PDA

View Full Version : When do request rooms/floors?

mb_uh
02-24-2010, 11:25 AM
My husband was reading about watching fireworks from WL on 5th/6th floors and wanted to know if we should call now - vacation is in July or when do we ask for this.

Thanks

kaytieeldr
02-24-2010, 11:50 AM
Call now and add the request for "Magic Kingdom view" to your reservation. Note that this may entail changing your category reservation and result in a higher rate. Also note that requests are never guaranteed.

TheRustyScupper
02-24-2010, 11:58 AM
Also, many rooms with views of the fireworks overlook
. . . the loading dock
. . . the trash area

mb_uh
02-24-2010, 12:19 PM
thanks

annichan
02-25-2010, 09:09 AM
For our honeymoon at Wilderness Lodge last May, I sent a fax with my room requests to WL front desk like six months before our trip. I received a nice e-mail back telling me that I should resend that fax three weeks prior to arrival at the resort as that was the time when she saw our booking.

kaytieeldr
02-25-2010, 09:20 AM
There's actually NO need to fax requests, period - and with the widespread advice online and in guidebooks to send faxes, often they simply get tossed in the trash (and so, many times when it appears one's requests were met it's actually just all factors coming together just right).

It's most reasonable and sensible to make any requests at the same time one is making the reservation; or to call at some point between then and a week or so before the trip and have them added to one's reservation.