PDA

View Full Version : Luggage?

DisneyTravelers2008
02-27-2010, 10:36 PM
This probably seems like and odd question...but...what kind of luggage do you take on a cruise? I usually use the soft, quilted Vera Bradley bags (the large duffle bag) when I travel. Do I need a a "traditional " style suitcase? Do we carry it on or do we check it in like at the air port? Im such a cruise line newbie!!:thumbsup2 :rotfl2: :rotfl:

tvguy
02-27-2010, 11:27 PM
Personal preference really. However, I just would never be comfortable with anything but hardsided luggage (with a luggage strap on it). Seen too many ripped softsided bags on airport baggage conveyor belts with stuff falling out.
DW and I used to travel a lot and invested in a set of Delsey hardsided luggage back in 1984. They're scuffed and gouged and scraped up, but going strong 26 years later. Best I can recall they've been on 6 cruises and about 100 flights.
About 2 months ago I was in the travel store I bought my suitcases from and asked the owner which is sold the most of. He said softsided by far. He said a lot of his customers want to make a fashion statement with their luggage so buy new luggage every few years!!!! Well, 26 year old hardsided luggage pretty much sum up my interest in fashion!!:lmao:

kcashner
02-28-2010, 12:02 AM
It is totally your choice whether to check your luggage and have it delivered to your cabin or to carry it yourself. Most people check their large bags. There's also a huge difference between a 3 night cruise and a 14 night one!