PDA

View Full Version : If you could do 1 TS Breakfast....

DisneyBoundinDec
03-02-2010, 07:12 PM
Where would it be?

We are going to be staying at the Poly and I am looking to make 1 breakfast TS ADR during our stay..probably on a day when we are not doing rope drop.. where is the best breakfast meal to be had?? TIA :thumbsup2

quirty30
03-02-2010, 07:17 PM
If you're not going to make a rope drop, why not allow yourself a nice easy morning and eat right at Kona Cafe (and they do have a really good breakfast as well!)

katepass72
03-02-2010, 07:18 PM
Are you wanting a character meal or just table service in general? We really loved the Wave at the Contemporary; great omelets & smoothies.

KatMark
03-02-2010, 07:40 PM
For a character meal, definitely the Crystal Palace with an 8:05 a.m. ADR for early entrance on Main Street. For a non-character meal, definitely Boma at the AKL.

Luv4Dis
03-02-2010, 07:41 PM
I have always LOVED Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary! I also really enjoy Crystal Palace in MK. Both are character breakfast buffets and tend to be busy and noisy. I have always had yummy food and a great experience!

teacup princess
03-02-2010, 07:55 PM
I loved Tusker House. It just had a great variety of foods that my kids would eat. Character interaction is okay. They really rush the character through like clockwork but it was fun.

Disfan3
03-02-2010, 07:56 PM
I agree! An early entrance ADR to Crystal Palace!!!

bunkkinsmom
03-02-2010, 07:58 PM
Oh Akershus!!!! FOR SURE!!!! Amazing, great characters, and hashbrowns that I would hurt people for!!

PalmettoPrincess
03-02-2010, 08:27 PM
I haven't been to either, but I really want to go to Kona for TONGA TOAST and Boma for BF. I vote those so I can live vicariously through others. haha

jacksmom
03-02-2010, 09:05 PM
Kona!:cheer2: We look forward to Tonga Toast!:rotfl:

jdisnut
03-02-2010, 09:19 PM
I loved Tusker House. It just had a great variety of foods that my kids would eat. Character interaction is okay. They really rush the character through like clockwork but it was fun.
I tried Donald's Safari Breakfast in January for the first time, and it is my new favorite character meal. It's definitely a good option.

Considering you are staying at the Polynesian, Kona Cafe is the obvious choice. It's convenient and located steps away from the monorail station.

That said, my absolute favorite table service breakfast -- and the only one I really think is worth having -- is at Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I realize it is nowhere near your resort, and without a car, it will be nearly impossible to get there, but the food there is delicious. It is a step above the other breakfasts on property.

Pooh&OurHunny
03-02-2010, 09:28 PM
For a none park breakfast, I would recommend Grand Floridian Cafe and Boma.

DisneyBoundinDec
03-03-2010, 06:53 AM
Oh Akershus!!!! FOR SURE!!!! Amazing, great characters, and hashbrowns that I would hurt people for!!

:lmao: that good huh??

Thanks everyone! :thumbsup2 I will have to research each a little more.. I think we may do Kona for dinner.. and we can get tonga toast at CC. hmm.. all the decisions!

Belle72
03-03-2010, 08:47 AM
Polynesian has a fun character breakfast- Lilo and Stitch and friends (Pluto and Mickey) at 'Ohana. It was my husband's and kids' favorite last year. Not a buffet, which I liked. And I asked for coffee from kona...really good coffee. 'Ohana is right in your resort!

Brook1099
03-03-2010, 08:59 AM
We are trying Grand Floridian Cafe this year for the Lobster Egg Benedict.

We have had
Crystal Palace I really enjoyed my DH not so much, kids loved characters
Tusker House we both enjoyed and kids again loved character
Boma we all enjoyed.
Cape May Clambake we all really love it here and the Chip and Dale are the best in my opinion.

Also would like to try Kona's breakfast (next time)

elizabethswan
03-03-2010, 09:08 AM
just got back from our trip. we loved crystal palace, kona ,chef mickeys, tusker house for breakfast. we were not impressed with ohana for breakfast. crystal palace would be our fav i think, but honestly ,the pancakes and tonga toast at kona are soo great. i would consider what park you would like early entry to as well. crystal palace gets you into mk early if it's not an emh morning and the same for tusker at ak. tusker was a surprise for us because we liked both lunch and dinner more than we expected to. re: chef mickeys, that was very good as well, but we had an early adr 7:30 so the buffet was still pristine and the atmosphere not chaotic as some have reported. good luck!

JoePa4Ever
03-03-2010, 09:37 AM
Crystal Palace is our favorite breakfast - love the puffed french toast :worship:

aubriee
03-04-2010, 03:40 AM
We are trying Grand Floridian Cafe this year for the Lobster Egg Benedict.

We have had
Crystal Palace I really enjoyed my DH not so much, kids loved characters
Tusker House we both enjoyed and kids again loved character
Boma we all enjoyed.
Cape May Clambake we all really love it here and the Chip and Dale are the best in my opinion.

Also would like to try Kona's breakfast (next time)

We had breakfast at Cape May this past Dec and Chip and Dale were no longer there. We had Minnie, Goofy, and Donald that day. We enjoyed it though.

We love Bomas for breakfast however. I ate there this past Oct and then went back again in Dec. You can either drive there or catch the early morning character bus to AK, then catch a bus over to AKL. That's what I did both trips and it didn't really take that long. Then again I was very lucky to catch the buses just right. An AKL bus was pulling up just as I got off my bus at AK.

DaniB
03-04-2010, 05:33 AM
That said, my absolute favorite table service breakfast -- and the only one I really think is worth having -- is at Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I realize it is nowhere near your resort, and without a car, it will be nearly impossible to get there, but the food there is delicious. It is a step above the other breakfasts on property.

We want to try Boma (Flavours of Africia) the day we visit Animal Kingdom park. HOW hard is it to get there then? I thought it would be a short bus trip from AK park to AKL.

Disney71
03-04-2010, 06:25 AM
If you want your TS in a park, I would go with Crystal Palace..... (another lover of the puffed french toast here!)

If you want a relaxed atmosphere, with healthier options I would go with Wave at CR. (Great smoothies and tea selections)

If you want a breakfast item you can't get other places, go to Kona for the Tonga Toast - YUM!

(I know you said one TS... but narrowing down to one is just too hard :lmao:)

mommyoftwinz
03-04-2010, 06:39 AM
Liberty Tree Tavern

DisneyBoundinDec
03-04-2010, 06:49 AM
If you want your TS in a park, I would go with Crystal Palace..... (another lover of the puffed french toast here!)

If you want a relaxed atmosphere, with healthier options I would go with Wave at CR. (Great smoothies and tea selections)

If you want a breakfast item you can't get other places, go to Kona for the Tonga Toast - YUM!

(I know you said one TS... but narrowing down to one is just too hard :lmao:)
I know!:lmao: it's too hard to narrow it down!! We are not big breakfast people.. but everyone now and then like to eat a big breakfast that is why I was going to try to schedule at least one. Probably on a non RD day or on a no park day.. we are staying at the poly so we will probably do Kona and Ohana for lunch/dinner.. we can get the tonga toast any day so I don't think I want to waste a breakfast for it..
My kids aren't big on the characters.. they are more ride people.. so the character interaction isn't that big of a deal.

We are eating at CP for lunch in June.. but I have heard the breakfast is good. don't know if I want to go all the way to AKL for breakfast.. plus we are eating at Boma for dinner in June..

hmmm.. so I guess that leaves GF, Chef Mickey's, or Crystal palace, tusker house.. (that's at AK right?)

thank you everyone for your help~

bdiddy
03-04-2010, 07:15 AM
Our favorite breakfast was Donald's Safari Tusker House.

DaniB
03-04-2010, 07:21 AM
n/a

amyy
03-04-2010, 07:29 AM
I like the food at Crystal Palace but I just love the atmosphere at Ohana. The food was good there to but just not the variety of the Crystal Palace.

dzorn
03-04-2010, 08:04 AM

This is the only place on our not to visit for Breakfast again. Not good food character interaction was hurried not enjoyable.

For Character I would just say Ohana since you are at the Poly. Not as big of a selection as other but great character interaction and good tasting food. You could sleep in a bit and relax over breakfast. We also like Cape May for character interaction. Non Character we really like Boma breakfast.

Denise in MI

Carrie772
03-04-2010, 08:14 AM
I have always LOVED Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary! I also really enjoy Crystal Palace in MK. Both are character breakfast buffets and tend to be busy and noisy. I have always had yummy food and a great experience!

Chef Mickey's is my vote. Monorail over, eat, then walk over to MK! Fun!

For a faster and quieter b'fast, I vote for Kona Cafe and Tonga Toast with side of Macadamia Nut Pancakes.

katepass72
03-04-2010, 08:44 AM
Crystal Palace is our favorite breakfast - love the puffed french toast :worship:

Oooh, I'm another lover of the puffed french toast too. Actually tried to recreate it at home. Just not the same;). Crystal Palace is a great place if you're looking for a TS in one of the parks. Enjoy!

MickeyNicki
03-04-2010, 09:36 AM
When you stay at Poly you have to eat at Kona, it is fantastic!

JasonDVC
03-04-2010, 09:40 AM
Word on the streets is that the best breakfast on site is at Boma. :thumbsup2

Keep in mind that there are no characters there.

HunnyJar
03-04-2010, 10:11 AM
My family are huge fans of 'Ohana for breakfast. We love the breads they offer (one is a Hawaiian/pineapple bread and the other was like a cinnamon bread) and the fresh fruit. So good and they will bring you more. The potatoes they offer were very tasty and I think I might have had three spoonfuls. :thumbsup2 I'm generally not an egg lover, but the scrambled eggs were really good! I normally eat a lot of fruit for breakfast, but at that breakfast I ate more potatoes and eggs than anything else. I left the meat to my husband and son and boy did they fight over who was going to get more of it. The bacon looked thick and crispy and my husband who is VERY picky about sausage actually ordered more.

The characters were friendly and came by at least three times during our meal. If you don't already know who the characters are they are.. Lilo, Stitch, Mickey and Pluto! It's the best friend's breakfast. The kids parade looked like a lot of fun for the kids. (My son is 14 and my daughter just turned 1, so we didn't participate this year!) We have done this breakfast numerous time and it has yet to fail us. This is another one that we will do when we go back. :thumbsup2 OH! And I read on another thread that for an additional fee you can order Tonga Toast!

Skylarr29
03-04-2010, 11:29 AM
Liberty Tree Tavern

Liberty Tree Tavern does not serve breakfast.

Boma is very good as well as the Kona Cafe. I would eat at Kona just because of the convenience.

DisneyBoundinDec
03-04-2010, 02:22 PM
When you stay at Poly you have to eat at Kona, it is fantastic!

we plan to eat there for lunch or dinner in Nov,

ok guys.. you were suppose to make this easier!! :lmao: Now I am hungry and no step close to narrowing it down..

Pirate Dad
03-04-2010, 02:52 PM
We've got ADR's for 1900 Park Fare at GF for the Supercalafragalistic Buffet breakfast... anyone been? Your opinion?

Golf4food
03-04-2010, 03:00 PM
Grand Floridian Cafe - maple vanilla french toast (also eggs benedict and other great items). Lovely setting, very pleasant and beautiful and generally not overly crowded as most WDW guests probably don't even know it exists.

Kona would be my second choice for a non-park TS breakfast.

jdisnut
03-04-2010, 03:02 PM
We want to try Boma (Flavours of Africia) the day we visit Animal Kingdom park. HOW hard is it to get there then? I thought it would be a short bus trip from AK park to AKL.
That's all it is, but it always seems to take longer than you would think. Saying it was "nearly impossible" was a vast exaggeration, but definitely leave extra time to make the bus transfer at the Animal Kingdom park.

Cinders Mum
03-04-2010, 03:05 PM
Crystal Palace OR Kona Cafe and Macadamia Nut pancakes... yummmm

HunnyJar
03-04-2010, 03:07 PM
We've got ADR's for 1900 Park Fare at GF for the Supercalafragalistic Buffet breakfast... anyone been? Your opinion?

Just did this on Feb 28th and loved it. The food was very good and the characters came around at least three times. While I'm not a very fan of eggs, the scrambled eggs with cheese were quite tasty. The fruit was fresh and I thought they had a good selection of food overall. I especially loved the bagel offerings.

The Mad Hatter definitely lived up to his name! Alice and Mary Poppins were also very good, but we preferred Pooh and Tigger. Pooh noticed that I was taking all the pictures at our table on his second visit to our table and handed the camera to my husband so I could be in a picture, too. :lovestruc So cute! All the characters were great with our 1 year old daughter and also kept our 14 year old son involved in the conversation. :thumbsup2