View Full Version : Mashed Potatoes At 1900
03-06-2010, 11:46 PM
on our last trip to WDW we went to 1900 park fare for the dinner buffet and one of the items that i had was the creamy mashed potatoes. They were FANTASTIC. I loved them so much and have been looking everywhere for the recipie...does anyone know what is in the potatos? Or does anyone have the recipie??? I would love to have it!
03-07-2010, 02:41 PM
Are you talking about the mashed red-and-sweet potatoes?
That one is a combination of redskin potatoes, sweet potatoes (about 3 to 1, redskin to sweet measure-by-measure), butter, salt, and hot milk (as necessary when beating to smooth it out).
03-11-2010, 02:49 AM
i dont think they were those. they were next to a sign that said france...it was county themed i think. they were white and looks like maybe just red skinned and i think they had some creamy cheese in them yum!!!!
03-11-2010, 05:19 AM
I know Chef Mickey's has parmesan mashed potatoes - I don't know if they serve them at 1900 or not. Here is the recipe from All Ears:
Yield: 6 servings
3 pounds Whole potatoes (Peeled & Cut in to 1 by 1 inch cubes)
2 cups half & half
4 Tablespoons Butter
¾ Cup Parmesan Cheese (Grated)
1 Tablespoon Salt
½ teaspoon Black Pepper
Method of Preparation:
1. Boil the potatoes until they are soft and easy to mash. Drain the potatoes and place back into the pot they where cooked in.
2. Next heat the half & half in a small sauce pan and add to the potatoes.
3. Following that, begin mixing the potatoes with a whisk or handheld mixer and add in the Parmesan cheese, butter, & continue mixing until smooth and creamy.
4. Lastly, add the salt and pepper to the mix.
5. Finally, bowl in your favorite dish and serve with a smile.
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.