PDA

View Full Version : Just received free quick-service dining code for 2/28-7/3

trivial
02-25-2010, 11:42 AM
I'm not sure if this is news to anyone or not, but I just received a pin code for free quick-service dining for 2/28-7/3. Minimum 4-night stay, and it doesn't matter which class of resort.

My first thought is, "They're sending out free dining promos for the busiest part of the year?" My second thought is, "I hope this isn't another sign that the Fall free dining promo will just be quick-service." Even if it's just quick-service for value resort guests, I don't like it.

PC MOM
02-25-2010, 11:45 AM
Just got this e-mail too. We are booked for Oct though:sad2:

mom2lns
02-25-2010, 11:47 AM
"Minimum 4-night stay, and it doesn't matter which class of resort."

Probably excludes campground though. I was told yesterday they never give that promotion to the campground. : (

Neesy228
02-25-2010, 11:50 AM
Ugh! You're killing me! We are going on 3/2 for 4 nights and have the QSDP...this PIN would save me a couple hundred dollars....Why do I never get pins?! :sad2::guilty:

mama2cli
02-25-2010, 11:52 AM
How are PINS distributed?
We have 2 trips planned during these dates and this may help us decide to stay on-site the second trip instead of Windsor Palms, if we recieve this PIN...

Maleficient
02-25-2010, 11:53 AM
Me either!! Frustrating! :confused3

Maleficient
02-25-2010, 11:54 AM
Ugh! You're killing me! We are going on 3/2 for 4 nights and have the QSDP...this PIN would save me a couple hundred dollars....Why do I never get pins?! :sad2::guilty:
Me either! Frustrating!! :confused3

Maleficient
02-25-2010, 12:00 PM
Oh I so wish I knew how to delete posts...I'm such a geek..and not in a good way!:headache:

trivial
02-25-2010, 12:18 PM
Probably excludes campground though. I was told yesterday they never give that promotion to the campground. : (

The e-mail doesn't say explicitly, but I'd bet you're right.

Dakylin
02-25-2010, 12:20 PM
I've been wanting this exact pin!! I never get pins though...

Our 2 Princesses
02-25-2010, 12:21 PM

I never get pins either - ever!! :sad2:

JennyT2
02-25-2010, 12:59 PM
I got that pin as well and it was the first pin I ever got so don't give up hope!

kehlyrsmom
02-25-2010, 01:05 PM
I am hoping to get that pin as well. My DH and I are going in may for our Anniversary. I originally had POP booked but changed it to POFQ since it is jus the two of us this time.

I did the math and with that PIN I would be willing to downgrade to POP again as it would save us just over $400 dollars. We are trying to do this trip as budget friendly as possible as we are taking the kids in Sept.

BLBCB
02-25-2010, 01:09 PM
I just received that pin as well and it is addressed to our family, not just one person. I received an email with the same address when we signed up for our Give a Day program so I think that is where this pin came from. :confused3

SOnotLayuh
02-25-2010, 01:16 PM
I'm SO jealous!!

DeniseinNS
02-25-2010, 01:17 PM
I got it as well.

LaLupita
02-25-2010, 01:54 PM
I got this pin after I had my deposit out for July. I had also some saved offers on My Disney Vacation. I changed my vacation dates because this is the best offer so far.

FlightlessDuck
02-25-2010, 03:11 PM
How are PINS distributed?

Random e-mail. We have gotten several this year. One was for a free cruise if we booked an Adventures By Disney trip . Thanks, but no. :rolleyes:

We also got this code. This one, we are probably actually going to use.

DW2010
02-25-2010, 03:15 PM
I really hope that if free dining is offered in the fall, they don't make it a minimum 4 night stay. We're booked 3 nights.

arcticdisneylovers
02-25-2010, 03:50 PM
I got it today too, I'm so excited to get my first pin code :banana: Unforunately we just got back and won't go again until Jan 2011. I hope there is a pin code or great deal again for January 2011. This year we used 4+3 for the Contemporary. We had such a great time we will probably always go the same week!

PIRATEGIRL007
02-25-2010, 06:05 PM
Does the pin have the option to pay to upgrade to the regular dining plan? and is it a package pin with ticket purchase mandatory?

I guess I want to know so I can be MORE jealous. :sick::goodvibes

Brian_WDW74
02-25-2010, 06:09 PM
I've moved this thread to the Codes and Rates board. :)

dxander
02-25-2010, 06:33 PM
We got this pin as well and are going during Easter week. I was shocked that they would offer it during this time of the year, but am happy they are!

ash-n-brensmom
02-25-2010, 06:35 PM
Does the pin have the option to pay to upgrade to the regular dining plan? and is it a package pin with ticket purchase mandatory?

I guess I want to know so I can be MORE jealous. :sick::goodvibes

I got this one today as well, I contacted my TA and he said you can upgrade to regular dining for $144 for or 6 night stay with 2 adults and 2 kids..hope that helps, or not help as the case may be...

dxander
02-25-2010, 06:44 PM
I was told that I can upgrade to the basic dining plan if I wanted. You'd need to buy tickets & make this a package in order to get the free dining. You can even purchase a 1 day ticket, and upgrade your tickets later on.

kdkbrebel
02-25-2010, 06:50 PM
so what would the price be to upgrade to reg dining for 2 adults and 2 kids which will be 17 and 12 at the time of the trip, for 9 nights? I just applied the pin code yesterday and saved alittle over 700.:thumbsup2

trivial
02-25-2010, 06:51 PM
I've moved this thread to the Codes and Rates board. :)

Thanks! I thought there might be a better-suited forum, but didn't think to check the Resorts board.

trivial
02-25-2010, 06:52 PM
so what would the price be to upgrade to reg dining for 2 adults and 2 kids which will be 17 and 12 at the time of the trip, for 9 nights? I just applied the pin code yesterday and saved alittle over 700.:thumbsup2

Anyone 10 and over is considered an adult, so you'd be paying an extra $10 per person per night... $360 total in your case.

disneycrazy2004
02-25-2010, 08:05 PM
This got thin one as well - few minutes ago. Unfortunately we are going in August with free dining. Too bad it wasn't for December.............

Go Saints!
02-25-2010, 08:18 PM
I am curious about how the codes go out as well. We went last year and I booked for my family as well as my parents. I received a pin in August or September or the 30, 35, and 40 percent off of resorts. Last week I received the pin for free qs dining for my parents. I know someone said it depends in what region you live in. Disney chooses which region gets which pins. If that is true, I do not know why we got different pins. We only live a few streets apart. We booked our trip back in August or September for this coming May, but my parents are not booking a trip this year. I figured they were trying to persuade them to come back with the free dining.

Mom2Mack
02-25-2010, 08:31 PM
Well darn it.. I just booked our family trip and 15 yr anniversary for the POP and selected the QSD. Why can't they send me the darn code. I had to convince the hubby to get the QSD since we are on the TIGHT budget..LOL:rotfl2:

jcchap
02-25-2010, 09:36 PM
Did anyone notice that most of the people that got a pin code today for the Free QSDP are from Canada? Could they possibly send them out to different regions on different dates???? :confused3

wildcatfan
02-25-2010, 09:44 PM

If you are going during the "holiday" season the cost is more like an added $15
per adult (10-up)

Rita007
02-26-2010, 01:56 AM
Did anyone notice that most of the people that got a pin code today for the Free QSDP are from Canada? Could they possibly send them out to different regions on different dates???? :confused3

Interesting...I did get this pin today and we are most definitely Canadian.

The last round of free dining pins that had to be booked by early Feb seemed to have mostly gone to Americans.

What are those Disney folks up to? hmmmmmmmmm:wizard:

disneynewman
02-26-2010, 08:24 AM
got the same email yesterday and we are in nh, granted we are pretty close to canada, maybe it was a northeast/canada thing:confused3
who knows! I'm still hoping for free dining for the 20/30/40 code for october or november

NJDISMOM
02-26-2010, 10:05 AM
WOO HOO!!! Just tried calling again to see if we had this pin code for our Apr 2-Apr 8 trip. A great CM, Ruth, spent about 30 min with me and she finally found something under my husband's name, not mine :banana:.

So........I paid the extra to upgrade to the regular dining plan and she gave me a credit for $767.76 :dance3: .

:thanks::thanks::disrocks::disrocks:

Thank you so much to everyone on these boards !:worship:

dxander
02-26-2010, 12:56 PM
WOO HOO!!! Just tried calling again to see if we had this pin code for our Apr 2-Apr 8 trip. A great CM, Ruth, spent about 30 min with me and she finally found something under my husband's name, not mine :banana:.

So........I paid the extra to upgrade to the regular dining plan and she gave me a credit for $767.76 :dance3: .

:thanks::thanks::disrocks::disrocks:

Thank you so much to everyone on these boards !:worship:

Awesome! :banana:

TheRatPack
02-26-2010, 01:04 PM
No Pin here :( I've checked all my registered emails too. Kind of makes me want to vacation somewhere else when they don't reward those of us that come every year and spend our hard earned (and hard to save) money with them :( Oh well...maybe they'll still release it to the general public next month.

momtwoboys
02-26-2010, 01:17 PM
Now I'm thinking if taking advantage of the 40% off Deluxe is better, that value with 30% off....seeing as the free dining pin would have made the Value stay much sweeter????HMMMMM.....

melbinnc
02-26-2010, 01:57 PM
I am not in Canada...in NC, USA and received the QSDP PIN.

dwsandy
02-26-2010, 02:45 PM
My dh and I both got the QS pin yesterday and we are from Canada. I read somewhere on these boards that if you order a planning DVD and stay off the WDW site for a few days you will get one. I tried it and it may be a fluke but it worked for me. I also checked off that I was also interested in DVC info. Maybe they want us to come so we will see a DVC spiel and buy one lol.

LaLupita
02-26-2010, 07:26 PM
We are from Puerto Rico and we got the pin last week. Actually, both DH and I got the pin. I think it has to do with saving vacation offers on the Disney website.

danyella522
02-26-2010, 11:39 PM
I hope someone can explain this to me because i am SO confused!

we got the free quick service dining code too... but you can only use a pin or a current offer, right? Isn't it cheaper to use the, say, 35% off a deluxe room for 4 nights plus the dining package... rather then pay full rate with free dining.

I don't understand!!!

mermaid mama
02-27-2010, 07:09 AM
I also received the QSD pin, and I am in Canada. We Can't use this Pin , Hoping for one for Oct.:goodvibes

NJDISMOM
02-27-2010, 08:41 AM
I hope someone can explain this to me because i am SO confused!

we got the free quick service dining code too... but you can only use a pin or a current offer, right? Isn't it cheaper to use the, say, 35% off a deluxe room for 4 nights plus the dining package... rather then pay full rate with free dining.

I don't understand!!!

You're right, you can only use 1 discount at a time, not both. We have a package at a Value resort and both my boys are considered adults on the Dining plan (thank goodness they don't have a teenager rate :rotfl:). We are also staying over Easter and there were no other discounts offered on our dates. So this was the best for us. As with all these offers, you have to run the numbers and see what works for your family and dates. It's just really nice that there are so many discounts around :yay:.

danyella522
02-27-2010, 01:18 PM
thank you :)