PDA

View Full Version : Premium Plan for One Night Just for the Tours, LaNouba, etc.??

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

clkelley
02-23-2010, 12:25 PM
Hey all, I'm thinking about splitting up my 2-week stay in December with a 1-night Premium plan in the middle.

If I'm looking at this correctly, I'll have 3 meals, two snacks, a refillable mug, unlimited tours, and unlimited recreation.

I'm thinking I could go to the front desk early, get my new key, and start the first morning with the backwoods Segway tour, then head to the MK for the latest time on Keys to the Kingdom, then rent a water mouse on Bay Lake, then have a nice dinner, then go to Cirque that night.

Then the next morning, start off with the Steam Train tour, then have a nice breakfast somewhere, then maybe the family Magic Tour after breakfast and the Behind the Seeds tour that afternoon, or do the parasailing with Sammy Duval, then a nice dinner and finish off the 2nd evening with the Private Fireworks viewing area.

I have an annual pass, so I would just buy a 1-day ticket and put that away.

I'll be staying at the campground.

What do ya think?? Has anyone done this?? I'm a super frequent visitor, so park time is not huge for me, and I'm thinking this might be a fun couple of days

Symans3honeybees
02-23-2010, 03:16 PM
We will be doing the exact same thing like you. I'll pm you with my plan so you can see how we are doing this. :thumbsup2

beautifultomorrow
02-23-2010, 03:23 PM
this is a very interesting idea, sounds like a great way to get a lot for your money. What tours can you book with the premium plan?

clkelley
02-23-2010, 03:43 PM
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw_nextgen/CoreCatalog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/PDF/2010Premium.pdf

Includes:
All the Magical Extras included in the Magic Your Way Package
Planet Hollywood $15 meal voucher and souvenir keepsake —Valid for $15 worth of food and non-alcoholic beverages and a souvenir merchandise keepsake at Planet Hollywood, Downtown Disney West Side. (Not valid with any other offers or discounts. One voucher per room. One keepsake per room. Voucher required for keepsake.)

Disney's Miniature Golf Experience — Valid for one round of miniature golf per room at either Disney's Fantasia Gardens or Disney's Winter Summerland Miniature Golf Courses.

Walt Disney World marina discounts — Adds 30 minutes of watercraft fun when Guests rent a watercraft for 60 minutes. Valid for Sea Raycers by Sea Ray, Boston Whaler 170 Montauk and Pontoon boat rentals at participating Walt Disney World marina locations. (One voucher per room. Applicable for up to 5 Guests. Not valid all dates and restrictions apply.)

Arcade game card — Valid for 100 game play points in arcades located in Disney Resort hotels. (One card per room.)

Spa, bass fishing and water sports discounts — 15% off the regular price of select spa treatments or therapies, 10% off the regular price of select bass fishing excursions and 10% off the regular price of all activities at Sammy Duvall's Water Sports Center. Subject to availability; restrictions apply.)

Commemorative luggage tag — Receive one commemorative luggage tag for every person in your party.
Room accommodations of your choice
The room accommodations you select are included in the Magic Your Way Premium Package.
Magic Your Way Base Ticket
All Magic Your Way packages include a Magic Your Way Base Ticket for entry into one of the Walt Disney World Theme Parks for each day of your ticket. Customize your ticket by adding days, the Park Hopper® Option, the Water Park Fun & More* Option or the No Expiration Option in any combination that meets your needs.
Three meals and two snacks per person, per night (ages 3 +)**
Choose from select Walt Disney World Resort table-service and quick-service restaurants for all 3 meals, including Signature Dining Experience restaurants, Disney Character dining, Disney Dinner Shows and more.

One adult table-service meal includes one appetizer (lunch or dinner only), one entrée and one dessert (lunch or dinner only), one juice (breakfast only) and one single serving non-alcoholic beverage, or one full buffet.

One child table-service meal includes one appetizer (lunch or dinner only), one entrée, one dessert (lunch or dinner only) and one single serving non-alcoholic beverage, or one full buffet.

One quick-service meal includes one entrée, one dessert (lunch or dinner only) or one juice (breakfast only) and one single serving non-alcoholic beverage.

One snack includes one of the following: frozen ice cream novelty, popsicle, fruit bar, popcorn scoop (single serving box), single serving bag of snacks, single piece of whole fruit, 20-oz. bottle of Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite or Dasani water, 22-oz fountain soft drink, 12-oz. coffee, hot chocolate or hot tea, single serving prepackaged milk or juice.

Applicable taxes are included. Gratuities are not included.

Reservations are strongly suggested and can be made up to 180 days in advance. Please call (407) WDW-DINE (939-3463).*** Reservations are required for Disney Dinner Shows.
Unlimited use of select recreation activities, including golf
Recreation activities include Disney's golf (no tee time restrictions), personal watercraft, guided fishing excursions, horseback riding and more.

(Restrictions apply and advance reservations may be required.)
Admission to the Cirque du Soleil show, La Nouba
Experience the wonder of this one-of-a-kind theatrical delight — created exclusively for Walt Disney World Resort.

(One admission per person; reservations may be made up to 90 days before arrival.)
Preferred fireworks viewing
Enjoy preferred fireworks viewing for Wishes at Magic Kingdom Park and IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth at Epcot.

(Only valid with Magic Your Way Premium and Platinum packages. Valid theme park admission required. One viewing per theme park; advance reservations and voucher required; subject to availability; certain block-out dates apply, including and 12/20/08-1/02/09.)
Unlimited admissions to select theme park tours
Magic Kingdom Theme Park: Disney's Family Magic Tour, Disney's The Magic Behind Our Steam Trains, Disney's Keys to the Kingdom, Mickey's Magical Milestones.

Epcot Theme Park: Behind the Seeds, The UnDISCOVERed Future World, Around the World at Epcot Tour, Simply Segway® Experience at Epcot, Gardens of the World, Yuletide Fantasy (seasonal).

Disney's Animal Kingdom Park: Disney's Backstage Safari Tour, Disney's Wild By Design Tour.

Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort: Disney's Wilderness Back Trail Adventure.

(Restrictions apply to selected tours. Subject to availability and schedule.)
Unlimited admissions to Children's Activity Centers
Children's Activity Centers (for ages 4-12) are at select Disney Resort hotels. Certain restrictions apply. Hours may vary by location.
Admission to select Grand Gathering Experiences (for parties of 8 or more)
If you have 8 or more in your party, a variety of magical experiences are waiting for you!

(Advance reservations required. Subject to availability. Two table-service meals will be redeemed per person, except for the Good Morning Character Breakfast, which requires only one table-service meal.)
One Resort-refillable drink mug
Bring your Resort mug to any quick-service restaurant at your Disney Resort hotel and refill it as often as you like for the length of your stay.
One portrait session and print package from Disney's PhotoPass Professional Portraits service

beautifultomorrow
02-24-2010, 12:44 AM
Thanks for the info! This sounds like a really great idea!

DisneyaholicRaquel
02-24-2010, 08:51 AM
I was thinking of doing this too...do they give you a certificate for Cirque and you exchange it at the box office? Do you have to use it that one day or does it say good until XXXX? Does anyone have any experience with this?

Symans3honeybees
02-24-2010, 09:36 AM
I was able to select our 12 seats yesterday with a CM @ the cirque box office line. Since all of us are on the plan, the CM was able to pull up our reservations as reference and assigned the best seats she could find. She told me that the vouchers are inside our reservation packs. we can exchange them for our tickets from the box office anytime after 11am of the day your show. She also informed me that all guests must be seated 10 minutes before the show time. We need to allow exact time at the box office.

I am officially done with the planning phase. Can't wait to enjoy it now!!:banana:

Symans3honeybees
02-24-2010, 09:38 AM
I was thinking of doing this too...do they give you a certificate for Cirque and you exchange it at the box office? Do you have to use it that one day or does it say good until XXXX? Does anyone have any experience with this?

It's good from your package check in date until your package check out date. Please note that there's no shows on Sundays and Mondays.

DisneyaholicRaquel
02-24-2010, 09:47 AM
It's good from your package check in date until your package check out date. Please note that there's no shows on Sundays and Mondays.

That's why I was wondering if it's a certificate you receive because I wanted my check in day to be on Sunday. Since, there is no shows Sunday or Monday could I use them Tuesday?

clkelley
02-24-2010, 09:52 AM
That's why I was wondering if it's a certificate you receive because I wanted my check in day to be on Sunday. Since, there is no shows Sunday or Monday could I use them Tuesday?

I doubt it. Since it is a package element, they would expire at midnight on your checkout day.

clkelley
02-24-2010, 09:53 AM
Also, a Sunday, Monday combo wouldn't be good, since very few of the tours run on Sunday.

A Monday, Tuesday combo, or Tuesday, Wed combo would work much better.

Symans3honeybees
02-24-2010, 11:51 AM
our check in date is a Friday which makes it easier to plan with the show. Have you considered getting the plan on the last 2 nights of your stay?

clkelley
02-24-2010, 12:02 PM
our check in date is a Friday which makes it easier to plan with the show. Have you considered getting the plan on the last 2 nights of your stay?

I think to really make this worth it, it has to be somewhere in the middle of your stay as you will want to get started early the first morning and also do things till late the 2nd day. Also, I pull a camper, so I have some setup and breakdown

So here's what I'm doing. I arrive late Friday, Saturday is setup (lots of Christmas decorations), Sunday and Monday are chill time and go putzing around on the golf cart. Tuesday morning starts new reservation, go to office get new keys, then play really hard with everything planned on Tuesday/Wednesday. Then again at some point on Wednesday morning pick up new keys again for the rest of my stay.

Symans3honeybees
02-24-2010, 12:11 PM
I think to really make this worth it, it has to be somewhere in the middle of your stay as you will want to get started early the first morning and also do things till late the 2nd day. Also, I pull a camper, so I have some setup and breakdown

So here's what I'm doing. I arrive late Friday, Saturday is setup (lots of Christmas decorations), Sunday and Monday are chill time and go putzing around on the golf cart. Tuesday morning starts new reservation, go to office get new keys, then play really hard with everything planned on Tuesday/Wednesday. Then again at some point on Wednesday morning pick up new keys again for the rest of my stay.

NICE!!:woohoo:

singnring
02-24-2010, 02:29 PM
To OP:

LOL!!! I was just running the numbers and such for the exact same idea last night.

I tried to estimate the time it would take to get to and from separate events, the time for the events themselves, and then try to still fit in three meals.

I'm still not sure it will work out to benefit us though.

Need to put more time into the calcs and plans.

disneyfan55
02-24-2010, 02:58 PM
Just wondering on the cost and where the one night reservation is? I never thought of doing this.

Symans3honeybees
02-24-2010, 04:44 PM
To OP:

LOL!!! I was just running the numbers and such for the exact same idea last night.

I tried to estimate the time it would take to get to and from separate events, the time for the events themselves, and then try to still fit in three meals.

I'm still not sure it will work out to benefit us though.

Need to put more time into the calcs and plans.

I spent 3 months planning this. It was no easy especially when we have 12 people. :wizard:
Keep in mind that you do not need to do everything or eat every credit in one day. We only have a one-night "Premium Plan" but we would play and eat for 2 full days. We do not have any breakfast eater in our group, so a lunch and dinner each day is sufficient. Don't forget that you are entitled to 2 snack credits too. BTW, we won't be doing any theme park tours at all. We are "Only" doing: Cirque du Soleil($90), Parasailing($100+), Golf lesson($75+), water skiing($?), Personal water crafts(2 hrs-price unsure), portrait photo session($50+), Segway @FW($90), miniature golf($13+) and finally a lunch @Fulton crab house and dinner @Narcoosee's and Artists point.
I hope this can help will with your planning.

Symans3honeybees
02-24-2010, 04:49 PM
Just wondering on the cost and where the one night reservation is? I never thought of doing this.

it's $164.99/per night/adult and $114.99/per night/child(3-9)

beautifultomorrow
02-24-2010, 06:06 PM
I have been doing some research on this since I saw this thread yesterday. It appears that most (all?) room discounts are not valid if you want to purchase the premium/platinum plans?

Not really a big deal if you are staying value or campground and doing premium, but I am especially interested in platinum (Victoria & Albert's, Living Seas tours, spa treatment, fireworks cruise, etc!) and that also requires that you stay deluxe, so that's another big chunk of change. However, I am pretty sure I could still easily get my money's worth with one night. (Two people eating at V&A twice (can you do that?) and two massages is worth $750 alone)

My only other hangup is the fact that I have an AP and having three seperate reservations on one trip will probably require me to buy several park tickets I dont need, but at least I can always save them for the future!

Thanks again for bringing this topic up, its a great idea!

Symans3honeybees
02-24-2010, 07:57 PM
I have already told my DH that for our next trip, I want to go "Platinum" for one night. For $229 per adult, it's really a great deal, IMO.

singnring
02-24-2010, 10:28 PM
I spent 3 months planning this. It was no easy especially when we have 12 people. :wizard:
Keep in mind that you do not need to do everything or eat every credit in one day. We only have a one-night "Premium Plan" but we would play and eat for 2 full days. We do not have any breakfast eater in our group, so a lunch and dinner each day is sufficient. Don't forget that you are entitled to 2 snack credits too. BTW, we won't be doing any theme park tours at all. We are "Only" doing: Cirque du Soleil($90), Parasailing($100+), Golf lesson($75+), water skiing($?), Personal water crafts(2 hrs-price unsure), portrait photo session($50+), Segway @FW($90), miniature golf($13+) and finally a lunch @Fulton crab house and dinner @Narcoosee's and Artists point.
I hope this can help will with your planning.

Thanks for the run-down of your activities.

I did consider the fact that we will have 2 days, but we also have to find time to get into our room day 1, and out of that room and into room 2 the 2d day (assuming they move us).

Our issue is that DD is only 11 and is not old enough to do things like the Segway tour, which I REALLY want to do!

We would do Cirque again, for sure. I was also looking @ things like horseback riding, archery, water sprites, mini golf (this isn't as much of a value since we get 1/2 price as passholders), maybe 1 tour.

DD being 11 is really limiting our options. Hmmm... maybe I should leave her home! :rotfl:

Dizzyworld
02-24-2010, 10:33 PM
This is very interesting. Something to think about for a future trip. I'm impressed with whoever thought about this idea. :thumbsup2

DisneyaholicRaquel
02-25-2010, 07:51 AM
Hey got another question....do you receive 3 meal credits or are the credits specifically for 1 breakfast, 1 lunch & 1 dinner. Just wondering if I can use 1 credit for dinner the day I check in and 1 credit for lunch / 1 credit for dinner checkout day?

clkelley
02-25-2010, 08:41 AM
It is basically the deluxe dining plan, so you get three dining credits and two snacks per person to be used any way you wish throughout the package.

As far as getting in and out of your room, you should be sure to reserve the same level of room. You should be able to stay in the same room.

su_A_ve
02-25-2010, 09:39 AM
I always thought you need a min. 3 night stay to make it a package... Not a bad idea.

Only problem to do it in the middle of a stay. You'll need a package before and another one after.

For the person who asked about the credits, it's 3 credits per person per room. So, if it's 2 adults for example, you'll have 6 sit-down meals per day, which you can use 1 credit (per person) on a regular sit down, and 2 credits/PP on an expensive one. Or split them into two days, the day you arrive, and the day you depart (the next day) :)

DisneyaholicRaquel
02-25-2010, 09:50 AM
Gotcha!!! I think we will do this arrival day since we arrive @ 9:00 am.

Thanks!

clkelley
02-25-2010, 10:08 AM
I always thought you need a min. 3 night stay to make it a package... Not a bad idea.

Only problem to do it in the middle of a stay. You'll need a package before and another one after.

:)

I honestly wouldn't recommend this for someone who needs a package for their entire stay. I feel confident doing this because 1 - I have an annual pass, and 2) the rest of my reservation is room only.

I have a 2-week stay and often have multiple reservations to get the best price for that long of a stay and have never been moved, so as I said before, I will arrive on a room-only reservation at the campground, get set up and chill for a couple of days, then the day of the package, run by the check-in desk and grab my new room key, then off to the "races" for two days to enjoy my tours and experiences. Then, after the 2-day package is over, I will check back in for a continuing, room-only reservation for the remainder of my stay. I am 100% confident that I won't have to move.

The 1-day ticket that I will have to purchase as part of the package will be put away and used at a later date when it is time to renew my annual pass.

I also visit VERY frequently (at least 5 - 6 times per year) and have over 50 trips to the World. We are empty nesters and even though we visit often, we spend very little time in the parks, so I won't feel like I'm "wasting park time" by doing this.

Having to deal with "anything" other than just picking up new room keys will cut into your time for those 2 days.

su_A_ve
02-25-2010, 10:11 AM

For the person who asked about the credits, it's 3 credits per person per room. So, if it's 2 adults for example, you'll have 6 sit-down meals per day, which you can use 1 credit (per person) on a regular sit down, and 2 credits/PP on an expensive one. Or split them into two days, the day you arrive, and the day you depart (the next day) :)

I'll correct myself after chatting with a CM...

They say the entitlements are 3 meals per day. It doesn't matter where, quick service, sit down, signature or even V&A. Price difference between premium and platinum seems to be about $56 per adult. So if you plan on doing V&A, it's worth it.

Price per adult for premium is $164, and platinum is $220. If you divide this in two days and take advantage of several things, it's not a bad idea...

So you'll eat like a pig!

Symans3honeybees
02-25-2010, 10:11 AM
Hey got another question....do you receive 3 meal credits or are the credits specifically for 1 breakfast, 1 lunch & 1 dinner. Just wondering if I can use 1 credit for dinner the day I check in and 1 credit for lunch / 1 credit for dinner checkout day?

Yes, you are entitled to 3 meals credit for each package night. It doesn't matter where you choose to eat. A counter service meal is one meal credit; while a "signature" restaurant dinner is also one meal credit. You are not going to be using 2 meal credits for any signature restaurants listed on the WDW Premium plan brochures.

equinoxman
02-25-2010, 11:49 AM

On the Premium and Platinum plans there are no 2 credit meals all sit down, signature dining and Dinner shows are 1 credit.

equinoxman
02-25-2010, 12:01 PM
A tip of the hat to the OP for this idea. I had the deluxe dining for 8 nights in December, I usually pay oop for cirque and Spirit of Aloha and Hoop De Do review and fish 1 or 2 times on our stay. chanbed my plans to first day premium plan and rest of stay using deluxe dining cost was $513.00 more
2 people 2 dinner shows=$240.00
2 people cirque= $170.00
2 trips fishing= $500.00
total $910.00
definetly works for me
By the way we drive and get into Orlando area 2 days before my ressies start so we get to the Poly bright and early and start the fun.

su_A_ve
02-25-2010, 12:18 PM
A tip of the hat to the OP for this idea. I had the deluxe dining for 8 nights in December, I usually pay oop for cirque and Spirit of Aloha and Hoop De Do review and fish 1 or 2 times on our stay. chanbed my plans to first day premium plan and rest of stay using deluxe dining cost was $513.00 more
2 people 2 dinner shows=$240.00
2 people cirque= $170.00
2 trips fishing= $500.00
total $910.00
definetly works for me
By the way we drive and get into Orlando area 2 days before my ressies start so we get to the Poly bright and early and start the fun.

I just did a sample quote for 2 adults, one night at Bay lake towers, overlooking MK. 1 day base tickets and platinum MYW, about $1100

Not bad for an anniversary weekend trip!

beautifultomorrow
02-25-2010, 04:07 PM
I just did a sample quote for 2 adults, one night at Bay lake towers, overlooking MK. 1 day base tickets and platinum MYW, about $1100

Not bad for an anniversary weekend trip!

Yeah, I priced out one night at GF in the middle of our honeymoon (Dec.) and I think it was $950 something. Sticker shock set in at first, but once you consider what you're getting its not a bad deal at all! We are hoping to get a PIN or AP rate to save about 40% off our room at GF, so we'll miss out on that discount for that one night, making the extra out of pocket expense for two for the Platinum plan around $600. BUT here is my dream itinerary for those 2 days, with estimated cost if you were to pay OOP. (I dont know if this is at all doable but this is my rough idea!)

DAY 1
Epcot Segway tour ($99x2)
lunch at Epcot using leftover DDP credits from 1st reservation ($0)
Aqua Seas tour ($140x2)
Dinner late seating at Victoria & Albert's ($125x2)

Day 2
Morning tour or water sports ($ ???)
Lunch at Cinderella's Royal Table ($51x2)
Swedish massage at GF spa ($145x2) PP includes gratuity at the spa
Photopass portrait session at GF ($ ???)
Dinner at Victoria & Alberts ($125x2)
OR Dinner at Narcoossees (~ $60x2) + Wishes fireworks cruise ($300?)

+ photopass cd ($100 ?)

I wish there was a way to eat at V&A twice AND do a fireworks cruise but I don't think the schedule will allow it.

If we don't do 1 night platinum we'd most likely pay out of pocket for 1 meal at V&A, spa treatments, portrait session and photopass Cd. I think that stuff alone covers the $600 expense, all the extra stuff would be like a fantastic bonus. I also didn't know which prices included tax so I didn't factor that in at all.

I really hope we'd be able to keep our same room at GF, but I suppose that's the downside I'll have to live with! :)

beansmom
02-26-2010, 12:41 PM
ok type reallll slow an splain this to me, please:

i can book a one night Premium package (any hotel restrictions? i assume not) and go to that hotel EARLY one morning, check in and start my tours, meals, etc? and then continue to frolic until midnight the following day on the same perks?

it sounds too good to be true...

Symans3honeybees
02-26-2010, 01:20 PM
ok type reallll slow an splain this to me, please:

i can book a one night Premium package (any hotel restrictions? i assume not) and go to that hotel EARLY one morning, check in and start my tours, meals, etc? and then continue to frolic until midnight the following day on the same perks?

it sounds too good to be true...

But it is true..:thumbsup2 I have everything arranged as such.:love:

ihave4kids
02-26-2010, 01:32 PM
It is true.This is exactly what we did last year.We checked in early one day and for the next 2 days,we went all out.We did Cirque,Hoop,Spirit of Aloha,boys played golf twice,rented jet skis and went parasailing.went on a fishing tour,rented a Sea Raycer and went horseback riding.It was great!!!

KBazzel
02-26-2010, 10:04 PM
I've always wanted to go see the Cirque show but was hesitant to spend that kind of money. I started talking about this idea with DH and his comment was that I spent so much time making sure that our girls enjoyed every second of our Disney vacations that I should get to do something that I've always wanted to do. :love: So I started pricing things out and I think we're going to do the Platinum package for 1 night in Dec at the end of our stay.

First package 7 day, 6 night at CSR with dining. I'll get 8 day park hoppers and save the 1 day tickets from our platinum package for another trip.

Day 1
Check out at 7 or 8 on Friday morning and check into WL. We'll have our car so can leave all of our luggage in the car and hit the ground running.

Behind the seeds
CRT Lunch
Epcot Seas (DH and DD9) (DD6 and I will probably go rent a watercraft)
Dinner leftover CS from first package
Cirque

Day 2

Portrait session at WL early morning
Lunch TBD @ Signature
Horseback riding
HDD
Carriage Ride
Fireworks Cruise

Along with the photopass CD I think it will be well worth it. We'll end up with a room only reservation for the night of Day 2 so that we hopefully don't have to move out of our room.

Thanks to the OP for this idea! While I wish we could take advantage of more tours, my girls just aren't old enough yet. But I still think we're getting our money's worth. And if this works well this time we'll probably try it again when they get older. I really want to do the Segway & V&A.

beautifultomorrow
02-27-2010, 12:54 AM
I've always wanted to go see the Cirque show but was hesitant to spend that kind of money. I started talking about this idea with DH and his comment was that I spent so much time making sure that our girls enjoyed every second of our Disney vacations that I should get to do something that I've always wanted to do. :love: So I started pricing things out and I think we're going to do the Platinum package for 1 night in Dec at the end of our stay.

First package 7 day, 6 night at CSR with dining. I'll get 8 day park hoppers and save the 1 day tickets from our platinum package for another trip.

Day 1
Check out at 7 or 8 on Friday morning and check into WL. We'll have our car so can leave all of our luggage in the car and hit the ground running.

Behind the seeds
CRT Lunch
Epcot Seas (DH and DD9) (DD6 and I will probably go rent a watercraft)
Dinner leftover CS from first package
Cirque

Day 2

Portrait session at WL early morning
Lunch TBD @ Signature
Horseback riding
HDD
Carriage Ride
Fireworks Cruise

Along with the photopass CD I think it will be well worth it. We'll end up with a room only reservation for the night of Day 2 so that we hopefully don't have to move out of our room.

Thanks to the OP for this idea! While I wish we could take advantage of more tours, my girls just aren't old enough yet. But I still think we're getting our money's worth. And if this works well this time we'll probably try it again when they get older. I really want to do the Segway & V&A.

I think your itinerary sounds awesome! One thing to be aware of if you aren't already, when I did the Aqua Seas tour with my sister in Nov. '09 it was only offered like 2 days a week, we did it on Wednesday so maybe Friday was the other day?

Have you found many signature restaurants that are open for lunch? Off the top of my head I couldn't think of any besides Cinderella's Royal Table and Hollywood Brown Derby and I suppose I'd count the DTD restaurants that aren't normally on the DDP. If you know of others I'd love to know which ones!

KBazzel
02-27-2010, 07:48 AM
Thanks for the heads up! I was having trouble finding the days for the Aqua Seas tour but wdwinfo.com lists it as a dialy tour at 12:30. I will double check though cause we know that info on the net can be wrong. :-)

As for lunch...I'm having a tough time which is why it's still open. CRT, Brown Derby and room service seem to be the only signature options for lunch (and lunch isn't available RS at WL). I might just end up doing WCC or somewhere in Epcot. I hate to not eat signature though when we have the opportunity. We have some time that day so maybe we'll pop over to Brown Derby. Never been there before. I might just bite the bullet and try to schedule a signature dinner before cirque but then we'll have to pay OOP for lunch the next day. Might be worth it though. Decisions, decisions. :-)

beansmom
02-27-2010, 08:54 AM
i signed up, too...for a day at the beginning of our trip so we can hit Cirque. We needed to buy tickets for the trip anyway so that worked into the plan.

Now to make my agenda and wait by the phone to make my calls! Wooohooo!!

Symans3honeybees
02-27-2010, 09:49 AM
KBazzel,
Don't forget to ADR your massage sessions if you're getting the Platinum!! We will be having a lunch at DTD's Fulton's Crab House. Their lunch menu doesn't look too bad.

KBazzel
02-27-2010, 10:14 AM
I'm trying desperately to figure out how to get a massage in there...child care is really a problem sometimes. :-) Thinking I might be able to do it Fri if DH entertains the kids though. We'll see.

Symans3honeybees
02-27-2010, 10:36 AM
I'm trying desperately to figure out how to get a massage in there...child care is really a problem sometimes. :-) Thinking I might be able to do it Fri if DH entertains the kids though. We'll see.

The platinum is so much more:
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/vacation-packages/2010/platinum/
Unlimited children Activity Center(free kid sitter), anyone??

JLO
02-27-2010, 01:33 PM
Oh, I am so excited about the thought of this!!! I'm just wondering, though, if someone could please help me with plans? I would do it at the beginnning of our stay (at a different hotel -we're staying at Poly but would do it at WL).

There are 4 of us: me, DH, DS13, DD8. I would definitely want to do the following things: Hoop De Doo, Polynesian Luau, horse drawn wagon ride, boat rental (boston Whaler) and a separate rental for the personal water craft. Optional are (in order): horsedrawn wagon ride, bicycle rental, parasailing, dinner at 1900 Park Fare. I do not mind putting my daughter in childcare one day in order to do one of the tours, either.

I know this is an awful lot to ask, but is anyone willing to help me plan? We would check in on Friday, April 30th and check out on the 1st of May for our 7-day room only stay at the Poly. Thank you SO much!

Also, I heard in the past that if you check in to one hotel while still on the last plan, it kind of voids the rest of your package stuff. Is this true? In other words, could we do a lot of our things around the WL and then, do a bunch of stuff at the Poly the next day and still be able to check in at the Poly, say about 2:00 and have all the package components still work?

KBazzel
02-27-2010, 01:40 PM
Yep, but none of the child care centers I've seen are open during the day - only from 4:30 to midnight (and everything we're doing at night we want to take the kids on). I even thought about having a babysitter in room but because we're moving resorts I won't be guaranteed to actually have a room when I need it the first morning. I contemplated it for the segway tour with just my DH though...might try and fit that in too if I can swing it. So many options!! Not enough time in the 2 days. :-)

But I love this thread because I've already revised my schedule based on a couple of suggestions here. Love the help in making sure I get the most out of this adventure! Thanks. :-)

KBazzel
02-27-2010, 01:57 PM
JLO, are you doing premium or platinum? And have you considered doing the Cirque show La Nouba? I hear it's absolutely amazing and for us is what's making the extra cost worth it (tickets for my family would have been $330).

Now, realize that I haven't done this yet myself :-) So I'm basing my information on what I've found online.

Both of the dinner shows you've listed are dinner only which means you'd have to do a lunch or breakfast for your 3rd credit. The signature options for lunch are limited - Cinderella's Royal Table (which is what I'd recommend - my girls loved it just for the experience) and Brown Derby.

What I did was start backwards from the time of the dinner/shows that we wanted to do each night and just looked at what else I could fit in. You'll need to check the list of tours and their restrictions (not just ages but also days and times that they're offered). I've found this site very helpful http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/tours.htm Not all of them are offered with the premium plan but I think most all are offered with the platinum. My husband and daughter are planning the aqua seas tour which along with the free photopass and fireworks cruise made it worth uping to the platinum plan for us (I think the additional cost was about $200). The problem I had with most of the tours was that my kids (9&6) couldn't go on most of them (and the one they could go on got really mixed reviews). But we're doing other things instead. Maybe we'll do this again when they get older and hit more of the tours.

JLO
02-27-2010, 02:12 PM
Kbazzel, Thanks for responding so quickly. Yes, I forgot to add La Nouba, my main reason for thinking of this! Can you do the best tickets front and center) when you have the package?

We are thinking of the premium (not platinum) plan - I was thinking of doing the Hoop Dee Doo Review early show at 5:00 p.m. and then the LaNouba show at 9:30. I don't know if that would be too much for us... after a long day full of boat rentals, etc. Then, save the Luau for the following night when we will already be at the Poly.

I love the idea of the boat rentals and parasailing and I know my kids would love a carriage ride (can you do that around Ft. Wilderness or Port Orleans?)

Can you (or someone) tell me what the difference is between the premium and platinum?

Thanks again, so much!

JLO
02-27-2010, 02:14 PM
Forgot to ask... how do you know which tours are included with premium and which with platinum?

Symans3honeybees
02-27-2010, 02:39 PM
I hope these would help with your planning.

Platinum http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw_nextgen/CoreCatalog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/PDF/2010Platinum.pdf
Premium
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw_nextgen/CoreCatalog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/PDF/2010Premium.pdf
If you like any extensive planning, I will be more than happy to...

KBazzel
02-27-2010, 04:06 PM
When I called to ask Disney they said you'd get category 2 La Nouba tickets. However, I've heard that since some of the show is overhead that section is really great.

I think it depends on your family. I know that we're going to be busier in the evenings (shows, dinner, fireworks cruises, etc.) so I've scheduled some down time during the day. Not alot but maybe just sitting on a bench at DTD and resting. We're doing the early Cirque show but that's strictly because I have young kids and we'll be up very late the next night for the fireworks cruise. I'm going to try and fit in dinner at Fulton Crab House that night since we'll already be in DTD.

I believe that you can do either the carriage ride at WL or POR. My suggestion would be to do whichever one you're closer to. We're planning to do WL because we'll horseback ride, do HDD and then the carraige ride before leaving for the fireworks cruise.

The Platinum package costs more but it includes more perks. The links that Honeybees posted are exactly what you need and if you look to the right hand side of the page there should be a link to a brochure for each one that gives a little more information (including a list of exactly what tours are included with which package).

I started putting everything into an excel spreadsheet including dates, times and prices. This helped me so much to pinpoint my schedule (and where I hadn't left myself enough time for traveling and ended up rescheduling a couple things). Also, google serach and allears.net and wdwinfo sites have been my best friend while I was trying to find times, prices and details for things.

My suggestion is to put it all down on paper so you can see it. Until I did that I didn't realize I had a couple problems with my schedule. It also helped me to check the prices and know it was worth paying the extra money for the package.

Symans3honeybees
02-27-2010, 04:34 PM
We chose to stay at the Contemporary because it is where the marina's located. It makes more sense to us because we will be able to go parasailing, learn to water skii, tubing and the personal water crafts(you know, all the wet stuff..:goodvibes) Not worrying about travelling "wet" is a big plus. The blue flag boat travels in a loop of CR, WL, and FW between 6:45am and 11:30pm. From CR to FW on the morning of our scheduled Segway tour at FW, it is just a short boat ride on the blue flag boat.
We have already reserved our Cirque du Soleil tickets. We(12pp) are in section 203, rows FF and GG, 6 seats each row from the isle. The CM/407-WDW-SHOW will search for the best available seats for you. BTW, you should have the seating chart in front of you when you call. :3dglasses

Bete
02-27-2010, 04:44 PM
This is fab! I will definitely keep this in mind on our next trip.

Something tells me you better do this now if you can. Disney will figure this out sooner or later and will make sure there are other requirements like a 3 day minimum or whatever to use the plan.

What a great way to squeeze that penny out of Disney and totally legal. Thanks OP.

Symans3honeybees
02-27-2010, 04:49 PM
This is fab! I will definitely keep this in mind on our next trip.

Something tells me you better do this now if you can. Disney will figure this out sooner or later and will make sure there are other requirements like a 3 day minimum or whatever to use the plan.

What a great way to squeeze that penny out of Disney and totally legal. Thanks OP.

According to my calculation, we are likely to rack in about $650/pp for just one night's plan.

Bete
02-27-2010, 05:24 PM
I know there's a price difference.

What do you get in the more expensive plan that's not available in the cheaper plan? Pleas help and TIA. I did look at the pamphlet and I'm not seeing the differences very well.

Symans3honeybees
02-27-2010, 05:35 PM
I know there's a price difference.

What do you get in the more expensive plan that's not available in the cheaper plan? Pleas help and TIA. I did look at the pamphlet and I'm not seeing the differences very well.

Let's see. Some of the extra with the Platinum plan are:
A massage($100+)
Richard Petty riding-along experience
Children activities center
Firework Cruise($300+)
Dinner @ Victoria & Albert(this is a $125 value)
Photopass CD?
Sea Quest/Dive @Epcot
ETC....

KBazzel
02-27-2010, 05:45 PM
Disney doesn't publish the cost of the packages on their website (at least that I've found) so I had to get my information from one of the disney sites. Can't remember which one but it was either allears.net or the dis site (wdwinfo). They can give you the exact cost for each adult and child. It'll be different based on your party. I have 2 adults and 2 kids and the difference for us between the premium and the platinum came in at just under $200. We're getting that back in the aqua seas tour, photopass cd and fireworks cruise.

Bete
02-27-2010, 05:58 PM
A massage($100+)
Children activities center
Firework Cruise($300+)
Photopass CD?
Sea Quest/Dive @Epcot
ETC....

I'm getting the bigger picture, now. I must be brain dead today.

Bete
02-27-2010, 06:06 PM
Under vacation packages for the Disney website I'm not seeing how you would put in your request for the premium or platinum plan? Do you need to call and book by phone for your vacation package for these upgrades?

Symans3honeybees
02-27-2010, 06:37 PM
Under vacation packages for the Disney website I'm not seeing how you would put in your request for the premium or platinum plan? Do you need to call and book by phone for your vacation package for these upgrades?

One minor thing about these plans I forgot to mention...the only discount you could use is an AAA rate via your TA. I try to use a room discount code for the premium online. Not happening!!! So prepare to pay a bit more, unless you belong to AAA. I even inquired about a possible "Free dining" code then upgrading that to the premium plan...Not happening again!!
O'well, we can't have it ALL, right?!:rotfl2:

beautifultomorrow
02-27-2010, 09:56 PM

If you are going through a non-discount link the options should show up on there under dining plans (may not be called exactly that). I do know, like PP said that you can't get it with most discounts so that may be why its not showing up for you. Also something to note, while it appears you can add premium plan to any resort, the platinum plan is only available at deluxe and DVC resorts.

I am so pleased to hear that the plans might be available with a AAA discount. That is great news for us! Thanks for sharing that!

One more thing, did anyone who is considering the platinum plan notice on the PDf (or somewhere?) that it said you might placed on a fireworks cruise with other parties? Not a big deal I guess but I don't really consider it worth the full value if you are sharing a boat with random strangers. Also, does anyone know if the Wishes cruise is the one with the music?

P.S. Bete, I see you are from Crawfordsville! That is my fiance's hometown! We currently live down in southern indiana! :)

Bete
02-28-2010, 08:45 AM
One more thing, did anyone who is considering the platinum plan notice on the PDf (or somewhere?) that it said you might placed on a fireworks cruise with other parties? Not a big deal I guess but I don't really consider it worth the full value if you are sharing a boat with random strangers. Also, does anyone know if the Wishes cruise is the one with the music?

P.S. Bete, I see you are from Crawfordsville! That is my fiance's hometown! We currently live down in southern indiana! :)

I wasn't born in C'vlle, but we're here for about 16 years, now.

The firework cruises are shared under the plan, but there's a devoted boat for this purpose. Sometimes, no one else shows up and it's totally yours for the cruise. We have shared with a group before (paying OOP) and we actually enjoyed being with others and sharing our visits with one another.

I can't answer about the Wishes cruise. You may have to call Disney to see if they can tell you.

Rhonda
02-28-2010, 10:22 AM
Hi Carol,

Yes - you could do this! The price would be $303. Your first reservation would need to be split into two separate reservations, so you would owe a new $200 deposit on the Premium package reservation, as well as a new one-night's deposit on the new room-only reservation. :)

disneyfan55
02-28-2010, 10:30 AM
Yes, this really looks like a good idea to do for 1 night. I did try to price with room discounts and the Premium choice was not there online. When I did it with out a disount, the option was there. Are there 2 different premium choices or just 1? Thanks!!

disneysuncat
02-28-2010, 10:35 AM
Tell me if I am thinking of this correctly...

If we were going to do the premium for two nights/three days, I would have a total of 6 meals per person, to be eaten anywhere on the premium list, correct? And these six meals can be any variety of breakfast/lunch/dinner? (and I can do this with purchasing one-day base tickets?)

I am thinking (ha, see the steam coming out my ears?) that we could do it like this:

Day one (we'll be checking out from our other package, back into same hotel)
lunch (? Maybe Le Cellier)
dinner (Fulton's Crab House)

Day two
lunch (Hollywood Brown Derby)
dinner (Yachtsmans Steakhouse)

Day three (check out of room, back in for one night on room-only)
lunch (not sure yet)
dinner (Fulton's Crab House again, because why not?)
La Nouba

Other activities worked in where they can, like maybe the minature golf, archery, etc. Haven't really decided on those. We were planning to do quick-serve dining on our 11 night trip, with at least two signature dinners out-of-pocket. (Fulton's and Yachtmans). If we do it this way, we'll be doing our 8 nights of quick-serve dining, then checking back in for two days on the premium, and checking in the last day with the room-only. However, from what I am seeing, I can extend those 6 meals from the premium plan to cover the last day, since the credits are good until midnight.

Doing this instead of our original 11-night quick serve plan would cost me a total of $737.54 more than before. (factoring in three one-day base tickets, room only for the very last night, etc.) I then figured what we might would eat at each place (3 of us, all pricing before tips.)

Le Cellier (lunch) @ $123
Fultons (dinner) @ $270

Hollywood Brown Derby (lunch) @ $163
Yachtsmans (dinner) @ $222

??? (lunch, maybe at Rainforest Cafe) @ $170
Fulton's (again! dinner) $270

That comes to $1218 for those meals.
La Nouba tickets would come to $272 for us, so we're at $1490 of value before I add on any other activities. $1490 of value for $737.54 more than our previous price. (seems like a deal to me?) And I had already planned on one Fulton's and one Yachtsman's out of pocket, so......

I had planned to spend $492 for two dinners, but I can pay $245.54 more than I had planned to spend, get four ADDITIONAL dinners, plus La Nouba, plus one-day tickets to use later, plus any of the other activities I add on for us (like the golfing, etc.)

Seems like a good deal to me. Am I figuring this right?

Symans3honeybees
02-28-2010, 03:02 PM
Disneysuncat,
You are "Pro" at this already!! But make sure your last night of the premium plan does not fall on a Sunday or Monday when the show goes "Dark".

beautifultomorrow
02-28-2010, 03:10 PM
Yes, this really looks like a good idea to do for 1 night. I did try to price with room discounts and the Premium choice was not there online. When I did it with out a disount, the option was there. Are there 2 different premium choices or just 1? Thanks!!

There are two separate plans, the Premium plan and the Platinum plan. Platinum is only available by staying deluxe or DVC resort so it won't show up as a choice if you select a value or moderate resort.

Premium is something like $165ish per night per adult and platinum is $220-230 per night per adult.

disneysuncat
02-28-2010, 04:21 PM
Disneysuncat,
You are "Pro" at this already!! But make sure your last night of the premium plan does not fall on a Sunday or Monday when the show goes "Dark".

Thanks! :) It doesn't, I already looked at the schedule (subject to change, I am sure!) Our dates for this part of the plan would be 11/15, 11/16, 11/17. (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday) but wouldn't you know it, they are closed for whatever reason on that Tuesday, 11/16! But that's fine, as we can go on 11/17 (Wednesday.)

ANYWAY....I just called and booked it! I added on an extra day on the premium part for now (3 nights, 4 days!) but we may take that back down to what I had before.

The cast member started telling me that I couldn't book it with a one-day base ticket, so I said "that's fine, you can online, I'll just book there." He was "no no no, I'll call guest services to confirm!" Then he came back and said "I stand corrected."

Right now I have 8 days (with a 10 day park hopper) booked at POFQ and quick service dining, then 3 nights (same hotel) on the Premium plan. I still need to add that last room only for the last night.

We may knock a day or two off of the first reservation, to offset the premium days a bit. Or we may not. I am so glad I saw this thread, this is going to be a lot of fun for my Mom's birthday!
(and my daughter will love it too!)

missymj
02-28-2010, 06:12 PM
Hi, I need your help. What is the difference between these two plans in terms of costs and benefits.

I'm staying at Beach club and have the deluxe dining plan.

Thx!

beautifultomorrow
02-28-2010, 06:35 PM
Hi, I need your help. What is the difference between these two plans in terms of costs and benefits.

I'm staying at Beach club and have the deluxe dining plan.

Thx!

The premium or platinum plan would take the place of your Deluxe dining plan for the night (or nights) that you book it. One difference between deluxe dining and these plans is that the "signature" restaurants do not count as two credits. All meals on Premium and Platinum count as one whether you eat at counter service, table service, "signature" or even Victoria and Alberts (platinum plan only).

I am pasting some of the answers from other posters on this thread

2010 Prices (from mouse savers):
Premium Plan: $164 per adult per day and $114 per child per day
Platinum Plan: $220 per adult per day and $155 per child per day

A massage($100+)
[In room baby-sitting]
Firework Cruise($300+)
Photopass CD?
Sea Quest/Dive @Epcot
ETC....

THose some of the things that the platinum plan offers that premium doesn't.To compare the features yourself be sure to check out these PDF's which list what is available for each plan:

I hope these would help with your planning.

Platinum http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw_nextgen/CoreCatalog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/PDF/2010Platinum.pdf
Premium
If you like any extensive planning, I will be more than happy to...

Don't forget that most room discounts are not valid with these plans, so you will have to pay rack rate (or close to it) for the room.

mmorrison
02-28-2010, 07:05 PM
Can the Platinum package be added onto a DVC reservation?

If not could we just stay at Pop with the Platinum?

Thank you in advance!

Bronte
02-28-2010, 08:00 PM
I know you can get the dinning plan with an AP room rate but can you get the premium plan ????
Does anyone know which activitie would require a tip ... I know for sure the dinners, spa visits and the fireworks crusis would but what about parasailing, fishing, etc...
Thanks ...
This is a great thread ...

beautifultomorrow
02-28-2010, 11:35 PM
Can the Platinum package be added onto a DVC reservation?

If not could we just stay at Pop with the Platinum?

Thank you in advance!

According to mouse savers the Platinum Plan is only available with: "Accommodations at a Deluxe Disney resort or select Deluxe Villa (DVC) resorts (Beach Club Villas, Boardwalk Villas or Villas at Wilderness Lodge)"

I don't know if you'd have to have a regular reservation or if a DVC member can add it to their reservation.

You can't add Platinum to Pop (since it can only be added to deluxes), but you can do premium at Pop.

I know you can get the dinning plan with an AP room rate but can you get the premium plan ????
Does anyone know which activitie would require a tip ... I know for sure the dinners, spa visits and the fireworks crusis would but what about parasailing, fishing, etc...
Thanks ...
This is a great thread ...

According to the PDF gratuity is included for the spa visits. It's also included at a few select dining experiences (see PDF). I don't think you'd need to top at things like parasailing or fishing, but I wouldn't think you need to tip for the fireworks cruise either, is that customary?

clkelley
03-01-2010, 01:35 PM
Hi Carol,

Yes - you could do this! The price would be $303. Your first reservation would need to be split into two separate reservations, so you would owe a new $200 deposit on the Premium package reservation, as well as a new one-night's deposit on the new room-only reservation. :)

I'll be sending you an email soon :-) Just have to decide which dates I'll be doing it and talk to my roomie to see if we're gonna do it when she'll be there or just me before she gets there.

clkelley
03-01-2010, 01:51 PM
The other difference with the Platinum and Premium plans is that you must be staying in a Deluxe or DVC resort to book Platinum.

You can stay at the Value, Moderates, or even the campground and do the Premium plan.

For me the Platinum would be a huge price increase, cause I'd have to upgrade to a deluxe resort.

triciari
03-01-2010, 02:35 PM
Just want to subscribe.

arilvdc
03-01-2010, 09:40 PM
I told my SO about this, and now he wants to do it too! I just have to run the number/schedule and see what I come up with.

maggiew
03-02-2010, 09:27 AM
Has anyone actually DONE this?? I'd like to hear reviews. I'm really tempted to do 1 night on our next trip since its just DH&I. But I wonder if we will feel like we are running around like a chicken with our head cut off??

I'm particularly interested in La Nouba and Spirit of Aloha. (Haven't ever done those yet). Then throw in 3 meals and I think its worth it. Even if we don't do tours, etc??

Here are my thoughts:

Day 1:
EPCOT Segway Tour
Lunch at Chefs de France
Spirit of Aloha

Day 2:
Keys to the Kingdom tour
La Nouba
Dinner at Fultons

I think with just that, it would be worth it. But we would probably be able to schedule something for the afternoon for each day. Maybe carriage ride one day?

Maggie

Symans3honeybees
03-02-2010, 10:45 AM
Has anyone actually DONE this?? I'd like to hear reviews. I'm really tempted to do 1 night on our next trip since its just DH&I. But I wonder if we will feel like we are running around like a chicken with our head cut off??

I'm particularly interested in La Nouba and Spirit of Aloha. (Haven't ever done those yet). Then throw in 3 meals and I think its worth it. Even if we don't do tours, etc??

Here are my thoughts:

Day 1:
EPCOT Segway Tour
Lunch at Chefs de France
Spirit of Aloha

Day 2:
Keys to the Kingdom tour
La Nouba
Dinner at Fultons

I think with just that, it would be worth it. But we would probably be able to schedule something for the afternoon for each day. Maybe carriage ride one day?

Maggie

Hi Maggie,
Have you consider doing this....
Day 1: (save one day park admission)
Segway at Fort Wilderness(8:30 or 11:30am)
Horseback Riding(45 min)
Lunch @one of the MK resorts
Some water sports like parasailing..
Dinner @Spirits of aloha

Day 2:
Keys to the Kingdom tour(M-F)
Lunch @CRT
La Nouba(6pm show)(Tue-Sat)
Dinner @Fulton's Crab house

These are just some of my idea.

disneyfan55
03-02-2010, 11:03 AM
I was just looking into possibly doing this as well, I had read that V&A can be a choice, but when looking at the Premium offerings, I didn't see it listed at GF. Does anyone know for sure or did I miss it (it's a great deal even without V & A)

KBazzel
03-02-2010, 11:05 AM
V&A is only offered with the platinum package (which gives you more perks but requires that you stay at a deluxe or deluxe villa).

disneyfan55
03-02-2010, 11:14 AM
V&A is only offered with the platinum package (which gives you more perks but requires that you stay at a deluxe or deluxe villa).

Thanks. I guess that's why the platinum package wasn't a choice. We were just pricing this with one night (at ASMu) and it was only 591!! I couldn't believe it for what you can make it be!! I couldn't personnaly make use of such included items every day but surely can for 1 night (and actually 2 days!) Thank you again.

PIRATEGIRL007
03-02-2010, 11:32 AM
I have never thought of this. I wish I would have known a few weeks ago this would have been perfect for our anniversary trip. oh well I guess I'll just have to plan it for the fall trip, good thing I'm not within 180 days yet. You guys rock, this is an awesome idea!

Bete
03-02-2010, 12:40 PM
If you do the premium plan you can probably stay in your same resort room as concurrent, split reservations. I think in this economy they would accomodate that request; so, you really wouldn't be checking out and in again. This would be easier. I will say though I think you get some super benefits doing the platinum plan that I can't resist it. Read on.

If you want the platinum plan and you don't want to stay the whole time at a deluxe then it's more complicated because you have to check-in and out of the resorts which is time consuming. This would be extremely difficult without having a car. It would work best to change resorts if you did it early in the morning before anything really got started/opened. I would actually have a non-park day on day 3 just to relax and get rejuvenated, but I would be doing commando style for the two days on the platinum plan.

Keep in mind this needs to be a Disney package deal; so, you buy a 1 day park ticket at a very high cost. I do believe ( I'll be verifying this for sure)you can upgrade the 1 day tic to more park days; so, I would keep this in mind in my second reservation when getting park tickets. I would probably do a resort only stay if upgrading park tickets.

We take longer trips there; so, I'm actually thinking about starting my trip this way and mid stream doing it again. I'd do this with the platinum plan and I would stay deluxe and value resorts for it. As an example, I'm thinking 1 day on platinum when we arrive which gets me 2 days of perks. We wouldn't do a park the first day. Then, I'd be getting my 1 day park tic on the second day upgraded to say a 4 day park tic. Use my 4 day park ticket while being in a value resort to enjoy the parks. Now midstream, do another stay under the platinum plan for 1 day again and then do the same for another upgrade to a 4 day park ticket. This gets me 10 days of park tickets. I could do it for a little less or more time in the parks, too; whatever works for your time allotment. In this scenario, I would get 4 days of perks on the platinum plan. I'm also thinking of doing two days in a row on the platinum plan, but then I only get 3 days of perks on the platinum plan, not 4 but I would save one move to a resort this way but the value is not as great.

The possibilities are really endless. I'm also thinking of doing one platinum 1 day stay and one premium 1 day stay. This would probably be the best way to go for the best value. I'll be planning how to get the best out of this situation under each plan. I would get 4 days of perks again, but would have to make resort changes in and out again.

Also, you need to make sure you get all the resrevations/bookings you want to make this plan work for you. I really think this is wonderful and it puts another spin on our experiences there. I would not fork over true costs for the various perks, but under the plan I would make it work for us very well.

Good luck to all and I hope everyone shares their experiences with this idea.

marko
03-02-2010, 11:58 PM
This sounds good, but I would upgrade my 1 day ticket from the first part of your vacation to an 8 or 10 day ticket, (whatever you need), and then save your single day ticket from your second package for future use. This would save some money and the one day ticket does not expire and can be upgraded in the future.

Bete
03-03-2010, 07:59 AM
This sounds good, but I would upgrade my 1 day ticket from the first part of your vacation to an 8 or 10 day ticket, (whatever you need), and then save your single day ticket from your second package for future use. This would save some money and the one day ticket does not expire and can be upgraded in the future.

We don't go often enough for me to utilize the unused ticket quickly enough in my opinion. It would be collecting dust for me. There are 3 of us; so, it's collecting even more dust. I would probably forget about it over and over again knowing me when the next trip came.

Maybe, I'll consider two trips in the same year to make it work out. If I do it that way it might be workable for me to remember about the old 1 day tics and use them.

You made an excellent point and I will try to make it work for me.

disneyfan55
03-03-2010, 08:50 AM
We don't go often enough for me to utilize the unused ticket quickly enough in my opinion. It would be collecting dust for me. There are 3 of us; so, it's collecting even more dust. I would probably forget about it over and over again knowing me when the next trip came.

Maybe, I'll consider two trips in the same year to make it work out. If I do it that way it might be workable for me to remember about the old 1 day tics and use them.

You made an excellent point and I will try to make it work for me.

It's still worth it, but why wouldn't you be using it? Are you getting 2 packages or have an AP? Also, the price value season for a Value for 2 adults at ASMu is only 591! for the night. That includes the 3 meals at almost any TS plus any activites listed. Even with the price of the ticket (that can be used in the future, we had 4 of these and just used them to upgrade to APs a few weeks ago) I think with just the meals and even one or 2 of the other expensive options it's well worth it. I really never thought of this nor knew you could book it only 1 night. For some reason I thought all those packages were 3 nights, but I never really looked into it.

On another note, does anyone know if you can book either the prem. or plat. with discounted rooms? It doesn't come up as an option when in the AP or GP discounted area to book, only non discounted rooms. (it's still worth it but just wondering) THANKS

Symans3honeybees
03-03-2010, 10:18 AM
Disneyfan55,
The only discount that we were able to book the premium plan with is the AAA room rate. We have AP's too. Unfortunately, none of the WDW special rates can be applied to the Premium or the Platinum. With this being said, I remembered someone on the board mentioned last year that WDW had a special of 25%(I think??) off the Premium plan. If anyone recall seeing this please elaborate...

disneyfan55
03-03-2010, 10:22 AM
Disneyfan55,
The only discount that we were able to book the premium plan with is the AAA room rate. We have AP's too. Unfortunately, none of the WDW special rates can be applied to the Premium or the Platinum. With this being said, I remembered someone on the board mentioned last year that WDW had a special of 25%(I think??) off the Premium plan. If anyone recall seeing this please elaborate...

Yes, I recall seeing the offer on Mousesavers.com I think it was good (or maybe had to be booked not sure) by June 30, 2009. I really never looked into it (but maybe should have if 1 night was avail!!) since I thought it would still be out of reach for us!

maggiew
03-03-2010, 10:25 AM
Hi Maggie,
Have you consider doing this....
Day 1: (save one day park admission)
Segway at Fort Wilderness(8:30 or 11:30am)
Horseback Riding(45 min)
Lunch @one of the MK resorts
Some water sports like parasailing..
Dinner @Spirits of aloha

Day 2:
Keys to the Kingdom tour(M-F)
Lunch @CRT
La Nouba(6pm show)(Tue-Sat)
Dinner @Fulton's Crab house

These are just some of my idea.

Thanks. Those are some ideas. I think there are 4 meals listed but we only get 3. However, that is ok because the keys to the kingdom tour comes with a lunch at Columbia Harbor house.

Maggie

disneyfan55
03-03-2010, 10:28 AM
Thanks. Those are some ideas. I think there are 4 meals listed but we only get 3. However, that is ok because the keys to the kingdom tour comes with a lunch at Columbia Harbor house.

Maggie
If we book this type of package for just the one day, what do you think of being able to reserve the items we want! Does anyone know how it works, with the keycard, like everything else? Thanks!! (because some of this type of thing require payment to book, like tours etc.? Thanks

maggiew
03-03-2010, 10:42 AM
OK. Maybe a revised plan:

Day 1:
EPCOT Segway Tour 8:30 - 10:30 am ($95 x 2)
Lunch at Chefs de France (~$70)
Portrait session at Poly (times available??? cost????)
Spirit of Aloha 5:15 - 7:15 pm ($60 x 2 - do you get Tier 1?)
Priority Viewing of Illuminations

Day 2:
Keys to the Kingdom tour 8:30 - 1:30 ($65 x 2) includes lunch
Horseback riding at FW (times available??? cost???)
Carriage ride at FW (times available??? cost???)
La Nouba 6 - 7:30 pm ($83 x 2 - I think I read you get Category 2)
Dinner at Fultons (~$120 - do you get a side with your meal or is it extra?)

Can you think of any way we could fit in the Priority viewing for wishes? I think Wishes will be playing at 9 pm. I guess we could either see Wishes first and then go to dinner late. (Lot of travel time and inconvenience?) Or we could eat before LaNouba. But I imagine that would mean eating at 4 pm or so? Or I guess we could eat at Narcoose or Citricos instead.

Maggie

DisneyaholicRaquel
03-03-2010, 11:34 AM
Disneyfan55,

How do you get a AAA discount? I have AAA but, was not aware that you could use it & get the premium plan.

Symans3honeybees
03-03-2010, 11:56 AM
OK. Maybe a revised plan:

Day 1:
EPCOT Segway Tour 8:30 - 10:30 am ($95 x 2)
Lunch at Chefs de France (~$70)
Portrait session at Poly (times available??? cost????)
Spirit of Aloha 5:15 - 7:15 pm ($60 x 2 - do you get Tier 1?)
Priority Viewing of Illuminations
Lunch @Chefs($45+/-pp)
Photo(best time for the portraits are either early in the morning or after 4pm)

Day 2:
Keys to the Kingdom tour 8:30 - 1:30 ($65 x 2) includes lunch
Horseback riding at FW (times available??? cost???)
Carriage ride at FW (times available??? cost???)
La Nouba 6 - 7:30 pm ($83 x 2 - I think I read you get Category 2)
Dinner at Fultons (~$120 - do you get a side with your meal or is it extra?)
Horseback Riding is 45 minutes long, but they require you to arrive at least 30 minute ahead and it is about $48/pp
Carriage ride at FW is available in the evening between 6 & 9:30 at $35/pp(25 min)
La Nouba($85 cat. 2 tickets)

Can you think of any way we could fit in the Priority viewing for wishes? I think Wishes will be playing at 9 pm. I guess we could either see Wishes first and then go to dinner late. (Lot of travel time and inconvenience?) Or we could eat before LaNouba. But I imagine that would mean eating at 4 pm or so? Or I guess we could eat at Narcoose or Citricos instead.

Maggie
Hi Maggie, sorry that I highlighted your quote. If I am not mistaken, you are going in August, right? If so, Wishes will be shown at 10:00pm.

Symans3honeybees
03-03-2010, 12:06 PM
How do you get a AAA discount? I have AAA but, was not aware that you could use it & get the premium plan.

I got 10% off our room portion of the package. Besides this, my local AAA has published a coupon of $50 off any tour booked thru AAA, which I was able to use also. We ended up saving a lot.:thumbsup2

beautifultomorrow
03-03-2010, 12:39 PM
I got 10% off our room portion of the package. Besides this, my local AAA has published a coupon of $50 off any tour booked thru AAA, which I was able to use also. We ended up saving a lot.:thumbsup2

Wow, that's a great savings! Was the local coupon in your newspaper or something you picked up at AAA? I might check and see if our local branch is doing anything like that, I know I occaisonally see them advertising Disney Vacations around this time of year.

DisneyaholicRaquel
03-03-2010, 12:41 PM

O...you must go thru AAA travel agent. I don't want too go that route. Here AAA charges a $50 fee and they are not knowledgeable at ALL!!! The fee would negate the savings.

Symans3honeybees
03-03-2010, 12:51 PM
I clipped off that coupon from a "PennySaver" which my local AAA placed an occasional advertisement. My AAA TA was the best. She even extended my AAA discount and $50 coupons for my sister in Long Island and my cousin from NJ to use because we are going together. Neither of them are AAA members. Now, you don't see that kind of courtesy everyday. :cloud9:

Symans3honeybees
03-03-2010, 12:53 PM
O...you must go thru AAA travel agent. I don't want too go that route. Here AAA charges a $50 fee and they are not knowledgeable at ALL!!! The fee would negate the savings.
I don't see why AAA would charge you $50 fee if you are a member. If you want I could PM you my TA's contact info.

maggiew
03-03-2010, 01:00 PM
Hi Maggie, sorry that I highlighted your quote. If I am not mistaken, you are going in August, right? If so, Wishes will be shown at 10:00pm.

Yes. Right now I have Aug. 8 - 15 booked. But I think I am going to move to Aug. 29 - Sept. 5. I looked on TGM and it showed Wishes on Aug. 31 at 9 pm.

Maggie

maggiew
03-03-2010, 01:02 PM
I don't see why AAA would charge you $50 fee if you are a member. If you want I could PM you my TA's contact info.

Yeah. My AAA agent charged us $50 when we booked a cruise with them. She said it was any time you used a travel agent.

Maggie

Symans3honeybees
03-03-2010, 05:29 PM
Yeah. My AAA agent charged us $50 when we booked a cruise with them. She said it was any time you used a travel agent.

Maggie

Wow, that's so not right!! As I recalled, they do charge booking fees for airline and train tickets. In order to avoid the booking fees, my TA suggested that we should get our Amtrak train tickets at the station ourselves 2 years ago. But we are talking about a Disney vacation....

maggiew
03-04-2010, 09:18 AM
Does anyone know where the priority viewing for Wishes is located? I'm trying to decide if it would be worth it to try to make it back for Wishes after La Nouba or not?

Maggie

clkelley
03-04-2010, 10:05 AM
Does anyone know where the priority viewing for Wishes is located? I'm trying to decide if it would be worth it to try to make it back for Wishes after La Nouba or not?

Maggie

I'm not 100% positive, but I believe it is in that lower patio just to the left of the always closed Noodle Station food service, and in front of the Plaza Restaurant. It is normally a designated smoking area, but they close it off every night for Wishes and only a very few folks are allowed down there. So I'm pretty sure it is for premium/platinum/grand gathering viewing.

disneyfan55
03-04-2010, 10:33 AM
Just wondering if anyone has done this and if reservations for the 2 (1 Night) stay are harder to get since you're on the plan. THis is a good idea. We priced it for Value season and it really is a bargain when you think of it. THanks!

maggiew
03-04-2010, 01:14 PM
I'm not 100% positive, but I believe it is in that lower patio just to the left of the always closed Noodle Station food service, and in front of the Plaza Restaurant. It is normally a designated smoking area, but they close it off every night for Wishes and only a very few folks are allowed down there. So I'm pretty sure it is for premium/platinum/grand gathering viewing.

Is it the same area where they have the dessert party?

Maggie

clkelley
03-04-2010, 01:28 PM
Is it the same area where they have the dessert party?

Maggie

No, the dessert party is actually in the seating area of the "ever closed" Noodle Station.

This area is to the left of that (as your facing the castle), and down a set of steps.

If you are walking to the Noodle Station from Main Street, just before you get there, look left, there is a set of steps leading down to a patio with metal tables and yellow umbrellas. This is right across from the Plaza Restaurant and some restrooms.

arilvdc
03-08-2010, 03:14 AM
I got a quote from dreams unlimited, and they require you to buy +1 extra day on the park tickets if you want the platinum plan. :(

maggiew
03-08-2010, 09:35 AM
What do you mean +1? Yes, you have to buy at least a one day ticket to make it a package. Are they making you buy a 2 day ticket??

If so, do it yourself online. It only requires a 1 day ticket.

Maggie

disneyfan55
03-08-2010, 09:50 AM
What do you mean +1? Yes, you have to buy at least a one day ticket to make it a package. Are they making you buy a 2 day ticket??

Maggie

Yes, this is true. It prefills a 2 day but lets you change it to a 1 day. Maybe the TA is just not changing it. I would book it myself it's that's the case.

beansmom
03-08-2010, 11:26 AM
i have booked this twice in the last week...a one night stay at POP (we're never gonna be in the room so why not??) with 7 day PH and the Premium Dining. We were not asked for a $200 deposit, it was only $130--the price of the room.

Just wanted to let ya know. We DID book both online if that makes a difference.

Symans3honeybees
03-08-2010, 11:42 AM
i have booked this twice in the last week...a one night stay at POP (we're never gonna be in the room so why not??) with 7 day PH and the Premium Dining. We were not asked for a $200 deposit, it was only $130--the price of the room.

Did you receive a confirmation from Disney Destination reflecting these reservrations?? My Premium plan reservation was booked with $200 deposit. My extra night(room only) was paid fully upon booking.

beansmom
03-08-2010, 12:28 PM
Did you receive a confirmation from Disney Destination reflecting these reservrations?? My Premium plan reservation was booked with $200 deposit. My extra night(room only) was paid fully upon booking.

yep.

Symans3honeybees
03-08-2010, 12:47 PM
yep.

That's interesting!! Good to hear that you weren't charged so much up front.....but my final payment date can't come soon enough...we still have months to go.:rolleyes1

arilvdc
03-08-2010, 02:00 PM

Maggie

Yes, they said it requires a two day ticket if you're doing the plan for one day. :confused3

Symans3honeybees
03-08-2010, 02:44 PM
Yes, they said it requires a two day ticket if you're doing the plan for one day. :confused3

I have seen it in their "supposedly" new addition to the website. I have to say that I hated it. However, you have the option to choose your own ticket configuration. Don't fall into that little trap of confusion.;)

Symans3honeybees
03-08-2010, 02:51 PM
I have seen it in their "supposedly" new addition to the website. I have to say that I hated it. However, you have the option to choose your own ticket configuration. Don't fall into that little trap of confusion.;)

Wow, that was a quite change for the better!! WDW has removed that "2-day ticket" away from site. It's all good now.

clkelley
03-08-2010, 04:15 PM

Yeah, call back. When you price online, it automatically comes up with a two-day ticket, but then you have the option to change it. The DRC cast member either didn't know how or was too lazy to attempt to change it.

Dr.Cinderella
03-08-2010, 10:42 PM
Anyone know if the Cabana rental at the GF are part of the recreation on the Platinum plan? Thanks!

Bete
03-11-2010, 10:01 PM
Looking to hear from those who have done it and how well it turned out.

Symans3honeybees
03-12-2010, 09:00 AM
We won't be going until late August. Hopefully, we will have plenty of pics to share to all of you.;)

arilvdc
03-12-2010, 02:14 PM
I booked our 1 night stay, 8/20-8/21 at WL!:cool1::cool1:

Does anyone know when we should contact the IPO? I don't want to miss out on any tours or La Nouba.

Symans3honeybees
03-12-2010, 02:43 PM
I booked our 1 night stay, 8/20-8/21 at WL!:cool1::cool1:

Does anyone know when we should contact the IPO? I don't want to miss out on any tours or La Nouba.

Congrats!! we are going on the same date 8/20-8/21 with Premium...:banana:
We have booked our La Nouba tickets/seats already. Since we aren't doing any parks during these 2 days, we won't be doing any in park tours. We're booked and confirmed with Parasailing, water ski lesson and PWC for the whole morning and afternoon on the 20th. The next day, we will be doing the Segway @FW(yes, we took all 10 spots for the 8:30am session, Sorry!!) We will then be taking some golf lessons at the Palm course after lunch. Don't forget to schedule your photo portrait session also. Everything except the photo thing(30 days ADR) was made via "WDW recreation Line". They took care of our dining ADR's too.
BTW, we are seeing the 8/20, 6pm La Nouba show.

breick
03-13-2010, 09:53 AM
In what order do you make your reservations? (so you can get everything or almost everything you want) 1 night res with CRO, ADR's, LaNouba, tours, parasailing, etc.... Does the room res have to be first?

Symans3honeybees
03-13-2010, 10:09 AM
In what order do you make your reservations? (so you can get everything or almost everything you want) 1 night res with CRO, ADR's, LaNouba, tours, parasailing, etc.... Does the room res have to be first?

You need to have your "Premium" plan package reservation with you when calling for ADR's. For Cirque du Soleil and some other tours which normally require "Pre-payment", they are automatically exempted. We were told that there will be vouchers in our final packet to exchange for the actual La Nouba tickets(you must first reserve your show tickets/seats)
As for parasailing, I contacted and confirmed everything directly with Sammy Duvall center at CR.

arilvdc
03-13-2010, 11:27 PM
Congrats!! we are going on the same date 8/20-8/21 with Premium...:banana:
We have booked our La Nouba tickets/seats already. Since we aren't doing any parks during these 2 days, we won't be doing any in park tours. We're booked and confirmed with Parasailing, water ski lesson and PWC for the whole morning and afternoon on the 20th. The next day, we will be doing the Segway @FW(yes, we took all 10 spots for the 8:30am session, Sorry!!) We will then be taking some golf lessons at the Palm course after lunch. Don't forget to schedule your photo portrait session also. Everything except the photo thing(30 days ADR) was made via "WDW recreation Line". They took care of our dining ADR's too.
BTW, we are seeing the 8/20, 6pm La Nouba show.

Ahh!! Darn you.:rotfl2: Now I have to rework my whole plan! It's ok, I'm calling tomorrow to get everything sorted out. I don't think we'll be doing the resort photo session- we'll be running around waaay too much! As soon as I get everything set, I'll post our schedule. :yay:

Symans3honeybees
03-14-2010, 02:39 PM
Ahh!! Darn you.:rotfl2: Now I have to rework my whole plan! It's ok, I'm calling tomorrow to get everything sorted out. I don't think we'll be doing the resort photo session- we'll be running around waaay too much! As soon as I get everything set, I'll post our schedule. :yay:

We plan to schedule the photo session at the Grand Floridian Resort like an hour and a half before dining at the Narcoosee's. It works out great because we do not have to travel far.

arilvdc
03-14-2010, 10:55 PM
We plan to schedule the photo session at the Grand Floridian Resort like an hour and a half before dining at the Narcoosee's. It works out great because we do not have to travel far.

We'll be doing the same thing, except we'll be having our massages and eating at V&A. It's just easier than running around everywhere.

ScottOKW2K
03-15-2010, 03:07 AM
Many thanks to the OP for this imaginative use of the Disney packages !I came across this thread yesterday afternoonand after calling to make sure of tour availability made the following reservations this morning, using the Premium package for one night. The only item that we would have wanted to do but can't was La Nouba - out trip starts around Memorial day and La Nouba is dark for almost two weeks then. No great loss - we've seen it three times over the years. :thumbsup2 I've not finished booking everything we may do but here is what we have so far for my family - 2 adults and one teen.

Day One:

Breakfast at Boma
Ft. Wilderness Segway tour @ 11:30
Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue 5 p.m. cat 1
Stay around afterwards for 9:30 fireworks wagon ride.

Day Two:
Epcot Around the World - on a Segway @ 7:45
leave park and check out of resort, move to Kidani
Jiko at 5:30

We'll probably schedule some parasailing for all of us and possibly horseback riding for the wife and daughter. We are so excited about what we can do on this upcoming trip that we are even thinking about the next year doing a Platinum package so we could do the spa/V&A/dolphin swim/specialty cruise activities.

I wonder if the Platinum would cover a NYE breathless Illuminations cruise ?? One can hope ....

beautifultomorrow
03-15-2010, 12:42 PM
I wonder if the Platinum would cover a NYE breathless Illuminations cruise ?? One can hope ....

Sorry, I think the pdf, http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw_nextgen/CoreCatalog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/PDF/2010Platinum.pdf says that Breathless and Grand 1 are not included with the Platinum Plan, but maybe it is possible to apply the cost of the normal fireworks cruise towards rental and then you pay the difference out of pocket?? I know you can do that on Chef's Table at V&A so maybe you could do it on something like that.

arilvdc
03-16-2010, 01:21 PM
So I seem to have everything nailed down, thanks to the IPO!

Day 1
Segway tour @Ft. Wilderness $85
Parasailing $95
Jetski $75
Lunch @ Fultons $50
2 rounds mini golf $24
Illuminations Cruise $???
Dinner @ Flying Fish $75

Day Two
Epcot Dolphins in depth $175
Epcot Aqua Seas $140
Massage @ GF $120
La Nouba $120
Victoria & Albert's $125

When you add all of this up, it's $1084-without the Illuminations Cruise- and it' just for one person! When you double it, it would cost us $2,164. We're paying $440 in addition to our room and tickets, so when you do the math, the platinum plan is basically giving us over an 80% discount. Insane!!

Symans3honeybees
03-16-2010, 01:49 PM

Day 1
Parasailing $95
Jetski $75
Lunch @ Fultons $50
2 rounds mini golf $24
Dinner @ Flying Fish $75

Day Two
Epcot Aqua Seas $140
Massage @ GF $120
La Nouba $120
Victoria & Albert's $125

When you add all of this up, it's $1084-without the Illuminations Cruise- and it' just for one person! When you double it, it would cost us $2,164. We're paying $440 in addition to our room and tickets, so when you do the math, the platinum plan is basically giving us over an 80% discount. Insane!!

Insane, indeed!! I think the firework cruise is apx $300 more or less.

equinoxman
03-16-2010, 01:59 PM

Day 1
Parasailing $95
Jetski $75
Lunch @ Fultons $50
2 rounds mini golf $24
Dinner @ Flying Fish $75

Day Two
Epcot Aqua Seas $140
Massage @ GF $120
La Nouba $120
Victoria & Albert's $125

You definetly will be exhausted after that. Hope you can stay awake for 2+ hours at Victoria & Albert's. LOL

Symans3honeybees
03-16-2010, 02:14 PM
The massage should take care of every aches and exhaustion. Opt for the deep tissue massage if I were you, lol

2ofUs
03-16-2010, 02:56 PM
We are set for a trip arriving Friday 9/10 - departing Wednesday 9/16

Staying 3 nights (Sep 10, 11,12) at Wyndham Bonnet Creek using remaining rental points from a California trip last month; then 3 nights (9-13, 14, 15) in a studio at BLT w/MK view courtesy of my s-i-l.

We have not yet bought our airlines tickets nor our park passes. Since we will arrive mid-day, we planned to stay somewhere off-site that night (Thur 9/9) and check-in at BC Friday afternoon. This leaves us open to possibly of arriving Wed 9/8 and book POP for a couple of nights adding the Premium plan for both.

We plan to see La Nuba anyway (my BD is 9/11 - basis for this trip) and to do the FW segway tour (have done the other several times). Have ADR for Ohana and plan to make on for California Grill.

We are 2 adults in our early 60's. I am NOT a water sports person, but DH loves golf, and we could do mini-golf, carriage ride, and love the park tours.

Can anyone suggest a way to best utilize the Prem plan for us? We could also do the Platinum at the end of our stay by booking 1 more night at BLT. Only problem w/that is our flight out the next day would be around 4-5pm so we can't really utilize the dinner benefits!

beautifultomorrow
03-16-2010, 03:34 PM

Day 1
Parasailing $95
Jetski $75
Lunch @ Fultons $50
2 rounds mini golf $24
Dinner @ Flying Fish $75

Day Two
Epcot Aqua Seas $140
Massage @ GF $120
La Nouba $120
Victoria & Albert's $125

Sounds like a great itinerary!! How was it working with the IPO, did you get everything exactly the way you wanted? I am guessing they worked out the timing of everything so it will all fit? Do you happen to know if Aqua Seas is offered every day? Sorry for all the questions, we haven't booked yet and I am still a couple of months out from 180 days but it's our honeymoon and I want to make sure I get everything as perfect as possible! :) Hope you have a great trip, can't wait to hear about all the awesome activities!

disneyfan55
03-16-2010, 03:57 PM
You need to have your "Premium" plan package reservation with you when calling for ADR's. For Cirque du Soleil and some other tours which normally require "Pre-payment", they are automatically exempted. We were told that there will be vouchers in our final packet to exchange for the actual La Nouba tickets(you must first reserve your show tickets/seats)
As for parasailing, I contacted and confirmed everything directly with Sammy Duvall center at CR.

So, I'm assuming as long as you have the Premimum res. number, they don't bill you for any of the tours etc.? I had asked this before and don't recall anyone answering, just wondering. Thanks!!!

2ofUs
03-16-2010, 04:33 PM
beautifultomorrow - According to the Disney Brochure, Epcot Seas Aqua Tour is "presented Tuesday through Saturday" and per the cost page on another board it is valued at $140 per person and begins at 12:30pm.

Symans3honeybees
03-16-2010, 04:44 PM
So, I'm assuming as long as you have the Premimum res. number, they don't bill you for any of the tours etc.? I had asked this before and don't recall anyone answering, just wondering. Thanks!!!

Once you have given them your reservation number, you are not required nor billed for any of the tours. With the exception of a few restaurant where a credit card is need to guarantee your reservation. It will not be charged unless there's a no-show.

beautifultomorrow
03-16-2010, 08:53 PM
beautifultomorrow - According to the Disney Brochure, Epcot Seas Aqua Tour is "presented Tuesday through Saturday" and per the cost page on another board it is valued at $140 per person and begins at 12:30pm.

Thanks for this info! We did the Aqua Seas tour on our trip last November and I thought I remembered the schedule being much more limited than this, but maybe Monday is when we were trying to go, either that or maybe some of the other days were full or something.

arilvdc
03-16-2010, 10:46 PM
Sounds like a great itinerary!! How was it working with the IPO, did you get everything exactly the way you wanted? I am guessing they worked out the timing of everything so it will all fit? Do you happen to know if Aqua Seas is offered every day? Sorry for all the questions, we haven't booked yet and I am still a couple of months out from 180 days but it's our honeymoon and I want to make sure I get everything as perfect as possible! :) Hope you have a great trip, can't wait to hear about all the awesome activities!

Working with the IPO was a little frustrating because they would send me itineraries with a tour on one day, and then switch it the next! They made a couple mistakes, (right now our jet skiiing is scheduled DURING our segway tour :confused3) however I haven't been emailed the newest one yet. They didn't answer all my questions, it seemed like they were really busy. They did offer some great advice (thunderstorms in the afternoon=no parasailing) that helped our schedule out.

I think the IPO would be super awesome for a non planner, but for a super planner like myself...well you have to let go at some point, right?

arilvdc
03-16-2010, 10:49 PM
You definetly will be exhausted after that. Hope you can stay awake for 2+ hours at Victoria & Albert's. LOL

I have a very high energy job where I'm on the go constantly, so this schedule doesn't scare me in the least! In fact, two weeks before we leave I'm volunteering as a camp counselor for a week. The schedule is very similar to this (go go go!), except no massages and 5 star dinners!

arilvdc
03-16-2010, 10:50 PM

If you have the IPO book for you, they do need a CC # to guarantee your spot.

beautifultomorrow
03-17-2010, 12:31 AM
I think the IPO would be super awesome for a non planner, but for a super planner like myself...well you have to let go at some point, right?

I think I know what you mean! I want to try and upgrade to the chef's table at V&A (pay the difference oop) and I am already worried that the IPO will forget or something and I won't get it! I am tempted to make the reservations myself but I know there is no reason not to let the IPO do it! :)

NWgoofyfamily
03-17-2010, 02:08 AM
this sounds fabulous. I'm wondering if I could take my child's massage time, for example and have one massage each day? Or is it just one massage per person?

beansmom
03-17-2010, 09:35 AM

Ok, I called back to upgrade tickets for DSis and was asked for an additional $70 deposit on the one package I was changing. That was np, of course, as the package price is the same either way. I was only charged the $130 on my package and have received my initial package info in the mail.

Not like it makes much difference...but just to let know the website asks for less than $200. Well, it DID...I dunno about today.

disneyfan55
03-17-2010, 11:44 AM
Once you have given them your reservation number, you are not required nor billed for any of the tours. With the exception of a few restaurant where a credit card is need to guarantee your reservation. It will not be charged unless there's a no-show.

thanks. I was more concerned about paying for it when we booked than just giving the CC number. I know HDDR and a few others charge the card when the res. is made as well as tours. Thanks.

Mom21
03-18-2010, 10:13 AM
I never come to this board, so I am very happy I happened upon this thread. I have been planning my trip for a week. How does this sound:

Nov 28 Check into AKL Savannah view for 2 nights with Platinum Plan
Lunch in room dining
massage
Yachtsman
Epcot fireworks cruise YC marina

Nov 29
Breakfast in room
Richard Petty (this is just a maybe--long story but not sure if I'm going with my dd or my hopefully by then fiance)
mini golf
sea raycers

If going with dd then no Richard and will do Aqua Seas instead
Victoria and Alberts
carriage ride at POR

Nov 30- send over luggage to Poly for a 5 night stay MK view with DXDP--run over and pick up keys so we have enough credits for lunch--also will use monorail to get to Epcot from Poly
Breakfast in room before departing AKL
Dolphins in Depth 9:45
Coral Reef for lunch using dining credit off Poly reservation
Cirque 6pm
Fultons 8pm
Flights of Wonder (I know not included but I never get around to doing it)--OOPS editing-I think it is Flights of Adventure but whatever----the balloon--LOL

I'm open to any suggestions. I have until 6/1 to work this out to start making ADR. Thanks

Symans3honeybees
03-18-2010, 10:30 AM
I never come to this board, so I am very happy I happened upon this thread. I have been planning my trip for a week. How does this sound:

Lunch in room dining
massage
Yachtsman

Nov 29
Breakfast in room
Richard Petty (this is just a maybe--long story but not sure if I'm going with my dd or my hopefully by then fiance)
mini golf
sea raycers

Victoria and Alberts
carriage ride at POR

Nov 30- send over luggage to Poly for a 5 night stay MK view with DXDP--run over and pick up keys so we have enough credits for lunch--also will use monorail to get to Epcot from Poly
Cirque 6pm
Fultons 8pm
Flights of Wonder (I know not included but I never get around to doing it)--OOPS editing-I think it is Flights of Adventure but whatever----the balloon--LOL

I'm open to any suggestions. I have until 6/1 to work this out to start making ADR. Thanks

your itinerary looks amazing!!

hstrickland
03-18-2010, 02:01 PM
My husband and I were considering this plan, then we thought about something.....if you are only doing 1 night and it rains....are you just out of luck? For example, we would be doing fishing, boats, Richard Petty, Fantasmic, parasailing, golf, Segway, etc. Many of the things the Platinum Package offers are outside. We have been to Disney several times when it has poured down rain for hours. Just wondering how this might work since you basically only have 2 days to get everything done.

disneyfan55
03-18-2010, 02:15 PM
My husband and I were considering this plan, then we thought about something.....if you are only doing 1 night and it rains....are you just out of luck? For example, we would be doing fishing, boats, Richard Petty, Fantasmic, parasailing, golf, Segway, etc. Many of the things the Platinum Package offers are outside. We have been to Disney several times when it has poured down rain for hours. Just wondering how this might work since you basically only have 2 days to get everything done.

I guess that's just the luck of the draw. I would plan a few things that aren't weather dependant. (meals and a few indoor activities) I doubt they let you change dates due to rain.

Symans3honeybees
03-18-2010, 03:28 PM
I guess that's just the luck of the draw. I would plan a few things that aren't weather dependant. (meals and a few indoor activities) I doubt they let you change dates due to rain.

We planned most outdoor activities during the morning hours. I was told that we could still golf when it rains(except thunderstorm threatens)
I believe in the Disney Magic...:beach:

dclfun
03-18-2010, 11:15 PM

Lunch in room dining
massage
Yachtsman

Nov 29
Breakfast in room
mini golf
sea raycers

Victoria and Alberts
carriage ride at POR

Cirque 6pm
Fultons 8pm

Sounds great! My only concern is your Day 1 lunch- this presumes your room is ready early. If not, I'm sure you can grab lunch elsewhere. Where are you doing your massage? ---Kathy

Mom21
03-18-2010, 11:26 PM
Sounds great! My only concern is your Day 1 lunch- this presumes your room is ready early. If not, I'm sure you can grab lunch elsewhere. Where are you doing your massage? ---Kathy

True, but I am sure if it isn't we can get something somewhere easily. That is just my preference. As far as the massage I was just thinking stay at AKL so I can go back and take a shower before dinner to get any oils off and change. Much quicker. I really am a lazy person:lmao: I want to get the most for my money but not have to work for it. Oh got my room today .....AKL Jambo house-Deluxe studio--should I spring for the 1 bedroom? I'm thinking not since we will be very busy.

breick
03-20-2010, 06:32 PM
A quick question about the meals...on the Disney site PDF file, it states 1 breakfast, lunch and dinner and 2 snacks for each night of my stay. Do they have to be used as those meals or can I do 1 dinner on the first day and 1 lunch and 1 dinner on the second day?

KBazzel
03-20-2010, 09:33 PM
The meals can be used in any order that you'd like but you only have 3 for the 2 days.

breick
03-20-2010, 09:58 PM
I thought so. I just wasn't sure by the way it was worded. Thanks.

ScottOKW2K
03-21-2010, 02:05 AM
Finished all my planning to our "single night" on the premier plan. In no particular order my wife m daughter and myself will over two days do the following :

Fort Wilderness Segway
Epcot Segway
Fort Wilderness horseback riding - wife and daughter
Deluxe parasailing both afternoons
breakfast at Boma
Supper at Hoop-Dee-Doo
supper at Jiko
viewing area for both Wishes and Illuminations

Wanted to do La Nouba but it is dark both days. :sad1:

We are going to be sooo tired when that second day is done - I am already looking forward to that king bed at Kidani !

arilvdc
03-21-2010, 07:35 PM
Finished all my planning to our "single night" on the premier plan. In no particular order my wife m daughter and myself will over two days do the following :

Fort Wilderness Segway
Epcot Segway
breakfast at Boma
Supper at Hoop-Dee-Doo
supper at Jiko

We are going to be sooo tired when that second day is done - I am already looking forward to that king bed at Kidani !

When are you going? I ask because I was told that it's better to parasail in the mornings in case of bad weather in the afternoons. They said it was especially true in the summer, when there are usually thunderstorms every afternoon.

beautifultomorrow
03-21-2010, 10:11 PM
Has anyone who is doing the platinum plan run into any issues using it to dine at Victoria and Albert's?

The reason I ask is because on this page: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/vacation-packages/2010/platinum/
about half way down it talks about the plan including signature dining experiences but excludes Victoria and Albert's.

I am assuming this is a mistake (like they copied the info from Premium but forgot to change it), since the pdf linked on this very same page says Platinum plan does include V&A. Any thoughts?

Mom21
03-21-2010, 10:51 PM
Has anyone who is doing the platinum plan run into any issues using it to dine at Victoria and Albert's?

The reason I ask is because on this page: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/vacation-packages/2010/platinum/
about half way down it talks about the plan including signature dining experiences but excludes Victoria and Albert's.

I am assuming this is a mistake (like they copied the info from Premium but forgot to change it), since the pdf linked on this very same page says Platinum plan does include V&A. Any thoughts?

yes we chatted about this a few pages ago. I'm calling Vic and Alberts tomorrow before I make my final decision. I'll let you know.

ScottOKW2K
03-21-2010, 11:26 PM
When are you going? I ask because I was told that it's better to parasail in the mornings in case of bad weather in the afternoons. They said it was especially true in the summer, when there are usually thunderstorms every afternoon.

The time we are using the package for is the first full weekend in June. I know from experience about the 3 pm showers but the segway tours are only provided in the morning hours at both Epcot and Ft. Wilderness. Barring an bad weather I decided that the nice breeze from the parasailing would feel good in the hot afternoon - save the cooler morning for the "slower" activities.

Even if we don't do the parasailing at all, I'm still happy. The meals alone (inside) or the segway tours alone (morning) would cover the cost of the premium plan. I do know that I haven't been this excited about an upcoming Disney trip in years - and I always look forward to my trip to the land of the Mouse !

Leigha
03-22-2010, 12:21 AM
My head is spinning with all the possibilities!!! I LOVE it!!! A few questions - has anyone done the Aqua Seas and Dolphin tours? Which is better? I haven't seen the surfing lessons mentioned - are they a no go?? If parasailing only lasts 10-12 mintues, can you do it more than twice in a row?? How will I sleep?! Can we/should we afford it? How can we pass it up as this surely can't last?! How can we fit it all in?! Sweet Disney Dreams for sure tonight! Thanks OP for planting the seed of possibility for so many people!

beautifultomorrow
03-22-2010, 01:05 AM
yes we chatted about this a few pages ago. I'm calling Vic and Alberts tomorrow before I make my final decision. I'll let you know.

geez, how did I miss that!? keep me posted! :)

arilvdc
03-22-2010, 01:11 AM

It is a mistake, for sure. I have mine booked already, and the CM at V&A's assured me that the platinum package IS accepted.

maggiew
03-22-2010, 10:04 AM
Version 3.0 of our plans:

Day 1:
Keys to the Kingdom (8:30 - 1:30) - includes lunch
Portrait Session at Poly
Spirit of Aloha (5:15 - 7:15)
Priority viewing of Wishes (9)

Day 2:
Snack for Breakfast
EPCOT segway tour (8:30 - 10:30)
Snack to hold us over til lunch
EPCOT AquaSeas (12:30 - 3 pm)
Lunch Tutto Italia
La Nouba (6 - 7:30)
Priority Viewing of Illuminations (9)
Dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse (~9:30)

I estimate it costs us $328 to add the premium plan for this one night. I estimate the cost of the activities to be around $1081 (not including portrait session, since I don't know how much this is). So we will definitely get our money's worth.

Do you think its too much to do the Segway tour and then the AquaSeas tour?

I'm seriously tempted to do this for one night/two days. Then head over to Universal for the other 5 nights of our trip?? :scared1: I already have 5 day passes to Universal that I bought a long time ago and never used. And I'd like to see Harry Potter. Hmmmm But it will depend on what happens with discounts/free dining for late Aug.

Maggie

Mom21
03-22-2010, 10:32 AM
geez, how did I miss that!? keep me posted! :)

Well I just called. Apparently there is some communication problem as to what is and is not accepted now. Waiting on a call back from someone in the know. If I can't get Victoria and Alberts then that may make me rethink Platinum. Have to rerun numbers. Stay tuned.

2ofUs
03-22-2010, 11:08 AM
Interesting that the 2010 Platinum Package brochure still shows V&A as a valid option. I would definately pursue this since that, and the night cruises, would be my biggest reason to upgrade from Premium to Platinum - especially for the $50 per person per night difference!!!

2ofUs
03-22-2010, 11:39 AM

Fort Wilderness Segway
Epcot Segway
breakfast at Boma
Supper at Hoop-Dee-Doo
supper at Jiko

Sorry to be a bearer of bad news, but be advised: Wishes & Illuminations crusies, as well as Fantasmic reserved seating, are ONLY offered on the PLATINUM package, not the Premium, which will affect your "viewing area for both Wishes and Illuminations"

Would also encourage you to take the Epcot Segway tour prior to the one at Ft Wilderness - unless you have done Segway tours before as the FW one is off-road . Yes, they do give training, but having a feel for the handling of the units will add to the pleasure of the off-road experience.

Mom21
03-22-2010, 11:44 AM
OK. Got a call back. Girl was confused at first. It is included at the normal table on PLATINUM. You of course have to pay for all drinks which I knew. Also if you want chef table it is $75 more per person. So all good to go.

maggiew
03-22-2010, 01:03 PM
Sorry to be a bearer of bad news, but be advised: Wishes & Illuminations crusies, as well as Fantasmic reserved seating, are ONLY offered on the PLATINUM package, not the Premium, which will affect your "viewing area for both Wishes and Illuminations"

I don't think the poster mentioned the Wishes and Illuminations cruises, she just said viewing spots, which is in included in the premium plan.

Maggie

2ofUs
03-22-2010, 01:10 PM
Ah-ha! I did not see that on the brochure ... can you let me know where since that is something we DEFINATELY wish to do. Thanks!

UPDATE: This info is not in the brochure but available to resort booking staff (got transferred to them from WDW-TOUR). She gave me the info on both Wishes and Illuminations as to where the seating areas are, when ressies can be made and who to contact to make the ressies. Haven't tried to call yet but hope to get our plans set and call them tonite!

beautifultomorrow
03-22-2010, 01:12 PM
OK. Got a call back. Girl was confused at first. It is included at the normal table on PLATINUM. You of course have to pay for all drinks which I knew. Also if you want chef table it is $75 more per person. So all good to go.

Excellent! Thanks so much for this info!

arilvdc
03-22-2010, 11:19 PM

I posted that on the last page, I could have saved you the call! Glad you got it sorted out for you though.

ScottOKW2K
03-23-2010, 12:13 AM
Ah-ha! I did not see that on the brochure ... can you let me know where since that is something we DEFINATELY wish to do. Thanks!

UPDATE: This info is not in the brochure but available to resort booking staff (got transferred to them from WDW-TOUR). She gave me the info on both Wishes and Illuminations as to where the seating areas are, when ressies can be made and who to contact to make the ressies. Haven't tried to call yet but hope to get our plans set and call them tonite!

The Illuminations viewing location is the pier at Morocco, according to the castmember at WDW-PLAY. For the MK fireworks the viewing area is the seating area to the right and below the Plaza restaurant location. My only concern about this is that this location is normally set aside as a smoking area.You have to make a reservation for these and will be given the standard 12 digit confirmation number. She said a voucher for your party's viewing will be included with your package contents at check-in, and will have to be presented to gain access to the viewing area.

Have any DVC members questioned Member Services to see if the Premium or Platinum plan can be added to a DVC reservation made by a member on points ? My gut feeling is no , as the only additions listed on the DVC members site only list the various magic your way dining packages. No mention of Platinum/Premium.

ScottOKW2K
03-23-2010, 12:20 AM

Would also encourage you to take the Epcot Segway tour prior to the one at Ft Wilderness - unless you have done Segway tours before as the FW one is off-road . Yes, they do give training, but having a feel for the handling of the units will add to the pleasure of the off-road experience.

We've done the Epcot Segway experience before. My daughter and I took to it like a fish to water, and my darling wife did quite well. We all found it to be quite enjoyable except for a little soreness at the bottom of your feet from all the standing in one spot on the unit for so long. We are looking forward to both - Epcot WS empty was quite interesting and I've heard many good comments about the Ft. Wilderness tour.

One other comment to add - I am enjoying the feeling of sharing and community in this thread. It's really been fun to read, and very gratifying to have so many willing to help so many others.

arilvdc
03-23-2010, 12:39 AM
We've done the Epcot Segway experience before. My daughter and I took to it like a fish to water, and my darling wife did quite well. We all found it to be quite enjoyable except for a little soreness at the bottom of your feet from all the standing in one spot on the unit for so long. We are looking forward to both - Epcot WS empty was quite interesting and I've heard many good comments about the Ft. Wilderness tour.

One other comment to add - I am enjoying the feeling of sharing and community in this thread. It's really been fun to read, and very gratifying to have so many willing to help so many others.

:goodvibes:goodvibes

I wish I could do the epcot segway tour, but there was no way to fit it into my schedule. Instead we're doing the Ft. Wilderness tour. I hope I don't crash everywhere!

Mom21
03-23-2010, 07:27 AM
Have any DVC members questioned Member Services to see if the Premium or Platinum plan can be added to a DVC reservation made by a member on points ? My gut feeling is no , as the only additions listed on the DVC members site only list the various magic your way dining packages. No mention of Platinum/Premium.

No sorry. You can't. I was wanting to rent points to save some money. person called and was told no Premium or Platinum on DVC allowed.

maggiew
03-23-2010, 09:19 AM

Oh man. Now I really want to do the "off road" Segway tour at Ft. Wilderness. But time wise I can't do it since I want to do both the Keys to the Kingdom tour and the EPCOT WS Segway tour.

I guess maybe next time ...

Maggie

drafthorsecrazy
03-23-2010, 04:06 PM
I wonder if annual passholders can get a "ticketless" platinum package? Or would we have to purchase the one day park ticket?

disneyfan55
03-23-2010, 04:13 PM
I wonder if annual passholders can get a "ticketless" platinum package? Or would we have to purchase the one day park ticket?

Good Question! I wonder as well since that would surely be the deciding factor! we have APs and really don't want the 1 day passes if not necessary. Maybe I'll go to WDW online and see. I know you can't book the Premium with a room discount or at least not when I tried.

GolfandEat
03-23-2010, 04:24 PM
I am a professional lurker on these boards - planning my September trip for this year. After stumbling upon this thread I have a sudden urge to buy a camper, move closer to WDW and start working on schemes with clkelley! This one is pure genius and I never would have thought of it.

I salute you - and the others who share this dream!

tink713
03-23-2010, 06:07 PM

No AP holders can't do the platinum package you have to buy a one day ticket.

Mom21
03-23-2010, 10:19 PM
Well I booked today.:eek:

3 nights at AKV Deluxe Studio Savannah view.

Here are my plans. I have a few months to tweak so feel free to critique. Also some plans may change depending if I go with my bf (he is always out of the country working and can't commit or with my 13yo dd. Notice I am going.)

11/28 Sun Check in and if room ready have lunch in room. If not find someplace....good plan huh?!
spa-me massage her manicure and pedicure
Behind the Seeds (dd has been begging for this for years but we never have had time)--not if BF goes so relax or swim if warm enough
Yachtmans for dinner
Epcot fireworks cruise

Mon 29th Breakfast in room (dd loves this and it cuts time as she eats while I shower)
Lunch whatever OOP--maybe The Land--dd loves this and cheap and I have TIW
Dinner Victoria and Alberts
Carriage ride at POR or Wilderness--need to research easiest to get to from GF--take input

Tues 30th Akershus Breakfast
Coral Reef Lunch
Cirque 6pm--this is a maybe--dd and I went in Dec so if she goes and doesn't want to do again we will do something else
Dinner Fultons
Characters in Flight--not included on plan but something I always wanted to do

Wed 1st--Move to Polynesian for 4 nights with Deluxe Plan but still using credits today from Platinum

CRT late breakfast after checkin at Poly--maybe 10 and still have time to get to Epcot??
Aqua Tours 12:30
Hoop De Do 7:15

keep in mind next 4 days will be our park days. Also if bf goes he has never been to disney and isn't a ride person. So I want him to relax and enjoy for his 30 years to come of Disney:rotfl:
DD has been so many times it no longer is a "have to do it all trip". In fact last time we went we didn't do much but tried to fit in things we had never done. I wish she could do the Segway tours and especially the Keys to the Kingdom tour. She is dying to do that. I understand 16 for Segway but don't for Keys. UGH. Maybe I will do a Platinum trip again in 3 years for her 16th and we can do those things.

So input....I am missing anything that you think is a not to miss?

Leigha
03-24-2010, 06:45 PM
Oh man. Now I really want to do the "off road" Segway tour at Ft. Wilderness. But time wise I can't do it since I want to do both the Keys to the Kingdom tour and the EPCOT WS Segway tour.

I guess maybe next time ...

Maggie

I've been hoping, studying and planning myself! I haven't brought it up to the family yet and will let them vote if it works out but I'm thinking Segway in Epcot at 7:45 and possibly Ft. Wilderness at 11:30. I think you could make it easy. We have done the Epcot tour and I think the only problem would be sore feet. I felt the need to stretch afterwards but no real pain. After 4 hours in one day though, there might be pain!

Well I booked today.:eek:

3 nights at AKV Deluxe Studio Savannah view.

Here are my plans. I have a few months to tweak so feel free to critique. Also some plans may change depending if I go with my bf (he is always out of the country working and can't commit or with my 13yo dd. Notice I am going.)

11/28 Sun Check in and if room ready have lunch in room. If not find someplace....good plan huh?!
spa-me massage her manicure and pedicure
Behind the Seeds (dd has been begging for this for years but we never have had time)--not if BF goes so relax or swim if warm enough
Yachtmans for dinner
Epcot fireworks cruise

Mon 29th Breakfast in room (dd loves this and it cuts time as she eats while I shower)
Lunch whatever OOP--maybe The Land--dd loves this and cheap and I have TIW
Dinner Victoria and Alberts
Carriage ride at POR or Wilderness--need to research easiest to get to from GF--take input

Tues 30th Akershus Breakfast
Coral Reef Lunch
Cirque 6pm--this is a maybe--dd and I went in Dec so if she goes and doesn't want to do again we will do something else
Dinner Fultons
Characters in Flight--not included on plan but something I always wanted to do

Wed 1st--Move to Polynesian for 4 nights with Deluxe Plan but still using credits today from Platinum

CRT late breakfast after checkin at Poly--maybe 10 and still have time to get to Epcot??
Aqua Tours 12:30
Hoop De Do 7:15

keep in mind next 4 days will be our park days. Also if bf goes he has never been to disney and isn't a ride person. So I want him to relax and enjoy for his 30 years to come of Disney:rotfl:
DD has been so many times it no longer is a "have to do it all trip". In fact last time we went we didn't do much but tried to fit in things we had never done. I wish she could do the Segway tours and especially the Keys to the Kingdom tour. She is dying to do that. I understand 16 for Segway but don't for Keys. UGH. Maybe I will do a Platinum trip again in 3 years for her 16th and we can do those things.

So input....I am missing anything that you think is a not to miss?

I would for sure use the boats to get from GF to Wilderness. Beautiful ride and quickest trip I would think! Have you thought about the Family Magic Tour at MK? What makes this soooo appealing is that everyone in my family will be 16 or over. PERFECT!! It wouldn't be the same otherwise but still great specially with the Epcot tours. Don't forget about the water sports - parasailing, water mice, etc.

princesskayla
03-25-2010, 11:52 PM
Oh - What a delightful idea. I am going to have to convince my DH to go for the weekend w/o the kiddos and do this. I would love to eat at V&A. Do they have veggie meals and how are they with "picky" diets? I guess I will have to research that now!!! That would be a deciding factor (Me and DH are kind of limited eaters - basically only beef and chicken) The ride -along with Richard Petty sounds fun too!!!

Thanks for the idea!!:lovestruc

Mom21
03-26-2010, 08:46 AM
I would for sure use the boats to get from GF to Wilderness. Beautiful ride and quickest trip I would think! Have you thought about the Family Magic Tour at MK? What makes this soooo appealing is that everyone in my family will be 16 or over. PERFECT!! It wouldn't be the same otherwise but still great specially with the Epcot tours. Don't forget about the water sports - parasailing, water mice, etc.

Thanks. I will use the boat. As many times as I have been I'm not good about knowing what goes to where since I always use my car. I read about the family magic tour. I think dd would be very bored so we'll skip it. About the watersports...I have no desire to ride in the water mice. She and I have parasailed many times in a lot of places, but if we have time I'll try and fit it in. Problem is she doesn't weigh enough so we have to go tandem. If I go with bf he is afraid of heights so no way will I get him up there. I may go by myself though.

Keep the input coming. I am sure I will keep changing up until time to make ADR.

2ofUs
03-26-2010, 06:37 PM
... MK fireworks viewing area is the seating area to the right and below the Plaza restaurant location. My only concern about this is that this location is normally set aside as a smoking area.You have to make a reservation for these and will be given the standard 12 digit confirmation number. She said a voucher for your party's viewing will be included with your package contents at check-in, and will have to be presented to gain access to the viewing area.

FYI - I wasn't sure how to make those reservations but it is the standard tour line - 407-WDW-TOUR. Sure hope it is NOT a smoking area - can't imagine WDW would do that to Premium pkg holders though. I was told to arrive 15 minutes early and that it is a "standing only" area. And the CM said it is just in front of the Plaza between them and the castle, so I don't believe it is the area to the right of the restaurant.

breick
03-26-2010, 06:44 PM
Actually, it is the smoking area. They clear the smokers out a little while before the fireworks.

2ofUs
03-26-2010, 07:58 PM
Thanks, Barb, good to know. I assume the aroma does not linger? I have a bad enough time with my allergies, wouldn't want to compound it with smoke. I just can't picture the area though I have gone by there a bazillion times.

wdwkimberlee
03-31-2010, 11:08 AM
I LOVE THIS THREAD!!!

I've been following everyone's great ideas since this thread started. Let's just say...the wheels are spinning!

Do you think you'd have to purchase a park ticket if you were an AP holder? (I'm thinking you still have to.)

Here are all the activities I would want to squeeze in if I did a one night premium stay:

Keys to the Kingdom
Epcot Segway tour
La Nouba (saw it twice already, but would love to go again)
Spirit of Aloha
Parasailing
Horseback riding at FW
Mouseboats
Wishes preferred viewing
Behind the Seeds
Fultons

Wow! Lots to organize and plan.

It just makes me giddy! :cool1::yay::banana:

beautifultomorrow
03-31-2010, 12:08 PM
When you guys are making your resort reservations, do you have any strategy as to how you split up the reservations? We've established that to make this work to its fullest you need 3 reservations. Do you put the premium/platinum plan night near the end, beginning, middle of the trip? We are hoping to minimize having to move rooms as much as possible. Do you make your two "normal" reservations at the same time? Do the cast members think you are crazy?

Mom21
03-31-2010, 02:01 PM
When you guys are making your resort reservations, do you have any strategy as to how you split up the reservations? We've established that to make this work to its fullest you need 3 reservations. Do you put the premium/platinum plan night near the end, beginning, middle of the trip? We are hoping to minimize having to move rooms as much as possible. Do you make your two "normal" reservations at the same time? Do the cast members think you are crazy?

Well I put mine at the beginning for 3 nights at AKV and then moved to Poly on DxDDP. However, I live 3 hours away and can be there by 10 or so and having 3 nights plenty of time. I can't imagine if most of your first or last day were taken up by travel. I can see using 3 reservations then, but what a pain.

clkelley
03-31-2010, 02:22 PM

I am going to have three reservations, but I won't have to move.

I'm arriving December 3rd, late at night, December 4th is setup day, December 5th and 6th, is relax and go golf cart looping day. Then my new reservation starts on December 7th. I'll pick up a new room key about 7am, then start going. Then the night of December 8th after all the fun is done, I'll go to the front desk and pick up another room key. I'm actually going to get a 3-day ticket as my current Annual Pass expires on December 1st. Then, the morning of the 9th, I'll upgrade that 3-day ticket toward my annual pass renewal.

I fully expect to not have to move, just pick up new room keys.

I use Rhonda@dreamsunlimitedtravel.com for all of this and she know exactly what to do to arrange it all and keep me on the same site!!

goodferry
03-31-2010, 08:43 PM
Funny I should read this today, as I have been considering it. Would we each have to buy a one day ticket I assume? If we bought them as non expiring could we use them towards the renewal of our AP a year 6 months later?

breick
03-31-2010, 08:48 PM
One day tickets are non-expiring as long as you don't use them. You don't pay extra for it.

disneyfan55
03-31-2010, 08:49 PM
Funny I should read this today, as I have been considering it. Would we each have to buy a one day ticket I assume? If we bought them as non expiring could we use them towards the renewal of our AP a year 6 months later?

The 1 day pass will be good forever as long as you don't use it. You DON'T have to buy nonexpiring ticket. An unused ticket basically is good forever. One used, it can be upgraded within 14 days. We did this on our trip in Feb. (we had 4 1 day passes from free dining and free gift card offers) You should use the ticket first when upgrading and then go to guest relations to upgrade to an AP. (if the cost of a one day has increased, you will get thecurrent value if used then upgraded. If you just upgrade, you will only get the amt. you paid for the ticket.) HOpe this helps!

Mom21
03-31-2010, 08:53 PM
One day tickets are non-expiring as long as you don't use them. You don't pay extra for it.

Yep. I think I have 4 sitting here from free dining and other promotions. We will eventually use them.

goodferry
03-31-2010, 08:55 PM
y'all are so helpful!

goodferry
03-31-2010, 09:55 PM
I read somewhere that the VIP tours were included in this package, but I don't think that's true, anyone know?

2ofUs
04-01-2010, 09:55 AM
[QUOTE=wdwkimberlee;36059626]I LOVE THIS THREAD!!!

Do you think you'd have to purchase a park ticket if you were an AP holder? (I'm thinking you still have to.) YES you will need to buy 1 day passes for everyone in the party, but can use them for your next AP purchase.

Here are all the activities I would want to squeeze in if I did a one night premium stay:

Keys to the Kingdom
Epcot Segway tour
La Nouba (saw it twice already, but would love to go again)
Spirit of Aloha
Parasailing
Horseback riding at FW
Mouseboats
Wishes preferred viewing
Behind the Seeds
Fultons

You CAN do all of this, but TIMING will be crutial. Put together a list of the MUST do items, then check for tour times. Having just put together my own schedule, I can advise a few things.

KTTK is great, but will take an entire morning. It DOES include a nice lunch at Columbia Harbour House!

If you wish to do the Epcot Segway Tour, they begin as early at 7:30 with 3 more after that and last 2 hours. Doing the early tour would be best if everyone can get up and be there early. Your resort should be able to provide you with a taxi voucher to insure timely arrival - and it is neat to be in EPCOT when it is EMPTY!!! You could also catch the Behind the Seeds anytime throughout the day.

Consider trying the FW Segway tour if you wish to do horseback riding as well, especially since getting to FW is a bit tricky timing wise. That tour has 2 times - 8:30 and 10:30, but you must arive 15min early for each.

La Nouba has 2 showings nightly - 6 & 9, but you need to be there at LEAST 30 min prior, so dinner timing becomes important. DH and I chose the early show so we could enjoy our dinner at Flying Fish after. Perhaps you could do the same and use Fulton's on the same night. Even if you have kids I would get them a snack pre-show (remember you get 2 snack credits with the Premium pkg) to tide them over until the later dinner. The show will liven them up, but eating first then doing the show you might have some nodding heads!

Spirit of Aloha is a show/dinner combined and I'm not sure when you are going so cannot advise timing this with Wishes viewing. For the viewing you must arrive 15 min PRIOR to Wishes - and that varies so check your schedule.

You might also consider doing 'Ohana then Wishes or take advantage of the pkg and do a Signature dining spot - even includes appetizers - such as Citrico's, Narcoosees or California Grill? They are all near MK - walkable or a short monorail ride away. This would allow plenty of time for dinner and then leisure arrival at MK.

You also get a 3rd meal - so maybe a Chef Mickey breakfast or even CRT? That might be a good choice for your KTTK morning if you can get an early ADR. Utilize those more expensive meals to get the most out of your package.

The water activities can be worked in around your tour/dining schedule and you'll be set. You might also consider the Photography session, maybe before your dinner/Wishes night. How often to you get a family portrait done - especially if it is just you and your spouse (I know we haven't done one in MANY years).

Hope these tips help and I know you will have a great time!

wdwkimberlee
04-01-2010, 11:02 AM
Hey 2ofus. Thanks so much for all that useful info!

I've been going to sleep each night lately thinking about all this fun stuff! (And it's invading my every waking hour, too!) Aren't we Disers so lucky to have Disney planning to dream about!

Happy planning!

Kim

2ofUs
04-01-2010, 11:40 AM
So true. With my CDO (that's OCD in alphabetical order - as it SHOULD be) I, too, found nearly every waking (and some sleeping) hour consumed by these plans.

Once I finally decided - using a spreadsheet with all possible options and combinations :rotfl: - what we would be most comfortable doing without killing ourselves, I made all reservations and am now good-to-go. Figured even though our trip isn't until September, if & when they announce Free Dining, ressies will be much harder to come by so I was driven to get it done.

Now I just have to buy airfare and then figure out how to pay for everything - but at least we are getting a LOT of stuff for the additional $170 per person!

Leigha
04-01-2010, 05:13 PM
They say this is cheaper to book through AAA. If you do, are they only in control of the room reservation?? I don't like for others to be in control of my reservations but I might could let them be in charge of the room only if I could do all the others like restaurants, tours and shows. How much is AAA now??

beautifultomorrow
04-01-2010, 06:07 PM
They say this is cheaper to book through AAA. If you do, are they only in control of the room reservation?? I don't like for others to be in control of my reservations but I might could let them be in charge of the room only if I could do all the others like restaurants, tours and shows. How much is AAA now??

You can still make all your own plans and reservations for restaurants, tours and shows.

Mom21
04-01-2010, 06:11 PM

I can give you an idea based on my reservation. Nov28 for 3 nights/Platinum package/AKV Jambo House Deluxe Savannah view/ 2 one day tickets/ 3 nights Platinum for 2 adults AAA 2597.58

About the same price Disney quoted me for a regular/standard (not deluxe studio with kitchen area) savannah view room/same package.

I will do all of my own reservations including restaurants, tours, etc. I don't trust anyone else and also don't like the going back and forth when something I want isn't available. I like being able to do that one on one with the reservation agent.

Mom21
04-01-2010, 06:29 PM
Well ladies. I am beginning to doubt myself. Help me decide. I have a 3 day Platinum. I planned things out. Just thinking what will happen if an AP rate of 40% comes out and I have TIW. I think I could actually do it cheaper on my own with the same things. I'm going to list my estimate for 2 people. Let me know if I'm off. I'm not including TIW discount as that will take care of tip. Also only listing the price that would include what Platinum plan would include so no alcohol at Vic and Alberts for example

here are the plans:

Sun: lunch somewhere $50
spa massage $150
Victoria and Alberts $250
Epcot cruise (I really am not counting the entire $300 towards this as i hear you can be put with other people. I have done it before and shared with people of my own choosing off this board so thinking maybe $50 a person for this) $100

Day 2 Breakfast: Boma or in room--depending on how late we sleep $50
Dolphins in Depth (Not really into this as we have swam with dolphins so many places--just thought a chance to do it that I likely would never pay for) $350
parasailing $135
Jiko $125
I would love to do the Wayama Safari if allowed but I don't see that listed anywhere

Day 3 Breakfast in room $50
Coral Reef Lunch $60
Cirque 6pm (did this in Dec so not a necessity) $200
Fultons 9pm $125
Characters in Flight (not included anyway just want to do it)

Day 4--check into Poly
Late breakfast at Akershus or CRT $100
Aqua Tours 12:30--dd not so sure she wants to do this $280
Hoop De Review 7:15 $120
Carriage ride at Ft Wilderness 9:30 $45

Total is $2190 I am paying 1320 for the Platinum plan. Leaving me an advantage of 870. But then I'm looking at the 3 most expensive items (Aqua Tours and Dolphins and Cirque--all of which dd says she doesn't care about) costing $830. So is it worth it to me since I have been so many times there really isn't much left for us to do that I can't cover with that price. And then add in I had to buy 2 one day tickets and no room discount. I think with a room discount of 40% we could do all we wanted for less. Also adding in using TIW would tak care of the tips which I would have to do out of pocket in addition to this package price. Am I thinking right? Am I just caught up in the lure of the Platinum Plan?

Mom21
04-01-2010, 06:34 PM
Another thought. Is the only thing in my plan not allowed on the Premium the Vic and Alberts? If so I may be better off to go Premium not platinum. I'm so confused.

Leigha
04-01-2010, 06:48 PM
I don't think the Dolphins or Aqua tours are included on the Premium are they?? It might not be worth it for you...

beautifultomorrow
04-01-2010, 06:49 PM
Another thought. Is the only thing in my plan not allowed on the Premium the Vic and Alberts? If so I may be better off to go Premium not platinum. I'm so confused.

The things I see on your list that are included in platinum, but not premium are:
Victoria and Albert's
spa treatments
fireworks cruise
Dolphins in depth/Aqua Seas

Although you did note that some of those were not really that important to you.

Honestly, it sounds like you might be doing a lot of the activities just to get your money's worth, not because you would have done them anyway. Have you condsidered just doing the plan for one night? that would make it a lot more affordable. You could use a discount for your other nights, and if you stay at the same resort, you might not have to move rooms.

I am planning to do the platinum plan for one night on our honeymoon because we plan to eat at Victoria and Albert's, have a massage, do a portrait session and order a photopass cd anyway. Those things alone equal the roughly $600 additional the plan will cost us (also factoring in the rack rate we'll have to pay for that night that we wouldn't have had to otherwise). Plus there are a lot of other activites and meals we'd love to do so it's totally worth it to us. We couldn't afford to do it for more than one night though.

goodferry
04-01-2010, 08:53 PM
I agree that it does sound like you are doing a lot just because you have the plan. I have gone through and carefully looked at the discount I could get on the room and compared it with what we will pay for the Platinum plan, only considering those things we for sure were going to do, and we come out about even and plus we get some extras we have never done. We are going to do it for two nights before our DVC stay.

What we for sure were going to do plan or no plan:
Massages for each of us
Victoria and Alberts
Cirque de Soleil
Segway Tour
Deluxe Dining Plan

What we will do that we have never done before or really want to do again because of the plan
Photo session
Photo CD
Richard Petty Driving Experience (DH only)
Mouseboats
Preferred viewing for fireworks/cruise (not sure which)
Fulton's Crab House dinner (always on the dining plan and it's not included)
Lunch at Rainforest Cafe (not on dining plan and DH has fond memories of dining there before the plan back when you could buy those meal vouchers)
Room service for breakfast

A question about the photopass cd, can that include pictures from the rest of our trip being as we will actually be there five days after our package ends?

beautifultomorrow
04-01-2010, 09:44 PM
A question about the photopass cd, can that include pictures from the rest of our trip being as we will actually be there five days after our package ends?

Having never done it, I don't know from experience, but I am almost certain you can do that. (we plan on putting pix from our entire trip on there too). You enter the photopass card numbers on the website after you get home and then order your cd so I don't know how they could keep you from putting other days on there. Now, I dont think you can add your portrait session pix to the same cd but I am not exactly sure how that works.

Leigha
04-02-2010, 06:56 AM
I've never gotten the Premium package but have gotten the Photopass cd many times. The last time we did do the pictures at the GF and it was all on the same cd no problem.

maggiew
04-02-2010, 09:44 AM
I've never gotten the Premium package but have gotten the Photopass cd many times. The last time we did do the pictures at the GF and it was all on the same cd no problem.

You can put them on the CD that you order from the Disney website after you come home and enter all your photopass card numbers.

However, you also get a CD of the images from the resort photo session that day after the session. That is a separate CD. However, we also got a photopass card in that CD case and then we were able to enter that code on the website and have those pictures included with the other pictures from the Park photopasses.

Hope that makes sense.

Maggie

beautifultomorrow
04-02-2010, 11:09 AM
You can put them on the CD that you order from the Disney website after you come home and enter all your photopass card numbers.

However, you also get a CD of the images from the resort photo session that day after the session. That is a separate CD. However, we also got a photopass card in that CD case and then we were able to enter that code on the website and have those pictures included with the other pictures from the Park photopasses.

Hope that makes sense.

Maggie

So when you do a portrait session you have to buy a separate cd but, you can also get a photopass to put the portrait pix on your regular disc, is that correct?

maggiew
04-02-2010, 01:51 PM
So when you do a portrait session you have to buy a separate cd but, you can also get a photopass to put the portrait pix on your regular disc, is that correct?

When you say "you can also get a photopass to put the portrait pix on your regular disc", if you mean you also get a photopass CARD, then yet. That is correct.

I think if you do the resort photosession and only get the print package (and not the CD), you might not get the photopass CARD that allows you to put those pictures on your PARKS photopass CD. I'm pretty sure that when I did this, the only way to be able to get your pictures on the Disney website to add the borders, etc. was to buy the CD.

I bought the resort photopass CD and I got the photopass card with that. Then when I got home I was able to add those pictures to the PARKS photopass CD that I had preordered. I was able to add the borders, etc. to them.

So in essence, I have 2 different CDs that have my resort photo pass pictures on them. One of them also has my PARKS photopass pictures.

Maggie

beautifultomorrow
04-02-2010, 06:05 PM
Yes, the photopass card, that is what I meant. Thanks so much for the info, that is what I thought but I wasn't sure!

Mom21
04-03-2010, 08:03 AM
I just noticed on the Platinum plan it says you get pretrip planning coordination. I haven't seen a number or who to contact listed anywhere. Does anyone know about this?

Mom21
04-03-2010, 03:41 PM
Found my own answer. Funny what happens when you do a little research:rotfl2:

So talked with the IPO at AKL. Gave her the things I wanted and general times. I wanted Le Celliers for lunch one day. She seemed a little hesitant. I thought it is because it is hard to get. She said something about it not being the best steak place on property. I told her I knew I just like the soup and bread and haven't been able to get a reservation in about 2 years. So she said ok if that's why. I said well if you can't get it then Coral Reef will be ok. She said it wouldn't be a problem. So do they get first priority? I hope so. Another reason to use Platinum every few years. Has anyone not been able to get any reservation they wanted using IPO?

Also reference the Wishes cruise, are you guaranteed a music boat? I forgot to ask her. Also how will you know if you are being put with others. I want to order some drinks and things for the boat and always share. I'd hate to over order, but I want enough to share with those on our boat.

2ofUs
04-05-2010, 09:35 AM

I totally agree with the poster who suggested you change your plan to 1 nite and drop to a Premium pkg UNLESS Victoria & Albert's is a required.

By doing Premium, you would save $56 pp for the nite, and $220 pp per nite for the other 2 nights ($992). Even keeping Platinum, you would still save $220 pp per nite for the other 2 nights ($880).

Either way you STILL have 2 full days (you would get 4 days w/3 paid nites) for all activities (pkg is good on check-in day and through midnight of check-out day) so you could spread out your 3 meals pp to include 2 signature dinners and 1 signature breakfast (CRT) or lunch (HBD).

If you are not TOTALLY sold on staying deluxe, you can also stay ANYWHERE using Premium (we are doing POP since not much time will be spent in our room).

You still have to buy a 1 day ticket for each no matter where you stay. Since you already have an AP, you don't need to wait until the package begins to access parks, so choose room-only for the 1st & 3rd nights and you can ALWAYS go back and apply the 40% discount to those nights. All you need to do on the second PACKAGE day is go to the front desk and switch room keys.

Seriously, there are ways to do your trip for less $$$. Consider suggestions, confirm with your DD what she REALLY is interested in doing, look at the time available to do THOSE things, then make your choices. Otherwise, you will wear yourself down with all the indecision. Trust me since I just went through this! Once I decided, booked all activities and meal ADR's, then CANCELLED the ones I knew we won't need, I have felt a huge relief. Now all I have to do is get through the next 5 months until our trip. :rotfl:

Below are my personal thoughts on your schedule. By eliminating the things that may not bring you pleasure and including those that will, everything will fall in to place to help you decide. Have a great trip!

Sun: lunch somewhere $50 OOP CS
spa massage $150 only on Platinum
Victoria and Alberts $250 only on Platinum
Epcot cruise (I really am not counting the entire $300 towards this as i hear you can be put with other people. I have done it before and shared with people of my own choosing off this board so thinking maybe $50 a person for this) $100 only on Platinum - but can get reserved preferred viewing on Premium

Day 2 Breakfast: Boma or in room--depending on how late we sleep $50 OOP CS
Dolphins in Depth (Not really into this as we have swam with dolphins so many places--just thought a chance to do it that I likely would never pay for) $350 Skip
parasailing $135
Jiko $125 Do this as one of your 3 signature meals
I would love to do the Wayama Safari if allowed but I don't see that listed anywhere Use some of the money you save to pay for this?

Day 3 Breakfast in room $50 OOP CS
Coral Reef Lunch $60 Good use of LUNCH meal if you don't want to do HBD signature
Cirque 6pm (did this in Dec so not a necessity) $200 Always a good choice - the show is never the same, even though the entertainers are
Fultons 9pm $125 Good meal choice, we prefer Citrico's. Narccoossees, Cal Grill, Jiko, Artist's Point - all signature
Characters in Flight (not included anyway just want to do it) Again, use your 'saved' money for this

Day 4--check into Poly
Late breakfast at Akershus or CRT $100 Good breakfast choice, could do CRT for signature or 1900 PF since you are close
Aqua Tours 12:30--dd not so sure she wants to do this $280SKIP
Hoop De Review 7:15 $120 We have done this 2 x and it isn't really our favorite, but if you like it, this is a good opportunity to see it .
Carriage ride at Ft Wilderness 9:30 $45 Nice to do, may be harder to book depending on when you go.

Mom21
04-05-2010, 10:24 AM
Thanks for the great review of my plan 2ofus. I have until June 1 to decide what I want to do I believe. I gave IPO my list and I'm afraid I will be stuck with things Like Cirque tickets if I decide not to do it at all. I think everything else I can cancel. I am definitely set on Victoria and Alberts as that is my birthday. DD and I have wanted to go for several years, but I had a hard time justifying the cost. I could do like you said and do the Platinum plan on day 2 but I would need to switch my day 2 and day3 so cirque when be on my Platinum night but then Vic and Alberts isn't covered. I thought about canceling all together and paying out of pocket, dropping the Aqua Seas and The Dolphins but I didn't come out ahead. Decisions; decisions.

madduck
04-08-2010, 08:53 AM
Question: The official website states that 30 minutes are added when you purchase a water activity. I was under the impression that all the water activities were free. Can someone tell me what the deal is?

goodferry
04-08-2010, 10:47 AM
I don't have an answer for you, I wondered the same thing!

Leigha
04-10-2010, 11:04 AM
Has anybody actually done this and know the answer??

Symans3honeybees
04-10-2010, 06:14 PM
Question: The official website states that 30 minutes are added when you purchase a water activity. I was under the impression that all the water activities were free. Can someone tell me what the deal is?

They are all included. As a matter of fact, I have this confirmed with "Mike" at Sammy Duvall Watersport Center at Contemporary Resort. I made our full-day of water sport activities with Mike. He was extremely nice and knowledgeable. Did I tell you that we have 12 pp in our group??!! He basically blocked off 2 hours in the morning for our parasailings and another 2.5 hours after lunch for tubing, water ski and wakeboarding lessons. While some of us are on the ski boats(max. 6pp) he has reserved 4 units of "Personal Water Crafts (PWC) for the rest of the group.
Give Mike a call!! I got it done on my 180 days' mark.:woohoo:

Leigha
04-10-2010, 06:51 PM
They are all included. As a matter of fact, I have this confirmed with "Mike" at Sammy Duvall Watersport Center at Contemporary Resort. I made our full-day of water sport activities with Mike. He was extremely nice and knowledgeable. Did I tell you that we have 12 pp in our group??!! He basically blocked off 2 hours in the morning for our parasailings and another 2.5 hours after lunch for tubing, water ski and wakeboarding lessons. While some of us are on the ski boats(max. 6pp) he has reserved 4 units of "Personal Water Crafts (PWC) for the rest of the group.

Thanks for the confirmation!!

IMGONNABE40!
04-11-2010, 09:02 AM
So, you get 3 meals to use as you see fit with the Premium... can you do 2 signature restaurants? Or, as with the other DP's, you have to use 2 credits at a signature?

goodferry
04-11-2010, 09:39 AM
The Premium plan isn't really categorized as a Dining Plan, it's an all-inclusive plan that includes meals. You get three meals per night of your reservation, if you want to eat three signature meals a day, you can, if you want to order room service for every meal, you can. There are also a few restaurants that are included on the Premium plan that aren't on the dining plans, like Fulton's Crab House, Rainforest Cafe an Victoria and Albert's. Hope that helps!

IMGONNABE40!
04-11-2010, 09:42 AM
Yes, that does help. Thank you!! Seems like if you only dined at 2 signatures and went to La Nouba you would still come out ahead! :goodvibes

Symans3honeybees
04-11-2010, 10:06 AM
The Premium plan isn't really categorized as a Dining Plan, it's an all-inclusive plan that includes meals. You get three meals per night of your reservation, if you want to eat three signature meals a day, you can, if you want to order room service for every meal, you can. There are also a few restaurants that are included on the Premium plan that aren't on the dining plans, like Fulton's Crab House, Rainforest Cafe an Victoria and Albert's. Hope that helps!

Victoria and Albert's is only covered under the "Platinum" Plan. I could think of another restaurant in DTD that is on the "Premium"---Portobello(lunch and Dinner)

Leigha
04-11-2010, 02:30 PM
I have a dilemma! I'm trying to be more frugal. I thought we might stay at Pop instead of a moderate and use the savings for the Premium plan for one night. I've chocked those two days full of the funest activities and the total for those two days would be around $3300 for the cost of $670 from what I can figure. My cheap side says, "Why even spend that $670?" Why not just make this a cheap trip and in two years when we go back for my youngest daughter's graduation trip, we'll do the Premium plan then. If we do all this fun stuff now, what will be left to do then?? My head tells me we will find something! ;)

Three questions: How long has the Premium plan been around? Any guesses on how long it will stay (two more years??)? What would you do??

Waseller77
04-13-2010, 08:09 PM
Is there any way to book La Nouba online? I just tried and it was trying to charge my credit card... Thanks!

Any additional ideas for afternoons? My husband is playing golf and I'd like to find an activity for just myself (premium plan).

Leigha
04-14-2010, 07:25 AM
Are any of the Epcot tours in the afternoon? I do think there is an Animal Kingdom one.

Waseller77
04-14-2010, 02:39 PM
I'd love some feedback on my premium plan - 1 night at Pop Century. We're doing this next month! We arrive to Disney around noon, so we miss out on the morning on Saturday... I am going to check on tours at Animal Kingdom, but any suggestions for me for the afternoon while my husband golfs?

Saturday:

Lunch: Brown Derby

Afternoon: Husband Golf @ Magnolia

Dinner Portobello

9pm La Nouba

Sunday:

9am - Keys to Kingdom tour

Lunch @ Columbia Harbor House

2:15pm - Grand Floridian Portrait Session

4pm - Parasail

Dinner: Yachtsman Steakhouse

9pm Preferred viewing Illuminations

Thanks!

honeymo78
04-14-2010, 09:08 PM
Three questions: How long has the Premium plan been around? Any guesses on how long it will stay (two more years??)? What would you do??

Similar packages to the premium plan have been around at least since the early 90s and even the 80s I think. They have been called several different names but have essentially always covered 3 meals and recreation. The recreational activities and tours covered may vary in a few years but I'm pretty sure it will still be around if it has lasted this long.

honeymo78
04-14-2010, 09:18 PM
Here a question for you single night planning veterans (we've only done it for full trips before we were DVC members).

Could we book a room at Pop for one night with this package and still actually stay in our villa - just go to Pop for check in purposes. Will we have to get the 1 day ticket or can it be booked as an annual passholder? If we do need the tickets can they be used toward a DVC AP renewal?

I'm sure that for the cost of the room and the plan itself we would save hundreds. Check in early morning and spend the day doing watersports (jet ski tour, parasailing, jet ski free ride) with a nice dinner then illuminations cruise. Day 2 start with CRT breakfast (or maybe lunch the previous day) then Dolphins in Depth, more jet skis (we really miss them), nice dinner and La Nouba. We'd fit in our spa service one of the afternoons. I figure this would run $500-600 not including the ticket price which hopefully would go toward our AP if we had to buy them. I think that just the watersports alone would cost well over $600.

The best placement for this would be in the middle of one of our weeklong trips to use as a break from running around the parks. All these activities would actually be "restful" for us. What do all of you think?

honeymo78
04-14-2010, 09:21 PM

Mike is wonderful! We miss him and the rest of the Duvall crew. I actually talked to him on Monday to cancel some jet skis to save money. He remembered us from all our premium/platinum trips over the past few years. I guess there aren't too many people on the packages that spend nearly all day at the marina like we used to do.

Leigha
04-14-2010, 11:14 PM
Thanks for the answers Stephanie! I think I've decided to wait so your answers just help ease my pain! :) I had thought about getting a room earlier but not staying there. I don't see why you couldn't do it. Don't forget though (if I'm correct) that you'll have to get at least a moderate to do the Platinum plan that includes the spa, cruise and Dolphin tour. Again I'm not sure but I do believe from what I've read that you do have to buy the ticket but I don't know why you couldn't upgrade it. Would that be a problem though if you didn't get that ticket until the middle of your trip and you might need to get your AP at the beginning?? Have enough fun for both of us since it looks like I'll be dreaming about it for the next two years until we go again! :)

honeymo78
04-15-2010, 06:31 AM
Ah that's right, it might even be deluxe for platinum. I guess it would really depend on exactly what activities we would be doing. Either way I'm sure we would save money.

I know the 1 day tickets never expire so I could hold on to it for the next year if it can be used for the renewal.

We wouldn't be doing this until next year at the earliest either. We've got too much going on already for our fall trip to try and make this work this year.

Symans3honeybees
04-15-2010, 09:32 AM
Mike is wonderful! We miss him and the rest of the Duvall crew. I actually talked to him on Monday to cancel some jet skis to save money. He remembered us from all our premium/platinum trips over the past few years. I guess there aren't too many people on the packages that spend nearly all day at the marina like we used to do.

Can't wait to meet him!!

leeserw
04-16-2010, 10:17 AM
What is the cheapest deluxe resort for a family of 5? We are staying at PORS. I would like to do the Platinum Plan for one night but want to keep costs as low as possible. This is the best thread! I'm so excited about the possibilities!! Thanks to the OP!

Symans3honeybees
04-16-2010, 10:32 AM
What is the cheapest deluxe resort for a family of 5? We are staying at PORS. I would like to do the Platinum Plan for one night but want to keep costs as low as possible. This is the best thread! I'm so excited about the possibilities!! Thanks to the OP!

I believe the CR/Garden Wing room is the cheapest deluxe which will accommodate 5. While AKL and WL are cheaper than CR, but only 4 can be fitted in their cheapest room category.
We will be staying in CR for our own "Premium" trip. Our plan calls for a lot of watersports during the first full day; therefore, CR's location is the perfect choice.

2ofUs
04-16-2010, 04:26 PM
Here a question for you single night planning veterans (we've only done it for full trips before we were DVC members).

Could we book a room at Pop for one night with this package and still actually stay in our villa - just go to Pop for check in purposes. YES Will we have to get the 1 day ticket YES or can it be booked as an annual passholder? NO If we do need the tickets can they be used toward a DVC AP renewal? Pretty sure you can

I'm sure that for the cost of the room and the plan itself we would save hundreds. Check in early morning and spend the day doing watersports (jet ski tour, parasailing, jet ski free ride) with a nice dinner then illuminations cruise. Day 2 start with CRT breakfast (or maybe lunch the previous day) then Dolphins in Depth ONLY on PLATINUM - must stay at a DELUXE to add Platinum, more jet skis (we really miss them), nice dinner and La Nouba. We'd fit in our spa service Again, only on Platinum one of the afternoons. I figure this would run $500-600 not including the ticket price which hopefully would go toward our AP if we had to buy them. I think that just the watersports alone would cost well over $600. You can do most of the park tours (except the amazing Backstage Magic 7 1/2 tour - Platinum only), all golf & water sports, LOTS of great meals, La Nouba, special viewing for Wishes & Illuminations, and the photo session using Premium - but NOT the Wishes/Illum cruises, spa sessions, Victoria & Alberts, Richard Petty, or the Dolphins/Divequest/Seas Aqua tours - sorry!

The best placement for this would be in the middle of one of our weeklong trips to use as a break from running around the parks. All these activities would actually be "restful" for us. What do all of you think?

I don't know if anyone really answered those questions or pointed out that you were wanting to include some of the Platinum things. We plan to do a 1 nite Premium plan this September, but will definitely splurge on a Platinum nite & Deluxe stay for our 20th anniversary (April 2010).

2ofUs
04-16-2010, 04:36 PM
Is there any way to book La Nouba online? I just tried and it was trying to charge my credit card... Thanks!

Any additional ideas for afternoons? My husband is playing golf and I'd like to find an activity for just myself (premium plan).

You can call 407-WDW-TOUR and they will help you with your La Nouba plans. They view the same seating chart you see online, so have it either printed out or on your computer screen when you call. Also, if you REALLY don't like the seats the computer is going to choose for you, politely ask if there is anyone you can speak with for more assistance. Generally you will be transferred to Guest Services who are pretty good about helping meet special needs or requests. Don't tell anyone I told you this though :rolleyes1

As for afternoon activities, there is only 1 tour - Backstage Safari @ AK, a 3 hour tour starting @ 1pm. There is an 11:30 Segway tour at FW but that is late morning. Only other choices are miniture golf, horseback rides, bicycles, tennis, fishing, archery lessons or water sports,. Personally, I'd pay OOP for a massage or mani/pedi combo. Hey, hubby gets golf, I'd get pampered - we're both happy and that makes for a great evening!

let'sgo
04-17-2010, 08:57 AM
This seems so interesting! So if I were to book the Premium Plan for one night, would I get 3 meals which could be used on that day and the next day until midnight, and all the Premium activities I would like to do on check in day and the next day (check out day) until midnight?-- do you actually get two days of activities? This could really be fun!

Symans3honeybees
04-17-2010, 03:41 PM
This seems so interesting! So if I were to book the Premium Plan for one night, would I get 3 meals which could be used on that day and the next day until midnight, and all the Premium activities I would like to do on check in day and the next day (check out day) until midnight?-- do you actually get two days of activities? This could really be fun!

Yep, it works exactly as you said.:thumbsup2

beautifultomorrow
04-17-2010, 07:26 PM
For anyone who has done this before, are there any limitations on what you can order at Fulton's on the Premium/Platinum Plan? I don't suppose you can add any of the add ons like crab legs/lobster at no additional charge can you?

Thanks!!

IMGONNABE40!
04-18-2010, 12:08 PM
Can I go to Fulton's Crab House on the Premium, or do I have to be Platinum?

beautifultomorrow
04-18-2010, 02:07 PM
Can I go to Fulton's Crab House on the Premium, or do I have to be Platinum?

You can go to Fulton's on Premium or PLatinum. Someone correct me if I am wrong but I believe the only restaurant that is exclusive to Platinum only is Victoria & Albert's.

IMGONNABE40!
04-18-2010, 02:40 PM
Thanks! I am wondering if I am crazy to do this by myself as an add on to our August trip. I know no one else in my group will want to keep this type of schedule. I like the idea of it, but wonder if I will get a bit lonely doing all of these things on my own.

gigimom4
04-18-2010, 04:05 PM
I'm sorry if this has been asked but I am crunching some numbers and have a question. For watersports, it says you get a 10% discount but doesn't say how much it is-or at least I can't find it. Most of these things are just discounts right? Not free since you have the premium plan? I understand the dining and that is great.