PDA

View Full Version : Altantis Aquaventure or Blue Lagoon Beach Day?

MagicMoments Mom
02-24-2010, 09:47 PM
I certainly appreciate all the advice provided here!! We are excited about our upcoming 1st DCL adventure. We are booked on the 3day Wonder. It will be myself, husband and our 2 college kids(21 and 18). We are having a hard time choosing our Nassau excursion. We have never been to the Bahamas. Atlantis seems very expensive, but maybe worth it??? Is it terribly crowded?
My hubby is very sun sensitive due to skin cancer so he will probably just find some shade to park in for the day. He would like beer to pass the time. Are we able to bring a cooler to Atlantis or would he be at the mercy of the Atlantis to provide, I'm sure very expensive, beverage? Would he have to purchase the full Aquaventure to just be in the pool area with us?
How about Blue Lagoon? Looks beautiful! But is it going to be a basic repeat of Castaway Cay? How about coolers there? If no cooler, what is the beer/drink prices like there? Is there more to do for my kids there other than beach/swimming. They would not be interested in Dolphin or Sea lion encounter, but may enjoy just observing.
Opinions, experiences or other suggestions are appreciated!

disney 2010
02-24-2010, 10:56 PM
Sorry I don't know about the "beverage" questions.
Blue Lagoon is beautiful!
Be sure to read the info/threads about Comfort suites in Nassau. You can book a room and get Atlantis wrist bands for WAY less than the excursion through DCL