PDA

View Full Version : Where to eat for honeymoon?

jennifer_and_nick
03-03-2010, 05:35 PM
My soon to be husband and I are going to be at Disney for our honeymoon in September. We aren't staying on property so we won't be on the dining plan. We would like to do some table service meals that are reasonably priced. Where would you suggest going?

We aren't big fans of chinese food or morrocan food. We like Italian, Mexican, and steaks and seafood. We would like to keep meals reasonably priced as we are paying for the wedding and honeymoon ourselves.

Thanks for any advice.

LuvLDM
03-03-2010, 06:00 PM
The Flying Fish (located on the Boardwalk) is our new favorite Disney restaurant. We tried it for the first time last December and it was wonderful!
Excellent food, great service.
check out the allears.net website for menus & prices. I can't provide a link because of my low post count :(

DSNY4ever
03-03-2010, 06:06 PM
We once honeymooned in WDW in September too!

We have loved Chefs De France and the Hollywood Brown Derby. Both worth every penny! These are also both a little less "kid" crowded than some others. We found that doing late lunches (like at 3:00pm) saves a little money and the restaurants were much less crowded. We got a few special free desserts too!

Have a wonderful honeymoon!

HunnyJar
03-03-2010, 07:53 PM
My husband and I honeymooned in WDW ourselves and to this day it's still our most memorable trip. :goodvibes I don't know how much this will help, because I don't know you personally but here's a list of the restaurants we went to for our honeymoon.

Donald's Breakfastsaurus (No longer there - breakfast)
'Ohana (dinner)
1900 Park Fare (dinner)
Kona Cafe (breakfast)
Liberty Tree Tavern (dinner)
Crystal Palace (lunch)

For the life of me I cannot seem to remember where we ate for TS in Epcot. I'm thinking Biergarten, but I could be wrong. In all honesty, we love character meals so even for our honeymoon we decided to make several of our meals character meals. We know that is not everyone's idea of a honeymoon. :lmao: I can also recommend Boma. Great restaurant and plenty to choose from. If you and your soon to be husband are anything like my husband and myself, we were able to tune out all of the people around us.

Hope you have a wonderful wedding and a magical honeymoon! :lovestruc

erin.w
03-03-2010, 09:24 PM
We love Chef's de France, Rose and Crown and Le Cellier.

Jgetterman
03-03-2010, 09:43 PM
I love California Grill- but then again, that's where DH proposed to me! :lovestruc

thej
03-03-2010, 09:57 PM
You might consider the Plaza in MK. It is very reasonable for Disney TS, and is smaller and quieter then most of the TS eateries. I'd suggest it for lunch though as it is mostly sndwiches. Save room for dessert, the Brownie sundae is AWESOME!

JDUCKY
03-03-2010, 11:53 PM
If you'd prefer something somewhat romantic yet not outrageously priced, try the San Angel Inn. Great atmosphere with the theming mixed in with the boat ride and the ziggurat and the volcano on the far wall. Plus the food is good, esp. the Tacos de Cochinita Pibil! I know it's an appetizer but I could just have that (well, maybe two orders' worth) and be quite happy!

amyy
03-04-2010, 07:58 AM
Congrats in advance on your wedding. We are also honeymooning (and getting married at Disney this year). Have you checked out all the menus at allears? We go to Disney often and I still read the menus time and time again for each trip. For this trip we are booked at Fulton's Crab House in DTD and the Bluezoo which is at the Dolphin or the Swan. I don't think the Bluezoo is cheap but it is my present to my fiance as he loves to eat. We always like Le Cellier in Canada. I am sure people will disagree with me but I think the portions and the price is really good at TRex in DTD. I can usually find a coupon for $10 off too. We love eating at Ohana's at the Poly too. A big surprise on one of recent trips was the inexpensive sit down at the Wilderness Lodge. Guess I am starting to not be any help as we love so many places. Check out the menus at allears and have a great trip!

jennifer_and_nick
03-04-2010, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the ideas!