PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about Victoria's and Albert's, please

Bete
03-04-2010, 12:45 PM
I've looked at some past menus and I'm not seeing much in the way of vegetarian entress at all. Is it possible to do vegetarian at this restaurant? Do you have to make prior arrangements for it? I get the idea there may not be as much latitude for special diet needs at this restaurant; am I right?

Also, I really would like to do a pant ensemble and not wear a dress/skirt; will I be out of place? The pant suit would be more like a business suit, not elegant by any means.

I know the male species must have a jacket.

Is it really worth the time, effort, and money?

Would you do it more than once? If so, could you explain why?

TDC Nala
03-04-2010, 12:47 PM
They have an entirely separate vegetarian menu and you may order all your courses off that menu if you wish. On the contrary, I think this restaurant accords more latitute for special diets than any I've been to.

And there is no "dresses only" rule. I've been there two or three times in pants suits. I've been there about five times. There will probably be another trip there in December.

Bete
03-04-2010, 12:58 PM
They have an entirely separate vegetarian menu and you may order all your courses off that menu if you wish. On the contrary, I think this restaurant accords more latitute for special diets than any I've been to.

And there is no "dresses only" rule. I've been there two or three times in pants suits. I've been there about five times. There will probably be another trip there in December.

I'm so happy about the separate vegetarian menu.

Do you think there are more women in dresses or dress slacks?

TDC Nala
03-04-2010, 01:04 PM
Can't tell you as I don't really notice what the women are wearing. Last time I went I wore a dress but only because I'd already worn my pantsuit to Bluezoo.

Pakey
03-04-2010, 01:16 PM
I always wear a dress but I've seen several posters on here state that they wore slacks. I've never paid attention to the other diners; I wear a dress because I wear slacks every day and it doesn't feel dressy to me.

Cheshire Figment
03-04-2010, 01:45 PM
Go to http://victoria-alberts.com where you can then click on menus and then on Vegetarian