PDA

View Full Version : Are all pastries alike? Where are the best?

JJsmama
03-03-2010, 07:31 PM
These days are all the pastries and baked goods baked in one kitchen? Are they all the same? I'm especially concerned (yes, concerned) about chocolate cake, Choc chip cookies and brownies. Are they the same if you buy them at Main St Bakery or TomorrowLand or World Showcase?

I love chocolate cake but don't want to waste the calories on not-so-great cake. My boys would love to know where to find the best cookies and brownies although they have calories to spare.popcorn::

TillyMarigold
03-03-2010, 11:18 PM
Well, I realize this isn't going to sound helpful, but anywhere that has a bakery, bakes its own stuff. This includes anything with the name "Bakery" in the title (Main Street Bakery, Boulangerie-Patisserie [2 words for "bakery" in French], Kringla, Kusafiri, Starring Rolls) and most resorts. Other than that, Sunshine Seasons in Epcot has a bakery. Probably a few others.

The CS desserts at most other places are prepackaged and all the same (well, they're the same everywhere you can get them; it's not exactly the same selection everywhere). We actually liked them, but they're not really amazing or anything.

jcriket
03-03-2010, 11:35 PM
the pastries around world showcase for sure tend to be different i'm not a cake person, but the stuff in France is pretty good. People say the chocolate wave at coral reef is good

JDUCKY
03-03-2010, 11:49 PM
From the Rose and Crown:

http://www.havnfn.com/images/Disney/Epcot-2010-01/Rose&Crown-Dessert.jpg

mmmm....

crazyfordisney2000
03-04-2010, 06:40 AM
The brownies at Main Street Bakery are AWESOME!!!!!!!!! Fudgy, chewy, chocolately, NOT cakey at all, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:lovestruc

MickeyNicki
03-04-2010, 10:51 AM
I dont think so because many places have different chocolate chip cookies, danish, cinnamon buns, croissants etc...they all look and taste different at the bakeries and CS places

HunnyJar
03-04-2010, 10:56 AM
I know you were asking mainly about brownies and chocolate cakes, but I just have to say that I had one of the best cheese danishes I've ever had at the Kona Island Coffee Bar. It was so good! I was sort of disappointed that I was sharing it with my husband.. :lmao:

NeverlandClub23
03-05-2010, 10:40 AM
No they're not all the same. MK Bakery's cinnamon rolls are amazing! HUGE and topped with a thick caramelish icing :lovestruc

MerryFlora
03-05-2010, 11:31 AM
At the Tusker House and Mara they have the most wickedly good chocolate chip croissants. I still think about them daily.......:worship:

JJsmama
03-06-2010, 07:37 AM
Quickly taking notes....:thumbsup2

zhazhazsu
03-06-2010, 08:44 AM
Main St Bakery has Sticky Buns the size of your head! They are not quite cinnamon rolls though as they don't have a cinnamon flavor, more of a gooey caramel flavor.

DH had a very good chocolate chip muffin here as well

POR has amazing cupcakes ( plain vanilla and chocolate with frosting, but oh so moist and delicious)

I also like there cinnamon rolls. They are smaller and more like a traditional cinnamon roll, but also very good.

DH had a good blueberry muffin here at POR as well

The only bakery item I had a POR that I didn't like was the chocolate chip cookie BLECH! So not worth it!

France in EPCOT has tons of yummy fresh baked items to try. I think we had an eclair and an apple turnover last time.

Starring Rolls has cupcakes that are just out of control. Huge, and Gooey and stuffed with frosting!

The Writers Stop has the famous carrot cake cookie.

mommycrawford
03-06-2010, 10:27 AM
For me faves are cannoli at Pinnoccio's in MK, Key lime tart from Sunshine Seasons in Epcot, and the cupcakes at Starring Rolls in DHS!:banana: