PDA

View Full Version : ? about risotto at le cellier

twebber55
03-06-2010, 10:45 AM
would love to try filet at le cellier but im not sure about risotto...i love rice and i love mushrooms so would i like this risotto?

stan_the_man
03-06-2010, 11:25 AM
Have you eaten normal risotto before? If so you will probably like it, especially as you love mushrooms

It's a very nice risotto I think, but if you are not sure you'd like it and still want the fillet, I have heard they will sub the cheesy mash instead

design_mom
03-06-2010, 11:32 AM
would love to try filet at le cellier but im not sure about risotto...i love rice and i love mushrooms so would i like this risotto?

Yes. I think you will like it. I'd also never had risotto before our trip to LeCellier in January, but I love mushrooms and rice. When the risotto arrived, I wasn't sure I liked the look of it, but it was delicious. (It was very creamy but it has a "rice-ish" quality to it.)

The risotto was the stand-out of the meal for me -- the filet was very good but I'm still thinking about the risotto!

erin.w
03-06-2010, 12:21 PM
The risotto is the best part of the meal IMHO. It's so creamy and tasty. Can't wait to have it again in May!

Beauty & the Best
03-06-2010, 04:48 PM
I LOVE risotto.

If you like rice and pasta, you will definitely like it as it is a bit of both - creamier and puffier than normal rice, but not quite pasta b/c it has the firmness of rice. Try something new!

honeydiane1953
03-06-2010, 05:04 PM

I have ressies at Le Cellier next month for the first time. Hard to get the ressie there is an understatement. I too have never had risotto but after reading the great reviews I will try it and probably love it.

3boys4me
03-06-2010, 05:39 PM
It is delicious. My husband is not big on the side dishes but he loved it too.

68wdwmom
03-06-2010, 05:46 PM
Try the risotto it is a creamy yummy rice that is very good

sherabby
03-06-2010, 06:13 PM
I was uncertain as well and almost asked for a substitute. I'm soooo glad that I tried it! It was delish!!!!!

dogodisney
03-06-2010, 06:17 PM
I am going to be the odd man out here but I did not care for the risotto. IMO, it was too salty. the filet was really good though.

B-Ride
03-06-2010, 06:34 PM
I am going to be the odd man out here but I did not care for the risotto. IMO, it was too salty. the filet was really good though.

Not odd with our family. We have been to Le Cellier 4 years in a row and every year we find the risotto gets saltier and saltier. Other than the salt I am a huge fan of the risotto but this year I think I will ask if I can have the cream cheese mash potatoes instead.