PDA

View Full Version : Specialty Cake at The Wave

Kuzco
03-04-2010, 03:49 PM
I am traveling to WDW in May with friends, two of which will be celebrating their anniversary. We'd like to do something special for them by ordering a cake for our dinner at The Wave. Has anyone ever ordered a specialty cake for lunch/dinner at The Wave through the cake hotline? If so, what options were available? I've been reading that different restaurants have different types of cakes available.

Thanks! :goodvibes

Kuzco
03-04-2010, 03:59 PM
Of course I find the cake threads AFTER I post this... Maybe the answer to my question lies in those threads. ;)

Belle5
05-06-2010, 04:22 PM
I do not know if you already have your information since this thread is a bit old. You may even be at WDW right now.

But, FWIW, I did order a custom cake in Sept. 2008 at the Wave. It was chocolate cake with an Irish Creme "wash" all over the cake. It was filled with a chocolate mousse filling and frosted with a chocolate buttercream icing. The cake was delicious the next day after it had time to thaw! But, unfortunately for us, when it was served it was cold and hard.

Should I order from them again, I would call several hours before our dinner and make sure they had put the cake out to thaw.

Kuzco
05-08-2010, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the reply. We leave in about 3 weeks, so the timing of this is perfect. :)

Belle5
05-08-2010, 11:30 AM
Thanks for the reply. We leave in about 3 weeks, so the timing of this is perfect. :)

Oh, good! I am glad you haven't gone yet!

Tricia1972
05-08-2010, 11:53 AM
Glad that you found the cake thread. That will be the best resource for you. :goodvibes