PDA

View Full Version : Summer Sauna @ the CBR

davebflat
02-23-2010, 09:08 AM
We are new to this board (love it!) and have a couple a questions...
We have not been to Disney since 1999 (eek) but are going for 9 days at the end of August. Here in the cold Northeast, we don't return to school until after Labor Day. We have decided on CBR after much research and are wondering if we should book a Preferred location.

Many of the posts talk of a 'relaxing walk' to OPR and 'romantic strolls' however,....Being that it will be AUGUST in FLORIDA... you see where I'm going with this? To avoid losing all of my electrolytes, should we get closer to stuff? close to the pool? close to the food?

I should mention that we are ages 42, 36 and 11...and are active regardless. Also, with travel connections, we are getting a free rental car (probably won't use it much) and that our budget allows for the extra preferred expense. We are hoping the dining plan may happen as well.

Love the board and thanks in advance for your help and insight!!!

David & Nicole

Aubie881
02-23-2010, 11:04 AM
We have stayed at CBR our last 2 trips and are staying again this year. We have traveled end of april first of may for all trips. Temp has been 85+ everyday. We stay at Martinque standard not preferred, building 22. Quiet pool right outside our building, less than 5 minutes to main pool and food court and bus stop right behind our building. We put in request for Martinque and have got it both times. We enjoy the resort and would stay at any of the villages, the walk from any of them is really not that far.

Baltazar
02-23-2010, 11:22 AM
Well, when we were at CBR we were just at the resort early mornings and at night so I can't say how hot the walking was.

Standing on the blacktop at Hollywood Studios with the sun 17 feet above your head gets a bit toasty but it's manageable ... :)

Really there is no need to go to the lobby building because each building group (named for Caribbean islands) has their own bus stop and pool.

Personally I think the money spent on a preferred room would be best used elsewhere. But if you can manage it, it can't hurt.

mickeystoontown
02-23-2010, 12:43 PM
We've been to the CBR twice during August and I can tell you that theheat during our walks weren't bad.. The walkways between the buildings are quite shady so you don't have to worry about those. The promenade around the resort (to get to and from Old Port Royale) have some shaded areas as well. The walkways themselves aren't black and are a light color so they don't get super hot. That being said, if you want to calm your nerves and not worry about it any more, then I'd say go ahead and book the preferred location.