PDA

View Full Version : Must Pay By Today...Is This Really a Deal???

disadventurer
02-26-2010, 08:42 AM
Booked originally under a Room Only pin (35%) for 7 nights at CSR April 13-20th for a total of $918. DH & I have 5-day N/E P/H tickets. In addition, we have 7 Water Parks tickets left over from previous visits. So no dining plan, no mugs etc. As DD17 & DS14 are coming with us we would have to buy tickets for them, so the Gift Card Offer wouldn't have worked.

Now I have changed the reservation to include free Quick Service Dining Plan and have upgraded it to the Disney Dining Plan (1 Quick, 1 Table, 1 Snack) for $10 pp pn. I had to change my room around to reflect full price standard and that I calculated to be (5 nights at $170; 2 nights at $190). I also noticed that by upgrading you lose the refillable mug (I think) really need those!!. That said, my Room price is now $1412 (price up $494), tickets (everyone must be on the same plan to have package (price up $336.56- 1 day base) which really is a no expiration I guess, but still must buy PH for two kids. QS is about $32 per adult over 7 days ($32 x 4 x7 price down by $896) chose to upgrade dining at $10 pp pn price up $280).

Thanks for your help!!:confused3:confused3

Sandisw
02-26-2010, 09:30 AM
Well, just from what you stated, you now have 7 nights at the CBR, the DDP, and a 1 day ticket for each of you.

Upgrade costs for the kids tickets, mugs, tips, etc. would have been expenses anyway, since your original reservation was room only.

I calculate it to be $32.00 more than it would have cost you and you now have 1 day tickets for your kids and most of your food covered. Plus, you have two 1 day tickets for future use (value of $84.00 each).

I say this is a great deal.

beth_cam
02-26-2010, 10:08 AM
It might be easier to compare if you look at them side by side with both including the things you must buy.

For ticket pricing, I used an approximate price for 6 day hoppers. Prices for 5,6,7 day tickets are very close together so the difference is insignificant.

For food with the original reservation, I used the full cost of the DDP you are purchasing with the other option. This will vary depending on how much food you will actually eat.

Check my numbers see what you think. I don't *think* I missed anything. Looks to me like if you are going to be eating the same reguardless of what plan you get it will be cheaper with the new option. Of course if your food budget will be significantly lower, it might be easier to just stay with the original.

Original
918 room
600 adult Park Hopper Tickets for kids
1176 Food
Total = 2694

New Option
1414 Room
336 Tickets
280 Dining Plan upgrade
432 upgrade to 7 day hoppers for kids (after you get there)
Total = 2462 and have 2-1day tickets for future use

disadventurer
02-26-2010, 10:36 AM
Thanks to both of you for your time. :worship::worship:It gets a little crazy looking at it, breaking it down into parts, and truly making sure you have everything accounted for. Only objection I have to package deals, is paying for them 45 days in advance with fees to change should you need/want to. In addition, this is the first time on the dining plan, so I'm a little skeptical.

Truly appreciate your help, advice!! :wizard:

kparc
02-26-2010, 04:29 PM
In addition, this is the first time on the dining plan, so I'm a little skeptical.

You have your dining reservations set - RIGHT?:confused:

disadventurer
02-26-2010, 05:08 PM
Yes, thanks for asking. I have made reservations in the past, but have never been on the "Plan" before, so I'm not sure how it is handled. Do they give you a formal bill with deductions and add the proper tip?? Going to treat our daughter to California Grill/fireworks for her hs graduation, so we are pretty excited about that! We let her select the table service options and DS14 and I will have lunch with the Imagineer, so we can't wait!!:banana::banana:

Sandisw
02-26-2010, 06:18 PM
Yes, thanks for asking. I have made reservations in the past, but have never been on the "Plan" before, so I'm not sure how it is handled. Do they give you a formal bill with deductions and add the proper tip?? Going to treat our daughter to California Grill/fireworks for her hs graduation, so we are pretty excited about that! We let her select the table service options and DS14 and I will have lunch with the Imagineer, so we can't wait!!:banana::banana:

The bill will show the amount of the tip. Have a great trip!

disadventurer
02-26-2010, 07:45 PM
Thanks so much!!:goodvibes:goodvibes