PDA

View Full Version : PIN code frustration - we got one, tried to use it and can't!

BTown
03-04-2010, 01:22 AM
So, my girlfriend and I were already looking into taking a trip this summer with the room discount or visa card promotions going on. My girlfriend checks her e-mail and she's received a PIN for free quick service dining, which is great. The free dining is a much better deal anyway.

So, I go online to book. I enter the PIN, it's registered under her last name (doesn't show a first name online) and her old address. It said online that if the address is incorrect, you must call and book with a CM. Good thing I did.

When I called, I gave the PIN number and apparently this PIN is linked to her little brother's name. Her little brother who does not even live at the same address as her, even at her old address. I assume Disney got his information when she bought him a ticket for a trip they took a few years back.

Regardless, we can't use the PIN unless he's in our party, and he's not coming.

I'm just venting here. Pretty frustrating. It comes to her e-mail, at her address with her last name, and yet, we can't use it. The cast member was less than helpful too.

Now, I almost want to just take a trip to Universal and check out the new Harry Potter park, out of spite.
:headache:

ancestry
03-04-2010, 05:50 AM
Sorry for the frustration! That totally stinks. If it makes you feel any better this seems to happen quite often and unfortunately Disney is pretty strict about the code being used only by the person who is named. One lady here on the boards reported getting a pin code in the name of her cat!

milmore104
03-04-2010, 07:29 AM
I feel our frustration. We brought my DGM along w/ us for a couple of trips back in 05'. I've gotten emails to my email address w/ free dining offers and resort discounts. Of course when I've tried to use them we couldn't because she wasn't going w/ us.
I also get emails for my family. We went on a grand gathering together and now I get offers in my email for them.

maggiew
03-04-2010, 08:51 AM
I've read that if the brother has the same last name, she should be able to use it. Does the email say, "Welcome Smith family"? (insert last name)

I would call again and ask a different CM.

Maggie

CanadianGuy
03-04-2010, 08:55 AM
I've read that if the brother has the same last name, she should be able to use it. Does the email say, "Welcome Smith family"? (insert last name)

I would call again and ask a different CM.

Maggie

Yeah, I'd call again.

Cmbar
03-04-2010, 09:46 AM
Definitely call back. Don't give up that easily. Sometimes it takes the right CM. And you aren't trying to get around it. The Email came to her in her last name. A bit frustrating.

BY the way can you really enter PIN codes online? I didn't know you could do that.

ancestry
03-04-2010, 09:50 AM
BY the way can you really enter PIN codes online? I didn't know you could do that.

Yes you can for the pin codes that come via email. I got a 40% off PIN code via email before the current offer was released to the public. That email had a "click here to book" link in the email. I was able to book online by clicking through. However the the name and address on file matched up with ours perfectly. I think if you click through the email and the name or address is different then what they have on file then you need to call. :)

BTown
03-04-2010, 12:30 PM

Yeah, it was just addressed to the "Smith Family." Even when I entered it online, it just attached to the last name, and made no mention of any specific person's first name.

I did call back this morning, the CM I talked to was very rude. I explained the situation to him, and he wouldn't even look up the PIN number. He just said "it has to be used by someone in that household."

I told him it was, then he said, "it has to be used by the person it's associated with."

So, then I asked him, which is it? Then he tells me the person it's associated with has to be in the party, and refused to look it up or go any further.

So, I got frustrated and hung up. Maybe I'll call back. Almost wish I had never gotten the stupid code...

A&MsMommy
03-04-2010, 12:36 PM
Dumb question, but I thought you had to call with a pin number? Where do you enter it online? I got one and I'm curious to test out the numbers....

DreamnDisney
03-04-2010, 12:57 PM
Dumb question, but I thought you had to call with a pin number? Where do you enter it online? I got one and I'm curious to test out the numbers....

soem pin codes come with a link in the e-mail that allows you to price out your vacation with the pin code online (there was an e-mail with Alice in wonderland with her and the white rabbit with a link). The new code I received yesterday has no link, you must call and give the CM or TA your pin #. :thumbsup2

maggiew
03-04-2010, 01:12 PM
Yeah, it was just addressed to the "Smith Family." Even when I entered it online, it just attached to the last name, and made no mention of any specific person's first name.

I did call back this morning, the CM I talked to was very rude. I explained the situation to him, and he wouldn't even look up the PIN number. He just said "it has to be used by someone in that household."

I told him it was, then he said, "it has to be used by the person it's associated with."

So, then I asked him, which is it? Then he tells me the person it's associated with has to be in the party, and refused to look it up or go any further.

So, I got frustrated and hung up. Maybe I'll call back. Almost wish I had never gotten the stupid code...

Don't try to "explain" anything. Just say you got a PIN email and try to book.

Maggie

G&J's Mom
03-04-2010, 02:05 PM
You know, yesterday when I logged into the Disney site, I clicked on special offers to see what was available and that screen requesting the pin code and last name popped up immediately instead of the special offers. I have never seen it before and did not even know how I got to it. I have not received a pin in the mail or email, so maybe this is a sign that I should call. :thumbsup2 Or not. I am just not that lucky.:headache:

Has this happened to anyone else???

Denise

BTown
03-04-2010, 03:39 PM
So, I went back online to try again. I went through the whole booking process, and at no point did the PIN code ever indicate that it was addressed to a specific person (her brother), but rather family associated with the physical address (The "Smith" family).

So I go through the whole reservation process, add all of the members of my party with my girlfriend as the primary person, enter my card information, pay the balance in full, and get a reservation number. Great, it all worked!

But then, I check the reservation. The system automatically removed my girlfriend's name from the reservation and added her brothers name in the final reservation. So, I called the reservation number and told the cast member I just wanted to cancel, wanted a refund, and at this point I wasn't terribly interested in going.

He was very nice and simply added my girlfriend's name to the code, changed it on the reservation and that was that. Free dining now. But for all the headache, it might have just been easier to pay for it...

rae662000
03-04-2010, 03:41 PM
So, I went back online to try again. I went through the whole booking process, and at no point did the PIN code ever indicate that it was addressed to a specific person (her brother), but rather family associated with the physical address (The "Smith" family).

So I go through the whole reservation process, add all of the members of my party with my girlfriend as the primary person, enter my card information, pay the balance in full, and get a reservation number. Great, it all worked!

But then, I check the reservation. The system automatically removed my girlfriend's name from the reservation and added her brothers name in the final reservation. So, I called the reservation number and told the cast member I just wanted to cancel, wanted a refund, and at this point I wasn't terribly interested in going.

He was very nice and simply added my girlfriend's name to the code, changed it on the reservation and that was that. Free dining now. But for all the headache, it might have just been easier to pay for it...

You won't think that when you get there....congrats :thumbsup2

SnowWhite12
03-04-2010, 04:38 PM
This happens to me at least twice a year. I am the one who books for the entire family (my immediate family, my parents, my sisters and their families). My parents and my bro in law always get the code sent to my address. Disney has never once let me use it, no matter how many times I call! Frustrating!!

veraletta
03-04-2010, 06:31 PM
They messed up my name before, and I was able to use pin as when I called I told the lady I have lived at this address for over 26 years.

My name is Veraletta not Vera and My last name is Look Not Bolook LOL
And they fixed it and I was able to use it. I even brought the pin card with me just encase I would have problem but I didn't.
You have to remember that misprint do happen, as you have computers and people typing in these names. LOL

Manda
03-04-2010, 06:49 PM
I'm in a similar situation. I keep getting PIN codes sent to my email address and say my last name on the subject line ("Amazing deals for LASTNAME family!"), but when I call, they tell me the PIN is intended for my father-in-law. Who I've never lived with and live 200 miles from. I have no idea why my email address is on their household account. I've asked them to remove it, and they say the do... but obviously, they don't. I recently attempted to email guest services to beg them to please stop sending me PINs I can't use and they responded to me explaining to me how PINs work and telling me they were random and wishing me luck that I get one some time. They clearly didn't even read my email. :sad2: It's very frustrating to keep getting these offers and then be disappointed.