PDA

View Full Version : CBR preferred rooms worth the extra $$$

Zip-a-dee-dude-da
02-22-2010, 10:48 PM
Ive stayed at most all resorts on disney property at least for a day but have never stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort.

This year i figured i go down a day or two before the rest of my family to try out the CBR. (Want to check it off my list- Ill only have SSR, Floridian and POP left after this trip)

Anyway is the Preferred room location worth the extra 20 bucks a night ...I will be mostly using the pool and resort these two days not planning park days (but will be attending the Star wars convention) until the rest of my family arrives.

Staying near the Port Royale would be nice are they really close or just kind of close? Thanks

mom2taylorandemily
02-22-2010, 10:56 PM
You are going to get all kinds of answers on this one, but we book Preferred everytime we go. I like being very close to OPR and the main pool too, so for us its worth the $$.

stitch34
02-22-2010, 11:52 PM
Well, if just using that part of your stay to relax and enjoy the resort, then being nonpreferred could work. Beautiful resort and take a relaxing walk to OPR and the pool and enjoy the scenery.
We're doing preferred our upcoming trip - for us it's just one night and time is limited for us to get our pool time and just want to be close to OPR and the pool. We were originally doing standard and was kinda happy about it to be able to walk the resort more and see more of it, but then a preferred room opened up and for us it came down to time is of the essence, easier for us to be preferred. Also, I think some of the nonpreferred buildings are prettier!
If going to be relaxing and in no hurry to get anywhere during your stay, then I'd say save the little bit more and just do standard.

Gabes_mommy
02-23-2010, 08:29 AM
My family booked standard and requested building 45 which ended up being a perfect location - directly across the bridge from OPR.

However we did decide that we will go preferred for our next stay at CBR so we can guarantee a good location.

safetymom
02-23-2010, 08:53 AM
I would recommend the preferred rooms if you are spending a lot of time at the resort. You can always make a room request but it may not get granted. With the preferred room you know you will be close to the food court and main pool.