PDA

View Full Version : Hotel advice for 3 adults and a Baby!

viviensmama
02-23-2010, 04:19 PM
Hi everybody! My mother really wants to take my sister, my daughter and I for a trip to disney this Summer. We always (pre baby) used to get a room with two double beds and our family would share a room. Now that my daughter will be coming with us, we will need somewhere to put her pack n play in the room where we will not disturb her at night. :confused3 Is this even possible?? I think we should just get two rooms so I can hang out with my mom and sis in their room until I am ready to go to bed (if the rooms are adjoining, obviously). My mother wants us to try to stay in one room. Money is not an object as I will pay for our room if we do use two rooms. Any advice? If you think we will need 2 rooms, what hotel would be most interesting/fun for a 14 month old? Thanks for the help!!!

lathamary
02-23-2010, 04:35 PM
If money is not an issue, I'd go with a Fort Wilderness cabin or a Villa.

Here is info from the Disney World site with information on villas and cabins:
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/benefits/groups/

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
02-23-2010, 04:43 PM
Have you thought about the Contemporary. It's the closest resort to the Magic Kingdom and the only one with a walkway that goes there. Plus their rooms are among the biggest of the Deluxe Resorts.

vettechick99
02-23-2010, 05:08 PM
I hear ya! We had this issue. DD needs daily naps and there is no where to go in a one-room hotel room. We've been staying at Bonnet Creek which has 2 bedrooms.

However, in your case I would just get two rooms. A moderate would work because you can stick the pack in play in the closet area and shut the curtain. She won't be away from sound, but at least from sight.

honeydiane1953
02-23-2010, 05:20 PM
Have you thought about the Contemporary. It's the closest resort to the Magic Kingdom and the only one with a walkway that goes there. Plus their rooms are among the biggest of the Deluxe Resorts.

Yes Contemporary Towers is quiet and elegant. Mousekeepers are on top of their game.

EvilQueenT
02-23-2010, 05:36 PM
if you stay in a larger room/suite (2 room or suite that has bedroom separate) at one of the monorail attached resorts then you can always take turns with who goes back for the baby to nap or for her early to bed times without spending half your trip waiting on buses etc... if you do a hotel with a connecting room, i've stayed in one at port orleans french quarter and it showed its wear a little (needed a new paint job as of 12/08) but suited our purposes well. i've also stayed at the poly in the big kahunna suite (two full bedrooms upstairs, pull out sofa downstairs, full kitchen, living room w/a big flat screen, dining room.... sigh that was fabulous. i could have just stayed there all day. it overlooked mk and the castle and was bigger than my first two apartments put together.

quinnc19
02-23-2010, 09:20 PM
I also think a 1 bedroom Villa with a separate bedroom, kitchen, and washer/dryer would be great for your situation. BLT, BCV and BWV have good transportation where you can walk to at least one park. Very convenient when you have a stroller. I have a similar situation to yours and I loved BWV when I stayed there last year (staying at BLT this year).

viviensmama
02-24-2010, 12:20 PM
A villa really does look like the way to go for us! My only question is do you guys think it would be worth it to trade a villa for the monorail and being able to come back during the day for naps?

Bugsmom73
02-24-2010, 12:31 PM
Go for Bay Lake Towers for a villa and a monorail or Wilderness Lodge for easy transportation too.

vettechick99
02-24-2010, 02:24 PM
The only issue you might have with a 1-bedroom villa is when you put DD down for the night. There is a living room and only one bedroom - will you for sure get the only bedroom? And your mom & sister get the pull-out? If so, you can put DD to bed in the bedroom and shut the door. Go about your evening. But if they get the bedroom, you would have to put DD's pack n play in there for her to sleep and then pull her out when they are ready for bed. Doesn't make much sense. Plus, someone is going to have to sleep on a pull-out in the 1-bed villa situation.

You could get a 2-bed villa, but it gets super expensive. Even when renting points.

viviensmama
02-24-2010, 02:52 PM
Hmmm....it's starting to sound like 2 hotel rooms will be better perhaps. This is one of those things you do NOT even think about before you have children!!! If my daughter and I have our own room I honestly have no problem going to bed basically when she does....if I can't sleep I just read in the bathtub (have had to do the same thing with a hubby who wakes with the dawn). Maybe I can talk my husband into letting us get our own room at the Poly....I've always wanted to stay there and with Viv having the monorail would be pretty awesome!

Thanks for your help everybody!! :) DISers are great!

Hopefully
02-24-2010, 03:05 PM
If you decide to go the 2 room route be sure you request Connecting rooms, not adjoining rooms. Adjoining rooms are next to each other but they do not have an interior door between the 2 rooms, only connecting rooms have this door.
Also this is ONLY a request. You can not be guaranteed you will get connecting rooms.
If you go to the Cabins at Fort Wilderness, there is a separate bedroom with a bunk set and a double bed. The bedroom has a door. There is a pull down Murphy bed in the Living Room. You could put the baby down in the bedroom and enjoy the LR/DR/Kitchen area while she sleeps. Just another option