PDA

View Full Version : Columbia Harbor House ? Tuna experts please

pooh2001
03-02-2010, 11:51 AM
At Columbia Harbor House there is alot of fried foods our DS & DD would eat.
DH would love the salad - his type of food.

For me, DW, a bit picky about my tuna...

The Anchors Aweigh Sandwich - White tuna with lettuce and tomato served on a toasted multi-grain bread. Served with chips or carrots.

Could you tell me if they add mayo to the tuna ?
If mayo is added - is it on the light side or drenching the tuna ?

Do they add celery or onions to the tuna ?

Thanks!

jess20k
03-02-2010, 01:53 PM
At Columbia Harbor House there is alot of fried foods our DS & DD would eat.
DH would love the salad - his type of food.

For me, DW, a bit picky about my tuna...

The Anchors Aweigh Sandwich - White tuna with lettuce and tomato served on a toasted multi-grain bread. Served with chips or carrots.

Could you tell me if they add mayo to the tuna ?
If mayo is added - is it on the light side or drenching the tuna ?

Do they add celery or onions to the tuna ?

Thanks!

There is mayo in it, the two times that I have ordered it, the mayo was more on the light side. I am 99% sure there was celery in it as well, but hopefully someone else could tell you for sure.

I really enjoyed it, I thought it was good, and I am not a huge fan of tuna sandwiches usually.

bellebookworm9
03-02-2010, 02:47 PM
I am curious about this as well. Awhile back I read a dining review that said there was sweet relish in it (which I like) but then I saw a review from several months later that said the relish was gone. I think tuna without relish is bland and would like to know what I'm getting myself into.

tkbk
03-02-2010, 02:56 PM
I just had this sandwich there in November. I tried it because of the good reviews and I enjoy a good tuna sandwich. I can tell you I do not care for mayo so any Tuna sandwich I enjoy must be light on the mayo. This was a very good sandy I really liked it.

Leota
03-02-2010, 02:57 PM
There is definately no relish in the Tuna. I love the Anchors Aweigh & I can't stand relish in my tuna. The mayo is on the light side, the tuna is in nice chunks, there is celery & I would guess a little lemon. I don't recall tasting raw onion in it at all.

I have no idea what else they do to their tuna, but that Tuna sandwich is the best tuna sandwich I've ever had, anywhere. :thumbsup2

2minny
03-02-2010, 03:07 PM
This sounds great! I need to try it, nice change from the usual! Especially since it's not dripping with mayo....ewwwww.

Jill Schwartz
03-02-2010, 03:12 PM
I've eaten at least one of their tuna sandwichs every trip, so thats at least 4 but I can't tell ya exactly what is in them! I am just pretty certain that its not sweet relish nor raw onion b/c I don't care for either. But there is something else in there b/c there is a bit of crunch and nice flavor.

beroh2253
03-02-2010, 03:29 PM
I have no clue what is in this tuna sand but I think it is the best tasting tuna sand I have ever eaten.

pooh2001
03-02-2010, 03:35 PM
Thanks - the tuna sounds great :thumbsup2
Light mayo, a little bit of celery and a touch of lemon and white chucks of tuna - yummy.

My DD and DH may also like it too. DS will do the chicken fingers and fries.

Now for our Keys to the Kingdom tour I will order the Anchors Aweigh Sandwich with carrots.

Thank you so much for your reviews !

gwtw428
03-02-2010, 04:05 PM
Had the tuna in October and LOVED it..light in the mayo...the bread was really good too!

stitchlover
03-02-2010, 04:51 PM
So glad I stumbled upon this thread. I try to eat healthy but have been wanting to order this sandwich. Now that I know it's not drowning in mayo I will feel better about ordering it. Thanks for the information!