PDA

View Full Version : Lunch at Cinderella's Castle

sdrsdd
03-06-2010, 07:44 AM
I am thinking about doing a lunch at CRT---Any reviews or thoughts? We will also be doing the princess dinner buffet in Epcot and 1900 Park Fare---soI am just wondering if it is really worth the money--MY DD will be 6 years old at the time, andI am thinking if I don't do it now on this trip....she may not be as interested in this as she gets older...

How is the food at lunch? Dessert? MY DD loves Chocolate!!!!

cassie58
03-06-2010, 05:13 PM
We haven't done lunch there, but have done brft., which we really liked. I think the castle is a must-do if you can manage it - very magical! They have the photo w/Cindy, and we saw SW,SB, Belle(blue), & Jas. The girls get a wand, and they have a wishing ceremony. We did it when DD was 5, and last yr. when she turned 6 we tried Epcot brft in Norway(Pic. w/Belle(yellow),SW,SB,Cindy & Ariel). It was nice, but not the same feel you get at the castle. DD said she liked it, but wished she could go back to the castle again(bonus-we did see Ariel as a human!)

We did brft at the castle as we were paying OOP and it was the cheapest, and for Norway we were on DDP, but liked the late brft time(11:00) on EMH am, so we could get a lot done before that. Also, FYI Norway at lunch & dinner has a lot of authentic food, which I didn't think mine would go for(check menu on allears.net if you're interested). If you wanted to do castle brft, you could try & get early reserv. to get in before park opening. You get nice castle pics w/no one around, and when park opens, you're already in, and can jump onto rides!

We also loved 1900 PF - Cindy's step-family is a riot! In case you didn't know, DD can dance w/Prince and Cindy after they come out and do their own dance. When you check in, ask to sit in the room w/dancing, and then send DD out to the middle when it starts.

If you were only going to do 2, I'd skip Norway, but if she's into princesses like my DD, I'm sure she'd like all 3!HTH!

cassie58
11/08-ASMo & Timeshare
8/09-CSR

graceesmom
03-06-2010, 05:20 PM
We've done lunch the last 2 times there. We enjoy the food. Major Domo's pie is yummy and the chocolate cream cheese buckle is one of my favorite desserts at WDW. I prefer the character interaction at Akershsus, but there is just something special about eating in the castle. We didn't eat there our 1st trip and all DD kept asking for was to go inside the castle. Well you can't do that unless you are eating there.

Here's a picture of the food. There's lots of footage from the meals in our videos.

Major Domo's favorite pie
http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss355/esgordon/P1050887.jpg

Chocolate cream cheese buckle
http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss355/esgordon/P1050917.jpg

Tinker_Tam
03-06-2010, 06:05 PM
Question for someone...

On the DDP...Are all CRT meals 2 TS credits?

Dr. M
03-06-2010, 06:20 PM
yes, CRT is 2 Table services, and tip is included. Crt is one of the few places where you don't have to tip because it is covered by the dining plan. However, we had horrible service because they hurried us though our meal. they brought our desserts out when we were barely through our entree. They seemed very hurried and ready to get rid of us.

Justsyd2
03-06-2010, 06:48 PM
DH and I had lunch there last June. It was truly wonderful! We thoroughly enjoyed our food (Salmon), the characters, and our server, who received a $40 tip. It was a fantastic experience! We paid OOP for it, and feel that it was worth every penny (or $104.00 in our case) :lmao: