PDA

View Full Version : How far in advance do you book it???

belle&sebastiansmom
02-23-2010, 08:57 AM
Is it too early to book for December, the week before Christmas?

How far in advance do you book your trip? Should I wait and see if any codes or deals come up? Or just take the plunge and book it since this is peak time?

jldixon62
02-23-2010, 09:12 AM
Take the plunge! I booked my August 2010 trip in August of 2009. You can always make changes later.

FlightlessDuck
02-23-2010, 09:16 AM
ASAP. I definitely do it before the 180 day ADR window opens.

samshane
02-23-2010, 09:47 AM
This is the same situation I am in right now... looking at the first week of November but have not booked anything yet. Maybe I should just pull the trigger :)

Riviera510
02-23-2010, 09:53 AM
I booked our end of November/beginning of December trip about 3 weeks ago.

I can still make changes if I get a pin code or decide to switch resorts but at least I know I have a reservation for the dates we want.

mlittig
02-23-2010, 10:07 AM
I would book it now and then if any codes or discounts come your way you can always call and modify your reservation :goodvibes Disney makes it very easy to modify a reservation :thumbsup2 That way you make sure you get the particular room category you want, especially since it will be peak time :tink:

mickeynut1
02-23-2010, 12:45 PM
I would book now and have your ressie adjusted should a special deal come out for your dates (pending the availability of your resort/room type) :). December is a popular time of year and some resorts book up fast. Good luck and happy planning :wizard:.

Along4theRide
02-23-2010, 07:25 PM
I agree, book now and keep in the look out for specials. You can always add them to your reservation as long as it's not completely paid for. You'll have the peace at mind that it's booked and can pay for it a little at a time. Good luck! :thumbsup2

shinysparklybubbles
02-23-2010, 07:29 PM
I always book asap because it makes it feel more real!

shadowryter
02-23-2010, 07:32 PM
I just booked 2 weeks ago for our Dec 9th trip.:goodvibes

MissionMouse
02-23-2010, 07:39 PM
Is it too early to book for December, the week before Christmas? No. If you have a specific room category that you really want you should book the room. You can always make changes later, but if the room category or resort [in high demand during Christmas season (WL/PR)] it is important you should secure it now.

How far in advance do you book your trip? Should I wait and see if any codes or deals come up? Or just take the plunge and book it since this is peak time?We have booked a room only over 12 months out, since we wanted a specific room type-view in club during Christmas season. We made changes later as deals became available, other times we got the best deal available like AAA rate. You can always book to secure the resort or room category and watch for deals. Just realize when large number of guest book way in advance, it does impact the probability of future deals from Disney, since their based upon booking levels.

honeydiane1953
02-23-2010, 09:19 PM
Is it too early to book for December, the week before Christmas?

How far in advance do you book your trip? Should I wait and see if any codes or deals come up? Or just take the plunge and book it since this is peak time?

I would reserve ASAP. If you need to change dates so be it. You are lucky going at Christmas.

goofy4prez
02-23-2010, 09:31 PM
I would book your December trip now. When we got back home from our January 09 stay we booked our Christmas 09 visit that same week.

sjs314
02-23-2010, 09:47 PM
In years past I use to try and book at least 6 months ahead but it seems now booking a year ahead is not unreasonable to secure the Resort and type of room you want. I booked our upcoming November vacation the first week of February and found even at 10 months out some room catagorys were already booked at the more popular resorts.