PDA

View Full Version : Mickeys backyard bqe

TONNIE
03-03-2010, 07:48 AM
I need help making up my mind on this? We are traveling in aug with my friend and her two sons 8 and 10. She insists on doing this this year however my children are 12 and 13. My daugher 13 says she is too old for character dining my son could care less.

My question is ...is it really that bad? will all the kids be bored? I am really thinking about letting her go and using my dining credits for epcot resturants. pleeese help me get it together.:)

Hannathy
03-03-2010, 08:25 AM
I would let her go with her kids and you and your older kids go to a rest. they want to go to in Epcot for 2 reasons:

Your older kids would probably prefer trying a rest. from another country because they are older and don't care about characters and would rather try different food than American barbecue. (mine never cared about the characters either, especially at that age)
At that age my DD picked out all our rest. she really liked trying all the different cuisine.

2. It is always good to have a break from other families when you are traveling together! A long dinner apart fills the bill.

Or all do the HDDR that is a great show for all ages.

TONNIE
03-03-2010, 11:39 AM
Thats exactly what I was thinking. Thanks Hannathy. My husband said to do hdd too but we usually do it every year and the kids didnt like luau at disney. The one at sea world was wonderful.

I booked le Cellier and Tappen Ego for us and the bbq and chef mickeys for her...lol

Hannathy
03-03-2010, 01:28 PM
IMO you made the right choice!

12 and 13 is such a world apart from 8 & 10. Your kids will enjoy the different sit down meals because they are old/mature enough and the younger ones will like the more kid oriented ones. And if you've done HDDR that many times then yea I'd give it a break.

(mine didn't like the luau either!)

Donaldswife
03-03-2010, 01:41 PM
FWIW, I am in my 30's and I really enjoyed the rope trick at Mickey's Backyard BBQ.....but I can understand wanting to go to Epcot instead, there are so many great restaurants there to choose from! Not to mention, a break from extended family is usually a good thing. :thumbsup2

Princess Sleepy
03-03-2010, 02:43 PM
Can I piggy-back on this topic? I am debating between the HDDR and Mickey's BBQ. My DDs will be 6 and 4. Which one is better foodwise and entertainment-wise?

willowsnn3
03-03-2010, 08:22 PM
Can I piggy-back on this topic? I am debating between the HDDR and Mickey's BBQ. My DDs will be 6 and 4. Which one is better foodwise and entertainment-wise?

We did the BBQ last year with a 7yr old, 8yr old, and 15 yr old. They all loved it!!! And heck that guy with the lasso.........:thumbsup2 Food was ok. Just wish they had had condiments for the hot dogs & burgers tho. Plenty of beer & wine, and Mickey bars:lovestruc We want to do the HDD this year.