PDA

View Full Version : Disney to expand "Storybook" rooms

buzznina
02-23-2010, 07:20 PM
Just read an article that said Disney has been so pleased with the performance of the pirate rooms that it intends to expand the storybook concept to more hotels, both in Orlando and at its resorts around the world.

http://thedailydisney.com/blog/2010/02/disney-turns-to-storybook-themes-to-fill-hotel-rooms/

The article was interesting to read and then I also saw another article saying that Disney World will be offering AP's that customers can pay in monthly installments:cool1: just like at Disneyland.

stitch34
02-23-2010, 10:44 PM
Interesting! I wonder which resorts they do and what themes?

DonaldDoleWhip
02-23-2010, 11:19 PM
I think Princess and the Frog in a few rooms at Port Orleans could be a good idea.

Of course, the first thing that comes to mind is princess rooms. But hopefully it won't be too much.

stitch34
02-23-2010, 11:54 PM
I think Princess and the Frog in a few rooms at Port Orleans could be a good idea.

Of course, the first thing that comes to mind is princess rooms. But hopefully it won't be too much.

that was my thought, only thing that would fit in with style of any resort, would be Princess & Frog at POR or POFQ, though thinking more the farthest away buildings they'd put them in at POR.

Stitch and Lilo at the Poly would work with the Poly theme obviously.
But not sure of what other characters would work with themes of other resorts.

CindyIsMyFave
02-23-2010, 11:58 PM
THAT would be a wonderful idea! DH and I love love loved our pirate room on NYE!

AlexWyattMommy
02-24-2010, 05:41 AM
Bambi and Brother Bear can be at the WL. :)

Kimberle
02-24-2010, 05:52 AM
Lion King at AKL.

CanadianGuy
02-24-2010, 05:55 AM
Here's the most interesting part of that article from my perspective..

Disney’s hotels typically undergo “soft” renovations, in which bedding, curtains and other fabrics are replaced every six years, and more-extensive “hard” renovations, including new furniture, every 12 years.

:)

WEDWDW
02-24-2010, 05:59 AM
Just read an article that said Disney has been so pleased with the performance of the pirate rooms that it intends to expand the storybook concept to more hotels, both in Orlando and at its resorts around the world.

http://thedailydisney.com/blog/2010/02/disney-turns-to-storybook-themes-to-fill-hotel-rooms/

The article was interesting to read and then I also saw another article saying that Disney World will be offering AP's that customers can pay in monthly installments:cool1: just like at Disneyland.
The AP installment plan will only be for Florida residents.:)

Grace&Carolinesmom
02-24-2010, 07:24 AM
So maybe Cinderella or Sleeping beauty at the GF, Lilo and Stitch or Peter Pan and Tinkerbell at Poly, Little Mermaid at BC/YC, Mickey and Minnie Mouse at the CR, the possibilities are very fun:thumbsup2

Wendy5055
02-24-2010, 07:27 AM
What about Mighty Ducks at ASSp? Or Herbie the Love Bug at POP?

Oooooh...Mary Poppins at the GF!!:banana::banana::banana:

PinkRhombus
02-24-2010, 08:03 AM
I think they should do princess ones first. Girly-girls, like mine, didn't want to have anything to do with the pirate OR the nemo-ish ones.

dzorn
02-24-2010, 08:09 AM
The AP installment plan will only be for Florida residents.:)

:headache: Oh I hope they eventually expand it to DVC members.

Denise in MI

ElizabethB
02-24-2010, 08:22 AM
This is funny. Disney always seems behind the curve. Homeowners who rent their houses to vacationers in the Orlando area have been decorating rooms in Disney character themes for years. And, Portafino Bay Hotel has had Dr. Seuss themed kids suites since the hotel opened.

PoohsFan1
02-24-2010, 08:56 AM
What about Mighty Ducks at ASSp? Or Herbie the Love Bug at POP?

Oooooh...Mary Poppins at the GF!!:banana::banana::banana:

Don't they already have a Mighty Ducks and Herbie the Love Bug rooms at the ASMovies?

kaffinito
02-24-2010, 08:59 AM
So maybe Cinderella or Sleeping beauty at the GF, Lilo and Stitch or Peter Pan and Tinkerbell at Poly, Little Mermaid at BC/YC, Mickey and Minnie Mouse at the CR, the possibilities are very fun:thumbsup2

I would love to stay in a Tinkerbell room! :yay::yay::yay::yay:

sumertime
02-24-2010, 10:14 AM
Can you imagine a room with a pumpkin carriage?

marypopfan
02-24-2010, 01:33 PM
I would love :love: for them to put bunks in the value rooms. My 17yr old and 10yr old would love it to. LOL

CindyIsMyFave
02-24-2010, 02:24 PM
If they ever made a Cinderella themed block of rooms at GF, my DH would HAVE to let us stay there once! :woohoo::yay: