PDA

View Full Version : Do you remember Emmasgrammy?

snelsonbrown
02-25-2010, 12:48 AM
I just wanted to give you an update on this family - I received an update from grampy asking for prayers again and this time it was for DeeDee their second granddaughter who is 4 months old and need heart surgery after having a heart attack - he and Lynda now have 2 granddaughters again and even though they will never take the place of Emma and Sophie, the babies have filled a void.

DeeDee had the surgery and looks like she is on the way up - Keep prayers open for them ok.

Thanks and may the day go super good for each of you as you head toward the weekend - we are again having lousy weather - boy since December 28th we have been going through this, but then I know you are having it worse with ice and snow and all the stuff that comes with it.
Until next time
Hugsssssssssssss
Always
Shirley

mickeyfan1
02-25-2010, 12:55 AM
Thank you so much for posting this. I think of them, often, they were going to go on the EB PC in 2995, but they found it just to hard, so many memories that they could not bear to have. When that fire happened, it really touched so many of us here. They deserve a break.

Sorry your weather is so sucky, here in AZ< we thought winter was over, bt it has come back.

Pooh_Friend#1
02-25-2010, 08:17 AM
Thanks for the update. Keeping them in my prayers.

snelsonbrown
02-25-2010, 08:35 AM
Thanks for the thoughts and prayers - will let them know we still think of them ofthen
much love and hugssss
always
Shirley

5lilfish
02-25-2010, 09:08 AM
I cry just thinking about the tragedy. I am so happy to hear that they have been blessed with 2 more Grandchildren. I know nothing can ever take away from their loss but I'm sure the babies have given them joy. I am happy to hear that DeeDee is doing well.

Thanks for updating us...
Jess

snelsonbrown
02-25-2010, 02:44 PM
Here is a note I got from Michael and update on Dee Dee

My dear friend Shirley
Dee Dee is doing better. Chest tube and pacemaker removed today. She also ate about an ounce of formula.

Give the disfriends our sincere thanks for their prayers.
your friend
Michael

TheWog
02-26-2010, 09:25 AM
I just wanted to give you an update on this family - I received an update from grampy asking for prayers again and this time it was for DeeDee their second granddaughter who is 4 months old and need heart surgery after having a heart attack - he and Lynda now have 2 granddaughters again and even though they will never take the place of Emma and Sophie, the babies have filled a void.

DeeDee had the surgery and looks like she is on the way up - Keep prayers open for them ok.

Thanks and may the day go super good for each of you as you head toward the weekend - we are again having lousy weather - boy since December 28th we have been going through this, but then I know you are having it worse with ice and snow and all the stuff that comes with it.
Until next time
Hugsssssssssssss
Always
Shirley

Thank you Shirley. Of course I remember. I will always have the ribbon as my avatar. Thoughts and prayers are with them.

Michelle2
02-26-2010, 10:45 AM
I always think of them and wonder how life is going for them. I too, cannot think of the tragedy without crying. I cannot even imagine the pain.

Thoughts and prayers to their family.

lbuher
02-26-2010, 12:28 PM
I definitely don't mean or want to be nosy, but I joined this board only last September. Without giving details, what kind of tragedy did this family have to endure? It has made me sad for them to just read this thread......

justmestace
02-26-2010, 12:36 PM
Many prayers heading to the family. I thought of them when my first grandchild arrived last summer and we talked about how soon we could take him on his first cruise, and think of them often.
Thank you so much for the updates.

PURTYPAT1
02-26-2010, 03:37 PM
I remember it like it was yesterday. I pray daily for her family. Thank you for keeping us updated. Please give her our love, she and her grandbabies will continue to be in our prayers.

snelsonbrown
02-26-2010, 08:40 PM
I definitely don't mean or want to be nosy, but I joined this board only last September. Without giving details, what kind of tragedy did this family have to endure? It has made me sad for them to just read this thread......

Emmagrammy was very active on this board and offered so much information - she and her hubby had 3 daughters and only 2 granddaughters who were adored. Emma was 4 and Sophie was 4 month olds when their home was caught on fire by a computer too close to drapes - Amanda (Mom) and the 2 girls were all upstairs asleep and they didn't make it down the stairs - Sophie was taken to the hospital and manage to live 2 weeks when she passed. This whole entire board did everything possible to support and pray for this family.
Emmasgrammy did not believe that they would ever have grandkids again and were blessed with 2 more girls - the baby Dee Dee suffered a heart attach at the age of 4 months and the entire family were made to relive what happened 5 years ago - every so often I will do an update since so many beautiful and wonderful people from here offered so much and we all loved the family very much - we are hoping someday, they will be back here with new memories to build with these grandbabies.

noahdove
02-26-2010, 09:08 PM
Thank you for the info and I will keep them in my prayers as well.

newrygirl
02-26-2010, 11:11 PM
Wow, that is so sad. People, hug your kids, tell them you love them, life is not to be taken for granted because we never know what tomorrow holds.:lovestruc

lbuher
02-27-2010, 05:19 AM
Thanks, Shirley, for explaining what happened. I could tell it must have been something that was terribly tragic, and indeed it was. Wow - I can't even imagine.

This board is an awesome group of folks.

kehouse
03-02-2010, 08:18 PM
thank you for the update. i was thinking of their family just today. i know they have such a sad story, but emmasgrammy also has the funniest post ever on the dis. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=509578. i hope she knows that her embarassing story has helped me through several bad days. she and her family are in my prayers. i wish there was more we could do.:grouphug:

noahdove
03-02-2010, 08:24 PM
I must say, that is the funniest story I have heard in a long time....my prayers are with the family also...

AbsyBabsy
03-02-2010, 08:37 PM
What a sad situation. I too have lost family in a fire and no matter how you lose those you love, it hurts. My heart goes out to Emmasgrammy and my prayers for Dee Dee's full recovery.

Amanda

m&m's mom
03-02-2010, 09:33 PM
Gosh, how much can one family be expected to endure.
My prayers and best wishes are with them.
MY DD had to have heart surgery at 2 months and onlt weighed 2 pounds. They can truly do miracles.

Jillpie
03-02-2010, 10:51 PM
Shirley, has it really been 5 years? I cannot believe it. It seems like just yesterday. I am so happy to hear they have such joy in their lives again, I will pray for that baby girl. Thanks for filling us in.:) p.s. I'll be in your neck of the woods in about 5 more weeks Shirley:), well not quite down where the Magic is, but will be in Disneyworld and close by you, so here's a big hug from me!:grouphug: I hope you are feeling well and you and Norm are happy!:cloud9:

inkkognito
03-02-2010, 11:02 PM
Wow, I remember that story. It was such a terrible, heartbreaking tragedy. I am keeping them in my prayers once again.

snelsonbrown
03-03-2010, 02:54 AM
Shirley, has it really been 5 years? I cannot believe it. It seems like just yesterday. I am so happy to hear they have such joy in their lives again, I will pray for that baby girl. Thanks for filling us in.:) p.s. I'll be in your neck of the woods in about 5 more weeks Shirley:), well not quite down where the Magic is, but will be in Disneyworld and close by you, so here's a big hug from me!:grouphug: I hope you are feeling well and you and Norm are happy!:cloud9:

Hey there Jillpie - IF you get over this way, please stop by - I do have an empty guestroom - Anyhow it is going to be 6 years in August - Michal has kept me updated and DeeDee is now on the uphill - in fact came out of surgery and really doing great - looks like she may be home maybe the end of the week or so. The now have 2 granddaughters and of course just over the edge with joy - the first one must be about 2 or so years old now.
Will let Michael and Lynda know about all the prayers - I pray that someday, they will come back to the board. Lynda was a stitch of laughter and I will never forget the bathing suit incident :lmao:
Blessings always to each and all

tevagirl
03-03-2010, 08:10 PM
I also can't believe it's been 5 years. God bless baby DeeDee. I hope and pray she continues to do well.

tazgirl1981
03-03-2010, 08:42 PM
I wasnt here unfortunantly when this happened but what a sad thing to have to endure..Im sending prayers and hugs to Emmasgrammy for their little granddaughter and please keep us all updated. Its good to hear that she is on the uphill climb..we will be there holding onto faith and hope for her to recover well and keep on fighting :goodvibes:thumbsup2:hug:

TheWog
03-04-2010, 08:28 AM
I wasnt here unfortunantly when this happened but what a sad thing to have to endure..Im sending prayers and hugs to Emmasgrammy for their little granddaughter and please keep us all updated. Its good to hear that she is on the uphill climb..we will be there holding onto faith and hope for her to recover well and keep on fighting :goodvibes:thumbsup2:hug:

You missed one of the great water slide stories told to date. She is a great lady and prayers are out there for them.

tazgirl1981
03-04-2010, 11:27 AM
Thankfully I was able to go back (thanks to the link provided) to read the waterslide story...how hilarious that was! :lmao: I have to admit that was the best storytelling that I have ever heard. I even had to read that story to my hubby about the waterslide:goodvibes

I hope that one day Emmasgrammy can find her way back here so she can be welcomed home :grouphug: