PDA

View Full Version : Worried I might have blown it.

Renosiris
02-28-2010, 03:05 AM
I have been getting emails for pins for the last year, but not the one I need.

The last email I got was for the free dining plan until Nov 1st. Trouble is my dates are Nov 5th -15th. I wanted to hold out a little longer and see if any deals came up, but we're worried about losing our rooms because we need them connected. We booked.

I was hoping that I might still get an email with a pin for the 20/30/40. My mother is paying for the trip as a gift, and she really wants us to be in a moderate but I won't! I feel bad spending MORE of her money than she will be already. If I can get a pin than I will.

Do you think I blew my chance of getting that pin now that I've booked?

ancestry
02-28-2010, 08:02 AM
I'm not sure as the whole entire pin process seems to be so inconsistent. I will tell you that I have never received a PIN once I already had a trip booked but I know from reading the boards that others have.

Maybe you will get a little bit of pixie dust! :)

disneybliss2
02-28-2010, 08:23 AM
We received a pin for the first time for this upcoming trip. I had already booked our trip. We received it about a month and a half to two months after I already had the reservation. I just called Disney and they adjusted my rate by using the pin.
Don't stress...I think you did the right thing. If it's meant to be for you to get a pin, then you will and you can modify your reservation or adjust the rate you're paying. I think it's too chancy to wait and see if you get a pin because it sounds so random of who gets one. At least now you know you have your reservation.

Renosiris
02-28-2010, 10:07 AM
Thank you both.

I will both give up and be patient at the same time lol.

mlittig
02-28-2010, 11:40 AM
Renosiris, :welcome: to the DIS boards and good luck getting a pin :wave: Just keep checking because who knows, they might add another public discount for your dates :tinker:

Renosiris
02-28-2010, 06:37 PM
Thank you for the warm welcome.

I called today to see if there was pins on my account and no luck. Which..is weird because I do have some pins on emails already.

Anyhow, last night actually had a DREAM about getting emails with pins. I woke up all excited thinking that it had happened in real life, until I realized I had only dreamed it all. :rotfl2:

DisneyBoundinDec
02-28-2010, 06:54 PM

The last email I got was for the free dining plan until Nov 1st. Trouble is my dates are Nov 5th -15th. I wanted to hold out a little longer and see if any deals came up, but we're worried about losing our rooms because we need them connected. We booked.

I was hoping that I might still get an email with a pin for the 20/30/40. My mother is paying for the trip as a gift, and she really wants us to be in a moderate but I won't! I feel bad spending MORE of her money than she will be already. If I can get a pin than I will.

Is the reservation in both of your names?? My emails address is the one that is in the Disney system. We had 2 trips booked.. one in June and one in November.. I did everything everyone here tells you to do, but didn't get a code. THEN I used my husbands email address, saved a few reservations.. talked to a CM online.. and bam.. 1 week later got the 40% pin.. if your mom is on the reservation too.. try to do everything in her name/email on line.. then maybe the pin will come to her. :thumbsup2 Good luck!!!

DISNEY1975
02-28-2010, 07:54 PM

No. Mym mother gets pin after pin after pin after pin. When one runs out, she gets another for the next block of dates. There is not a single day in the year she is not covered by some pin and she booked her trips every other year or so. If you are on their list, with what I have seen, you will continue to get them.

GL!

MickeysFans
02-28-2010, 09:36 PM
I have not had any luck either, but I will try DH's email and see if that helps.

Rylee
03-01-2010, 07:18 AM
Friends of ours were already booked for this April and received the Free Quick Service Dining pin code for the same time frame.

PIRATEGIRL007
03-02-2010, 12:27 PM
We already had 3 trips booked for 2010 when I got my first pin, so no worries I dont think it matters at all. I actually cancelled all them and then rebooked 2 w/ the pin code when we got the, then cancelled again and swapped to the AP room rate and I still got another PIN for free QSDP today.

notaclue
03-02-2010, 12:30 PM
Last year we got a postcard about free dining right after we booked with free dining. This year we got 2 postcards about the 20/30/40 discount. I wish the mouse would quit sending me these great offers cause I can't say no to the little mouse.

PrincessJewels
03-02-2010, 03:55 PM
For what it is worth, I just got another pin and I already tentatively booked through Disney with a previous pin.

Not 100% sure we are going but the res are made. ;)

LittleStinkerbelle
03-02-2010, 04:57 PM
I've gotten PINs after I've booked a few times. Sometimes they were for the same dates we had booked sometimes not.

I just called hoping there was a PIN for me for October but there wasn't. I had them hold a reservation with the AAA discount but then decided to cancel and hold out for a better discount. We'll see what happens. Every morning when I log onto my email I hope to see a PIN but so far nothin'.