PDA

View Full Version : If you book do your chances of getting pin decrease?

liftn
02-25-2010, 08:29 PM
I was wondering, do you think if you book, that your chances of getting a pin are reduced, because they know you are already interested?

4 DZNY NUTZ
02-25-2010, 08:56 PM
Hmmm...I was wondering that too. Looks like you are going around the same time we are going....Jersey week? Anyway, we did already get 1 pin which I used for the room only discount but I am hoping for a free dining pin. We got one last year for the same time that we are going this year but couldnt use that pin (we stayed at a timeshare)

4 DZNY NUTZ
02-25-2010, 08:57 PM
Hmmm...I was wondering that too. Looks like you are going around the same time we are going....Jersey week? Anyway, we did already get 1 pin which I used for the room only discount but I am hoping for a free dining pin. We got one last year for the same time that we are going this year but couldnt use that pin (we stayed at a timeshare)

oops...nevermind. I just realized you are going about a month before us!!!

disneybliss2
02-25-2010, 10:19 PM
We've gone in the past and never received a pin. This year we received one for the first time. We already had the reservation in place. I called and they just applied the pin to adjust our new balance due. We booked our vacation a lot earlier than we have before--this time we booked it six months out. I'm not sure if that factors into anything. When Disney extended the promo they had out for the general public for summer months as well, it was a better deal than the pin code I had received. I just called Disney again and they readjusted my rate once again. Based on everything I've read here on the boards, it truly comes down to random luck if you receive a pin.

ancestry
02-26-2010, 07:19 AM
I honestly don't really know the answer to this but I can tell you that I have never received a pin when I already had an existing trip booked. I have only receive pins when I didn't have any trips pending for my household.

Twoboysnmygirl
02-26-2010, 07:45 AM
I received free dining QSDP pin after I had been booked! :goodvibes

2manypets
02-26-2010, 07:47 AM
Twice we were already booked when we received the PIN. This time I decided to wait and see if I'd get a PIN and we did.

There's absolutely no rhyme or reason with the PIN codes.