PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Roast at Rose & Crown

TinkerBelle_325
03-03-2010, 02:40 PM
Does anyone know what cut of meat the Sunday Roast is? Do they offer you any choice in terms of cooking temperature (medium rare, medium etc.)

We added R&C as a last minute addition to our March trip and we haven't been since 2007.

I know that I want the Potato & Leek soup to start...I can still remember how yummy it was! The roast seems like a really appealing entree. Any other suggestions?

I'm leery of the fish and chips because we usualy get halibut here, how is thye cod? Is there a very strong flavor to it? Thanks!

ncc1701
03-03-2010, 03:45 PM
pooh: Can't answer the question about the Roast but I can chime in on the fish & chips. They are great :thumbsup2 My DH who is not as big a fan of F & C as I am thought they were the best he tasted.(He always tries a bite or 2 of my meal;))
I don't think the cod is too strong. When given a choice I prefer cod over the
halibut.
You can get a smaller portion of the F & C at the QS stand at the Rose & Crown if you want to give them a try for lunch.

JDUCKY
03-03-2010, 03:53 PM
My DD got the Sunday Roast. I don't recall her being able to specify how it was to be cooked but it could be something I just wasn't paying attention to.

It was quite good but a bit salty.

MsCoz2000
03-03-2010, 08:43 PM
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg161/MsCoz2000/IMG_4478.jpg

SuzieN
03-03-2010, 10:15 PM
My 2 cents on the cod - I am used to nice flaky haddock and I found the cod to be rubbery. Yuck!! I know a lot of people really like it but it's definitely NOT for me!

TinkerBelle_325
03-04-2010, 09:21 AM
My 2 cents on the cod - I am used to nice flaky haddock and I found the cod to be rubbery. Yuck!! I know a lot of people really like it but it's definitely NOT for me!

That is my number 1 concern. I'm used to very flaky, light fish in my fish & chips and cod strikes me as a denser, heavier fish, I think it might be more a textural thing than a taste thing.

I see the Sunday Roast looks more like a Pot Roast, kinda odd that it comes with Mashed potatoes AND roasted potatoes :confused3

MsCoz2000
03-04-2010, 05:23 PM
That is my number 1 concern. I'm used to very flaky, light fish in my fish & chips and cod strikes me as a denser, heavier fish, I think it might be more a textural thing than a taste thing.

I see the Sunday Roast looks more like a Pot Roast, kinda odd that it comes with Mashed potatoes AND roasted potatoes :confused3

If you are talking about what is in the top right corner... it's actually an onion ring with the "yorkshire pudding" in the center.