PDA

View Full Version : Is there a code watch thread for Feb. 2011 yet?

DisneyGuess
02-24-2010, 01:10 PM
If so, point me in the right direction, I couldn't find it, hehe!

We are going Feb. 2011!! Were planning on Dec. 2010 but that had to get pushed back, so Feb. 2011 it is!

This is going to be the boys Christmas present so it's a surprise for them! We'll also be celebrating 2 of their birthday's while we're there!

Our dates are Feb.11-18! I'm so excited!!:goodvibes:banana:

Ambassador
02-24-2010, 05:48 PM
We have delayed our trip to Feb 2011 also. We hope our cancellation will come to someone's attention, and we will finally receive an ever-elusive pin code :thumbsup2. We are told that AAA discounts for 2011 come out in April: we'll start with that.

DisneyGuess
02-24-2010, 06:48 PM
We've been debating a AAA membership for awhile, maybe now's a good time to lookn into that, hehe.
I know they generally release the room & package rates for the upcoming year in August. Hopefully codes for Feb. 2011 will come out shortly after those are released!

Twoboysnmygirl
02-24-2010, 06:53 PM
I'll join in and sub! My DH and I are planning a 20th Anniversary trip for 4 days at the beginning of Feb. 2011. I was debating upgrading to an AP in Sept. when we take a family trip so that I can get a discount! We want to do a split stay at POFQ and Boardwalk!! :lovestruc

CanadianGuy
02-24-2010, 08:14 PM
There will be no codes for February until at least the 2011 rates come out.. in August. :(

BecBennett
02-24-2010, 10:06 PM
I hate the fact that we have to wait until August to book accomm... I never understood why so many people had to book two separate rooms, but it now makes sense. I'll be booking my flight in the next couple of months, so if my resort's not available we'll have to book a different resort so we've got somewhere to stay...

I can't believe it... August!!:confused3

Twoboysnmygirl
02-24-2010, 10:59 PM
BecBennett, can you explain what you mean? I don't understand?

BecBennett
02-25-2010, 07:25 AM
This will be my first trip to WDW, so I might be a little skewed. But we'll be booking our flights in a couple of months - maybe 3 - so our length of stay will already be determined by the time we book our resort.

We want POR the whole time we're there (26th Feb - 8th Mar) but if say it's already booked on the 26th, we'll have to book somewhere else that first night, then move to POR for the following nights. I've never really understood why people have moved resorts during their stay, until this reason was presented.

Like I said, I could be looking at it wrong, but that's how I see it. I'm overreacting a little bit, because everyone's in the same boat, but it would be nice to be able to book everything further in advance and not have to worry about this sorta thing as the holiday gets closer...

2manypets
02-25-2010, 07:31 AM
You can book up to 500 or 499 days in advance. If a code comes out, call and see if the code can be applied to your reservation. If you call soon after the discount comes out, there shouldn't be a problem.

Twoboysnmygirl
02-25-2010, 07:53 AM
Ok, I understand what you were saying now, you were talking about having to book a flight before your resort!

For us, it's the other way, Southwest is cheapest for us and they don't release their flights until 6 months out!

I did try to price a Feb 2011 trip and the WDW site won't let me. I know you can book room only, but then you have to cancel and re-book anyway when packages are released? :confused3 AND, you have to book 1 night's rate instead of just a flat $200 and since we are doing a split stay, this would be fairly expensive upfront!

DisneyGuess
02-25-2010, 01:48 PM
I hate having to wait! I don't even want to do a room-only booking because, the code will probably help decide where we stay, lol! So, I'm right there with you guys, hate waiting to August to get prices & book! But, I'm doing it, impatiently, hehe.

I do go ahead onto the WDW site & price out dates that are out now with the season my trip falls in. So, to price out value seaon, I picked the 1st week of Dec just to get an idea. I realize it will probably be a bit more expensive than '10 rates but at least it gives me an idea!

Skubygurl
02-25-2010, 03:27 PM
SO happy to see this thread. It will be our 1st visit as a family to WDW and we finally settled on Feb 2011 -wanted something to look forward to after the holidays and hoping the crowds will be down during this time of year.

I "made" reservations for Feb 2-4 at the Poly but haven't made the deopsit yet. It is due tommorrow:eek: so I'm thinking about not booking and waiting for a code or deal???

We have to stay offsite for 3 nights..hubby agreed to a timeshare presentation for Hilton Grand Vacations.:headache: in exchange for $300 for 3nights at a 1 bedroom condo.

I'm leaning towards the Poly for the location but really praying for one of these elusive pin codes. :confused3 otherwise we might be staying in a value or mod instead.

Anyways...watching all the action unfold her with you fellow dis'ers..popcorn:: such as what discounts will come out ...what will the rates be for 2011..etc.
ps- I have 2 boys ages 2 and 5 and I have only been to WDW for 2 days when I was in my 20's..I think I'm more excited than anyone to be going!:thumbsup2
Ann-Marie

DisneyGuess
02-26-2010, 07:55 PM
Ann-Marie - I know I'm more excited than anyone else, lol. The boys do not know yet, this will be our Christmas to them but even once they find out...I know I will still be the most excited, hehe!!!
Just (im)Patiently waiting for August! & for some decent deals for the beginning of 2011!!!!:banana::banana::banana::yay::yay::yay:

DisneyGuess
03-02-2010, 04:49 PM
So, for my other Feb 11'er's. what kind of code/deals are you hoping for?
A good room/package discount (40% off or a buy 4 get3) or another gift card promo??

I honestly can't decide which I'd prefer. I'm thinking the room type of code/discount would do my family better though.

Twoboysnmygirl
03-02-2010, 04:59 PM
I'm on the fence about whether we should upgrade our tickets in Sept. to AP's and use an AP discount or if I should hope for a bounceback or pin code? I don't think I'll know until the last day of our Sept. trip and then I'll upgrade at least one of our tickets to an AP. It's our 20th Anniversary and really the only way we can afford to stay in a deluxe is with a discount!

Skubygurl
03-02-2010, 07:15 PM
I think a room discount so we can try a deluxe (thinking POLY) without breaking the bank.
Since we are locked into staying offsite for 3 nights it limits what we can do :confused3

Still going to look into getting an AP since I want to go back with DS possibly in the fall with a mom and me trip!:thumbsup2

Its SO hard to wait!

DisneyGuess
03-03-2010, 03:58 PM
I agree, it is VERY hard to wait! I want to make plans, etc but feel the need to wait until we at least know rates, lol! I looked back at mousesavers & the historical discounts & it looks like the codes for 2010 started showing up in Sept. I can't wait til Sept!!!!! :rotfl::rotfl::rolleyes1
It's going to be a long 6-7 month, hehe. :rolleyes:
I know they've never offered free dining during Feb. but I am really hoping for a 7 for 4 deal at least. I guess, I'll take whatever kind of deal comes out 1st & then wait for the others to show. At least then I know we at least have our stuff booked!

lovingmy2boys
03-07-2010, 04:09 PM
We are planning the 28th through March 7th. I am really hoping they do the 4/3 deal again. We had that last year and was able to stay atthe Yacht CLub. I want to try the Boardwalk and can only do it if we get that deal!

DisneyGuess
03-08-2010, 01:00 PM
We are planning the 28th through March 7th. I am really hoping they do the 4/3 deal again. We had that last year and was able to stay atthe Yacht CLub. I want to try the Boardwalk and can only do it if we get that deal!

I'm really hoping for the 4/3 deal as well. For our larger family, it could really help a great deal! I'll take a 30-35% off room code but hoping for the 4/3!! :banana::cloud9:popcorn:: Or even another $500 GC for booking in a mod would be good. That's about how much my family will save if they offer 4/3. Only save about $300 if we get a 30% code.

hammie59
03-21-2010, 06:54 PM
Sign me up for 2011! I watched for codes in 2008 and it paid off with a savings of about $300 for my family. We got free parkhopper upgrade with free "waterparks and more" option. :cool1:

luvmikids
03-22-2010, 12:04 AM
jumping on this thread! We are planning our Feb 2011 trip also. Airfare already purchased (great deal thru Delta:) just waiting for a great deal from Disney! does anyone know what kind of packages were released this year and when it was made available?

McFlea
03-23-2010, 03:17 PM
Subbing popcorn:: I'm also hoping for the 4/3 deal. Planning for approx 2/22 - 3/1, depending on JetBlue, but I'll need to wait 2-3 months before they're selling for Feb 2011.

nemofans
03-24-2010, 02:33 PM
Feb usually has good discounts, even b4 the economy issues. It just depends on what they offer. We have gone twice in Feb now, both times w/disc codes.

my2disneyboys
03-24-2010, 07:30 PM
we just got back from our trip this year January 28th-Feb 5th (had the 4/3 deal and stayed at the Poly!) We booked for January 28th 2011 and will be staying back at POFQ!! I booked room only but will change it in August when the prices come out for a package!

I am really hoping for a discount like 4/3!! But rumors seems to suggest that if something like that is released it will be more like a 5/2 deal. I will take anything though and that could just be a rumor... only time will tell!? :confused:

DisneyAndRedSox
03-24-2010, 07:56 PM
Subscribing...

Need 3 nights in Feb before we board the Dream on the 13th. I have an AP and looking for a room only discount, and it is driving me nuts waiting! I normally book things ASAP!

luvmikids
04-04-2010, 10:51 PM
How does the 4/3 deal work? does it include park and resort?

Ambassador
04-04-2010, 11:10 PM
SO happy to see this thread. It will be our 1st visit as a family to WDW and we finally settled on Feb 2011 -wanted something to look forward to after the holidays and hoping the crowds will be down during this time of year.

The crowds should be at their lowest level of the year then. That may mean good deals will be had also, but Mouse Mgmt has warned about not as many deals in 2011. Could be noise to get people booked up in 2010? We can only hope!

BecBennett
04-05-2010, 06:12 AM
If they do bring in the 4/3 offer, how does it affect longer stays? So if I booked 10 days would I still only be getting 3 free? In effect making it seem a better idea to book 14 days and try and get the offer twice, so you're getting 14 days for 8 as apposed to 10 days for 7? :confused3

nemofans
04-05-2010, 02:17 PM
If stay 4 nights, you get 3 nights free. This includes paying for 5 dat ticket & getting 2 days free. If you stay for 10 days, then yes I believe you still get 3 days free, but not more. If you want to stay 14 days to get 6 free days, then you may need to do 2 separate ressies for that.

BecBennett
04-05-2010, 11:58 PM
If stay 4 nights, you get 3 nights free. This includes paying for 5 dat ticket & getting 2 days free. If you stay for 10 days, then yes I believe you still get 3 days free, but not more. If you want to stay 14 days to get 6 free days, then you may need to do 2 separate ressies for that.

Yeah, that was what I was meaning I'd do if there wasn't an incremental discount... wow, I'm confusing myself... :confused:

So the 4/3 deal is only for packages? Not for room only bookings? Well then in that case I hope for a stupidly cheap AP rate for room bookings. :rotfl:

kkproulx
08-08-2010, 04:24 PM
Looking for February codes....just booked 2/8 - 2/14....don't see an "official" February 2011 Code Watch Thread so I'm hoping I haven't missed it.....

Gina
08-08-2010, 06:20 PM
Count me on as being on "code watch"! :yay: We'll be at Pop 2/4-2/12 and my budget is hoping for a nice fat discount. :goodvibes

Pumpkin_King
08-08-2010, 11:16 PM
Subbing for our trip 2/2 - 2/14

lamb616
08-09-2010, 06:30 AM
We'll be arriving 2/24. Fingers crossed for a code!

npierce25
08-10-2010, 10:24 AM
hoping for a good deal too! feb 5th-13th, hoping to make AKL affordable.......

zetachi
08-10-2010, 10:52 AM
We are looking at Feb 15-20th. Looks like 1/2 for Budget 1/2 for Presidents week rates. Hoping for a good code to even that out.

smj0559
08-10-2010, 02:17 PM
Following for Feb 26-March 5

BigTex71
08-10-2010, 02:29 PM
Subbing.
Hoping for good AP room-only rates for our Jan 28 - Feb 6 trip. Probably Value Resort, but if good deals come out maybe I can talk DW into a split stay. That way we can try out WL or AKL.

disneyaway
08-10-2010, 02:34 PM
Following for Feb 26-March 5

That's when we are going! Well, the Feb 25-March 4. I am really hoping a good code comes out, but I am a little worried about blackout dates since that weekend is Princess Half marathon and ESPN weekend.

Marlynmik
08-10-2010, 07:13 PM
Count me in for Feb 10-15! I am very new at this, being our first trip to WDW. We are probably going to stay at CR in a tower room (we want a balcony) Also considering BC but mostly for the pool (which we may not even use in Feb!) :confused3 Are codes resort-specific?

mcz100
08-12-2010, 07:37 AM
That's when we are going! Well, the Feb 25-March 4. I am really hoping a good code comes out, but I am a little worried about blackout dates since that weekend is Princess Half marathon and ESPN weekend.

This is the weekend we are looking at booking too! I hope something good comes out for that time!

floridascgirl
08-12-2010, 02:33 PM
We're booked at AKL for Feb. 9-13. :wizard: I'm on the prowl for a room-only discount because we already have our tickets.

MamaJessie
08-12-2010, 05:01 PM
We're booked at AKL for Feb. 9-13. :wizard: I'm on the prowl for a room-only discount because we already have our tickets.

Looking for room only here too, for the same reason, just a different week (Feb 5 -11)

Lil Bo Peep
08-14-2010, 05:42 PM
popcorn::

We are booked for Pop Feb 7 - 19th

neener3
08-14-2010, 06:44 PM
We're getting married in Disney on the 15th! So I'm watching for us...and hoping something good comes out for our guests to limit the sticker shock for them :goodvibes

Marlynmik
08-16-2010, 09:34 AM
Yay! New discounts just came out and our dates qualify (02/10 - 02/15)!!! :banana:
Our TA is probably swamped because of this but I'm waiting to hear back from her about the discount :)

Worfiedoodles
08-18-2010, 03:48 PM
Doing Princess and looking for AAA or AP for Feb. 24 - Mar. 1...not overly hopeful with President's Week, but still looking...

Maria :upsidedow

yankee3366
08-20-2010, 10:55 AM
I was originally planning on going in early May, but when the specials came out last week I switched to Feb 11-19th. I'm so excited, I got free dining.

disnemimi
09-09-2010, 06:08 PM
We are going to WDW Feb. 21 thru 26th, 2011 and wondering if there will be any discount codes at that time? I know it is peak season so I am a little nervous it won't happen? Any thoughts?
Disnemimi

Microcell
09-11-2010, 08:13 PM
Well there is free dining during your dates... I am just now getting ready to book free dining Feb 26-Mar 5!

DisneyLvr12
09-12-2010, 03:47 PM
Is there any room discounts for after Feb. 16 yet? Do we know when (and if!) they'll be out?

How about AP rates for after Feb. 16? Are they out? If they are, can someone price something for me? We are getting AP's in December, so I don't have them yet and, therefore, can't get any of that info. :) TIA!

pdes70
09-12-2010, 09:06 PM
I wish there were some discounts for after Feb. 16, but nothing yet. I am losing hope.:sad2:

Microcell
09-12-2010, 09:40 PM
They weren't released until Sept 28 for late Feb last year, and since they just announced free dining for some dates in Feb my guess is that it will be closer to Thanksgiving or Christmas that they will have a good idea of the need for discounts to bring in people... I wouldn't give up hope.. I will still be looking for the % off rooms or pay for 4 get 3 free deals until after the new year!

danielle79
09-14-2010, 01:34 PM
There will be no codes for February until at least the 2011 rates come out.. in August. :(

Hi CanadianGuy, you seem to be the person to ask about discounts, I am hoping the 4/3 deal comes out in November like it has historically, we are planning for early February and also looking to stay in Fort Wilderness cabins. Do you know if the cabins are excluded in this deal, also are you paying for 4 nights + 4 days of tickets and getting 3 nights and 3 days of tickets free or is it just hotel nights- not tickets? Thanks:confused3

Lil Bo Peep
09-14-2010, 05:25 PM
Hi CanadianGuy, you seem to be the person to ask about discounts, I am hoping the 4/3 deal comes out in November like it has historically, we are planning for early February and also looking to stay in Fort Wilderness cabins. Do you know if the cabins are excluded in this deal, also are you paying for 4 nights + 4 days of tickets and getting 3 nights and 3 days of tickets free or is it just hotel nights- not tickets? Thanks:confused3

We have never gone in Feb and when the deals came out in August we were only able to receive the room discount on our trip, I was wishing for the free dining but as my luck goes that didn't fly for us, so this 4/3 deal, is that what they usually have out at that time of year? Our travel dates are from the 7th of Feb till the 19th. I will keep my fingers cross that this deal comes out, it will help out that's for sure.:worship:

Microcell
09-16-2010, 01:55 PM
Okay... this trip is causing me more stress than not!

I see that Presidents Week is the week before we come Feb 26-Mar 10 is our date.. will the crowds lessen that week after Presidents Day Feb 21? We have been there on Presidents Day before and NEVER again!

Ugh next September is looking better and better, I prefer hurricanes to crowds!

lamb616
09-17-2010, 08:18 AM
crowd levels are reported to go way down following Pres. Day week. Starting that Sunday I believe (everyone's heading home that day. :) )

tinacaplan
09-18-2010, 10:13 AM
Okay... this trip is causing me more stress than not!

I see that Presidents Week is the week before we come Feb 26-Mar 10 is our date.. will the crowds lessen that week after Presidents Day Feb 21? We have been there on Presidents Day before and NEVER again!

Ugh next September is looking better and better, I prefer hurricanes to crowds!

We braved the crowds last year and are doing it again this February for President's Week. Both my husband and I are teachers and we go school vacation weeks or not at all. Honestly, with good planning, we didn't think the crowds were bad at all. For us, I don't want to miss spring at home, and summer's super crowded, too. I'd rather go to Florida in the winter than the summer. That's just me, though. I am hoping that they'll release something for that week. Last year, we got the 4/3 deal and it would be great again. :goodvibes

Microcell
09-22-2010, 08:33 AM
crowd levels are reported to go way down following Pres. Day week. Starting that Sunday I believe (everyone's heading home that day. :) )

Whew! That makes me feel better!

patsvette
09-23-2010, 08:18 PM
We will be there feb. 28th to march 4th cant wait.We always go in october but this time decided to try end of feb. plus got free dining.

seetheworld
09-24-2010, 04:36 PM
I wish there were some discounts for after Feb. 16, but nothing yet. I am losing hope.:sad2:

Me too, waiting with you and hoping! :thumbsup2

tinacaplan
09-26-2010, 07:47 PM
I'm not losing hope yet, as the discounts weren't released until after November I think for last year. The 4/3 deal I used for President's Week wasn't out 'till September 28(ish). I'm just curious if anyone has heard any rumors?

KarenAylwood
09-30-2010, 12:26 PM
We're going for the Princess Half and I reaaaaaally wanted some sort of deal. The race resorts are essentially rack rate (even though they say "special rate").

roomthreeseventeen
10-04-2010, 10:21 AM
We're going for the Princess Half and I reaaaaaally wanted some sort of deal. The race resorts are essentially rack rate (even though they say "special rate").

I hear ya.