PDA

View Full Version : What is Your Family Tradition?

Fastpaks
02-27-2010, 01:45 PM
What is your family tradition?
For me, our family is going on a W 7night cruise in October. We were not supposed to be renting a car and let Disney take care of everything... but I guess from growing up there I just couldn't resist my "childhood" and felt I needed to pass on a little tradition. When I was a kid, we would go to a park in Orlando. It didn't matter which one, but at the end, every time we would go to I-drive and there was a little restaurant called Friendlies (a chain restaurant that is big in the NE like a Denny's). I can remember going there only for an ice cream of some sort. We did this every time. Now, even though I live in STL, when I'm on vacation in Florida, I feel like it just hasn't been a vacation, unless I go there. (2years visiting WDW, I took my wife)I plan on taking my wife & kid the night before we go on our cruise.

Like I said, this isn't much to you may be, but its a huge thing to me. So what is your family thing?

These can be anything you do; go; before,after, during; that you would do on your cruise/vacation. It can be something that you did on a vacation as a kid with your family that you are planning to do with your present day. Did you take a picture at a certain spot on a port area? Stop at a certain place before you had to go on your vacation? May be it was something that your parents made you do that you may not have even liked, but today makes you smile and laugh. I think these would interesting to share.

tvguy
02-27-2010, 02:53 PM
On Cruises (Disney and non-Disney) our family tradition has been DW and I check the "mom" and "dad" role at the gangway. We are our kids friends for the week. We are together 24/7 doing everything together. No Palo, no kids clubs. We would all look at the Navigator and pick what we want to do as a group. There are so many things to do on the ship, we never found time to use the pools!
This just kind of evolved on our first family cruise (on HAL), carried on to our Disney cruise, and on to our NCL America cruise too.

At Disneyland, eating at the ESPN Zone restaurant has become a tradition.

brianjoy81
02-27-2010, 02:56 PM
We don't have one yet, but I am sure hoping to change that next March! It sure wouldn't hurt my feelings any if a WDW/cruise trip became a yearly, maybe even 2 times a year thing. Once in spring, once in the fall.

ColoradoDisneyFreaks
02-27-2010, 03:08 PM
Every year going down to DW the second week of December and dancing with my DD (9) on the streets of America while the Osborne family lights are dancing. This December will mark our 6th straight year.

Have done a cruise every year since 07 but it is not a family tradition as we are uncertain how often we will cruise.

kkmcan
02-27-2010, 04:26 PM
We've done DL so many times that our traditions are:

Drive and arrive around 3pm
After checkin the place we go to is DCA (save DL for our full day next day)
We ride Monsters, Soarin, get a corndog and watch the parade. Then head back to the room early for a good nights sleep.

On Big Thunder we always yell "Goat trick!!!" when we go by the goat.:rotfl:

Plan at least one trip over to Whitewater Snacks for a meal- Nachos!

Princess April
02-27-2010, 08:01 PM
Our family tradition goes waaaaaaaaaay back! Wehn we go to Disney World we MUST:
#1 Go on the Haunted Mansion
#2 Go on Pirates Of The Caribbean
#3 (This one has changed slightly).... We used to "do" The Tiki Room and then get the most delectable orange and vanilla creme ice pops... However time changes things so now we skip the "new" Tiki Room and head strait over for root beer floats (On occasion I'll get a Dole Whip) :thumbsup2. This is a tradition that is on it's 4th generation!!!! :love: