PDA

View Full Version : Adults @ Character dinners?

thatkid
03-05-2010, 07:51 PM
How strange would it be for 2 (possibly 3) adults to go to character dinners? And yes, we'd have autograph books, too. :laughing:
I think we'd get less weird looks at dinner than standing in line for characters?
We're thinking of doing:
Cape May Cafe
Cinderella's Breakfast (we really, really want to eat in the castle)
1900 Park Fare
& Crystal Palace.

How many child-less people do you normally see at the character dinners? Will the characters actually come over?

I'm going to be 19 when we go, and I'm taking my mom, who is.... not 19 :rotfl:

JenetixK
03-05-2010, 07:56 PM
my DH and i went to one at liberty tree tavern. all the characters came by for pics. my sisters, cousins, mom and aunt went to chef mickeys and had a blast! tons of interaction. have fun!

wolf29
03-05-2010, 07:59 PM
I honestly don't think you'd find that anyone thought twice about you. One of the most magical things about Disney is hat you never outgrow it, and those in attendance perfectly understand that. Have fun!

MrsLS
03-05-2010, 08:20 PM
We never went to a character meal, we're 2 adults, but we've never received looks for being in line for pics with characters. We do it all the time and i've never thought twice about it. Go to the meals and have fun!

2littlez'sandme
03-05-2010, 08:28 PM
My BFF and I went last July to mostly character breakfasts and one super character dinner @Crystal Palace. We had the best time. It was her birthday trip, so the characters whooped it up w/ her...it was great!

Go and enjoy your meals w/ the characters...it's your vacation...have fun!!

Figment1990
03-05-2010, 08:45 PM
I agree that no one will think it odd. I don't think it's odd at all! We had a party of 6 adults, 4 over 50 years old, who went to Cinderella's dinner. This spring, we're doing 3 character meals, with only one very young toddler....

Eat wherever you want, I say! Especially in Disney - everyone acts like a kid there!

Of course, I never stood in line for a character until I was 28 and took my MIL on her first trip. Then we met everybody! :)

f86sabjf
03-05-2010, 09:05 PM
I'll be right in line behind you and I'm 41. Have fun who cares:cheer2:

Stitch_Is_King
03-05-2010, 09:24 PM
We do several character meals every trip and we have a blast. The characters just treat us like big kids. We get autographs as well as photos and shoot video with them, besides, it's Disney, where everyone is a kid no matter what your age.

burberryplaid
03-05-2010, 09:34 PM
My husband and I (we're in our 30's with no kids yet) always do at least one character meal. For our next trip we have Crystal Palace breakfast and Chef Mickey's for dinner booked. We've always seen adults without kids at character meals, you need not worry at all! :)

mlittig
03-05-2010, 10:30 PM
thatkid, you and your mom will have the most awesome time together :goodvibes My adult daughter and I have gone down to Disney the last two years and have another trip planned in April, 49 days to be exact :woohoo: Last time one of her friends and mother who had moved to Florida several years ago joined us for a day at Magic Kingdom :yay: We had the most fun ever especially when we went to Pixie Hollow and visited with the fairies :tink: Like you, I was concerned that maybe the characters would mainly focus mainly on the children but I am thrilled to say that we got as much, and at times, more attention than anyone :rotfl2: And for some reason, Goofy just loves to dance with me every time he sees me :rotfl: We even had dinner at the Crystal Palace and the 1900 Park Fare and also enjoyed those characters as well :thumbsup2 So here is some pixie dust for you and your mom for a magical trip pixiedust:

shawnh199
03-05-2010, 10:31 PM
We did 7 character meals (mostly breakfast) on our trip in December. There were plenty of tables with adults only. Don't give it a second thought. No one will look at you strangly, if they even notice you at all (the character meal places tend to be pretty busy - you're eatting, meeting characters, eatting some more, etc.) The reason I noticed several adult only tables is because we were seated next to them. And some of them made a really big deal of meeting the characters. (I say good for them!)

If someone did look at you as though you were strange for eatting at a character meal, who cares, you're at Disney World. Enjoy it!! I'm 35 and still enjoy meeting the characters. Yes, I have two young girls, but I go to Disney just as much for me as I do my kids. I love it there and can't wait until we can go back in 2011!

MellieluvsDisney
03-05-2010, 10:38 PM
Me and my boyfriend are both in our 30's and we had breakfast at Chef Mickey's last September. And we were not the only ones there without kids. And the characters all came over and we took pictures with all of them. It was a really fun time! This year we are making reservations for Crystal Palace for dinner.

Maleficent&Goons
03-05-2010, 10:39 PM
WE DID TWO ON OUR HONEYMOON!!! :rotfl: It's Disney no on will judge you. Go have fun and make sure you take lots of pictures.

Piglet4Ever
03-05-2010, 10:56 PM
Dh and I stand in line to meet the characters, I don't see a big difference. We did a couple dinners at LTT with DH's family a couple yrs ago and I got my pic with all the characters, I was the only adult in our party to do so, and I had no problem with it. Have fun!! :thumbsup2

lovesdumbo
03-05-2010, 11:07 PM
I'm sure you'll have a great time!

Cape May only has characters for breakfast.

Princess Sleepy
03-06-2010, 01:00 AM
I went in January with my sister and my cousins. We are 37, 33, 30, and 26 and had dinner at Akershus. The princesses were great. They asked us if we had left the princes at home to have a princess weekend. We got great photos and no one thought we were strange. (Or at least not that we noticed!)

jmm476
03-06-2010, 05:52 AM
My BFF and I have gone a few times and we always stand in line to meet the characters. We've never been looked at funny, at least not that we've noticed. We're like 2 big kids when we're at Disney. And we're both in our late 20's. I'm actually hoping to book 2 character meals when the ADRs open up in about 10 minutes!!!

bitohoney
03-06-2010, 10:08 AM
I don't think it's strange for adults to be there. It's part of the experience. I have 10 character meals planned with 2 16 year old girls. They don't mind it and actually DD wants all 10.

Tinks1984
03-06-2010, 10:28 AM
Myself and DBF did CRT and Chef Mickey's last time we were there and we're in our 20's. We didn't mind at all, infact, the characters were fantastic with us and all gladly posed for photographs!

We're doing Chef's and O'hanas in May too - and there's 5 adults this time :lmao: Totally not bothered, we've paid just as much to be there, so I'm quite happy to line up with the rest of the big and little kids to get my photo's...I NEED a hug from Mickey, my trip wouldn't be complete without one! :thumbsup2

HunnyJar
03-06-2010, 11:40 AM
This is totally normal and perfectly acceptable! My husband and I honeymooned at WDW and we did I think 4 or 5 character meals. :goodvibes We also took lots of pictures and had our autograph book with us. When we went back for our one year anniversary we did the same thing..and then our five year anniversary. :lmao: If you love the characters, go! Have a great time and remember Disney is for everyone! :)

I will say the only restaurant where we didn't feel as welcomed as warmly was at Akershus. The princesses came and went very fast and I believe we didn't even manage to get a picture with one of them. Everywhere else was excellent about taking pictures and signing autographs for us! :thumbsup2

hookemhoney
03-06-2010, 02:14 PM
My fiance and I (both 23) had breakfast at 1900 Park Fare with just the two of us, and we had a blast! The characters were great - obviously, they focus on the kids and spend much more time with them, but we had a lot of fun as well. We took lots of cute pics, and I had my autograph book in hand too! I'd definitely recommend it - if you can't be a big kid at Disney World, where can you?

Mommytwotwins
03-06-2010, 03:44 PM
Thats' what Disney is for!!! Go for it and have a great time!!!!:cheer2::cheer2: