PDA

View Full Version : Whats the latest you could board the ship?

bellaprincess98
02-26-2010, 07:19 AM
I know that people start lining up around 10am, but if the ship leaves at 4pm, when do they close the doors?

Thanks.

mmouse37
02-26-2010, 07:45 AM
I know that people start lining up around 10am, but if the ship leaves at 4pm, when do they close the doors?

Thanks.

The Ship normally leaves at 5:00, not 4:00.

From the Dis DCL page FAQ

WHAT TIME SHOULD I SCHEDULE MY ARRIVAL/DEPARTURE FLIGHTS FOR THE CRUISE?

Arrival: Final boarding is at 4:00pm. No one is allowed to board after that time. The port is approximately an hour drive from the Orlando airport. You’ll also need to factor in the time it will take to get to your transportation. Morning flight arrivals are recommended.

If your flight is delayed and you arrive between 3:00 and 3:45pm, the Disney Cruise Line team located at the airport will be able to check you in for your cruise, however you must still get yourself to the ship prior to 5:00pm.

Departure: While you may be allowed to disembark as early as 7:30am, there are many factors that can impact when the passengers are allowed to leave the ship. You also need to consider the time needed for airport security. Disney Cruise Line recommends that you book return flights no earlier than 12:30pm.

MJ

kcashner
02-26-2010, 09:23 AM
DCL has been known to hold the ship for people who booked air thru DCL and were delayed in arriving at MCO. Note, this is not a long hold, but just enough to get people from MCO to port and checked in. In that case, as long as you are on board before those people, DCL will let you on.

The policy is as above.

The easiest way to remember things is one I heard from a CM--just remember noon. Arrive at MCO before noon and don't book a flight home before noon.