PDA

View Full Version : Adult Dinner Recommendations

DrMomof3
03-03-2010, 08:51 AM
I just scored a work trip to Disney in April and my DH will be coming with me. We'd already scheduled a family trip for August so we're leaving the kids behind this time. This will be a short trip (Fri to Sun). We're staying at YC (which is where my conference is). I already booked a Friday night dinner at Yachtsman. We'll have all day Saturday to spend at a park (likely Epcot) and I'm looking for dinner ideas for Saturday night. I'd prefer something close to where we're staying (Boardwalk area or Epcot) and something more "adult" since this will be a break from the kids. We're New Yorkers with pretty open minds (my DH doesn't eat pork and I won't eat anything with curry in it but those are our only restrictions).

We're eating at Bluezoo in August (with kids - KNO will babysit) so I don't want to do that in April. We've done Victoria and Albert's and California Grille in the past. I wouldn't rule them out but I like trying new places, too. And it's probably too late for an ADR at those places anyway.

My short-list so far (but open to suggestions) is: Bistro de Paris, Tokyo Dining (we're doing Teppan Edo with the kids), Flying Fish. (My DH doesn't have an opinion which makes this tougher!)

Opinions???

Thanks,
Amanda

nigel-bigel
03-03-2010, 09:22 AM
Well, my first idea was bluezoo, but you've already got that in the works. At Epcot, Bistro de Paris. Definitely.

Flying Fish is good, but I remember it being noisy. Once you are on the Boardwalk head on over to Jellyrolls for a few drinks and the dueling pianos.

Cab fares to aren't too pricey, consider going to another resort. Citricos or Artist's Point?

Have a great time - lucky you!

Nicole

nigel-bigel
03-03-2010, 09:45 AM
Well, my first idea was bluezoo, but you've already got that in the works. At Epcot, Bistro de Paris. Definitely.

Flying Fish is good, but I remember it being noisy. Once you are on the Boardwalk head on over to Jellyrolls for a few drinks and the dueling pianos.

Cab fares to aren't too pricey, consider going to another resort. Citricos or Artist's Point?

Have a great time - lucky you!

Nicole

Pakey
03-03-2010, 11:14 AM
Bistro is going to be more adult than Flying Fish. We usually dine here for our last meal on every trip and have had very good experiences. The food at Flying Fish is very good; it's my favorite of the restaurants on Disney's Dining Plan, but the place can be noisy.

DrMomof3
03-03-2010, 11:32 AM
I think I care more about food quality than noise. I found California Grille incredibly noisy but we still really enjoyed our meal. I would make a late-ish reservation (although it seems that many children are still eating dinner late at Disney!) to try to avoid as many young children as possible. (I love children but this is a child-free trip for us so I don't necessarily want to eat with a bunch of toddlers!)

Amanda

DrMomof3
03-04-2010, 10:36 AM
Any opinions on Tokyo Dining?

Amanda

MickeyNicki
03-04-2010, 10:39 AM
for DH and I our choices are:

Fultons
Flying Fish
Citricos
Cali Grill
Wave
BlueZoo
Il Mulino

You cannot go wrong with signature places YUM!

JoQuo711
03-04-2010, 10:42 AM
I ate in Tokyo Dining last May and really enjoyed it. Had a pretty nice sized plate of sushi and tempura for a reasonable price (by Disney standards). They have an a la carte sushi menu as well, but I'm not sure how that would work if you are using the meal plan (or if it would work at all). My friend ordered off that and he said the sushi was good, if a little overpriced. But what food in Disney isn't at least a little overpriced? heh

The decor in the restaurant is nice (modern), and you can watch the sushi chefs at work. Also has windows in the front if you get a seating around Illuminations and get lucky with the tables.

TigerKat
03-04-2010, 12:32 PM
We dined at Il Mulino for the first time last month and were blown away by it. It is our new favorite restaurant anywhere!!!:thumbsup2

DrMomof3
03-04-2010, 01:18 PM
Because it's a work trip, we won't have DDP so that's a non-issue. I'm leaning towards Tokyo Dining because Yachtsman will be a big, heavy meal and we might like something lighter the 2nd night. Plus, I love sushi and especially sake. Do they have a decent sake selection?
My biggest question mark is if we should go to Bistro instead because it sounds very quiet and romantic.

Amanda

Pakey
03-04-2010, 01:21 PM
I think the food quality and presentation is much better at Bistro than at Tokyo Dining.

Joyful Pixiedust
03-04-2010, 02:31 PM
Here's another thumbs-up for Tokyo Dining. Dining there later in the evening, we've gotten a front-window table twice in 2 visits, although it's just as nice to stand on the deck in front and watch Illuminations, IMO.

I also found the relative percentage of young kids very low, as many kids have no interest in sushi, or at least their parents don't think they will. The sushi is great, as is the Tempura offerings. I can't address the sake as they have a cocktail called a Midori with the melon liquer of the same name, and I always go for that!

I have not dined at Bistro de Paris, so I can't compare the two, but I hope this helps!

Have fun!
:banana:

Eeyore2003
03-04-2010, 04:15 PM
Kouzzina on the Boardwalk has excellent food. More of a fresh Mediterranean atmosphere and you can just have a nice walk around the lake to get there, or the boat I guess.

DrMomof3
03-04-2010, 07:30 PM
Thanks for all of the suggestions. I finally settled on Bistro de Paris. We have excellent sushi at home and we eat sushi regularly. I thought Bistro sounded a touch more romantic and I think will be as quiet and peaceful as Disney can be. I got an 8pm reservation and hopefully it'll be good!

Amanda