. So when Chef TJ brought this out, I was terrified:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP2-24.jpg
LOOK AT HOW MUCH FOOD THAT IS. I decided to suck it up, because this was too beautiful to ignore.

This is tempura vegetables (asparagus and broccoli rabe), fried and marinated tofu, and a ton of hidden vegetables under a tall stack of rice noodles with an amazingly savory sauce. Chef TJ explained that instead of regular tempura batter, made with eggs, he used a Hawaiian beer to make the batter rise. And, let me tell you, that is the best fried batter I have ever consumed. I don't know how to describe it. It was just phenomenal. I didn't even realize we had the vegetables until I was about to pop, but I found room for a few bites:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP2-26.jpg
Look at all the pretty colors! There was onions, peppers, broccoli, purple cabbage.. just all kinds of stuff. It was so good.

Chef TJ told us that it was ok if we didn't finish the entree, as we would be able to take it with us when we left. I thanked him, and he asked our server to bring out two to-go boxes.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP2-27.jpg
You can see the pitcher the soup was brought in on the left.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP2-28.jpg

By this time, I had already forgotten about dessert. And when Chef TJ came back to check on us and mentioned that it might be a while for dessert, my stomach started to protest: "There's no more room! Leave now!"

Needless to say, I ingored it's requests.

And I'm so glad I did.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP2-29.jpg
CHECK. THIS. OUT.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP2-30.jpg
This is a frozen pina colada mix, which Chef TJ explained is what they use at the bar - but it is made with coconut milk and is completely vegan. On top is frozen mint leaves and frozen crumbled chocolate chip Divvies cookies. In the bottom of the glass is chopped banana and kiwi, along with whole raspberries and lychee fruit.

And hidden inside..

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP2-32.jpg
IS CHOCOLATE TOFUTTI ICE CREAM!

Ohhhh man! This was the most impressive dessert I have ever seen/eaten in my entire life. It was absolutely beautiful, and there were so many wonderful suprises. There were so many flavors, but they all came together as a fantastic combination and I just loved everything about it.

Chef TJ came back as we were finishing dessert and I told him how completely impressive I thought the dessert was, and he thanked me and started talking about all the little details he enjoyed about the dessert. I told him how I had never had lychee fruit before and he asked how I liked it. We just had a wonderful conversation, and I wish I had been feeling better the whole time.

By the end of our conversation, Chef TJ told us that if we ever came back and had trouble getting reservations, to contact him. And then he gave us his personal business card! I told him that me and my boyfriend were coming back in May, and that we had reservations already. And then said that was great, and that he would try to make us a different dessert next time.

I thanked him a thousand times over and complimented everything he did, mentioning how hard it is to eat out as a vegan and how special he made me feel. He said it was his pleasure, and that he loves doing what he does.

When he finally said goodnight, and we had payed for our meal (quality and quantity far exceed the price here, by the way), I left a large tip and a note that said, "Chef TJ, Thank you again SO much! This was such a fantastic meal, and I can't wait to come back! -(love)- Andrea"

By this time, we were the only ones remaining in the restaurant:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP2-35.jpg

We saw him cleaning up in the kitchen on our way out, and I said thank you one more time and we said goodnight.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP2-34.jpg

The Polynesian is pretty empty at 12:30 AM.

lilpnutmama
03-17-2010, 10:25 PM
My goodness that man is a legend. I HAVE to eat there on my next trip. This just sounds and looks so fantastic. Could any meal you have ever again compare though? :)

Plasticletters
03-17-2010, 10:32 PM
SWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEETT!!!!

What an awesome dessert! It seems that Chef TJ does variations on a theme when it comes to vegans at 'Ohana, but I have not seen that dessert before...amazing! Now I need to try it!

Vegcentric
03-17-2010, 10:48 PM
Hawaiian beer?
That sounds soooo good!

Andrea I love reading your reviews because you're just so excited in all of them! It's so great, I'm really great you were able to get Chef TJ. Now, you're going back in May, right? I'm actually making my dining reservations in May for our trip in October (so far away! D:) so I hope you have an awesome trip but I'm wondering if your dining reviews will be here in time for when I'm making my reservations.

Would you mind if I direct messaged you later on in May before I make my reservations to see how you made out and where you ate?

I probably sound like a pain in the butt but your reviews have always been so helpful. :rotfl:

v_gan
03-17-2010, 11:17 PM
I'm SO glad I found your dining review! I had no idea I could get tofutti or vegan cheese anywhere in WDW. :woohoo: I will definitely be asking for that stuff next time I'm there!

I'm not sure if it's available at all the restaurants, but it's worth a try! I was really excited when I found it :goodvibes

My goodness that man is a legend. I HAVE to eat there on my next trip. This just sounds and looks so fantastic. Could any meal you have ever again compare though? :)

He really is! And, yes, you do!

I'm not sure.. haha. Maybe the next meal we have made by him will!

SWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEETT!!!!

What an awesome dessert! It seems that Chef TJ does variations on a theme when it comes to vegans at 'Ohana, but I have not seen that dessert before...amazing! Now I need to try it!

I know, right?! I wasn't expecting that little suprise in the middle! It was so cool! I almost wish we had gotten the same dessert you guys had - especially the extra cookies. But I'm glad we got something different because it was really fun seeing what else he's capable of. I'm excited to see what we get next time!

Hawaiian beer?
That sounds soooo good!

Andrea I love reading your reviews because you're just so excited in all of them! It's so great, I'm really great you were able to get Chef TJ. Now, you're going back in May, right? I'm actually making my dining reservations in May for our trip in October (so far away! D:) so I hope you have an awesome trip but I'm wondering if your dining reviews will be here in time for when I'm making my reservations.

Would you mind if I direct messaged you later on in May before I make my reservations to see how you made out and where you ate?

I probably sound like a pain in the butt but your reviews have always been so helpful. :rotfl:

I'm so glad you enjoy the reviews! I love writing them, even if I do take forever! :lmao:

Yes, me and my boyfriend are going back in May. We'll be back on the 15th unless we end up staying an extra day. So my reviews should start a few days after that. It's completely fine if you want to message me sooner than that! What day can you start making reservations?

Right now, we have reservations for 'Ohana, Tusker House, Tony's Town Sqaure, and California Grill. We'll be trying out a few new counter service restaurants, but will probably decide where to eat on the day-of for those.

This next trip will probably be our last Disney trip for a while. Probably until the Fantasyland expansion is done. So we're going to make the most of it! :goodvibes

Vegcentric
03-17-2010, 11:48 PM
Awesome! Thanks a lot for that...

We're actually going with a group of people this time. I think we'll be able to make our reservations at the very end of May so there will probably be time to read your reviews before that.

California Grill is SO PRETTY. I could have eaten nothing at all and have been happy just looking outside. I wasn't too fond of their cocktails but eh, it was worth it for the view. We'll be pretty much at the mercy of our group wherever they want to go, but my sister is very adamant and protective of my husband and I when it comes to our lifestyle choices (we're lucky) so I know we'll be okay.

My sister wants to definitely go to Jiko and Cali Grill. I have never been to Tony's Town Square before so I'm interested in hearing how your trip goes. I love Lady and the Tramp. One of the best.

v_gan
03-17-2010, 11:58 PM
My sister wants to definitely go to Jiko and Cali Grill. I have never been to Tony's Town Square before so I'm interested in hearing how your trip goes. I love Lady and the Tramp. One of the best.

Ugh, I want to go to Jiko so bad. But I know Jon wouldn't want to go, because it's expensive. Especially not on this next trip, since we're already doing California Grill. Maybe next time :guilty:

Sounds like you've got some good choices already, though!

Last time we went to Tony's (2007), we just had spaghetti and marinara (which is what I wanted from there). But I saw that they added this to the menu: "Multigrain Pasta Primavera - Seasonal Vegetables in Garlic and Olive Oil topped with Balsamic Glaze and Feta $13.99", so I thought I'd give it another shot. I just hope it's still on the menu in May! It sounds vegan, if ordered without the feta.

disney_princess_85
03-18-2010, 07:27 AM
Chef TJ is fantastic! Your dessert looks amazing. :love:

I'm a vegetarian and I got the pitta chips/houmous and the tempura/tofu tower back in September. It was sooo good! I really hope Chef TJ is there in September when we eat at 'Ohana again.

THEJOEL
03-18-2010, 03:23 PM
Even though I am not a vegan and believe PETA means People eating Tasty Animals, LOL..J/K.
That salAd wrap and soup(Oh who am I kidding?) that entire meal looks AWESOME!!
I wonder if I brought pics I could just request that entire meal?

prttynpnk
03-18-2010, 04:05 PM
I love to see the chefs flex their skills- great review and pictures!

v_gan
03-22-2010, 12:11 PM
Chef TJ is fantastic! Your dessert looks amazing. :love:

I'm a vegetarian and I got the pitta chips/houmous and the tempura/tofu tower back in September. It was sooo good! I really hope Chef TJ is there in September when we eat at 'Ohana again.

I hope so, too! This was such an awesome meal, and Chef TJ is such an amazing man.

I love to see the chefs flex their skills- great review and pictures!

I do, too! I wish all of them enjoyed doing it as much as Chef TJ does. :lovestruc

v_gan
03-22-2010, 03:57 PM
Today was Magic Kingdom Day + the D23 First Anniversary Party. As was the norm on this trip, we were late arriving at the TTC. We had to wait on a few monorails, because they were only putting people in the last three compartments in order for the guests at the resorts to have room. Normally, I would have taken the ferry. But since it was freezing, and I was sick, we stuck it out longer for the monorail. Unfortuntately, we had to sacrifice our comfort and personal space for the warmth. They literally had us packed in like sardines, and we were stopping to pick up more. (What can I say? I love Weird Al. :lmao:)

After the incredibly unformfortable monorail trip, we made it to the Magic Kingdom. We didn't make it in time for rope drop, and we still had to get a locker and pick up our D23 stuff.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/D23CheckIn.jpg

When we checked in, we had to sign a form to say that we had picked up everything and then we had to sign a release form for photo/video taken by Disney during the event.

Included in our packet: Complimentary 1-day theme park ticket, event credentials, itenerary, and a voucher to recieve our free gift at the event.

After putting everything in our locker, we headed to Space Mountain for Fastpasses. Then we rode Buzz, Pirates, Splash Mountain, and Big Thunder Mountain. Then we went to check out what the day's Jack Sparrow looked like :lovestruc But he was orange. A good actor, but very, very orange. :rolleyes:

After that, we rode Haunted Mansion and then got in line to meet Princess Tiana! I was SO excited! She's one of my new favorite princesses, since she wants to open a restaurant. Just like me! Prince Naveen was very handsome and charming, and Princess Tiana was seriously so beautiful she looked like a cartoon character. Aladdin and Jasmine had apparantly played a prank on them, leaving a note in the gazeebo that said, "Magic Carpets are more fun than Riverboats! - Love, Aladdin and Jasmine". It was pretty funny :)

After that, and for the first time on this trip, we headed to the Crystal Palace early. We checked in ten minutes early, and recieved our pager.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP3-1.jpg

Last time we didn't get a pager. They just had someone yelling for each party when it was their time. Did they have pagers before, and we just went on a day they weren't using them? Either way, I like the pager system much better :thumbsup2

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP3-13.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP3-12.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP3-11.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP3-10.jpg

We were seated right on time, only a few seats away from where me and Jon sat last May. Our server took our drink orders

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP3-8.jpg
I got the raspberry lemonade, and my sister got orange juice and water.

After that, the chef came out to tell us what we could have. It was all the same as last year, so nothing new.

My sister got all the same stuff I did, so I'm just going to post my plates.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP3-2.jpg
Plate #1: Edamame salad, Cucumber Salad with Ginger, Moroccan Couscous and Parsley salad, plus some lettuce with oil and vinegar.

My cold plate, apparantly. Lots of salads. Everything was a little more flavorful than I remember it being, so I enjoyed it all.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP3-3.jpg
Plate #2: Broccoli with Puri Puri and Key Lime Ponzu (does anyone know what that is?), Curry Vegetables with Rice Noodles, Cinnamon and Lemon Infused Basmati Rice, Ratatouille, and Vegetable Medley with Arugula Oil.

My warm plate! :goodvibes Broccoli was good, curried noodles were AWESOMELY spicy, ratatouille was good, vegetables were a little plain.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP3-9.jpg
Plate #3: More noodles, more coucous, and a pickle spear.

The noodles weren't as spicy as the batch I had before that, so I was disappointed. They still tasted good, they just weren't spicy like I was hoping for. The couscous was awesome. I didn't finish the pickle spear. I just wanted a few bites because I needed something tangy :)

At the end of our meal, the chef mentioned that there was some kind of brownie he could get for us. I can't remember what he said about it, something about no eggs or gluten or something like that. While I would have loved a brownie, I was a little iffy on the chef's knowledge of the product, so I declined. Maybe we can look into that more on our next trip.

And, just because there's no way to do a Crystal Palace review without mentioning the characters, here's me and my sister with Piglet:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP3-7.jpg
I don't look too sick, do I? :sick:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP3-6.jpg

All the characters made it to us within the 1.25 hours we were there, including Eeyore a second time. It was fun, but Jon and I won't be going back on our trip in May. I still like Crystal Palace, but I would much rather try something new instead of going back for the same old, same old.

Coming Up: The Diamond Horseshoe and D23 party

GirlfromTN
03-22-2010, 04:40 PM
Can't wait to hear about the d23 party!

purpleveg
03-22-2010, 04:52 PM
So, I have been lurking your reviews for a while and just got an account because I figure I need to thank you for posting such awesome reviews!
I just went vegan in January and was worried about my disney birthuation (birthday/graduation :lmao:) trip in June. Your reviews assured me that the Disney magic works with vegans too!
I just convinced my mom to let me make ADRs at Ohana, Tusker House and the Prime Time Cafe. So excited!

BTW, we wanted Ohana for the night we got there, but they only have it at 9.00 and I was wondering if you think that if I keep checking that it will show up if someone cancelled or something?

Thanks for all you helpful reviews! I love the pictures (these last Ohana ones sold me)

casjen
03-22-2010, 06:39 PM
I am a dairy free vegetarian. Not all the way vegan but on my way. The brownie was HUGE and dairy free/gluten free. I am not sure about eggs. It wasn't a prepackaged brownie. It was a giant triangle slice treat.

I also really enjoyed Crystal Palace for dinner. I was shocked how much tasty food there was for me to eat.

loveWDWalways
03-27-2010, 12:39 AM
My sister and I :love: this thread! It's one of my favorites on the Disboards. We're vegetarian, and we always find so many delicious options at WDW. We love Boma (and loved the pictures you posted ... they hold us over until our own trip soon!). Boma's white bean hummus needs its own special day ... and to celebrate it, I'll make sure the hummus is guest of honor in my stomach. :worship:

I wanted to know if your vegan entries at 'Ohana are really ginger-y? I know you mentioned the broth, but what about the other things? Is anything smoky? Those are two flavors I really don't like, but the food looks so great, I want to try it next time!

v_gan
03-28-2010, 02:11 PM
Can't wait to hear about the d23 party!

It's not going to be as awesome as it sounds! :laughing:

So, I have been lurking your reviews for a while and just got an account because I figure I need to thank you for posting such awesome reviews!
I just went vegan in January and was worried about my disney birthuation (birthday/graduation :lmao:) trip in June. Your reviews assured me that the Disney magic works with vegans too!
I just convinced my mom to let me make ADRs at Ohana, Tusker House and the Prime Time Cafe. So excited!

BTW, we wanted Ohana for the night we got there, but they only have it at 9.00 and I was wondering if you think that if I keep checking that it will show up if someone cancelled or something?

Thanks for all you helpful reviews! I love the pictures (these last Ohana ones sold me)

Disney definitely works well with vegans! It's one of the main reasons I love vacationing there. It's so easy to eat out.

You've picked some good places! Definitely call back/check online and try for an earlier ADR, but don't worry if it doesn't happen. The past two times we ate there, our ADRs were right around 9:00, and we've had good experiences both times. And if Wishes is at 10:00 that night, you'll get to see the show outside the window!

I am a dairy free vegetarian. Not all the way vegan but on my way. The brownie was HUGE and dairy free/gluten free. I am not sure about eggs. It wasn't a prepackaged brownie. It was a giant triangle slice treat.

I also really enjoyed Crystal Palace for dinner. I was shocked how much tasty food there was for me to eat.

Well, now I'm kicking myself for not inquiring about that brownie some more! I still think it's too good to be true for Disney to have a vegan brownie available, but it would be so awesome if it was.

My sister and I :love: this thread! It's one of my favorites on the Disboards. We're vegetarian, and we always find so many delicious options at WDW. We love Boma (and loved the pictures you posted ... they hold us over until our own trip soon!). Boma's white bean hummus needs its own special day ... and to celebrate it, I'll make sure the hummus is guest of honor in my stomach. :worship:

I wanted to know if your vegan entries at 'Ohana are really ginger-y? I know you mentioned the broth, but what about the other things? Is anything smoky? Those are two flavors I really don't like, but the food looks so great, I want to try it next time!

Yay! I'm so glad you like them :goodvibes It's too bad all the hummus at Boma had cheese in it this last time we went. I don't know why they put cheese in their hummus, but at least there's plenty more to eat!

I don't recall any intense ginger flavors other than the broth for the soup. And nothing had a smoky flavor, as far as my taste buds were concerned. Very savory, but not smoky.

v_gan
03-28-2010, 03:55 PM
After lunch, we got got FPs for Peter Pan, used our Space Mountain FPs, rode the TTA, rode Carousel of Progress, watched the beginning of the parade so my sister could see the Muppets, watched the Country Bear Jamboree, and got a quick snack at a snack cart in Adventureland:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP3-14.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP3-15.jpg

I got a strawberry bar, my sister got a frozen lemonade.

After this, we did some shopping, used our Peter Pan FPs, and then went to get in line for dinner. Well, to be quite honest, I didn't know there was actually going to be a line. But there was.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP3-16.jpg
This is coming from the Diamond Horseshoe Saloon, going through the bathroom area leading into Adventureland, and going down the wall a bit.

Something funny did happen here, though. We were basically next to last getting in line, and then a mom and her 2 daughters walk by. The mom says to her daughters, "Here, stand in line and I'll go see what it's for." :lmao: Who does that?!

Anyway.. We eventually made it up to the entrance:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP3-17.jpg

We were instructed that it would be best to find a place to sit before heading to the buffet. Easier said than done, considering all the people that got inside before us. I just couldn't believe they weren't sitting people in order to make room for everyone. It was a madhouse inside :scared1:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP3-18.jpg

We eventually settled for two seats upstairs, near the far right side of the stage.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP3-31.jpg

Needless to say, we didn't have a very good view of the screen. But we couldn't do anything at that point. So I went downstairs to try to find out what we were supposed to be eating. I had contacted the D23 staff right after we bought our tickets, and they assured me there would be something available for us. This is the reply I recieved to my e-mail:

Hello Andrea,

Thank you for your letter.

We have gone ahead and contacted the Walt Disney World resort and
alerted them about your dietary restrictions. They have confirmed that
they will be able to accommodate your requests. Please alert the D23
staff upon check-in to make sure you receive the appropriate meal.

Considering we didn't really have a "check-in", I attempted to do what I was supposed to. In the sea of hungry Disney fans, I tried to find a D23 staff member to help me.

First I saw a soup station that had minestrone soup. I asked the man serving it if there was any kind of beef or chicken broth, and he said the soup was completely vegetarian.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP3-21.jpg

They also had some kind of chowder + chicken, shrimp, and croutons that could be added to either soup. But he assured me the minestrone was fine. so I got a bowl of that.

I found a woman near the buffet area, and I asked her if she knew what was vegan on the buffet. She wasn't sure, and went to go ask a chef. I stayed where I was for a good 5 minutes, while watching everyone else pile food on their plates.

When the lady came back, she started saying that I could have the mashed potaotes and the polenta (wait, what?), and I stopped her, asking if the chef knew what vegan meant? I explained to her that I didn't eat eggs, dairy, meat, fish, etc..

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP3-23.jpg
^Can't eat this!

She said that I should have e-mailed the staff when I ordered my tickets to explain my situation, and I told her that I had and that they assured me there would be something available. She said, "Oh," and, once again, went to talk to a chef.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP3-24.jpg
(This is where I was awkwardly standing the whole time. Very uncomfortable spot, with all the people crammed in there, trying to get by me.)

Another 5 minutes go by, the presentation had already started, and I was getting kind of annoyed watching everyone else eating and enjoying the speeches. Eventually the woman came back out with a chef and he explained that I could have the minestrone soup (which I had already picked up), the sauteed greens, and the fire roasted corn + various beans.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP3-22.jpg

After looking at the buffet all this time, I had figured these would be the only things we could eat. He asked where we were sitting, and I pointed to where my sister was upstairs. He said he would cook some tofu and bring it up to us for our entree. I thanked him, and then my sister came down and we got plates of the greens and the corn/beans to take back upstairs.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP3-30.jpg

At eat place setting, there was a glass of lukewarm water, watered down lemonade, and at some point, some guy came around and gave us all champagne for a toast. :eek: I could have been under 21 for all he knew! I couldn't believe they just poured me a glass of champagne. I don't drink, but I did take a sip and nearly gagged. So gross.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP3-27.jpg
This is the plate I got from the buffet. It had the sauteed greens (which also had red and yellow bell peppers), the fire-roasted corn with red, black, and white beans, and the minestrone soup.

After all that hassle, I sure was hoping the food would be good. And it definitely was. Everything was really tasty and very hearty. But I don't think it was worth all the trouble, or the price.

After about five minutes, the chef came upstairs bringing two plates of food for us:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP3-28.jpg
Mine.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP3-29.jpg
My sister's.

On these plates was what we had already picked up from the buffet, plus red quinoa, white rice, and some seared tofu with an olive/red pepper relish.

The beans were really good mixed with the rice. The quinoa was really plain. I don't think they even added any salt. The tofu was just seared tofu. It was nicely seasoned, but it was still just seared tofu.

I appreciated the gesture, but I could have done without the grains and the tofu.

And I don't think you can tell how incredibly small the space each person had was in these pictures. Everyone sitting upstairs was literally bumping elbows with the person next to them as they ate. It was really difficult to find room for all those glasses, plus the two plates each that me and my sister had. Really uncomfortable.

Oh, and also: At some point, when I was talking to the chef and the lady, the chef mentioned that somone had come in at the previous dinner seating, asking for a vegetarian meal and that they had thought that was what the special request was for. Nevermind that I had mentioned in my letter that we were going to be at the second dinner seating and that we were vegan. :rolleyes: I wonder if they got a better meal than us, considering they thought that was the special request for the night.

They also had this little salad section set up, but I never made it over there:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP3-41.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP3-42.jpg

It looked kind of pitiful, to be honest.. :laughing:

The best part about the meal, by far, was the guy playing the piano on stage:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP3-19.jpg

He played this amazing, 10-minute long montage of classic Disney songs and, I swear, I thought it was a recording until someone said to give him a round of applause at the end. It was amazing!

And that concludes my experience at the Diamond Horseshoe Saloon D23 Dinner. Not a very good one. But at least the outside of the restaurant is pretty:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP3-43.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP3-44.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP3-45.jpg

Coming Up: D23 Fantasyland Dessert Party

ehartman4
03-29-2010, 08:27 AM
I've never heard of Diamond Horseshoe Saloon... weird. It's a bummer about your food experience there. At least most of it tasted good!

Also, I never commented on your Ohana review. All I have to say is YUM!

Vegcentric
03-30-2010, 09:47 PM
I'm sorry your experience at the Diamond Horseshoe was less than magical. :sad2: To be honest, that's actually what happened almost our entire trip at Disney in November. We filled out the dietary request form, got that same response in the e-mail. When we got to each restaurant they were never informed we would be there.
Most of our meals were really great and I was happy with them, but I can't help but think of what we could have had if they actually knew we were coming.
Thanks for the picture of the red quinoa - my mother loves it and talks about having it all the time but I had no idea what it looked like! I <3 frozen strawberry bars, they are sooo good. Any kind of fruit bar, I am all over.
Excellent review once again! :woohoo:

v_gan
03-31-2010, 04:28 PM
I've never heard of Diamond Horseshoe Saloon... weird. It's a bummer about your food experience there. At least most of it tasted good!

Also, I never commented on your Ohana review. All I have to say is YUM!

It's in Frontierland. It's hardly ever open anymore, which is why I was excited to go inside. They used to have a dinner show, but I think it closed because it was too expensive to run or something. They usually open it back up during peak times of the year and, from what I've read, serve the same food as Liberty Tree Tavern.

Yeah, the food was definitely good. It was just too much of a hassle, and I didn't really get to enjoy any of it.

I'm sorry your experience at the Diamond Horseshoe was less than magical. :sad2: To be honest, that's actually what happened almost our entire trip at Disney in November. We filled out the dietary request form, got that same response in the e-mail. When we got to each restaurant they were never informed we would be there.
Most of our meals were really great and I was happy with them, but I can't help but think of what we could have had if they actually knew we were coming.
Thanks for the picture of the red quinoa - my mother loves it and talks about having it all the time but I had no idea what it looked like! I <3 frozen strawberry bars, they are sooo good. Any kind of fruit bar, I am all over.
Excellent review once again! :woohoo:

It makes me wonder if the dietary request form is even sent to any of the restaurants. It doesn't seem like it's done anything for anyone out of everything I've read.

I *love* quinoa! I had never had red quinoa before this trip. I'll have to try making it at home sometime soon. It's really pretty. haha.

And I agree about fruit bars! I'm not a big dessert person, but I love sorbet and whole fruit popsicles.

Jessica14
04-01-2010, 09:43 AM
Thanks for all the info and the great pictures! I'm sorry for the trouble with that one meal and that you were not well. When we went in Oct '08, we let the Chrystal Palace know of my daughter's milk allergy and they were very accomodating. It's good to see all of those options as although we are not vegan or vegetarians, we are trying to eat less animal products in general. I was kind of concerned for our next trip that it would be fried chicken overload. It's also one of the reasons we don't do the meal plan as we don't want to kids to OD on the kid's meals. Thanks again for all of this!
Jessica

Plasticletters
04-02-2010, 12:34 AM
more comments later...but just a quick one to start.

that brownie you are talking about definitely has eggs in it. It was offered to us too and the chef (at restaurantosaurus) let us look at the ingredients....eggs for sure

v_gan
04-14-2010, 09:33 PM
Thanks for all the info and the great pictures!

You're welcome! :goodvibes

that brownie you are talking about definitely has eggs in it. It was offered to us too and the chef (at restaurantosaurus) let us look at the ingredients....eggs for sure

I had a feeling a vegan brownie at Disney World was too good to be true. But.. maybe one day! :wizard:

onelilspark
04-14-2010, 10:14 PM
Wait. You got champagne...in the MK????

v_gan
04-15-2010, 10:34 PM
Wait. You got champagne...in the MK????

Yep. Everyone did. I thought it was weird (and gross, because all alcohol is gross to me :goodvibes), but apparantly they do serve it during special events and stuff (like weddings and whatnot).

v_gan
04-15-2010, 10:36 PM
Wow, so I'm really bad at posting dining reviews in a reasonable amount of time. Sorry about that :rolleyes1

After dinner, I don't really remember what we did other than riding the Jungle Cruise. But we were supposed to meet at the Hall of Presidents at (I believe) 8:00. So we sat in Liberty Square while Wishes was going on.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP3-47.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP3-48.jpg

It was about 8:40 by the time some D23 people came by to walk us to Mickey's Phillharmagic.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP3-49.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP3-51.jpg

Once seated, we waited probably another 20 minutes to listen to a few guys give the most vague and uninformative information possible on the new Fantasyland expansion. By this time, I was really hurting inside knowing how much I spent on a ticket to this event.

But, oh.. Once we got out it was all worth it: One word...

GASTON!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/Gaston.jpg

Yes, yes.. I know he uses antlers in all of his decorating and I'm sure he's totally anti-vegan :lmao:. But I *LOVE* Gaston! I can't explain it. I just love him. I was beyond excited, and I was all smiles the rest of the night because I had met Gaston. :cloud9: Belle couldn't believe I handed him my autograph book, but I told her I thought it was safe since there weren't any mud puddles around. :thumbsup2

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP3-52.jpg

Gaston was very proud of his pictures, since he knew he looked good in all of them.

After Gaston (and Belle.. :laughing:), we met Clarabelle Cow and Horace Horsecollar:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP3-54.jpg
Clarabelle totally whacked me in the face with her nose. And, let me tell you, if you can avoid this happening to you, do so! It hurt. And it was a bit embarassing :rolleyes:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP3-53.jpg

After that, I met the Tremaine family:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP3-55.jpg

Then we decided to check out the desserts, knowing there wouldn't be anything for us. Everyone had already dug into everything by the time we checked it out, so please excuse the messy photo content:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP3-56.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP3-58.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP3-57.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP3-65.jpg

There were some fresh berries available at one table, but it wasn't something I really wanted at the time. So we passed. And then I found the most beautiful thing I had seen all night (besides Gaston): TEA!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP3-59.jpg

Ahhh, you don't know how happy I was to see this. I grabbed some hot water and made a nice, warm cup of Darjeeling tea:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP3-60.jpg

While we waited in line to meet Mickey, I sipped on my wonderfully hot and comforting tea and watched this amazing man draw Mickey on the ground with a wet rag:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP3-61.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP3-63.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP3-62.jpg

Continued in next post due to picture limit...

v_gan
04-15-2010, 10:40 PM
Continued from previous post...

I told him he was very talented. I wish things like this happened more often. It was so awesome. Then, finally, Mickey!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/D23Mickey.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP3-64.jpg

After meeting Mickey, we decided to ride some rides. We rode Snow White, and then I decided now would be the best time to ride Cinderella's horse on the carousel. So I searched for it while we waited and headed straight for the pretty pony when we got on. I felt like a princess :lovestruc

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP3-66.jpg

Then we went to look at the concept art they had set up near Ariel's Grotto. I thought it would be most appropriate to include this on in my dining reviews, as it shows the entrance to the Be Our Guest restaurant!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP3-68.jpg

And I figured, since Dumbo won't be in it's current location for much longer, I had better take some pictures while we rode.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP3-70.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP3-73.jpg

Then the event started to close up, and we headed towards to castle to pick up our "free" gift (that was included in the price of our ticket, of course):

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP3-74.jpg
A pin. Yippie. I don't collect pins.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP3-75.jpg
Not quite midnight!

On the way out, we actually got to see shadows of people working on the ice cream parlor!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP3-77.jpg

It was so cool, and reminded me of that Travel Channel special on what happens at Islands of Adventure after the park closes.

And that was my adventure at the D23 First Anniversary Party. To sum it up: The experience wasn't worth the price... Until they added Gaston into the mix! :rolleyes1

Coming Up: Old Port Royale breakfast and lunch.

disney_princess_85
04-16-2010, 10:06 AM
Thanks for reviewing the D23 Party. It's a shame it didn't live up to expectations. :(

On another note, your photos are really good! Do you mind me asking what camera you use? I'm on the prowl for a new one. :)

v_gan
04-16-2010, 10:36 AM
Thanks for reviewing the D23 Party. It's a shame it didn't live up to expectations. :(

On another note, your photos are really good! Do you mind me asking what camera you use? I'm on the prowl for a new one. :)

Yeah, I was really dissappointed in the event. Especially for the price. Considering Disneyland's D23 Party was about half as much, and they had celebrities and Disney legends in attendance, I don't think WDW's was worth the special trip.

Thank you :) I use a Nikon D40. I really like it, but after two years with it, I think I'm ready to upgrade again! It's my first DSLR camera, and I love how simple it is to use. There's no lag in-between photos, so it's really easy to capture those quick once-in-a-lifetime shots that you normally miss with other digital cameras.

princessallegra
04-17-2010, 11:15 AM
Hi!!! I just wanted to say your reviews are terrific!!!! I'm amazed by your meal at 'Ohana!!! WOW!!! What an amazing flight of VEGAN courses!!!

disney_princess_85
04-17-2010, 01:54 PM
Thank you :) I use a Nikon D40. I really like it, but after two years with it, I think I'm ready to upgrade again! It's my first DSLR camera, and I love how simple it is to use. There's no lag in-between photos, so it's really easy to capture those quick once-in-a-lifetime shots that you normally miss with other digital cameras.

Thanks. It would be my first DSLR camera too, so it sounds ideal. I'll definitely check it out! :thumbsup2

v_gan
04-29-2010, 11:04 PM
Hi!!! I just wanted to say your reviews are terrific!!!! I'm amazed by your meal at 'Ohana!!! WOW!!! What an amazing flight of VEGAN courses!!!

It really was amazing. And I'm hoping I get the same thing in two weeks! :yay:

v_gan
04-29-2010, 11:24 PM
Wow. Considering my next (and last, for a few years) trip is next Saturday, I better wrap these reviews up!

Today was our departure day. Since I was sick this whole trip, I decided not to make myself get up early. But I still got up early enough to pack, get ready, and then go have breakfast.

After I packed, I headed out to walk around the resort for the first time. I layed in a hammock for about a minute, walked around and looked at all the pools, and then I made my way into Old Port Royale.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP4-1.jpg

And I really wanted Mickey Waffles. So I set out on my mission.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP4-8.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP4-9.jpg

I found the station that was serving Mickey Waffles, and waited in line.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP4-12.jpg

When it was my turn, I asked if they could make egg- and dairy-free waffles. They told me to wait a moment, and they would get a chef. It took a minute, so I just stood off to the side and waited. When the chef came, I asked my question again and he said that they could absolutely do that! :woohoo: He said it would take a little extra time, but I said that was fine. So I got out of line and stood off to the side while I waited.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP4-13.jpg

No more than 5-10 minutes later, I had my very own, vegan Mickey Waffles. I thanked the chef for making them for me, paid for my meal, and headed off to find a seat.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP4-10.jpg

This was my first time really doing anything on my own at Disney World. So I found a table in a corner by a window and enjoyed my time alone. It was weird eating alone at first, but then I noticed that no one was really paying any attention. So I enjoyed the rest of the time I had by myself.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP4-14.jpg
Ta-da! Vegan Mickey Waffles!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP4-15.jpg
I got them with the strawberry sauce, and picked up some syrup on the way to my table.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP4-16.jpg
(I'm sorry, I couldn't help it! :lmao:)

I hate to say this, but they weren't very good. Actually, if you want complete honesty, they were terrible. I don't know if it was so much the waffles that were bad as it was the toppings. The strawberry sauce and syrup were both disgusting. I would have paid some big bucks during this meal for some real maple syrup.

I really can't even remember the taste of the waffles. Only how bad the toppings were. But I was so happy to just have the opportunity to eat Mickey Waffles. You haven no idea how excited I was to finally get a Mickey-shaped treat that I could eat :goodvibes

I would definitely give vegan Mickey Waffles another chance. I'll just have to remember to pack an emergency supply of maple syrup :thumbsup2

Up Next: Old Port Royale Lunch

v_gan
04-30-2010, 12:01 AM
After breakfast, I headed back outside and walked around Caribbean Cay and then back to the room to finish loading the car. We went to Downtown Disney for an hour or two, and then headed back to Caribbean Beach for lunch. I was hoping to get the vegetable platter I had seen listed on a menu during dinner, but it wasn't available for lunch. I did, however, spy a black bean burger:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP4-17.jpg

Unfortunately, after inquiring about it's contents, it was out of the question. It contained eggs. But the same wonderful chef that had helped me at breakfast (I believe his name was Todd) offered the suggestion of their regular veggie burger patty on a vegan bun, with the lettuce mixed with a vinegarette. It also came with freshly made sweet potato chips. Sounded good to me! I ordered two: one for me, one for my sister.

This time it took a bit longer, and there was also a family with allergies behind me waiting to talk to the chef. It tookd a good 15 minutes to get our food, but I didn't really mind.

Once the food did arrive, I thanked the chef again for helping me, and then went to pick up a few more items to finish using our snack credits.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP4-2.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP4-3.jpg
To the right of all the cookies and pastries (where those people are standing) is where the Divvies products are kept. They had the same selection as Pop Century did the year before: Chocolate chip cookies and caramel corn.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP4-4.jpg
There are plenty of healthy snacks to pick up here.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP4-5.jpg
Fresh, whole fruit..

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP4-6.jpg
Freshly cut and sliced fruit, fruit bowls, salads, veggies and dip (usually Ranch, but you can pick up a vinegarette to use).

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP4-7.jpg

After I picked out my sides, I headed outside to ge a table.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP4-18.jpg
I got a bowl of pineapple, a side salad, and a packet of Ken's Italian salad dressing. Plus some Divvies caramel corn and cookies for snacking in the car :goodvibes

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP4-19.jpg
The veggie burger patty was really yummy. The bun, however, was not. It was really dry. If I had smothered it in ketchup, it might have made it better. But I didn't. So it was just dry. The sweet potato chips tasted a little burnt. It was during this time we became bombarded with birds. So me and my sister both broke up our chips into pieces and fed them to the birds.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/v_gan/Travel/DDP4-20.jpg
By the time I got to my side salad and pineapple, I was pretty full. But these were both fresh and tasty.

Not so sure I'll be ordering another veggie burger at Disney World if these are the only buns I can eat. Yuck. I was really dissappointed to find out the other buns aren't vegan. I hope this changes sometime soon, or they at least find an edible allergy-free bun to serve. Otherwise I might have to start carrying around my own buns, along with those tiny bottles of maple syrup!

The caramel corn and cookies were really good on the way home. I :lovestruc Divvies.

And that's that! I'll have a new batch of reviews after our trip in May. Me and Jon are going to a few new places, and I'll be in a much better mood on this trip :cool1:

New places we'll be trying: Beaches and Cream, Cosmic Ray's (or El Pirata), Backlot Express, California Grill, and The Wave. And (hopefully) another wonderful meal with Chef TJ! *crosses fingers*

I hope you all enjoyed the reviews, and I apologize for taking so long :flower3:

disney_princess_85
04-30-2010, 04:33 AM
Old Port Royale looks like a fun food court. It's a shame the food wasn't so great! Would you recommend CBR?

Thanks for your reviews, I look forward to more. Have a great trip! :)

athenna
04-30-2010, 10:09 AM
Enjoyed your reviews!
We were @ the D23 party, also...Acutally, my fiance and I were sitting on the same side you were upstairs, we were on the other end close to the stairs....I agree, I was disappointed in it, the meal was chaos, I expected some type of organization:confused3
I didnt even realize until I got back to my seat and look down, that I missed a whole sections of foods, I never saw the salads, etc while I was downstairs..It was a mess:sad2:

Plasticletters
05-06-2010, 02:26 PM
yay for divvies!

It is a big bummer about the Mickey Waffles. I heard they could be veganized and was looking forward to trying them :(

v_gan
05-06-2010, 03:35 PM
Old Port Royale looks like a fun food court. It's a shame the food wasn't so great! Would you recommend CBR?

Thanks for your reviews, I look forward to more. Have a great trip! :)

I wanted to try the vegetable platter they had in the food court for dinner. I have a feeling it would have been good!

And, yes, I would reccommend CBR. Our pirate room was fantastic. The only thing I had some issues with were the CMs in the lobby. I didn't have a single good experience in there. But the food court and the gift shop were both nice. And if it hadn't been freezing during our trip, I'm sure the pools would have been fantastic. The pirate pool was one of the main reasons I wanted to stay there. There were so many things we didn't get to experience due to the cold weather. I'm sure it would be better in the heat, and I would definitely try it again one day (after I've made my way through the other moderate resorts!)

Enjoyed your reviews!
We were @ the D23 party, also...Acutally, my fiance and I were sitting on the same side you were upstairs, we were on the other end close to the stairs....I agree, I was disappointed in it, the meal was chaos, I expected some type of organization:confused3
I didnt even realize until I got back to my seat and look down, that I missed a whole sections of foods, I never saw the salads, etc while I was downstairs..It was a mess:sad2:

The organization really was a mess. I just couldn't believe they weren't seating guests to make room for everyone. I just didn't enjoy myself at all, and I'm hesitant to attend any other D23 events now. Especially for the price. I just don't think it's worth it, and I hate to say that :sad2:

yay for divvies!

It is a big bummer about the Mickey Waffles. I heard they could be veganized and was looking forward to trying them :(

Yay for Divvies, indeed! I looove Divvies. They're so addicting.

I was a bit bummed about the waffles. I would definitely try them again, though, if I got the chance. But I'm serious about bringing my own maple syrup next time! haha. Those toppings were so awful. :sick:

mandibc11
05-06-2010, 05:09 PM
I hope you'll be posting some reviews of your upcoming trip!

I know you mentioned being from Birmingham...we will be heading that way next Friday (two days before we go to Disney ourselves!) to visit some friends for dinner. They mentioned a place called Surin and then one called Cocina Superior. Any vegan items on these menus? I'm thinking with Surin being Thai that might be a little better...but they are leaning towards the Margaritas at Cocina!

v_gan
05-06-2010, 05:21 PM
I hope you'll be posting some reviews of your upcoming trip!

I know you mentioned being from Birmingham...we will be heading that way next Friday (two days before we go to Disney ourselves!) to visit some friends for dinner. They mentioned a place called Surin and then one called Cocina Superior. Any vegan items on these menus? I'm thinking with Surin being Thai that might be a little better...but they are leaning towards the Margaritas at Cocina!

Of course! :goodvibes

I've actually never been to either (I don't eat out much unless I'm on vacation), but I've heard good things about both. I'm sure you could find a vegan item at both of the restaurants. :thumbsup2 Here's a link to their menus:

http://www.thecocinasuperior.com/menu.html
Looks like they have veggie enchiladas, fajitas, and a wrap.

http://www.surinwest.com/
I think you can substitue tofu or vegetables for most of the meat-based entrees.

There's a restaurant/music venue downtown called Bottletree that serves quite a few vegan entrees and desserts. It's not fancy in the least, but it's fun and different. A lot of "hipsters" go here, but if you can get around that, it's great. :lmao:
http://www.thebottletree.com/btmenu.html

There's also a few mediterranean restaurants that have falafel and vegetable kebabs.

mandibc11
05-12-2010, 02:48 PM
Thank you for the suggestions! Turns out we won't be going afterall...which is just as well; we have to pack for Disney!

Hope you're having a blast on your trip.

purpleveg
05-17-2010, 03:37 PM
I'm so excited for you next reviews! They are all so fun to read!
That sucks about the vegan waffles...do you think they were gluten free too? That might be why..my mom is somewhat gluten intolerant and we make baked goods (when we have to, like birthdays) gluten free (vegan sometimes too) Some turn out ok and some...not so much. haha, just wondering.

VeganRazzleDazzle
05-23-2010, 01:25 PM
This is probably a little late but better late then never right! :banana:

Your Dumbo Ride pic (the closeup) is AMAZING!!! :worship:

It is better than any on the Disney Website! They should buy it from you.
What kind of camera do you have???

VeganRazzleDazzle
05-23-2010, 01:32 PM
Found the answer to the camera question on the next page! :)

VeganRazzleDazzle
06-12-2010, 09:17 PM
Which did you think was better Sci-Fi or 50's Prime Time?

I have ADR's for both and need to get rid of one. I'm just not sure which one!!! :eek:

MamaPotts
06-15-2010, 01:13 AM
Andrea, did I miss your May 2010 trip report?

v_gan
06-27-2010, 03:19 PM
Andrea, did I miss your May 2010 trip report?

No, I actually just started it! :rolleyes1

I'm a bit late, but the link is in my signature :)

v_gan
06-27-2010, 03:24 PM

I have ADR's for both and need to get rid of one. I'm just not sure which one!!! :eek:

Entree-wise, I enjoy Sci-Fi Dine-In's Seared Tofu much more than 50s Prime Time's Roasted Pepper. And you can get fries and great, non-dairy milkshakes at both. So considering those two things, I would have to pick Sci-Fi!

MelanieC
07-01-2010, 09:10 AM
Entree-wise, I enjoy Sci-Fi Dine-In's Seared Tofu much more than 50s Prime Time's Roasted Pepper. And you can get fries and great, non-dairy milkshakes at both. So considering those two things, I would have to pick Sci-Fi!

Plus the atmosphere at Sci Fi is just so much fun!!!

mytink2003
07-03-2010, 08:24 AM

I just got back and had dinner at both. 50's Prime Time no longer offers the stuffed pepper and they had really nothing to offer vegans! The chef was really nice, just a bit clueless on what vegans eat. The pasta had egg, so my kids couldn't eat that. I got a big salad and it wasn't very good. My kids got sauteed veggies and rice, my daughter refused to eat.

Sci-Fi was awesome! The seared tofu is delicious (I ordered it without the mango sauce) and they were much more accommodating.

I hope that helps you.

v_gan
07-03-2010, 11:09 AM
I just got back and had dinner at both. 50's Prime Time no longer offers the stuffed pepper and they had really nothing to offer vegans! The chef was really nice, just a bit clueless on what vegans eat. The pasta had egg, so my kids couldn't eat that. I got a big salad and it wasn't very good. My kids got sauteed veggies and rice, my daughter refused to eat.

Sci-Fi was awesome! The seared tofu is delicious (I ordered it without the mango sauce) and they were much more accommodating.

I hope that helps you.

They got rid of the stuffed pepper?! I wonder if they'll be replacing it with another vegetarian option sometime soon?

Vegcentric
07-04-2010, 05:39 PM
They got rid of the stuffed pepper?! I wonder if they'll be replacing it with another vegetarian option sometime soon?

Oh major bummer. I was looking forward to trying it!!!! Noooo!!

mytink2003
07-10-2010, 11:24 AM

I'm not sure. The chef was really nice, but it didn't seem like he knew what vegans even eat. He told me he had to go next door to another restaurant to get the mixed salad greens!
I was really hoping to try the stuffed pepper, so I was bummed when he told me they were no longer making it.

MelanieC
07-11-2010, 05:35 PM
It's like for every step forward we go two back. I sure wish they would have kept it. Hopefully they get another option.