PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite character breakfasts for the food?

vinotinto
03-05-2010, 09:06 PM
Number #1 priority -Good Food! - fresh, lots of chocies, including healthy options (e.g., different fruit choices, lean proteins, whole grains, etc.).

Number #2 priority - Atmosphere

Shoot - forgot Crystal Palace! If you want to vote for Crystal palace - vote "other"

__disneygirl
03-05-2010, 09:32 PM
Honestly I find that breakfast at most of these places tends to be exactly the same, give or take a few items. As far as quality though, all the table service breakfasts at Disney World have the same exact classic breakfast foods, always delicious in my experience.

girlsmom
03-05-2010, 09:42 PM
I am curious what people voting for "other" are thinking! so, if you vote "other" please post where!!
Boma is my dh's fav...but 1900 pf is mine and DD5 and DD3's fav bfast

burberryplaid
03-05-2010, 09:43 PM
Well I vote "other" (Crystal Palace) but I have a feeling you'd enjoy Tusker House based on your criteria. The food is good - lots of options, including some unique healthy options (African dishes) The only reason we did not like it was because of our server and some characters skipped our table...but as that possibility is not a deciding factor for you, I'd say give it a shot.

beth_cam
03-05-2010, 09:45 PM
We don't do breakfast much, we usually eat in the room. For the variety of characters though we have tried a few.

First let me say that I agree with the previous poster, they all have pretty much the same.

Chef Mickey - didn't like it, felt cramped and dirty. Probably just a bad day. And I know lots of character interaction is good, but seeing them about 8 times in one meal kept the kids from eating what little they usuall would.

Akershus - Surprisingly we enjoyed this, I had expected wierd food. We didn't eat much though. Characters were rushed. I felt like we didn't eat near as much here, but enjoyed what we did eat. I also liked getting in there before the park opened.

1900 Park fare - we really enjoyed the food. Seemed like they had just a bit more of fruit etc. After almost a week of eating so much heavy food, we all ate a bunch of fruit, etc. Almost got my vote.

Ohana - I voted for this. More for the CM's which I know will be hit or miss. Not being a buffet, there wasn't much available other than the typical breakfast - eggs, bacon, etc. The first set of plates came out with hot greasy food and 2 little pieces of watermelon. My daughter grabbed them up. We ate on. They brought more food, but no more fruit. The CM notices that my daughter has barely eaten. He asks if everything is okay. She says she only want's watermelon. He brought her a big plate of watermelon. I can't remember what else it was, but they also got something else for my kids that wasn't even part of the normal breakfast menu. I just really liked that they were willing to work with the kids, and had food for all of us to enjoy, even if they did have to go dig it up.

lovesdumbo
03-05-2010, 11:20 PM
I voted other for Crystal Palace. I really like the omlet station, fruit, and cinnimon french toast thing that is really more like a deep fried donut!!!

Also love getting an early morning ADR so I can walk up a nearly empty Main St.

WeLoveLilo05
03-05-2010, 11:22 PM
I voted Chef Mickey...but for breakfast, IDK about dinner, never did it.

Close 2nd would be Tusker House.
and 3rd who be 1900 Park Fare Dinner.

APrunner
03-06-2010, 06:36 AM
I like all of them. Tusker House is probably my favorite though.

PlutoLuvr
03-06-2010, 09:11 AM
Tusker House, IMO, has the most variety. Sure, it has the standard breakfast fare that you'd see in any breakfast buffet, but it also has all sorts of interesting grains and breads and sides -- very similar to Boma or, in the case of the breads, Jiko.

That's also the breakfast that absolutely pleased everyone: The dieters, the healthy food people, the kids, the picky eaters and the adventerous eaters.

All these character buffets are chaotic, loud and crazy. Tusker is no different there. But the buffet is clean and, like I said, the selection blows every breakfast buffet I've ever been to -- on Disney property and off -- out of the water.

vinotinto
03-07-2010, 02:42 PM
Tusker House is in the lead. We won't miss it!

Duchess_99
03-07-2010, 02:47 PM
1. I really liked the food at Cape May Cafe. The breakfast pizza, smoked salmon and asparagus are a nice change.
2. Ohana or Tusker House would have to be my preference for atmosphere.

tink713
03-07-2010, 03:17 PM
I vote for Crystal Palace though Ive never tried Tusker House which I hear is good too.

NMW
03-07-2010, 03:51 PM
Crystal Palace and Tusker House would be tied for first place for food quality. A very close second would be Cape May Cafe.

Food at 'Ohana and Norway princess is very good also.

Atmosphere-Crystal Palce is lovely and Tusker House is pretty cool.

jlk806
03-07-2010, 04:14 PM
We love Donald's Safari Breakfast at Tusker House!

tink1957
03-07-2010, 05:06 PM
I voted for Crystal Palace, good food, good characters...good times.

mkleinbe
03-07-2010, 06:24 PM
I'm so glad you asked this question this way! I booked Tusker House for bfast a while back and now I'm so super glad I did. Chef Mickeys was not our favorite place for breakfast. If we ever go back there we'll try dinner.

jdisnut
03-07-2010, 06:48 PM
I'm so glad you asked this question this way! I booked Tusker House for bfast a while back and now I'm so super glad I did. Chef Mickeys was not our favorite place for breakfast. If we ever go back there we'll try dinner.
Glad to see another convert. I have no desire to return to Chef Mickey's now that I have discovered Tusker House. I am convinced it is the best character breakfast on property in terms of buffet selection and food quality. I rarely book character meals, but the next time I do, Tusker House will be my first choice.

2littlez'sandme
03-07-2010, 06:56 PM
Tusker House is my favorite, followed closely by Cape May Cafe.

lovesdumbo
03-07-2010, 06:58 PM

I like CP, Tusker, OHana, & Cape May over Chef Mickey's for breakfast but I like breakfast at Chef Mickey's WAY better than dinner. I don't care for salmon or prime rib and didn't think anything else was all that great. For character dinner I think quality of the food is much better at CP. It has been a while since I went to 1900 PF for dinner but that food was much better than CM also.

KatMark
03-07-2010, 07:00 PM
I voted other. Crystal Palace is our absolute favorite. Love the puffed french toast and the potato casserole. The character interaction has always been great and just love the whole atmosphere.

LaurieN
03-07-2010, 07:53 PM
I voted for O'Hana, however I would put Tusker Houe as a very close second place. LOVED LOVED LOVED both of these meals can't wait to do them again when we return:) Chef Mickey's I could take or leave for any meal; the only way we will go back is if my boys really want to.
Laurie:goodvibes

PrincessJasmine66
03-07-2010, 08:02 PM
Tusker House got my vote - great food & atmosphere, having said that our family loved CRT & Crystal Palace and Bomas goat cheese scrambled eggs are fantastic.

princessluvsapirate
03-07-2010, 08:26 PM
always chef mickeys for our family

vinotinto
03-14-2010, 08:23 PM
Tusker House is still the fav for food (choices, quality) in both the poll and comments. Keep the votes coming :thumbsup2

kathie859
03-14-2010, 08:28 PM
You can't beat an early ADR (before park opening) at CP. It is always such a nice way to start our Disney day. Service has always been great and the food choices good. Not to mention seeing the park pretty much deserted:thumbsup2