PDA

View Full Version : Raglan Road at DTD

hhawkins
03-05-2010, 07:43 AM
The wife and I have one night on our trip when we will dine alone. The grandparents will watch the kiddos. We are considering heading to DTD and then to dinner at Raglan Road. Heard they have live entertainment in the eveing. Will it be happening in the mid-week, as we will be there about 8 p.m. on Wednesday. How is the food? Would this be a good choice for our one couple's night out?

We will be on the DDP, I am hoping they are on the DDP and 1 credit. Anyone know for sure.

kvogel11202
03-05-2010, 08:35 AM
The wife and I have one night on our trip when we will dine alone. The grandparents will watch the kiddos. We are considering heading to DTD and then to dinner at Raglan Road. Heard they have live entertainment in the eveing. Will it be happening in the mid-week, as we will be there about 8 p.m. on Wednesday. How is the food? Would this be a good choice for our one couple's night out?

We will be on the DDP, I am hoping they are on the DDP and 1 credit. Anyone know for sure.

We love Raglan Road for Adults only dinner. I believe the entertainment is on Friday and Saturday nights- unless that's changed. Sorry- not sure about DDP.

plutolovr
03-05-2010, 10:17 AM
The band plays every night except Sunday.

saradela
03-05-2010, 12:28 PM
You have to try the Bread Pudding!!!OMG!!!:cutie:

megthewonderful
03-05-2010, 12:55 PM
Raglan Road is a favorite of ours. The food is delicious and the live band is great!

Missytara
03-05-2010, 01:10 PM

Yes, they are on the dining plan.

KBoopaloo
03-05-2010, 01:18 PM
As an earlier poster said, the band plays (accompanied by a dancer) every night except Sunday.

This is absolutely one of my Dad's favorite places in all of WDW. We go there once per trip. The food is quite good, the restaurant itself is lovely and the entertainment is great. I often end up leaving him there enjoying the music for hours after dinner while I go shop at DTD! :goodvibes

Corwin
03-05-2010, 01:31 PM
We went back in 2007. I thought the food was great, and so was the entertainment. I'd love to go back again!

larsnshan
03-05-2010, 01:44 PM
As a previous poster said it is on the dining plan and it is only one credit.

My opinion of the restaurant is different than most. We were there in September and though the entertainment was great, we were not impressed with the food or service. The food was not "bad" just not as good as some other places and the server only did what was required and skipped things like refilling drinks or clearing empty dishes. Plus, if you are going on a night they have entertainment it is very difficult to have a conversation during performance time. If it was my night without my kiddos I would want someplace more quiet to eat and then afterwards go/do something more entertaining.

Just my 2 cents.

pixiemagic30
03-05-2010, 02:21 PM
We were just there Wednesday evening with some friends and LOVED it! The food and atmosphere were wonderful. As previous posters have said, there is nightly music starting at 7pm. We did not find the music to be too loud, as we were able to carry out conversations easily. The bread pudding is to die for! I just wish I had thought of asking for the recipe before we left! It's that good! :thumbsup2 As for the wait-staff. Our waiter was great. he kept our drinks loaded, cleared the table promptly, exceptional evening.

Enjoy your night out!

Robbinsgirls3
03-05-2010, 03:24 PM
We went as a last minute reservation popped up a few years ago. They had the step dancer performing, but she would dance one dance, retire for 5-6 songs, then dance another dance. We saw her dance twice the whole service. Then people started just coming in and standing around watching so we couldn't see anything after that even if she were dancing more. Great food, we enjoyed it, but I haven't attempted to rebook it since our one time there a few years ago. Things could have changed, but I'm not sure. It would be a good night out if you were wanting to not go into one of the parks for your dinner night. There's a lot going on in DTD to entertain, but if you wanted to go back into one of the parks Epcot has lots more intimate dining places, or maybe try the resorts dining options. Just touring the resorts after dinner is nice, especially the monorail ones, they have beach access you can walk down by and nice water views. Or you can take a boat ride over to Riverwalk/Port Orleans. There's other options if you are wanting something more than "pub crawl dinner".

CamColt
03-05-2010, 03:56 PM
Is the entertainment in the restaurant or is there a separate lounge area? I'd like to check this out and have a few drinks, but we don't plan on eating here.

Corwin
03-08-2010, 10:43 PM
Is the entertainment in the restaurant or is there a separate lounge area? I'd like to check this out and have a few drinks, but we don't plan on eating here.It's in the restaurant. There is a bar in there, too, though.

SabbyR
03-09-2010, 08:50 AM
I was wondering if its an okay place to take kids. Our 7, 11, and 13 year olds will be with us but I wanted to go there because my fil will ove it ( I think, I hope!!) and like a previous poster I was hoping he would stay and enjoy the music while we shopped because I know he is not going to enjoy shopping!

pixiemagic30
03-09-2010, 09:01 AM
I was wondering if its an okay place to take kids. Our 7, 11, and 13 year olds will be with us but I wanted to go there because my fil will ove it ( I think, I hope!!) and like a previous poster I was hoping he would stay and enjoy the music while we shopped because I know he is not going to enjoy shopping!

I definitely think it's a place where your kids will enjoy! When we were there, we saw a lot of families hanging out.

jennylyn_b
03-09-2010, 10:21 AM
[QUOTE=SabbyR;35753972]I was wondering if its an okay place to take kids. Our 7, 11, and 13 year olds will be with us but I wanted to go there because my fil will ove it ( I think, I hope!!) and like a previous poster I was hoping he would stay and enjoy the music while we shopped because I know he is not going to enjoy shopping![/QUOTe

Absolutely! I always see families with children of all ages in here. They love the music and some even get up and dance by their tables which are tightly packed in but no one seems to care. We love this restaurant and its a must do on our trips! The food is amazing and we have always had excellent servers! Enjoy and have some fun :)

NMW
03-09-2010, 01:43 PM
WE have eaten here the last 3 trips (with our 3 kids for the poster that asked). We love this place! It is so much fun, the decor is lovely, the food is very, very good. The entertainment starts around 9 PM. Our first meal we were seated right by the step dancer. Our DD 5 (at the time) was enthralled. Plus, our waiter gave her a free t-shirt and when she found out that she didn't like her dinner, whisked it away and offered to bring her anything else. She had a cheeseburger and fries out to her in under 15 minutes.

The appetizers are really good. I have tried the Dalkey duo, the ribs with Guiness, the Scallop Forest, and the chicken skewers. They have an entree salad that has beef and fried onions on it that is fantastic. My family has always enjoyed the food. The steak, the Chowder, the fish and chips, the shepards pie, the bangers and mash-all very good.

The beer flights are fun. We always get them. One visit DH and I tried the whisky flight and that was good too. You can get it from Ireland or Scotland.

I know people say it's loud, but only really if you sit in the main room. If you sit off on one of the side rooms, it's not bad at all. You can still here the music, but it's not as loud. You can look in the gift shop while you wait for your ADR, or get a drink at the bar. We have never had anything but excellent service here. We used the Deluxe dining plan twice and one time we paid cash. We had no problems using the dining plan.

ZoZo
03-09-2010, 02:41 PM
As a previous poster said it is on the dining plan and it is only one credit.

My opinion of the restaurant is different than most. We were there in September and though the entertainment was great, we were not impressed with the food or service. The food was not "bad" just not as good as some other places and the server only did what was required and skipped things like refilling drinks or clearing empty dishes. Plus, if you are going on a night they have entertainment it is very difficult to have a conversation during performance time. If it was my night without my kiddos I would want someplace more quiet to eat and then afterwards go/do something more entertaining.

Just my 2 cents.

I had a similar experience - I thought it wasn't that great. My fish and chips were barely lukewarm and sort of undercookd (the batter was soggy). And it was very, very loud when the entertainment was going - we couldn't hear each other talk without absolutely shouting.

But don't let a few bad reviews stop you from trying it! Every restaurant has its occasional bad nights - and I've found most reviews I've read of RR are very good. I say, give it a try!