PDA

View Full Version : Tonga Toast Recipe?

dtr_angel
03-06-2010, 01:40 PM
I thought I had one saved on my computer that I got from here, but I can't find it. Does anyone happen to have it? Thanks! We're hoping to have a "poly" breakfast night tomorrow night for dinner. Definitely missing Disney World right now :)

Lu Ann
03-06-2010, 02:47 PM
Tonga Toast

Stuffed Bread:
1 Pullman Loaf or Sourdough Bread
3 Bananas
1 cup Cinnamon-Sugar Mixture (equal parts)
1 quart Canola Oil

Batter:
6 Eggs
2 cups Milk
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
2 TBS Sugar
Dash of Vanilla

Place all batter ingredients in a bowl. Cut ends off sourdough loaf then cut into 6 equal pieces. Using a small sharp knife, cut a pocket in the middle of each piece, about 3/4 down. Stuff two pieces of banana into each piece of bread. Preheat oil in a deep fryer to 350 degrees. Dip stuffed bread into batter and place in oil. Cook 'til brown on one side, about 3 minutes, then repeat process on other side. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels to remove excess oil. Roll in cinnamon/sugar mix and serve it with maple syrup. Makes 6 portions.

dtr_angel
03-06-2010, 05:09 PM
thank you SO much!

LAWalz23
03-06-2010, 06:00 PM
Thanks for asking for/posting the recipe. Tonga toast is one of my favorite breakfast in WDW!:banana:

B-Ride
03-06-2010, 08:12 PM
Here is another one from All Ears:

http://allears.net/din/rec_tt.htm

kmk1180
03-06-2010, 08:23 PM
oooooohhhhh.

I have wanted to try Tonga Toast but my wife hasn't wanted to go to Kona for Breakfast. (we're not big breakfast people)

Thanks for posting it, I'll give it a try.

I'm sure it won't be the same but will be close and give me a good idea
what's it's like.

LAWalz23
03-06-2010, 09:32 PM
oooooohhhhh.

I have wanted to try Tonga Toast but my wife hasn't wanted to go to Kona for Breakfast. (we're not big breakfast people)

Thanks for posting it, I'll give it a try.

I'm sure it won't be the same but will be close and give me a good idea
what's it's like.

You can also get Tonga toast at Captain Cookes, the counter serve at the Poly for a lot less.

dtr_angel
03-06-2010, 09:48 PM
You can also get Tonga toast at Captain Cookes, the counter serve at the Poly for a lot less.

That is where we always get it at :)