PDA

View Full Version : Fulton's Seafood/Artists Point

kathyclownfish
03-05-2010, 08:03 PM
Help! I had ressies at Cali Grill for a wonderful fireworks dinner for my mother's 70th b-day, BUT the my SIL and her kids only like chicken!! I made ressies at both Artist's Point and Fulton Seafood. I heard Fulton's is very disappointing. My SIL needs a cheaper place that has chicken!!

Which one is better, Artist's Point or Fulton's? Are either of these good for a 70th b-day celebration? Any info on either places would be appreicated!!!

thanks
Kathy

JDUCKY
03-05-2010, 08:21 PM
Fulton's or Artist Point won't really be any cheaper. AP is a 2 TS credit and Fulton's is, imho, rather overpriced for the quality of food.

Might check the menu at Portobello (right next to Fulton's).

Uncleromulus
03-06-2010, 07:12 AM
That's right--either of those will be just as $$$ as California Grill.
Try the menu search on this link for "chicken" and see what comes up that may suit your purpose.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining.htm

wdwbride2005
03-06-2010, 08:32 AM
Have you considered Narcoossee's? It has a great location with a view of the MK across the water, great food (seafood, poultry, beef, etc.), and you have the ability to watch the fireworks or the Water Pageant from there.

If you tell them it's for your mom's birthday, they'll probably print up a special menu for her. You could have flowers sent to the restaurant too.

Have fun!

honeydiane1953
03-06-2010, 07:24 PM
Help! I had ressies at Cali Grill for a wonderful fireworks dinner for my mother's 70th b-day, BUT the my SIL and her kids only like chicken!! I made ressies at both Artist's Point and Fulton Seafood. I heard Fulton's is very disappointing. My SIL needs a cheaper place that has chicken!!

Which one is better, Artist's Point or Fulton's? Are either of these good for a 70th b-day celebration? Any info on either places would be appreicated!!!

thanks
Kathy

I have tried AP and was delicious. I would love to try Fulton's but to me it is too high priced.:scared1:

imortalcandy
03-07-2010, 11:53 AM
My DH and I LOVED Fultons!!! Its more upscale and the food was amazing, I have never had seafood so fresh.

AirGoofy
03-07-2010, 03:51 PM
Fulton's was absolutely wonderful. Yes, it was pricey, but the best seafood meal I have had at DW. Have not been to AP.

Stitch's Greatest Fa
03-07-2010, 04:00 PM
Fultons is the worst place I have ever eaten at WDW - dried up lobster for over the top prices. Artist Point is great - but is also a little pricey.

stitchineeyore
03-07-2010, 04:11 PM
We have had less than good experiences at Fulton's, so have not been the last couple of years. We go to Artist's Point every time we are at WDW, about twice a year, and have never been disappointed. If you choose it, let them know ahead of time that it is a birthday celebration and ask for a table by the windows. We did this with a party of eight, and we had a lovely round table right by the windows overlooking the pool. BTW, checked the menu on allears (updated Feb. 2010). Adult chicken entree is $26. If the kids are 9 and under, their kids meal chicken dinners would run about $10 each. Hope you have a wonderful trip and happy birthday to your Mom. You are a great daughter!

HelenParr
03-07-2010, 05:33 PM
None of these places will be cheaper.

Not to intrude into your family's plans, but you are going to have a tough time finding a place as great as California Grill, with chicken, cheap, in Walt Disney World suitable for a birthday celebration.

Disney World dining is expensive. All signature restaurants are expensive. Fultons, Portabello are expensive. Maybe there's some happy middleground with your SIL, but still going to Cali Grill (and when I say this I mean someone is subsidizing someone else's dinner)? There must be something on the menu that'll work. They have chicken, and I'm pretty sure would make some simply grilled chicken if asked.

JMD
03-07-2010, 08:58 PM
Both are very good and both are pricey. But between the 2, I would pick Artist Pointe.

KatMark
03-07-2010, 09:06 PM
We have never done Artist Point, but we have done Fulton's more times than I count. We love it -- we have never had a bad meal -- the Alaskan King Crab Claws are to die for -- and we've always had outstanding service. Seafood is expensive, so Fulton's is not cheap; I've never ordered the chicken (although I know they have it), so don't know how the price is. If you are looking for something on the dining plan, then Fulton's won't work as it is not on the dining plan.

MickeyNicki
03-08-2010, 02:42 PM
Fultons is amazing, we have been there 5 times and each time we had amazing service and the best food ever! Its not cheap but it is totally worth it

LaurenT
03-08-2010, 03:19 PM
We have been to both..thery are both awesome!! I am a big seafood fan and Fulton's had the best crab I have ever had...I have traveled to 40 countries and eaten in some of the best places in NYC when I lived downstate....Fulton's was the best - I can't believe there are people saying it wasn't good...must have been an off day!

cas2674
03-08-2010, 03:23 PM
My husband and I loved Fulton's we were trying to get a break from the rest of the family. It is a little pricey, if I remember correctly it was $70 for the two of us but it was worth it.

OhioMom
03-08-2010, 05:45 PM
According to the menus on Allears, all of these restaurants (CG, AP, & Fultons) have chicken on both the adult and children's menu.

Which restaurant do you think your mother would enjoy? It is for her birthday after all. I would personally try to pick the place that I think my mother would prefer, with a menu where she would find a meal that would be special, a meal that would be something she wouldn't normally order.

I would put less weight on the food preferences of the rest of the group for this very special birthday dinner. :)

ElizabethB
03-08-2010, 06:49 PM
If you're looking for less pricey and for chicken, you might consider:

Maya Grill -- Grilled chicken breast $22 (we're not crazy about this place anymore by the way)

Kouzzina -- Cinnamon stewed chicken $22.95 (we love this place)

Narcoosee's -- Free range chicken breast $26 (nice place to celebrate a birthday -- plus you can see the water light parade and the fireworks)

Sanaa -- Tandoori Chicken $14.99 (this place is fun and you can request a view of the savannah, although the animals aren't always out)

kathyclownfish
03-08-2010, 09:09 PM
Wow, thanks everyone for your great information! It killed me to cancel that Cali Grill ressie. But, I think we will go with Fulton's, chicken is $19.95. The Inlaw gang will be happy and my mother, well she's the best, doesn't matter to her as long as everyone is together. :)
PS. I'm getting a nice expensive seafood dish and splitting the bill!!:rotfl2:

thanks again!!
Kathy

KatMark
03-08-2010, 09:17 PM
Wow, thanks everyone for your great information! It killed me to cancel that Cali Grill ressie. But, I think we will go with Fulton's, chicken is $19.95. The Inlaw gang will be happy and my mother, well she's the best, doesn't matter to her as long as everyone is together. :)
PS. I'm getting a nice expensive seafood dish and splitting the bill!!:rotfl2:

thanks again!!
Kathy

If you want a nice "expensive" seafood dish, go with the Alaskan King Crab Claws:

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/Luvwrestling/IMG_1720.jpg

kathyclownfish
03-09-2010, 07:07 AM
Those alaska crab legs look wonderful! maybe I will add a lobster tail to it...jk...thanks for the delicious looking picture!