PDA

View Full Version : Just Back from 2/20 - 2/27 Western- Where 'plan B' eventually became 'plan w'

shinez
02-28-2010, 12:08 PM
Hi All!
Exhaused and back from the Magic- detours, changes and big surf made for a trip with a lot of stories! First time cruisers are back! Newbies, we can help with questions!

platinumcruzer
02-28-2010, 12:11 PM
Hi All!
Exhaused and back from the Magic- detours, changes and big surf made for a trip with a lot of stories! First time cruisers are back! Newbies, we can help with questions!
Do I dare ask the details?

DisFamily10
02-28-2010, 12:18 PM
What shore excursions did you do? How were they? What do wish you would have packed?

shinez
02-28-2010, 12:33 PM
What shore excursions did you do? How were they? What do wish you would have packed?

Too funny!! Daring to ask details! We did have 2 out of 6 come down with 'something'- a 24 hour vomiting thing...but we found out if you contact the ships nurse, you quite possibly all could be quarintined for 3 days, so we had the sick one hibernate in the cabin and got room service- it was a little tight! Also, if I did this again I would NOT book my excursions till the morning- no weather reports were ever given, really- and getting re-routed from Grand Cayman to Nassau really screwed things up- then we went to Atlantis (at 160 a pop) and it was sunny but the wind was blowing between 35-45 mph- really!! It was FREEZNG! So, I would plan what I really wanted to do- pick 3 for each port and wing it that day..would save a BUNDLE of stress and $$! We also packed WAY to much..the over the door thingy was great, as well as a nightlight- do pack a travel alarm clock or i just used my phone... the shelving thing, didn't need that- a shawl is a smart thing for the dining rooms and shows- can get chilly!! Also- get the PATCH!! We were a rockin and a rolling!!

tigger2002
02-28-2010, 12:38 PM
How was the weather and water at Cozumel and Castaway Cay?

<

shinez
02-28-2010, 12:45 PM
How was the weather and water at Cozumel and Castaway Cay?

<

Cozumel was fantastic, went to Nachi Comun? A private beach club with only 100 ppl- which was nice- Cozumel the town was a pit- people harassing you every 3 feet to buy junk- kids felt nervous- Castaway Cay was Beautiful!! A perfect 10!! Warm water, blue skies, and ice cream!! A great way to end the cruise!! We were figuring with our luck, we wouldn't be able to dock...but it was seamless!!

mousefan64
02-28-2010, 12:57 PM
Glad you still had fun

spygeocacher
02-28-2010, 01:35 PM
Castaway Cay was Beautiful!! A perfect 10!! Warm water, blue skies, and ice cream!! A great way to end the cruise!! We were figuring with our luck, we wouldn't be able to dock...but it was seamless!! What a great way to end the cruise, I agree!:thumbsup2 The whole family loved Castaway Cay and can't wait to hopefully try to do our next Disney Cruise.:thumbsup2 Thank you everyone for the FE, the kids loved all of the gifts!:goodvibes

jimmyc17
02-28-2010, 01:42 PM
Glad to hear it.