PDA

View Full Version : Pin trading?

AmandEm
02-27-2010, 09:39 PM
Can someone please explain the pin trading thing to a first time cruiser? lol Where do you get pins to trade? I really have no idea at all....sorry. :rolleyes:

kcashner
02-27-2010, 11:34 PM
You buy the pins to trade. There are some "less expensive" sets that you can buy...like sets of 2 pins of each princess; one to save, one to trade is the theory. you can also buy them on e-bay, sometimes at the Disney store or Disney outlet. Ther rules are that it has to be a real Disney pin with their logo stamped on the back and in good condition. You CAN trade with anyone, but in reality, you trade with CMs.

You can also buy limited edition and cruise line pins that you'd probably want to keep....some are like $10.50 each.

Andrew DEREK UK
02-28-2010, 03:38 AM
As well as the two Disney shops on the ships, they also have PIN trading and sales in the Atrium, most evenings at times advertised in the Navigator. You can buy limited edition and DCL PIN's there.

I found servers trading, and also some people in the shops.

Sometimes on special cruises, such as Panama crossings and the Med, you have to purchase by a filling out a sheet in your room, and these maybe limited per person or per room, and also by lottery dependent on take up.

brianjoy81
02-28-2010, 08:58 AM
I went to disneystore website and found a starter set. They have a few to choose from. My daughter wants to do this at Disney and on the cruise. They had princess set, a mickey, a stitch, I think. I am assuming I can get the princes starter set w/lanyard to get her started.

SkyKnight
02-28-2010, 09:39 AM
The

AmandEm
02-28-2010, 11:06 AM
Thank you for the replies. DD8 is going to LOVE doing this!