PDA

View Full Version : unlisted but available room service menu items??

disney 2010
02-26-2010, 08:48 PM
I know you can get Mickey Bars from room service and I did it every night on our cruise:banana: One of the great dis board tips I got!!
Are there other Unlisted items??

noahdove
02-26-2010, 10:21 PM
Where can I find the list of room service items? Thanks:)

Hillaryone
02-26-2010, 11:44 PM
Uncrustables peanut butter and jelly sandwich

disney 2010
02-26-2010, 11:54 PM
I don't know of anywhere that there is a room service menu posted.
It's not a large menu but a nice complement; cheese tray, fruit cup sandwiches ( the steak one was yummy) ,burgers, cakes and desserts and a separate continental breakfast menu. :surfweb:

terramei
02-27-2010, 01:04 AM

at ***************** they have the january 2010 menu

disney 2010
02-27-2010, 01:09 AM
Filtered post above made me very curious. "Google Disney cruise room service menu" and you will likely find a nice clear copy:cool1: If not keep looking....it's there:)

jilljill
02-27-2010, 01:15 AM

This is the room service menu link from the FAQ sticky: http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/cr-dining.htm#service

Morty Fieldmouse
02-27-2010, 01:55 AM
Although it doesn't include the "unlisted" items, the menu is on Disney's website:
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/magic/dining/room-service/

caslass
02-27-2010, 04:26 AM
I heard that you can also get the mickey mouse rice krispie treats.

gismo1554
02-27-2010, 06:05 AM
And Mickey Ice Cream Bars

mmouse37
02-27-2010, 07:42 AM
And Mickey Ice Cream Bars

Yes, see OP's first post.

MJ

gismo1554
02-27-2010, 07:46 AM
Yes, see OP's first post.

MJ

OK sorry! Misread the first post as Mickey Treat bars

mmouse37
02-27-2010, 07:52 AM
OK sorry! Misread the first post as Mickey Treat bars

No problem...I figured you must have missed that!!! LOL!!

MJ

eyes4mickey
02-27-2010, 08:48 AM
I heard that you can also get the mickey mouse rice krispie treats.

I had read that you could get the Mickey Rice Krispy treats too. I tried to order them in November, I was told they don't have them.

TaylorsDad
02-27-2010, 09:47 AM
Mickey bars sounds good, nice tip

atinkerbellmom
02-27-2010, 09:51 AM
I had read that you could get the Mickey Rice Krispy treats too. I tried to order them in November, I was told they don't have them.

You can get them sometimes. Not until after the CC reception though. They are the ones that are left over from the reception if they were not all gone at the end. Does that make sense. We got them once by calling because my DD dropped hers and was in tears. So we called and they brought another one up. The CM told me they only make them for the reception but will give them away until they are gone. Does that make sense?

SplashMountainManiac
02-27-2010, 11:31 AM
You can get them sometimes. Not until after the CC reception though. They are the ones that are left over from the reception if they were not all gone at the end. Does that make sense. We got them once by calling because my DD dropped hers and was in tears. So we called and they brought another one up. The CM told me they only make them for the reception but will give them away until they are gone. Does that make sense?

Not completely. They no longer give our mickey mouse rice kris-pies at the Castaway Club parties since they changed the format, but I was still able to get them from room service in January on the Wonder. They also are not made onboard, they are made in Altamonte Springs, FL and usually would come in huge boxes. So it is a possibility that they would run out, but its not highly likely.

kcashner
02-27-2010, 11:41 AM
Back to "what you can get that's not on the menu."

If it is quick and easy to fix and can be made from items that they have readily available, they'll do it for you. They will also alter menu items--for instance, they list a cheeseburger, but will happily supply a hamburger. You can get items with. They list chocolate chip cookies "Big Island cookies," but you can sometimes get raisin oatmeal cookies.

If there is an allergy issue, they are great about doing special items.

jessica52877
02-28-2010, 01:56 AM
I wish I could remember what I had asked if I could get and was told no. I didn't expect it so no big deal although I found it interesting since I thought all they had to do was grab it. It was during 2nd seating dinner, maybe it was pudding. I ended up with a Mickey Bar instead. Wish they would list what we could get, DS would have loved a PB and J sandwich.

Any place to get applesauce on the ship? We went all week without any and that is the only fruit he cares for and usually had 3 servings a day.

eyes4mickey
02-28-2010, 06:53 AM
[QUOTE=SplashMountainManiac;35618839]Not completely. They no longer give our mickey mouse rice kris-pies at the Castaway Club parties since they changed the format, but I was still able to get them from room service in January on the Wonder. They also are not made onboard, they are made in Altamonte Springs, FL and usually would come in huge boxes. So it is a possibility that they would run out, but its not highly likely.[/QUOTE

thanks!! I will try ordering them again in November. The Rice Krispie treats are my favorite!!!

orlandothebeagle
02-28-2010, 08:46 AM
vegi lasagna and steak fries mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
thats on the menu.

Andrew DEREK UK
02-28-2010, 09:12 AM
vegi lasagna and steak fries mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
thats on the menu.

It is nice,

For ease for everyone here is my photo of RS menu 2009.

http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab282/ANDREWPORTER/FLORIDADCL2009073.jpg

I have had many off menu things. just lots of crackers one one of us was sick, Salsa and dips and Tortilla crisps (chips).
Sandwich and rolls.

orlandothebeagle
02-28-2010, 10:40 AM
It is nice,

For ease for everyone here is my photo of RS menu 2009.

http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab282/ANDREWPORTER/FLORIDADCL2009073.jpg

I have had many off menu things. just lots of crackers one one of us was sick, Salsa and dips and Tortilla crisps (chips).
Sandwich and rolls.

I cant wait to cruise again, your pic made me hungry Derek, this cruise we are going on has been booked for years, so near yet so far still. I cant wait to order the cheese and crackers again, thing is,with no verandah not a lot of reason for room service, but last time I ordered the lasagna and took it up to deck ten to eat, much better than the vegi burgers and fries.

orlandothebeagle
02-28-2010, 10:41 AM
Ive just noticed(unless I am blind) no steak fries on the menu, mind they are available folks!

5lilfish
02-28-2010, 10:44 AM
I know you can get Mickey Bars from room service and I did it every night on our cruise:banana: One of the great dis board tips I got!!
Are there other Unlisted items??

We often use the quick room service form, that you put out the night before, to get breakfast on our early port days. Our 2 yr old twins will eat Fruit Loops out of the box but I know they need more than that for a long beach day. The last few times, I wrote on the menu that I would like 2 yogurts (not listed on the menu) and received them each time. Obviously yogurt isn't exciting but it was very helpful and it shows that you can get certain things not listed ont he menu...doesn't hurt to ask.

Jess

Andrew DEREK UK
02-28-2010, 10:45 AM
I cant wait to cruise again, your pic made me hungry Derek, this cruise we are going on has been booked for years, so near yet so far still. I cant wait to order the cheese and crackers again, thing is,with no verandah not a lot of reason for room service, but last time I ordered the lasagna and took it up to deck ten to eat, much better than the vegi burgers and fries.

Ive just noticed(unless I am blind) no steak fries on the menu, mind they are available folks!

Well you will have a long cruise to enjoy and have a lot of RS. I would try a new thing each day.

Yes, the issues of an inside room is the smell of the food can linger a bit, I ensure we open the doors or even eat on the verandah. Its a nice smell when its new/hot.

I will have a word with Mickey re an upgrade......

For Panama snag a place early deck 10 forward is where everyone will be, but deck 4 is closer to the action and often overlooked by cruisers.

Don't want fries we want proper BRITISH CHIPS!!!

orlandothebeagle
02-28-2010, 11:58 AM
Don't want fries we want proper BRITISH CHIPS!!!

Please dont get started re chips/crips

My dn when she was 8 waited in line at sea blizzard beach for 10 mins for "chips" come back to table oped up the back and went nuts.
I, yes me ofcourse had to wait in line for another 10 mins for french fries!

Just not a lot of room and view is not all that great from inside state room Derek, but I would still rather cruise twice with an inside rather than once with an outside!

Deck 4 it is !! im so excited re PC.:yay:

Andrew DEREK UK
02-28-2010, 12:21 PM
Please dont get started re chips/crisps

My dn when she was 8 waited in line at sea blizzard beach for 10 mins for "chips" come back to table oped up the back and went nuts.
I, yes me of course had to wait in line for another 10 mins for french fries!

Just not a lot of room and view is not all that great from inside state room Derek, but I would still rather cruise twice with an inside rather than once with an outside!

I know after all our travels to USA, we still once or twice ask for Chips and get crisps.

British Chips in a newspaper!!!!! Vinegar and pickle onion please!!

SweetSpot
02-28-2010, 01:10 PM
you can order just an order of fries or bowl of chips. When my kids were young I realized they would order a sandwich to get the chips or fries so I just asked if they could send up a plate of either instead of wasting a sandwich.

Andrew DEREK UK
02-28-2010, 01:37 PM
you can order just an order of fries or bowl of chips. When my kids were young I realized they would order a sandwich to get the chips or fries so I just asked if they could send up a plate of either instead of wasting a sandwich.

What we were having a conversation about was these lovely, ( low calorie) things.

We call them CHIPS!.

http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab282/ANDREWPORTER/CHIPS.jpg

But yes you can get fries!!!!

szubieta
02-28-2010, 01:40 PM
British Chips in a newspaper!!!!! Vinegar and pickle onion please!!

Never had the privelege...sounds kinda yummy!! ::yes::

Andrew DEREK UK
02-28-2010, 01:46 PM
Never had the privelege...sounds kinda yummy!! ::yes::

Oh Yes, our favorite food, ask any Brit, if you go to Epcot, go to Harry Ramsdens, and get some you will never eat fries again!!!

DVCconvert
02-28-2010, 02:03 PM
Oh Yes, our favorite food, ask any Brit, if you go to Epcot, go to Harry Ramsdens, and get some you will never eat fries again!!!

I agree!
I do wonder about the batter they use...it doesn't seem the same as what I remember getting in Bloomsbury last...of course that could be due to the 2 mickey bars I ate just prior to "lunch" @ Ramsdens last time! :laughing:

Andrew DEREK UK
02-28-2010, 02:06 PM
I agree!
I do wonder about the batter they use...it doesn't seem the same as what I remember getting in Bloomsbury last...of course that could be due to the 2 mickey bars I ate just prior to "lunch" @ Ramsdens last time! :laughing:

Ramsdens is the closest you have but UK Chips are best I agree,

Anyway better get back 'on topic'...;)

Morty Fieldmouse
02-28-2010, 02:15 PM
Please dont get started re chips/crips

I, yes me ofcourse had to wait in line for another 10 mins for french fries!

Poor girl.:sad1: I bet on DCL the servers would notice her accent and confirm what she really wanted.

So when DCL sails to Europe, do they still call them fries or do they switch over to chips? On the one hand, DLC is a US company (with a Bahamas registy). But when in Rome (or anywhere else across the pond)...

Andrew DEREK UK
02-28-2010, 02:16 PM
Poor girl.:sad1: I bet on DCL the servers would notice her accent and confirm what she really wanted.

So when DCL sails to Europe, do they still call them fries or do they switch over to chips? On the one hand, DLC is a US company (with a Bahamas registry). But when in Rome (or anywhere else across the pond)...

Still call it fries, still charge in dollars, but boy you you get a shock when you ask for Chips in the UK, A nice shock!!!

Morty Fieldmouse
02-28-2010, 04:27 PM
According to the website, potato chips are available upon request, though this is not printed on the RS menu in Andrew's photo. The website doesn't list french fries which is on the printed menu with the cheeseburger.

Depending on which list you look at, both kinds of "chips" are unlisted but available from room service. (And that puts us back on topic:woohoo:)

SweetSpot
02-28-2010, 08:12 PM
What we were having a conversation about was these lovely, ( low calorie) things.

We call them CHIPS!.

http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab282/ANDREWPORTER/CHIPS.jpg

But yes you can get fries!!!!

Yes but I was answering the OP question, not commenting on your seperate conversation.

disney 2010
02-28-2010, 08:57 PM
we almost got back on topic:rotfl::rotfl:It was an entertaining fry/chip conversation!

It looks like there aren't too many secrets....but you can always ask and see whats available.

PB and J's sound handy too :)

Thanks for the answers:thumbsup2

gismo1554
03-01-2010, 03:11 AM
I agree!

The EPCOT Harry Ramsden ships in its batter so its an authentic taste - well at least they did when I worked there. Not sure authentic from where mind lol

BibbidyBobbidyBoo
03-01-2010, 06:18 AM
Not completely. They no longer give our mickey mouse rice kris-pies at the Castaway Club parties since they changed the format, but I was still able to get them from room service in January on the Wonder. They also are not made onboard, they are made in Altamonte Springs, FL and usually would come in huge boxes. So it is a possibility that they would run out, but its not highly likely.

What? no more mickey mouse rice krispies at the CC party?
And remember how upset everyone was that the food was gone and instead only the MM rice crispy treats? now we don't even get that? LOL

What the heck is the party for now? :confused3 just show up and fill out the questions for the drawings- and that's it? :confused3

gismo1554
03-01-2010, 12:16 PM
What? no more mickey mouse rice krispies at the CC party?
And remember how upset everyone was that the food was gone and instead only the MM rice crispy treats? now we don't even get that? LOL

What the heck is the party for now? :confused3 just show up and fill out the questions for the drawings- and that's it? :confused3

From what I've read I think its back to the old style with just less people so I think you get snacky things

NHdisneylover
03-01-2010, 02:54 PM
Back on topic--DS always orders grilled cheeses sandwiches from room service. They are triple decker ones which he just loves.

Pluto,
03-01-2010, 03:27 PM
sine we are talking about fries when im in france on the med cruise do i say i want french fries or just fries? or french toast or just toast?

Andrew DEREK UK
03-01-2010, 03:59 PM
sine we are talking about fries when im in france on the med cruise do i say i want french fries or just fries? or french toast or just toast?

pommes de terres frites ,
pommes frites
or more simply (and commonly) "frites".

Toast

pain perdu