PDA

View Full Version : Oceaneer club bathroom gross?

Vegaslover
02-25-2010, 09:59 PM
Okay, my DD(5) told me that the bathrooms at the Oceaneer's club are dirty and they smell. This is the first I have heard this. Can you all ask your kids if they have any idea what she is talking about? I realize that 5 year olds have an active imagination. I tried to get clarification, but she could not give me any specifics.

keaster
02-25-2010, 10:07 PM
I went into the bathroom in the club with our DD when she was 5 on our Magic cruise...and it was not dirty or smelly at all.

In fact all the public bathrooms on the ship were probably among the cleanest I've ever seen, and there always seemed to be someone just going in or leaving to do some cleaning.

HallsofVA
02-25-2010, 11:00 PM
I was in the Oceaneer Club bathrooms on both the Magic (December) and Wonder (January) and I thought they were extremely clean. My DD who thought the regular bathrooms (in our stateroom and near the restaurants) were always stinky and commented on them every time she used one, didn't have anything to say about any odors in the bathroom in the OC.

kcashner
02-25-2010, 11:48 PM
As with everything in the public areas on the ships, they are cleaned VERY regularly. I've never been aware of ANY odor in the Club bathroom...as others have said, there is sometimes an odor from the drain in the cabin bathrooms. That's not a lack of cleaning, but there is something your room host can do about it by pouring stuff down the drain. It also helps if you keep a little water in the drain (seems to keep the smell from coming thru the water.

So, no, never saw or smelled anything bad in ANY public bathroom on DCL.

disneylove69
02-26-2010, 01:40 AM
I was in a public restroom that had that "ship" smell. It seemed like it was only during certain times of the day. Maybe it's similar to cabin bathroom smell that sometimes appears. Your child could have walked in after someone else used it?

TRcruisers
03-06-2010, 10:54 AM
Very clean

sallymomo
03-06-2010, 11:45 AM
Just got off the wonder on Thursday (march 4)...I personally went to the bathroom with my daughter like 4-5 times...and every time....it was perfectly clean.

Maren1111
03-07-2010, 05:28 PM
I remember it as being clean & cute!

yogibigdog
03-07-2010, 05:57 PM
I just asked my 8 year old and he said the bathroom is fine and has never smelled. It said it has always been clean. He has sailed on 9 times with Disney and said he has never had a problem.

wld4mky
03-07-2010, 07:53 PM
Magics were clean, clean , clean when we sailed Feb. 20-27 I was in there myself to help my dd(5)

Pinkgurlshubby
03-07-2010, 11:08 PM
We were on the Magic in 2008. My wife wanted to take a picture for the photo album. The girls went in to make sure no children were in there and then told her to go ahead. We thought it was very clean.