PDA

View Full Version : Which code would work best for me?

diskris
03-02-2010, 03:55 PM
I am trying to figure out which code would work best for me and my sister. We will be heading down to WDW around 8/31-9/7.

I will be renewing my AP, and I believe I can take my GADGAD pass towards that?

My sister will be buying a new AP upgrading from her GADGAD pass.

We are going to get DDP and stay at a Value.

Do we get the free QSDP (hopefully it will come out soon!), purchase 1 day tickets, and also upgrade the QSDP to the regular DP?

OR

Do we use our AP rate (I don't know what the percentage it would have to be to make it worth it) and purchase the DDP?

I am not good with numbers and I keep trying to figure out what the percentage would have to be to make the AP worth purchasing the regular DDP.

My head is spinning! Any help anyone can give would be greatly appreciated! :worship:

beth_cam
03-02-2010, 04:38 PM
Without knowing what codes may come out, we can only play what if. And for comparing, you have to look at no matter which deal you will be getting the exact same thing.

I am going to ignore your AP passes/GAD since that seems like no matter what deal you get, they will be used the same.

I think the best AP discount you could hope for would be 40%. The regular rate on a std value room those nights is $82+tax. So for 7 nights with 40% off you would get about $400 for the room. Again to compare to getting Free dining, we need to add dining to that (AP holders can do this now without adding tickets.) QSDP costs about $450 for 7 nights for 2 adults. DDP costs about $590. Lower discount would obviously make your room rate increase. So if you were able to get an AP rate of 40% off -
QSD = $850
DDP = $990

Free QSDP would mean that you had your hotel room at regular price, and buy 1 day tickets. This would total about $840. Upgrading to DDp would add about $140. So If you were able to get Free QSDP -
QSD = 840
DDP = 980

So it looks like a 40% savings on the room is about equal to free QSDP for 2 adults. The smaller the AP discount is the more Free QSDP would save.

diskris
03-02-2010, 08:51 PM
Thanks so much! That really helped me out!