PDA

View Full Version : Is CS crazy during peak times - like Easter?

Beauty & the Best
03-05-2010, 06:15 PM
We are visiting the World on April 9 for one day, right before a Disney cruise. April 9 is on the tail end of Easter week and we expect high crowds.

My question is about dining - I know TS places will require a reservation, but what about CS....is CS crazy during peak crowd times? Will we have horrible lines and trouble finding a table?

We've never been at a super busy time so I don't know what the dining situation will be like. We are doing a TS dinner, but we will be relying on CS for lunch.

TIA! :)

dawneg
03-05-2010, 07:41 PM
Eat as soon as they open, like 11 or 11:30. Try Columbia Harbor House or Pecos Bills. Busy but fine Pres. Week. We ate early.

APrunner
03-06-2010, 05:38 AM
Everything is vrazy at Easter!

GreenTeaFrappe
03-06-2010, 07:27 AM
I've always considered it to be more about the time of day that you eat rather than the time of year. Attempting Cosmic Rays at about 1pm on July 4th probably wasn't one of our brightest ideas ever, but we still got our food and sat on the wall outside and ate our food in the sun. But I think it depends more on what time you eat, like if you want breakfast, get it at 7 rather than 8.30 :) Eat to fit in with your vacation rather than what you consider 'typical' meal times :)

Beauty & the Best
03-06-2010, 08:00 AM
this helps!

I just know the parks & resorts will be crowded, so I was unsure if it's hectic/stressful to do CS during these times.

2Tiggies
03-06-2010, 09:22 AM
Yep, Easter is crazy. I agree with eating early - or late. Having said that, we have never waited more than 15-20 minutes in line at CS over Easter. ALthough line lengths can be quite a shock, they operate on full staff and they move quickly. I find it more stressful trying to manoevre a tray of food and drinks amid the crowds than actually lining up and waiting for food. We have however done some late lunches over Easter week around 3 pm or so and literally walked through the places and had a choice of tables so the peak time tip is a good one.

The only place we have waited ridiculously long was the American Pavillion at EPcot - almost an hour for a salad, fries and 2 juices. The lines weren't that long but just didn't move. Food was awful - ended up in the trash and we missed the first 5 minutes of Illuminations. We thought we would orderat 7.30 to stake out our spots early .... so much for that!

I do remember Pecos Bills had CMs directing you to tables which was a great help in peak times as it saved me trying to balance a tray, hang onto a child and look for a table at the same time.