PDA

View Full Version : Time to get to MCO?

imortalcandy
02-26-2010, 12:08 AM
If the ship gets back at 7:30am will we have time to catch a 9:30 flight or would it be safer to get a 10:30 or noon flight?
Its just DH and I, no kids
*edit*
we will probably get a rental car.

disneylove69
02-26-2010, 12:22 AM
If you dont have a car and take Disney transportation you could be waiting up to an hour for the bus to leave and then it's a :45 drive to MCO, check luggage, go through security (takes awhile at MCO). When the ship dock it has to wait for clearance before they can let you off. I would go for after 12.

safetymom
02-26-2010, 05:19 AM
The 10:30 is possible but I would take the noon flight. That way you have some leeway if there is a delay getting the ship cleared.

outahere
02-26-2010, 07:26 AM
If the ship gets back at 7:30am will we have time to catch a 9:30 flight or would it be safer to get a 10:30 or noon flight?
Its just DH and I, no kids
*edit*
we will probably get a rental car.

There is no way I would try to make a 9:30 flight! Even if Customs does clear the ship early, you would have no chance of getting a rental car and making that flight. Unless you are going to leave a rental car parked at the port while you cruise, plan on at least 45 minutes to get a shuttle and rent the car. Then it's about 45 - 60 minutes to the airport (depending on traffic) and then you have to return the car and check in with the airline. Absolute best case scenario would probably be about 2 hours from the time you leave the ship. Plus - getting through security at MCO is really hit or miss. We've had a couple of times where we were in line for close to an hour.

Save yourself the stress and take the the noon flight.

kcashner
02-26-2010, 08:20 AM
DO NOT schedule a flight before 11:30.

Yes, I've been at MCO at 9, but you can't count on it. All it takes is a wreck on 528 and you're late to the airport. Also, MCO is an airport that wants you there at least 2 hours before your flight and sometimes needs every minute of that. Security can be backed up for an hour! In addition, if you are on a participating airline and doing on board check in, you can't use the luggage service for a flight before 11:25...meaning that you have to do luggage check in as well.

It's not worth the risk.

mammacaryn
02-26-2010, 12:09 PM
Our flights have both been 11:30-Noon.